Old 09-23-2004, 05:50 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Chit Chat #79

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group of ladies that share the daily aspects of our lives with each other...not just weight loss. Won't you join us?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:59 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Just a quickie since I really need to get on the road and go to work....

But!!!!!!! Good news!!!!!!!!!!

My sister is having a BOY!!! So exciting! She told me yesterday and I forgot to post it...and I decided I better share the good news now before I forget!

He's due a day after his sisters birthday (January 21) but I think he should arrive on MY birthday (19th)

His name is going to be Lucas Dean, Luke for short (of coarse).

Anyway...I need to head out. Take care! Sorry I won't make it for chat tonight. I'll be at work.

Take Care
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:34 PM   #3  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Im backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!
I will post more....later tonight
big hugs
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:14 PM   #4  

Default Hey Ladies

Sorry I havent posted in a bit, but I've had a busy week this week, so not a lot of time for the computer....I had to take my mom for a colonscopy yesterday, while my car got fixed again....and then today after work I had to rush home to pick up my puppy to take him to the vet for his yearly physical. It feels like its been such a long week, and I've kinda been in a slumpy mood so my exercising has really taken a backseat this week... I did manage to walk at lunch today for the first time this week,, but I think all the school stuff is burning me out, so Im getting tired of keeping up with it all!!!!
I had a few bad nights this week, so I hope my weigh in on Sunday isnt bad!! I ate a lot of salad and fruit this week, so Im hoping that even without the exercise, the good food helps me out!!! Not sure if I'll make it to chat tonight or not, but I'll catch up with you all later

Bye for Now
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:30 PM   #5  

Default question- please help!

I have been on the south beach diet for approx 2 mos. I have noticed in the last week or two that my deodorant is not working as long as it normally does. Has anyone elese had this problem? I am frustrated and almost in tears over this. Can someone please help me?
midwest gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:07 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Default Not sure when I'll make it in tomorrow so....

Happy Birthday, Katiecat!!!!

Marti - YAY for Lucas Dean! And I, too, think he should arrive on your birthday, or wait until Mary's which is 1/22.

Angie - I was just about to send out a search party for you, lol. You've gotta tell us what all has happened in the past week!

Julie - good to see you! Hope your weekend will be less hectic. How'd the puppy's physical go?

Midwest gal - first of all, welcome to the Jaded Ladies, and YAY for sticking to any weight loss program for 2 months! Now, about your dilemma, are you doing more strenuous exercise? Are you menopausal? The reason I asked that is because when I began menopause, I had the same problem, and my sister said she did, too. I switched to Mitchum roll-on, and it is very effective! It is probably the strongest anti-perspirant available without a prescription. Good luck, and please post often!

Hi to the others. Sorry I didn't make chat....

See you tomorrow!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:12 AM   #7  
self portrait

Default howdy

well gals this is it, my last night of employment here and the last bit money I will have. Now the comes the poverty, stress and grumpiness. Lol Hopefully with all that I will forget about eating and lose some much needed weight. I am going to finish up my homework I have before schools starts and do some crafting and cleaning/rearranging this weekend before I have no time for it. Which makes me sad, but hey hard work is not suppose to be fun , right??

Jen: to answer your question, I am going to school to be a Dental Assistant. It is a grueling three term program and if luck will finally be on my side for once I WILL graduate and be able to find employment shortly after. I would hate to go thru all this pain and sacrifice and desperation without getting my reward at the end. Who knows.???

Marti: Yeah for the little boy, I am sure he will be just as cute as her girl. I just love those pictures I got of her sleeping in her high chair after eating while the big wedding party was going on around her. So cute and very loving. sweet how she likes to hug everybody. I bet your sister is happy as is her husband. Let me know when you are available for anything, then we will go from there.

Thank you to everyone that offered me support and wished me luck on my new endeavors that are coming up. I hope I can do it and make it through. Sometimes I just set myself up for failure because I have no faith in myself. I hope to accomplish what i am setting out on. I have to admit I am scared about the schooling and about money. I hope my fears can be eased faster than slower. Anywho, I appreciate everyones good thoughts and vibes.
Well I better get back to the last painful night here and hello to all the wonderful, amazing jaded ladies and have a great friday.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:18 AM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Shanna, you are unemployed as of tonight? So you can finish school,,,??

I feel like Ive been gone so long and I want to know how everyone has been...going to take some time to catch up.
Cristi Thank you so much for the card you are so sweet!

Ive got a cold and Im a bit tired with all my stuff going on. Fiddler started last week, Tanner's football is still going strong. Im working lots and spent time at the court house yesterday swearing on a bible that all that I wrote was true...
I will try to catch up more tomorrow and then do some realy posting...
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:23 AM   #9  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

ok ladies.....I asked my hubby about the candles and dusting question and he remembered what we were told.

Something in burning candles, "eats" at the dust you have, making it so you don't have to dust as often.

nothing new here.....I did my WI, and I have hit another plateau! I am again back to 240lbs! I want to be stuck at 120, not 240!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:58 AM   #10  
self portrait

Angie: I am unemployed because my job refused to let me go to the partime section specifically for students. So I had to quick, because I could not go to school full time ( 20 credits) and work graveyard and full time. So I have been sending out applications and so far no one wants me, so I am now in a complete state of panic money wise. I am starting the program on Monday and will hopefully finish ( if i pass tests and such) when the program completes after spring term. Anywho, I still need a part time job to pay bills, etc. but just not at this bad poopheaded place. Prays will be greatly appreciated.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:41 PM   #11  

Happy Birthday KatieCat!!!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday planned today!!

I will post more later today after I drink my coffee and take a shower. Just had to wish Katie a Happy Birthday!
Old 09-24-2004, 01:44 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Happy Friday Ladies~

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Katie! Hope you have a GREAT day!

Marti~how sweet, a baby boy. Seems Lucas, Luke is a popular name now days but it is a nice one. Maybe he will be born on your birthday. The 21st is my sisters, DD's is the 26 and my dear friends is the 30th, not to mention my brother on the 11th, my other sister the 13th, SIL and their DD on the 5th and so on...January was a busy month in my family!

Mindee~okay, gotcha on the candles and dust. I always burn 2 candles in the LR/DR (area) and one in the bedroom at least 4 times a week but my house is still dusty! Need to burn more! Sorry to hear about the plateau, but at least it is not a gain which is always good.

Angie~so glad to see ya back. You are welcome for the card. Hope you get to feeling better.

Jana~how did everything go yesterday with Macy? I was thinking about you all and hoping things went well. I didn't make it to chat either, of course I haven't in a while. Probably won't for a while either because last night was the season premiere of both CSI and Without a Trace, must see TV! About the testdriving the cars we actually didn't make it the other night, something came up and our plans were scratched so we are going tonight.

Shanna~at what point of your schooling will you actually do on the job training? And won't you get paid for that? How long is this course for, one year or two? I can't remember if you mentioned that or not. And I know you will be fine. When you least expect it the perfect job will pop up.

That's about all I have. Nothing new as usual, same old stuff different day. Going to get some laundry done so I won't have to spend anytime this weekend having to do it. Almost finished another book and I think after this one I will move on to something different. Have been reading the Grafton books and I think I have had enough. While they are good, just can't read the same type of stuff over and over. I need a variety. Anyway, since we didn't make it to test drive any cars (SUVS, I call everything a car and I haven't had an actual car in years!) the other night as planned we are going to do that this evening. I just want to get it over with. I love the idea of having a new car, but the crap you have to go through to get one is horrible. Don't like sitting for hours while all the paperwork and such is being done, not to say we will buy one tonight. Just going to check it out.

Hope everyone has a great day and a better weekend! TTFN

Last edited by FrouFrou; 09-24-2004 at 03:09 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 02:56 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Default I've only got a minute, but wanted to say....

Macy's c-t scan was fine... Gina is at the doctor's office now, and will find out if there is any other news. But at least we know what it's NOT.

Today is Homecoming for the city schools (not Katie's) so Mary and I are taking the kids to the parade later on. I picked up Mackenzie from Kindergarten and we're getting ready to watch the new Disney Princesses Stories.

Gotta run!
Old 09-24-2004, 03:18 PM   #14  

Afternoon ladies--

Well it's Friday!!! I'm happy about that. I worked the evening shift last night 4-12:30.....close to what I will be working and I found that I prefer the atmosphere at night! Much quieter and more relaxed. We don't have the carriers constantly bringing in stuff which makes the work load seem more tolerable...at least for me since I'm a newbie there. I'm constantly asking questions...since this is peoples lives we're dealing with and not some CD or chicken...... And I want to make sure I get it right. Apparently they have had people who just assume......not good.

Anyway.....

Angie--Glad to see you're back! Does this mean you got your computer problems all fixed?? Sick again? Poor girl! I think you're asking your body to do too much, time to slow down a bit and stay healthy! Sorry....had a mother moment there. Just want to keep you feeling good and healthy.

Julie--Good food does help a body out, so don't worry too much about it. We all get caught up with a hectic lifestyle....I hope you get to have a relaxing weekend.

Shanna--We must talk about setting yourself up for failure.....can't do that. You'll stress too much and really wear yourself out girl! When school starts...try the best that you can to concentrate on your school....keep putting in your resumes but kind of put it on the back burner as you do, that way it's not the main thing your concentrating on. And before you know it, you'll have a phone call from someone wanting to interview you. Maybe check out OML's site (not trying to promote the place) but I do know they work around students schedules. My department is HALF students that work part time. Something to think about. What are you doing next Saturday??? Maybe we can work on our project then?

Mindee--Don't worry about reaching a plateau....I am the plateau Queen!! I get to where I'm losing a pound or so and then stop....and stay there for months! But I figure slowly losing and maintaining is so much better than gaining.

Jana--SO glad to hear that Macy's test was good! Must be a huge relief! Homecoming around here is next month I believe...maybe it's this month...can't seem to remember. The last time I went to a parade was when I was in it during highschool!!! (Such a long time) I hope you and the girls have fun.

Cristi--Boy are there a LOT of January babies in your family!! James' grandpa told me the first time I met him that "special people are born in Janaury" I always thought that was sweet for a first time of meeting him. His birthday is the 29th of January. He'll be 100 this year (or in 2005)....but he's in failing health right now and the family isn't sure he'll make it...but I do. That man is very strong and as sharp as a tack!! And Janauary isn't too far from now.

Good Afternoon everyone!!

Well I've got some laundry done, I've had my coffee, and I'm getting ready to sweep and mop my floors. Want the house to be clean before the weekend starts so I can relax on my days off. James is picking up Jhanai after work....she wants to try and stay up until I get home tonight....I told her that if she can....it's ok with me but it's off to bed as soon as I get home. (I'll be home at 1:00) I don't think she'll make it. Not sure what I have planned for the weekend. It's suppose to be beautiful out. Perfect weather for me....sun and cool breezes!! It's officially Autumn now! (it was two days ago right?) So now it's time to shop for some Fall Items!! Some Orange flowers to decorate my home...and the front and back porches. (btw Jana....the flowers you sent me back in May...they're still blooming!! At least the ones in the back)

Ok...I better get to the floors and then hit the showers! You all have a wonderful Friday!
Old 09-24-2004, 07:15 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

Happy Birthday Katie!!!

Just popping in for a second. Nice to have Angie back

ummmmmm.......so tired. Sorry........maybe tonight I can get back on. Super busy week.

Going to take the girls to Sauvies Island tomorrow. Need to make the post office by 5.......yikes,,,,,,,,,,,need to tell my boss I need to leave early.......lol

better get ............
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote