Old 09-27-2004, 07:40 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post SAHM #258 Monday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 15 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.
Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 07:50 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning

Good Monday Morning Ladies. Hope you all had a great night. Mine was okay again, I think Andrew woke up like twice. And in between I slept so hard. Woke up with a pounding headache though.

Kristin, Happy Birthday Sydney.

Jill, glad you got some clothes. There are not alot of places to go for maternity here. I can drive to Mesquite, about 35 to 40 minutes from my house and have more places to go, but expensive. I do like to go to Sears, they have great sales. Good luck in school.

Penny, after a busy Saturday, hope your Sunday was more relaxing.

Geri, I'm with you I HATE TO IRON. I wait until I have this HUGE pile of clothes to iron at once, which really makes it worse, but I'm a procrastinator anyways.

Hello to Deana, Amy, Chris, Spryng, Ricci, Michelle, Mel and everyone else out there in SAHM world.

Today we are calling the bank to tell them we've got the closing $ so proceed. I don't care if it's a yes or no, I'm just tired of not knowing anything. If it's a no, then we can move forward with another plan. I need to go to town and run a few errands, but we'll see. We didn't get our reading done in school on Friday, and I like to stay on the same lesson plans for math and reading so today we'll just do reading so tomorrow we'll be back on track. Friday will be our last day and we'll have like a two or three week Fall break. Haven't decided yet. Probably just 2 weeks so we don't get too comfortable. I won Andrew a 12 pc. winter lot of clothes on ebay. Like 4 outfits with pants and tops, a jean jacket, a winter coat and two more items that all look really nice for shipping and everything of $25.00, I thought that was good, I probably won't have to buy him anymore after that.
Okay, gotta wake up dh and get him out the door. TTYL
Old 09-27-2004, 09:31 AM   #3  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Just a quick note. On my way out the door to get shower parts and such.

Crytal: Glad you had a good night. WTG on the ebaying.

I'll be back later.

Have a great day everyone.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:05 AM   #4  
I'm a homeschool mama

All right, my morning isn't starting great. I had to do the bank statements today and pay some bills and we are getting our first effects of dh not having a job. And actually he did get paid for last week, but he's not this week and he's not looking for a job. I don't have enough to buy groceries, which I don't need to terribly bad today, I can wait a few days. I don't know if he'll get his first unemployment check this week or not, but it's not enough to cover bills, which this next week is a HUGE week of bills and I will need groceries. I haven't found my local wic office yet, still looking.
I have to run to town to make a deposit and get some milk. Not that any of y'all wanted to hear all that bad news, but it's hitting and I'm trying to stay calm and under control. Okay, out the door, talk to ya later.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:19 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies!

Crystal,
Congrats on the clothes! Hope you get back on track today with school. Hope you get a good word from the bank.

Deana,
I know you have a hard day of work ahead of you I wish you luck!

Jill,
Don't work too hard at school today! Let me know how it goes! I bought Andrew some Weeble Wobbles last night! They are having a Weeble Wobble thing at Walmart tomorrow! I might check it out!

Michelle,
Are you off any this week???

Leigh,
Where are you girly? I know Spryng said your puter was acting up! We miss ya

Spryng,
I hope dh has some luck today looking for a new job!

Geri,
Don't work too hard today! How are you doing with the exercise? Good luck at TOPS!

Melinda,
When is your first ww meeting??

Chris,
I LOVE the pics! Too cute!

Ricci,
How is school going for you? I need some highlights! You can practice on me!

Ginny,
Hope things are slowing down for yoU!

Melissa,
How did Patrick's party go? Hope he had a blast!

Kristen,
What fun things do you have planned for Sydney this week?

Cheri,
What are you doing girl?

Cindi,
How is everything going with you! How is Christian doing???

Jaymi,
Where have you been? Hope you are having a good day!

Angel,
Are you still around? We miss you?

Well I think we are gonna hang around the house today! Not too much planned.
Have a great day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:24 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Crystal,
I know things will work out for you!

Have you contacted the Medicaid office for the children yet? What about the food pantry?

When dh quit his job to open his own business, we applied for Blue Cross (the same co. we had with dh's old job) they rejected us b/c of Andrew's kidney disorder.
Our children are now on Medicaid so I know what it feels like to need help.

Hang in there! I know it will all work out for you!
Old 09-27-2004, 10:30 AM   #7  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey girlies. It's my big day at school today!! I'm up early and it's not too bad so far LOL I need to get dressed and get some things done before I go and get the baby up but wanted to check in first and say hi. I have to go in early today so I can get books and stuff before class starts. I should only be gone till about 2:30 Central time and I only have one class today and then tomorrow I have a day off! Shouldn't be too bad right? Ok just a quickie from me. Need to go get some breakfast and get dressed so I can be ready to go soon. Have a great day and I'll talk to you in a few hours!!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:40 AM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Jill,
I miss ya already.... lol

Hope you have a great day at school!

What classes are you in?
Old 09-27-2004, 12:04 PM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Morning!!!!!
Just a short hello.....
The ONLY way I can iron is to rent a movie that I know Dh will not want to see, or a TV show (favorite sewing or craft show) that he won't watch. At least I get some "me time" while performing the miserable job. Now if I can just find some way to iron while walking I would really be smiling.
Have a great day ladies.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 12:26 PM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi all.
Jill, have fun at school. Hope all goes well.
Penny, I know that doing this assistance stuff is hard, now. I called and got a wic appt. but now I need the kids shot records and in order to get those I have to go sign a release at the doctors office. That office is 20 minutes away and the wic appt. is wednesday. So I have to go to the doc tomorrow to turn around and go to the wic appt wednesday. so long slow days at home, huh? I've got to call medicaid next, but I have to find out if my doctor accepts it. I know my pediatrician does but not sure about my obgyn.
Anyways, we're having some lunch. TTYL
Old 09-27-2004, 01:28 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon all! I am having an awesome day. I burned 520 calories today, I was on a roll! Treadmill fat burning program for 45min and the bike for 20! I did a total of 5 miles between the two. I feel so good. Now I am eating my salad with chicken in it for lunch. So far I'm in the negative for cal's today. YES!!

Patricks birthday is today and He is 2 already! Thank you all for the birthday wishes for him! HIs party went well and he loved the thomas themed cake. We now have a ton of thomas stuff around. He's enjoying it all quiet a bit!!

Jill, Good luck at school today, Let us know how it goes.

Crystal, I hope dh gets a job soon. Do you need coupons for anything?? I have a ton of things I could send you. I know being short on cash is real hard. Good luck with medicaid and wic.

Deana, I hope you get everything done you need to today. Are you drinking your water today???

Leigh, I tried to view your pics, but wasn't able to for some reason. I wanted to see your renovation/decorating.

Geri, Happy Birthday!!!! Sorry it's belated, I was crazy here with bugga's birthday prep, didn't mean to pass you up.

Kristin, How r u? Maybe I'll catch you online later. How was watching your uncles children? I hope all went well.

Cindi, I hope christian is feeling better. Let us know. HOw r u doing with the water intake? Oh yes, I think I remember reading you lost 2 lbs. YIPPIE. CONGRATS!!!

Anyway, Since I did all this exercise, I MUST SHOWER or you will all smell me across the country. LOL. I'll check in later girls!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 02:11 PM   #12  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

I'm back for a few. Had to take dd to school then go and buy a shower curtain liner and rings so dh can get a shower before work tonight. He has the sheetrock up and now we have to tape and mud, let it dry for atleast 24 hours then we can put up the shower board. He needs to be getting to bed though so I doubt we will get much more done today. Atleast we have the water back on now.

Crystal: Good luck with Medicaid and WIC. I had mine on WIC too until dh starting a better job. Luckily our appts. were right here in town. I know everything will work out, just take it day to day.

Mel: Is that what I smelled? LOL....just kidding....it was the cows across the road. WTG on the workout and YES I am drinking my water today. Have been doing really well on that. 100 oz every day for over a week now. I peeked at the scales yesterday and was down 3 from Tues. I peeked again this morning because of the way I ate yesterday at the family reunion, but I drank all my water....and I was down another .5......Tomorrow is WI and measurement day so I'm hoping to see a 4 pound loss this week.

Jill: Hope your first day of school is great. Don't forget about us......

Ginny: What a great con....a tv in the laundry room or kitchen. I may have to ask for one for mine now.....LOL.

Penny: Hope you have a great laid back day.

Spryng: Tell dh you need to come back now and then....he can't have you all to himself . We miss you too.

Hi to everyone else. Better go see what dh is going to try to get done today.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 02:36 PM   #13  

Hey ladies! How is everyone? I didn't think I'd ever get back on this computer. I've had such a busy and hectic weekend and my computer has been acting buggy for some reason. I sign on and then after a couple minutes it shuts down! I hope I don't have a virus in it... I went to my cousin's wedding Saturday and had a blast! It was like a high school reunion for me b/c I forgot my cousin is good friends with alot of people I went to school with. It was nice catching up with them. It was so funny b/c there was this guy there who I use to have the biggest crush on in high school. We talked for a while in school but never dated. He was at the wedding and boy has he changed!!!!!! Let's just say he isn't that fit little baseball player he was in school! Not that I can talk, I'm atleast 40 pounds heavier than I was in school! There was so much food at the reception, and yes, I ate alot!! But that meal was my breakfast, lunch and dinner so hopefully it didn't hurt me. I stayed over at my mom's saturday and we watched "A Beautiful Mind". I had never seen it but I really enjoyed it. I like those kind of movies, and I loveeeeeeeee Russel Crowe!! Well, I'll get off here now, I'll try to get on in a little while when my ds isn't in such a foul mood! Talk to you later!

Amy

180/174/140
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 03:04 PM   #14  
I'm a homeschool mama

Good afternoon.
I just got up from a so so nap. Sort of just dozed and such. Woke up with a terrible headache. Anyways, thanks for your concerns. I'll keep you all up to date.

Mel, Happy Birthday to Patrick. I forgot he and Andrew were so close in age, my Andrew will be 2, Dec. 1st. I'm not sure about the coupons. I've been clipping grocery coupons each week and looking around the net. Plus I'll get on wic and such. It may take me a week or so to see how things are going and be on such a tight budget to realize what I need, but I'll keep you're offer in mind. Thanks.

Andrew's nose is running today, he's not really cranky because of it, I just hate when it happens. I don't know what I'm cooking for dinner yet, I'll let you know. TTYL
Old 09-27-2004, 03:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello all!!

DH is out job hunting so I'm able to get on the computer without him thinking I'm abandoning him, lol. Men.. sheesh.
I haven't been able to catch up with the post from the weekend yet. I hope everyone had a good weekend. We did. Yesterday after church we went to MIL and played Cranium, it was lots of fun and laughing. Today we have some friends coming over to visit tonight so I've been trying to get this house back in order. So far I've completed my living room and that is it. I still need to clean the kitchen including moping it and the bathroom and the kids rooms. But dh will be home in a little bit to help out so it won't take too long. Dinner tonight is One dish rosemary chicken with white beans, not sure about sides yet.
I got sick on friday night and threw up not long after taking my BC pill that night. So it came back up I suppose and then saturday I started bleeding again. I guess it's TOM even though he shouldn't have been here for another week. Is that normal when you miss a pill?? I wasn't going to sift through my vomit (sorry so graphic, lol) to find it so how do you make up a pill you miss like that? But anyway, because TOM is here I'm really tired today so I'm going to take a nap soon.
Well, phone is ringing... shoot! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote