Old 09-28-2004, 08:01 AM   #1  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default SAHM # 259 Tuesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 15 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.
Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories excercising, and drinking lots of water.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 08:05 AM   #2  

Default Good Morning !!!

Good morning ladies.

I wonder where everyone was last night. I went to bed earlier than usual with a headache. Woke up this morning feeling much better.

WI this morning.......3 pounds off....WOOHOO. When dh gets home it's measurement day too. I have him do them so I know it's consistently in the same place.

I'll be in and out today. Have to run to get another part for the shower and run by the school.

WATER CHALLENGE!!!!! 100 oz

We can do this girls.!!!
Old 09-28-2004, 08:54 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Hello Ladies

Hi everyone.
Deana, wtg on those 3 pounds. That is awesome.

Geri, I am so sorry to hear about the bossman at work. Hope the mood is better today. Good luck with those sitters.

Penny, that's great you and dh are going away. I know you can't wait. I'm glad you said something, I almot forgot that my anniversary is Thursday, the 30th; 9 years.

Leigh, glad the in laws came and helped. We don't know for sure about dh having a paycheck the next couple of weeks, they were still discussing this yesterday, maybe today I'll know something.

Well, I put Andrew to bed at 900, he was asleep by 930 and I was headed to bed at 1100. Right then Andrew woke up and we didn't go back to sleep until after 200. I have NO idea why. He was wide awake. I tried laying with him in his bed, on the couch, giving him a bottle, finally we got up and watched tv, I thought maybe he'd pass out. The dh got up and told me and Andrew to get in our bed and he'd lay on the couch. It didn't matter Andrew still was wide awake for a while, finally after 200 sometime we fell asleep, then I woke up after 400 and put him in his bed, then the clock went off at 615 but dh got up and I turned it off. Then Ally and Andrew woke me up at 730. So I did actually get 5 hours in but I don't know what his problem was. He did have a little tea for dinner which he always does and he didn't have more than normal. I had given him no medicine, he hadn't had much sweets today, especially since lunchtime, so I don't know, but I didn't like it. At least I got enough sleep to school today, it's our last week before fall break, so I don't want to mess it up. Between school, laundry and my everyday duties, I may not get much more done today.
Sure hope everyone had a better night than me. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:22 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies

Deana,
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Weigh to Go IDAHO!

Crystal,
Sorry you had a bad night Is Andrew cutting teeth maybe?

Well I gotta wait around for the monthly pest control guy to spray then I am off to get some groceries.

Hope you all having a wonderful day!

I am still doing ok on plan but I got that new incentive to do even better...lol I wanna look good on vacation
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:25 AM   #5  
I'm a homeschool mama

Penny, he might be. He has been but I thought they were already through. But he can't breathe at night time. He tries to breathe out of his nose and can't. Always been that way. It's not like he's stuffy, he just can't. Maybe he knows this and knows that it's uncomfortable and doesn't want to sleep, I don't know.
And don't forget, when I wanted to look better for vacation,.....................I got pregnant. HEHEHEHEHE!!!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:57 AM   #6  

Thank you Penny and Crystal for the woohoo's and wtg's. I am sooooo happy. Measurements are done and I am sooooooo excited. I lost an inch off my bust and 2.5 off my waist. Now if these darned hips would go away I wouldn't feel like such a pear .
But I got hit with a double whammy from both mom and dad's sides of the family. They all have big butts. So I am doing what I can to defy heredity and get rid of it FOREVER!!!!!!!

Crystal: Sorry you had such a rough night with Andrew. Not being able to breathe at night may be the problem. Have you ever talked to the Doc about sleep apnea with him. My mom has it and snores horribly. They have told her she needs to have her adnoids out but she hasn't done it yet. She also went thru a sleep study to find out she had apnea. That is probably what is waking him and being so little it probably startles him awake at night. You may want to do some research on it online and see if he has the symptoms.

Penny: Have fun going for groceries today. Hope you're having nice weather there.

Well, my "friend" is here and wants to get on the puter so I'm going to work on my horrid kitchen. Main project of the day. I'm not stopping until it's clean.

TTYL
Old 09-28-2004, 10:15 AM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Deana, thanks for your suggestions and I will do that. The only question I have is that some nights he sleeps fine, other nights he wakes up takes a bottle and goes back to sleep. Last night was the first in a long, long time. Now he does have asthma and I've read that that can affect them at night and make their breathing difficult. However, that's usually his breathing from his chest, this was just his nose.
Way to go on those inches too. That's where you always see the biggest difference.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:45 AM   #8  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning ladies...
Sorry I wasn't on for long yesterday. This stupid rheumatoid arthritis is killing me right now. RA isn't really a true arthritis, its an auto-immune disease which decided yesterday was a perfect day for a massive attack on my hand. I was supposed to have 8 pills on Sat. and I only had 6 before I realized it was too late in the evening to get more. Yesterday my hand started hurting. It swelled up in my carpal tunnel area again then the swelling pushes on the nerves which sends this excruciating pain up to my shoulder. I was up most of the night because it hurts alot worse when I lay down. When I got up this morning my hand looked like an inflated rubber glove. Hopefully it will feel better today.

Anyhow, I weighed in yesterday and lost 3 pounds. Yippee!

Crystal just a quick question for you-Does you little one have allergies? My little girl has asthma and allergies and she has a hard time breathing at night. Her nose swells up inside. My littlest one won't sleep either when she can't breathe but you can tell with her what's going on because she takes these panting shallow breaths and you can really see it in her ribs and in the hollow of her neck. When she's like that my husband props her up and she sleeps between his legs using his stomach for a pillow. Being elevated makes it easier for her.

Gotta go get some stuff done. I don't want to make my hand any worse. TTFN and I'll check in later.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:01 AM   #9  
I'm a homeschool mama

Chris, I'm so sorry about your RA. My mom goes through her tough times too. Of course, hers is in remission, but it still effects her mostly in the hands at certain times.
About Andrew, asthma is actually caused by allergies so he does, however we haven't been able to figure out what exactly. It rares up in mid winter and mid summer, but because he's got it, it effects his sleeping always anyways. I try to keep him propped up on like three pillows and I think that may help him but during the night he tends to squiggle downward. I don't think he suffers from sleep apnea after researching some of it, I think it's a ton of situations. He shares a room with the other girls in which the oldest is scared of the dark so there's a nightlight, but I think it bothers him, I'm trying to find a way to dim it as much as possible. He's been playing outside alot lately because the weather is so much nicer and when he spends too much time outside he tends to not sleep as well. It's too hard to tell a little boy that he can't go outside when his sisters are. Besides we use window units which collect dust and mildew that I can't actually get inside there to clean and that can affect his asthma. I'm excited to build our new house, because he'll have his own room with little or no night light, centeral heat and air so no dust mites and mildew flowing in there and I'm anxious to see how that helps him.
I've got to get off and prepare school. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:04 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone! We had a terrible time last night with the storms coming in off of Jeanne. I was freaking out everytime the wind picked up real bad b/c I am terrified of tornadoes and there were several last night, but not around us thank God. It's finally died down outside but still windy. Yesterday I got in 64 ounces of water and managed to exercise for 25 minutes. I figured out why I've been feeling so lousy lately, I've been skipping breakfast! I would usually grab something around lunch time but by then i'd be starving and want to eat everything in sight. I decided that every morning I will start out first thing with atleast a bowl of cereal, even if i'm not that hungry. I know it will help me out in the long run.

Deana/Chris: Way to go on the weight loss!!!!!!!!! Doesn't it feel awesome when you step on a scale and see those numbers swinging to the left!!

Crystal: I'm sorry about your little one.. I'd call the doctor to rule out any allergies or colds that could be making him stuffy. I hope he gets to feeling better tonight so that you all can get some rest.

Penny: Hey girl! How have you been?

just wanted to say hello to spryng, ricci, michelle, cheri, cindi, and everyone else out there!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Amy
180/174/140
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies just a quick post from me this morning before I go back to bed, I really need to catch up on my sleep.

Leigh so glad you got so much done!! Sounds like it was a great visit!!

Penny Miss ya girly!!

Chris Way to go on the loss!! Woo hooo!! I hope you feel better soon!

Deana same for you girly way to go on the loss keep it up!!

Spryng How long is DH home for (I just want to know so I know how long he is gonna keep you from us ) LOL I'm so selfish.

Amy way to go on the exercise and water!! You better eat breakfast girl!! It really is the most important meal of the day

Geri good luck with the sitter situation! So are you officially back at work or is it just a couple days a week? Did the boys totally miss you yesterday? I bet they did

Crystal I hope you get some rest today!

Jill I'm ordering my school books on Friday I only need two right now, I only do two classes at a time and they each last 9 weeks. First off I'm taking Persuasive writing, and college study I'm not sure the exact names of the courses just the books lol.

Ok well I'm gonna go back to bed I'll TTYL!!
Love to all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:34 PM   #12  

Checking in between sinkfuls of dishes and loads of laundry.

Chris: Sory to hear your RA is taking it's toll on you today. Get some rest. on the 3 pounds gone forever. I'm right with ya girl. Drink that water. It really does help.

Amy: Thank you and yes it does feel great to see those pounds go away. Eat breakfast girl. It jump starts your metabolism for the day to burn those calories. I learned when getting started with my diet, that you need to keep food in you so that your body is constantly using the calories. If you don't then your metabolism slows down to conserve energy, therefore burning less calories. I went from eating twice a day to eating 3 meals and 3 snacks virtually overnight. I feel like that is what has helped alot along with drinking my water every day. Good luck and WE WILL ACHIEVE THINNESS!!!!!

Michelle: That boss of yours is working you too much!!! We miss you. Get some sleep and talk to us soon. Thanks for the kudos.

Spryng: I'm with Michelle on the selfish. Dh can't keep you locked up away from the puter .

Well back to the kitchen. Haven't decided on what's for supper yet, need to do that.
TTYL
Old 09-28-2004, 01:05 PM   #13  
I'm a homeschool mama

Just checking in before lunch. We got school done. I put in scooby doo 2 and Andrew watched the whole thing while we schooled. That means after lunch, NAP, NAP, NAP!!!
Hope all is going well for everyone.
Check in later.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:47 PM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

Crystal,
All three of my kids had/has sleep apnea. That is what I was thinking also. It can't hurt to have him checked Hope you get a nap in today!

Deana,
Weigh to go again! I am so happy for you!

Chris,
IS 3 the magic number today? WOOHOO! Great JOB!

Michelle,
When do you get an answer on the loan? Have you gotten it yet?

Amy,
Is Jeanne calming down now? I am sorry you had such a bad time with the storm! I hate hate hate hurricanes!

Well I have three different places I am looking at for vacation
Las Vegas, Gattlinburg, or Colorada... Yeah I know I named two cities and a state......lol

I need some input from my friends.... I need a flight, hotel and rental car...

I am checking priceline and cheaptickets as Kristen advised
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:07 PM   #15  

Deanna - Congrats on the three pounds down. That is wonderful.

I weighed in today and I am down 1.8 It is a Mommy, Dad, and Me class so there were kids for JW to play with. I really did not stick to core or flex. I tried to do a little of both, but it gets confusing. I am going to try to stick to core this week. I was bad about my workouts last week, so at least I know how to improve.

I am exhausted. I am going to get a nap and caught up later.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote