Old 09-26-2004, 07:39 PM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Favorite exercise videos?

I went to a cardio kickboxing class at my gym and it was absolutely great, problem is it is only offered once a week. Also, it isn't always easy for me to make it to a class offered at my gym.

So, I was wondering, what are your favorite exercise videos? I'm looking for a kickboxing suggestion if anyone has one. I know about and actually have Tae Bo tapes (the ones that first came out). So if there is anything besides that let me know, but in general I'd like to know some other favorites out there.

I recently acquired "Crunch Fitness - Fat Burning Pilates" and it is actually a decent tape but they are stretching the pilates part in the beginning Basically it is light cardio moves standing up based on Pilates floor exercises in the first part, then some mat work in the second part.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 12:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

I have the Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds 1 and 2 mile, but I am looking to get some variety. Thinking of a tae bo begginer tape, but i have a feeling its too hard for me, seeing as I havent gotten through the one mile leslie tapes yet,..lol
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:20 AM   #3  
Just Me

Heather, the big tip with exercise classes and exercise videos is you don't have to do it as exactly the instructor does If you did try the Tae Bo beginner video, which I have but haven't used in years and probably won't use it because I want DVD's and it is on VHS, then you just do the best you can.

I was thinking of looking into Walk Away the Pounds but I thought it might be too boring or maybe too easy for me. I may look into Salsa Cardio because that does sound like fun.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:27 AM   #4  
Searching

Chest and Abs of Steel 2000
Yoga for Dummies with Sara Ivanhoe
Reebok Yoga (the 45 min is a power series with all 3 warrior poses)
Buns of Steel (fun cardio session)
Power Boxing

I thought you went to the gym Nelie? Just looking for a supplement workout?
Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:57 AM   #5  
Just Me

Yeah I do go to the gym but I was looking for things to do at home when I either don't have time or I'm not up to it. I was able to do 20 minutes on the elliptical yesterday which was a major woo hoo for me, but I really don't like going to the gym to do cardio only stuff.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:25 PM   #6  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

I've heard great reports on Cathe Friedrich's Body Blast workouts -- she apparently has a show called Cardio Blast, and this is her DVD series. I've heard it's great, and that her instruction is terrific and not annoying.

Also, any of the Crunch DVD's are supposed to be wonderful.

Before my lung thing got too bad, I had gotten up to the 4-mile power walk with Leslie Sansone, and I don't think you'd find that too easy, Nelie. It's a REALLY good workout -- and I don't think 4 miles with hand weights and pumping, reaching arms is a very light cardio workout. But I'm definitely going to invest in the above videos once I'm back up to speed and know that I will use them.

Good luck!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 03:32 PM   #7  
Taking care of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessofsarahtolove
I've heard great reports on Cathe Friedrich's Body Blast workouts -- she apparently has a show called Cardio Blast, and this is her DVD series. I've heard it's great, and that her instruction is terrific and not annoying.
I sometimes watch Cathe Friedrich on cable. I think she is great. She's encouraging but not hyper. She does step workouts and weight lifting workouts and my muscles ache just watching her. I'm planning to buy her new beginning step video.
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 04:32 PM   #8  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I have a Reebock Step Video that I LOVE!!! It has Gin Miller.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 04:46 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobsMommy
It has Gin Miller.
Ooh, I've heard she's GOOD. I ordered the "WalkBlaster" and accompanying DVD by Leslie Sansone -- it's a ramp, exactly like the one Gin Miller introduced some time ago. (Like a stepper, and great for the hamstrings and glutes; it gets your heart rate up much higher than a normal power walking workout, but it's easier on the knees than a stepper.) I'm planning to get one of Gin Miller's ramping workouts to add to my collection.

Now I'm intrigued by this Salsa Cardio, though -- sounds fun!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 05:21 PM   #10  
Exercise Vidiot

I love all of the Crunch workouts. I have both Fat Blaster Latin (VHS) and Cardio Salsa (DVD). I really enjoy their pilates and yoga tapes as well.

I like Donna Richardson's Dance series and her 3 day rotation.

I just started using Leisa Hart's Fit to the Core DVDs and I am really enjoying them - but I use dumbbells rather than a weighted bar.

And sometimes I still use my old MTV Grind workout tapes, but I don't think they sell those anymore.
Fitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 06:16 PM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Shelia53? Where are you on this thread? You ARE the video queen.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 07:19 PM   #12  
Live for the Moment!

Thanks for all the ideas ladies!

Well I'm usually a gym person and that's the only workout's I do.. However, I've just ordered Billy Blanks Tae Bo Cardio to help keep me on track for those days I can't make it or just don't feel like driving to the gym. It will also help for the weeks I work the late shift and cant make it to the gym. Now, I can still work out at home. Im really excited and hope it arrives soon! I'll keep you posted on how I like it.
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 08:13 PM   #13  
beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie
I was thinking of looking into Walk Away the Pounds but I thought it might be too boring or maybe too easy for me.
i thought the same thing about yoga. LOL the first WATP dvd i had was walk away the pounds 1 mile and 2 mile for abs. it was ok but my friend borrowed it for a long time so i just let her have it and then went and got walk away the pounds express 1 and 2 mile. i love it! its fun and just today i added the stretchie band to the workout and oh my! the only thing i get bored with is seeing the same people every single time. i got the crunch dance party and its hard.... probably just because i can't dance to begin with but it will be a challenge and i'm sure it will take a long time to get the steps down to where i can do the whole tape.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Not me, GJ. It was Sherry (Suzie76). She's busy with school, however, so I hope she won't mind if I post the list she posted previously. Maybe she'll see this and add some more.

Here is a list of some of my favorites [note: not mine, Suzie76):

Aerobics:

Tamilee Webb-Fit to the Hits Rock Hard Assets (dance)
Tamilee Webb Fit to the Hits-Motown Moves (dance)
Richard Simmons (dance)
Donna Richardson -Donnamite-(Dance)
Donna Richardson Three Day Rotation-Dance aerobics segment
Leisa Hart-TNT
Leisa Hart-Ball Aero Workouts
Leslie Sansone-Walk away the Pounds, WATP abs, Two Mile Walk
Prevention magazine video-Fat to Fit
Fat burning for Dummies-excellent to learn basic steps
Tamilee Webb-Cardio Blast

Strength Training-

Prevention magazine-Fat to Firm
Weight Training for Dummies
Tamilee Webb-I Want that Body DVD
Donna Richardson-Four Day Rotation
Quick Fix Total Mix
Firm Basics-weight training

Interval Training-alternates weights and cardio in same workout

Leslie Sansone-Walk Strong -uses weights/cardio
Leslie Sansone-Walk Strong Express-uses resistance bands/cardio
Tamilee Webb-Tighter Assets Weight Loss
The Firm-Lower body Sculpt
The Firm Body Sculpting System II
Donna Richardson-section of Three Day Rotation
Karen Voight/Elle Macpherson-Your Personal Best

Yoga-
Crunch Candlelight Yoga w/Sara Ivanhoe-shows modifications for beginners, beautiful music, nice set, not intimidating at all-first yoga tape I liked-highly recommend!
Yoga for Dummies w/Sara Ivanhoe

Pilates-
Pilates for Dummies
Crunch Pick your Spot Pilates

Stretching-
Tamilee Webb Total Stretch for Beginners-features one 30 minute workout, and three ten minute workouts-seated, standing, and floor-my favorite!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:10 PM   #15  
Just Me

Since I am currently subscribing to Netflix, I decided to put one of the WATP videos in my queue so I can try it out before I try buying it. I'll let you guys know how I like it. I also put a few others that I wanted to try. Right now I'm going to go to the gym and be a muscle woman

I was talking to a friend today about weight training and it truly amazes me especially the fact that I have lost nearly 50 lbs with very little cardio and I've lost tons of inches! I just noticed another inch gone on my thighs (each thigh) although I have been lifting really heavy weights with my legs.

I am trying to add more cardio in which is why I initially thought about exercise tapes so that I can add some variety and also do it on my own time.