Old 09-24-2004, 11:58 AM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 39

Here is a refresher of my goals:

Short Term Goal: Be under 200 pounds by my birthday week weigh in, on November 3.

Mid Term Goal: Be at 190 by the end of the year.

Long Term Goal: Be at 170 at February 9 weigh in.

Goal Goal: Be at 150 by June 1.

I've hit a mental stumbling block, and I really think it's due to the fact I am exhausted. With my hubby battling the kidney stone, time off from work, trips to the emergency room, etc., it's just really tough for me to focus on myself and weight loss this week.

My goal for this week is to maintain some sort of balance, get on track with eating, and just be good.

So much going on, and not much time to even deal with all of it. Guess it's a busy time of life right now.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:49 PM   #2  

Hello. Chachee, your husband is in my prayers. I hope you take time to take care of yourself as well.

My biggest goal for this week is to take care of myself, and get healthy. Summer allergies turned into an early fall cold. Lovely. Short term goal, which I hope is still attainable, is to reach 225 by my birthday. That would be 50 pounds lost.

I have been really floating the last few weeks. Not committed. I am going to be resigning my membership from TOPS. Some stuff has come up from old members, which has led to the group getting very sidetracked from our purpose - weight loss support. I feel badly for the group, as I can guess what they went through with these former members, and I know eventually it will settle out. But this is not my fight. It is not why I rejoined. I don't have the energy, or the time to waste. So, I will return to my own resources, and borrow Bat when I need to.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 04:49 PM   #3  

Default Saturday 9/25

I'm still here!!

I managed to lose a pound at weigh-in this past Mon even though I was most off program for the week.

I am also limping along lately with my weight loss efforts. I do pretty good until I get upset about something and then I have a food fix (usually chocolate). My worst time is at work - my job is not stressful, it's the people I work with. They are nice and speak to me when they pass my desk, but they don't seem to want me to be in their little groups. I guess that's their problem not mine.

This past week I have tried to follow the WW core plan. I have done pretty good with only a few slip ups.

Jolly - I think you made the right decision to get away from the negativity in your TOPS group. Hope you can find another positive resource.

Chachee - try to tackle only one thing at a time; hope your husband starts feeling better soon; please take care of yourself.

Welcome to Dutchy!!

Dan - hope you had a good week.

Hope for everyone a good weekend.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:09 PM   #4  

Welcome Dutchy. Connie, congrats on the loss. A loss is a loss. Be proud of it. I am in the same boat lately - limping along on my food. Been letting myself get stressed about things, and eating lots. I need to get going again. Recommit.

Here's to a wonderful week for everyone.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:07 AM   #5  

Good morning all. Real quick post here. I lost the 3 pounds I gained last week. Which is good. The bad thing, is that the farting around I have done the past few weeks means that meeting my birthday goal is almost impossible. I will still try as hard as I can, but not sure I can meet it. Wish me luck.

Have a good week all.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:34 AM   #6  

Default Monday

Good morning!!

Just back from WW weigh-in, I lost 1.6 lbs this week; still about 2 lbs to go to get back to my low weight of 297 before I had this gain.

This week I plan to get back on an exercise plan and to follow the WW core plan. I also plan to try couscous for the first time. I get into a food rut eating the same foods and have decided to try at least one new food or recipe each week. I also tried grilled salmon last week when I went out for dinner; it was very good and I will order it again. I thought it was taste like canned salmon, but it didn't taste fishy at all.

Jolly - congrats on losing 3 lbs ; even if you don't meet your goal, you have made a lot of progress as far as exercise and weight loss go. I think you have been very successful and even if you don't get to a certain number you have lost weight and taken positive steps to do so.

Chachee, Dan, Dutchy - hope you are having a good day.

Have a good week.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 12:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Hi, everybody. I've been real busy and was struggling through some setbacks, but I'm happy to report that I've had 3 consecutive days on program. I'm still following WW Core - and I'm doing well. I have already lost everything that I gained from my "week off"! I find that the single most important thing that I can do is to pack my lunch and snacks for the day.

We went to a few farmstands and pick-you-own orchards yesterday. Just a perfect day, and we've got lots of great fresh fruits and veggies around the house.

Congratulations on the loss, Connie.

Jolly - if you decide that your current goal is no longer realistic, then pick a new goal that is. Back at the beginning of the year, I had set a goal for this coming birthday. Well -- I'd have to drop about 50 pounds in 7 weeks to get there! So, now, I've got a new goal that would require me to drop about 16 pounds - and I can do that! And, boy, can I relate to the allergies leading to a cold! I'm still coughing a bit.

Chach - I hope your husband gets through this quickly. Are you still following the Core plan?

Welcome, Dutch - I hope that you find us again.

My goals for this week are:

1) to log on more frequently;
2) to do better planning;
3) to limit myself to 20 extra points (excluding those earned by exercise)
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:29 AM   #8  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hey guys.

I'm kinda in a funk right now with weight loss. Jolly, I'm like you..I'm contemplating only going to WW once a month. I'm getting burned out on the meetings and treating it more like a social event, rather than a support group. I honestly am getting more out of the boards here than I am the meetings.

Funny thing is, though, that I am all about the exercise right now. Food is about 75% of where it needs to be, but exercise is 100%!! Got my new treadmill this weekend. I love it!!!

Hubby passed the stone on Saturday, and he is a much happier camper! Thanks for all your support and prayers during that time.

I gotta scoot, but wanted to check in with you all.

Input would be much appreciated.

Chach
Old 09-28-2004, 09:01 AM   #9  

Hey all. Dan, congrats on staying on plan. Chachee, woo hoo on the treadmill and exercising. Connie, way to go on the loss.

I am also in a bit of a funk. NOthing is really going wrong, but it feels like everything is wrong. I am stressing out about finances. I have to get a part time job. I am feeling very lonely. The stress of quitting TOPS doesn't help. I am feeling a bit dissatisfied at work. The horse is being a brat. I keep hearing old demons - like last week at racquetball. I had a really bad match - only 3 points in 3 games. I kept hearing in my head "you're too fat and stupid to do this." Stuff like that. Part of it is the cold, I know, but I really need to get out of this funk. Exercise is still there (though I have wimped out on weights), but eating is still not right. I don't know. Sometimes I feel likeI should just give up. Sell the horse to save money. Forget the self renovation project. Get some polyester and just stay the weight I am.

Sigh.

Could I be any more of a whiner?????
Old 09-28-2004, 10:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Chach & Jolly -

Sorry 'bout the "funk". You have both made such good progress, and it is important to stay motivated. I'm not sure that cutting back on meetings is a good idea. Although the boards are great support, it is helpful to have that weekly "reckoning" hanging over you all the time.

I'd like to make two suggestions. Set a short term goal - - something that you can accomplish in a week and something that won't be frustrated by things beyond your control. For example, Chach could set a goal to hit 20 miles on the treadmill in a week. Now, here's the important part - - promise yourself some type of special reward to go with it. An example would be to go to a movie you've been wanting to see.

Second suggestion - spice up the food a bit. Troll the boards for a food suggestion that is in your plan but not something you'd ordinarily eat. Take a bottle of fancy, sparkling water to work for a change. The point is to do something different that is still on your program but that will get you out of the rut.

Jolly - I am especially concerned for you. I've been there and I've let it bring me down (although it hasn't kept me there). You DESERVE to accomplish your goals and to become the person that you want to be. You have lost 40 pounds in 6 months! That is a remarkable accomplishment and a testament to your motivation. Just imagine where you will be 6 months from now - or a year from now. Or, even more importantly, 5 years from now!

We can all do this!
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 10:48 AM   #11  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Alright, seems to be something going on.

I'm going to take Dan's advice and spice up food a bit. I've packed some sugar snap peas and a golden delicious apple for snacks at work. I also found some 2 point granola bars and have them for work also. I have been eating carrots and red apples for so long now, maybe this change will help.

I did 1.5 miles on the treadmill this morning. I love the incline feature. Guess I never really got into treadmills before, but I just love it. Who would have thought I would have ever said that?

I am going to miss my meeting this week, as I have tire change overs, hubby leaving for Nashville, meetings at his Squadron for their Christmas party, etc. Just really busy and can't make any meetings that are scheduled for the rest of the week. I will probably go next Wednesday to my regular meeting, but I am changing plans to only pay for weeks I attend, knowing I have to go once a month.

Maybe this funk will lift. Jolly, I've been right where you are and I would offer some words of advice, but am too out of it right now to do that. I just want to let you know you are not alone and I'm right there for you and with you. We'll make it out soon.

Thanks for the good words, Dan!

Chach
Old 09-29-2004, 09:08 AM   #12  

Thanks for all the kind words. Right now, unfortunately, they aren't sinking in. My boss even called to see if I was ok, as I am feeling unsettled at work too. She gave me some very positive feedback, and I couldn't even accept and own that either.

It isn't even the reaching of goals right now that is the problem. The goal weight I was talking about for my birthday, Dan, was sort of a contest I had with myself. There is a jacket I want, but don't really want to spend tons of money on in between sizes. I told myself if I reached 225 by my birthday, I would allow myself to splurge on that jacket. Ah well. I will set a new goal for later.

It isn't just the weight, either. I just feel like I am struggling. And I feel bad for feeling this way, because really nothing is going wrong. It is all internal. I don't know where this is coming from or why. But I need to get to the bottom of it and move on.

I hope things start looking up for you too, Chachee. Why is your husband going to Nashville? I am hopefully going there in November. My friend gets leave and is going home there for a couple of weeks before shipping out to Iraq. I am trying to find affordable airfare so I can go visit her.

Take care all.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:24 PM   #13  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Howdy Everyone!

Feeling much better this morning. I took some time out yesterday and really asked myself the tough questions. Why am I getting down on myself? Why am I making bad choices? Why all this self doubt??

Answers came in trickles for me. One, then a little bit later the other, etc. For me, at my highest, I was 283. Goal weight for me was at least 120 pounds away. Losing this first 60 has been relatively easy. Now it's tough because my body is really changing and it's hard for me even daily to find something that is either not too sloppy or not too tight. Being in between is hard. I'm not plus size anymore, but the misses clothes can sometimes be too tight in areas.

Plus, with the breast reduction surgery really changed the look of my body. Before I had this huge chest and everything below it looked really small. Now, it's all proportionate, which I am really happy about, but it makes the rest look not so small anymore. That is hard to deal with also, but I am loving how things fit on the top so much! I'm so happy I had the surgery and am now going to adjust to it.

So, I'm refocused, giving myself a break, and getting over it. I'm sure it will continue to be a struggle, but I'll make this journey a successful one!!!

Chach
Old 09-30-2004, 10:55 AM   #14  

I am starting to feel a bit better, but it is slow. I need to take time out to ask myself those questions too. Right now, I am still making bad food choices. I need to get myself out of this funk soon, so I don't undue all the work I have done. However, I am ok with coasting for a bit, until I get things sorted out. I can not be hard on myself, as it just makes the funk worse, and longer.

So, here's to funklessness. I hope we are both on the other side soon.

On a plus note, I played racquetball again last night, and won 1 of the three games. I was shocked!
Old 09-30-2004, 11:50 AM   #15  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Jolly,

Great job on the raquetball! That is a sport I never much got into. I guess I had a huge fear of that dang ball smacking me in the face! Great job for you. I'm very impressed.

I agree with you on the coasting. Sometimes that is what a person needs. I've been coasting the last three weeks and I am getting around to being back OP.

Did my measurements this morning and I am down a total of 43 inches all over to date. That's a lot. Slow but sure!

Making great progress on the treadmill. Warm up for three minutes at 1.5 mph. Do 2 more minutes at 2.0 mph, 1% incline. Then 5 minutes at 3 mph, 1% incline. Bump it up to 3.0 mph at 3% incline for 5 more minutes, then increment it up by 1% incline at a time for five minutes, reaching 8% incline at 3 mph for a minute at peak. Then a nice cooldown and I feel wonderful!

Still not wanting to get out of bed in the morning, but it's getting better.

Hello to everyone else.

Chach