Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-28-2004, 08:38 AM   #1  

Unhappy Over did it yesterday. :-(

I did great all day long and then I went home and drank a 16oz beer and had 4 (yes 4!) slices of pizza. AND I didn't stop there - I also ate some crazy bread from Little Caesars with crazy sauce.
I don't even want to figure out all the calories I consumed. I know it is around 2200...

If I stick it out the rest of the week should I still be able to lose a pound or at least maintain what I lost? I feel very guilty. I can't believe I blew it.
Shelle_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:07 AM   #2  
mom2_5

Shelle,
Don't beat yourself up. We all have bad days. The important thing is not to let that one bad day get in the way of the goals you have set for yourself. Yesterday is history, TODAY is a new day!!!
Keep your chin up. YOU CAN DO IT!!

SW/230

CW/205
GW/140
wildblue_yonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:08 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Shelle,

Can you remember what you were thinking while you were eating those things? That might give you some insight into what kinds of stories you tell yourself to make it OK at the time. It also sounds like you got a little buzz off that beer and went wild with it.

One idea is not to have food like that in the house if you can help it. If it's not there, you have to make an effort to go eat it. (You might decide to do that anyway, but you'll have more time to think between the impulse and putting the food in your mouth.)

Wildblue is right--one bad day doesn't ruin a program. If you get right back on, you'll still do OK in the long run. Weight loss is about keeping going.

Hang in there!

Jay
SW: 196 5/24/04
CW: 181 9/29/04
GW: 145
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:10 AM   #4  

Well what is funny is that when I was reaching for the pizza I don't know if I was thinking anything. It was like sleepwalking - on fast forward!!

Usually (obviously not all the time) I can stop myself from eating more of it by telling myself, " I know you want more because it tastes good - but the pizza place is not going out of business - you will have access to some on other days."

This time I honestly think my hands took over and just kept picking up the slices... But I felt horrible afterwards.

I am doing a better now. I have stuck to the program the remainder of the week and think I might weigh myself today.
Shelle_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:55 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Lesson learned: Don't sleepeat. LOL You were probably, somewhere in the back of your mind, think "Man! Does this taste great!" Next time try, before you take the first slice, chowing on a large salad or drinking a huge glass of water THEN digging into the pizza. Your hand will stop sooner or your belly will burst. ;-)
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:22 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

I actually did wake up eating one night. Several years ago I was on Paxil and my appetite was ravenous (I had lost all my weight, but gained it all back while on Paxil) but the night I woke up eating a cheese sandwich in front of the fridge was the last straw!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 01:30 AM   #7  

The Sept issue of Fitness has an article about what to do if you binge. For a one day only binge they suggest a bit more exercise and a bit less food for a week. It could be a few hardcore exercise classes, or an extra 1/2 brisk walk per day, and 100 cals less, like one slice of bread or glass of juice.
Hope you're feeling good about your self by now!!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 08:52 AM   #8  

We all do it, but the trick is not to let the slip-up become a huge landslide! Keep your chin up, you'll get there!
goeatanapple is offline   Reply With Quote