Old 09-24-2004, 08:07 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post SAHM #255 Friday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:14 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies

Michelle,
I am hoping the Boudreaux's will clear his rash up but he will be on it for a month straight grrr.. That is a cool paycheck! Send some my way

Jill,
Congrats on the water! Did you get any sleep with all the potty breaks?

Crystal,
Thanks for starting a new thread! How are you today?

I am gonna run around and get all the rest of the stuff for the boys party... And then I gotta go to Hunter's school today to help his teacher celebrate Johnny Appleseed's bday I will check back in later on today!!!!

HOPE YOU ALLLLLLL HAVE A GREAT DAY! HUGS!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:15 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

BTW, Spryng Where the heck are ya?

See I told you once dh came home you would abandon your second children.....LOL

Hope you are having a great time I am keeping my fingers crossed for dh!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:19 AM   #4  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning

Sorry I didn't get back around last night. We had some friends drop by and ate some dinner and then played some cards. My kids LOVE playing with their son. I think I really needed that, it was fun and refreshing.

Hope everyone had a good night. Andrew woke up 4 times again. Drives me crazy, I tell ya. Not alot of you around last night. I guess you had shows to watch. I caught the very end of the Apprentice.

Geri, are we happy for you to work more? I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not. If so, I'm happy.

Penny, I was trying to seach ebay yesterday when our friends dropped by. Maybe I'll have more time today. My sister called and has some clothes for my girls. But our sons are wearing the same size now so she doesn't have any of those.

Jill, totally, totally, totally normal for Bayley. As grandma's our parents get to spoil our kids even if they don't give them whatever they want, it's different and even better to be with grandma so don't you dare worry about that. Last week with my mil took my kids for a while for pizza and they park and such, Andrew threw a big fit to go with her, first time ever. Because obviously he had alot of fun with her and wanted to stay with her. Take it from me, enjoy it. Alisa is almost 6 and doesn't want to leave my side. Of course, she's staying with my mom tonight. When it comes to her nanny and meme she'll stay anytime. Be glad that she has fun and loves your mom. Hope that makes you feel better.

Mel, where ya at girl?

Spryng, you must have been watching some tv shows last night. Anyone heard yet when Alias comes back? I'm dying to see it and haven't heard a word, surely they wouldn't cancel it, it was a big hit.

Michelle, hope you got some rest after work.

Hi Amy, Chris, Deana, Ricci, and everyone else out there.

I'm not cleaning my mom's until much later today, after school and nap, so I'll be around for a while. Dh is suppose to be job hunting today, we'll see.
TTYL
Old 09-24-2004, 08:26 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Crystal,
Hope you find some clothes for Andrew! Good luck to dh on the job hunting!
Old 09-24-2004, 09:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

So sorry I left you all hanging yesterday. I tried to post at nap time and somehow or other the page refreshed itself and I lost my post! I was sooo mad! LOL. And I was extrememly tired then yesterday so I just laid down for a nap, then when we got up (which was late because Tanner took at 3 hr nap instead of 2) I had to rush around to go get dh... so we went up there to pick him up, ate some dinner, and back home late and then dh wanted some "alone" time, lol.
Oh before I forget, Leigh emailed me and her computer is still having problems so she said to let you all know about it and she will post as soon as she can!

Ok, my WI--- down 2#!!!!! I'm at 122 now!! So thrilled about that! Only 2 more lbs to go to hit goal!!!! Yipee!!! I feel like I am almost there finally.

Ok, dh thinks I am sleeping in right now, lol... so let me get personal real quick before he finds me on the computer, lol.

Crystal, hope you had a nice time with your friends last night! Dh and I played Scene It last night and games can be so much fun, and relaxing. And no, I didn't get to watch any of my shows last night, But I taped survivor and CSI and will watch them today!

Penny, I'm going to try really hard to be on here more often while dh is home. The thing is, we are usually not even home much when he's around, but expect a post from me at least every evening ok? and if I don't get one in harass me on yahoo messenger, lol.

Ok, I've got to pee so I guess dh will find out I'm awake, lol. I thought about lying in bed for awhile longer to just enjoy the quiet, lol. Is that bad?? TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

OMG!!! I just realized when I updated my siggy that I hit my 50 lbs mark!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!! 50 lbs gone forever!!!!!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 10:11 AM   #8  
I'm a homeschool mama

Spryng, 50 #'s Gone Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipee!!! You Did It And Are An Inspiration To Us All!!!
Way To Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 10:13 AM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Old 09-24-2004, 10:20 AM   #10  
2BoysMom

Good morning,

CONGRATS SPRYNG!!

Amy...did you say your birthday is today???

Guess what???? So is mine! But I'm not 26 I'm 41 . I can pretend to be 26 though!

Just popped down to check our bank balance. I'll be back later!

Hi everyone.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 10:41 AM   #11  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Girlfriends!!!

Michelle: I checked out the website. It looks GREAT and the girls are soooooooo cute in all the pics you have on there. Can't wait to see the renovations. Nice check, what are you buying me for my birthday... ? When are you drawing names for the Friendship Swap? LMK.

Crystal: Are there any thrift shops around you? They are great bargains for clothes and as fast as kids outgrow them it's a good way to go. I don't understand how some people (my sil for example) go out and spend mucho bucks on name brands clothes just so the kids can wear them a couple times while they still fit. When they get older I can understand a little better because the don't grow as fast and get more use out of them. My sil went out and bought her oldest son $125 tennis shoes last year because he came home and said he didn't fit in at school because he wasn't wearing what was in style.....UGHHHH!!!! We have a thrift shop here that is run by the church women from several area churches. They sell everything really cheap, like shoes are 50 cents a pair, shirts for a quarter, and lots of times they are trying to clear things out and have anything you can stuff in a paper grocery bag for a dollar. I don't buy much there because my kids get so many hand-me-downs, I end up donating alot to them after the kids outgrow it. You might check around or ask at your church. Good luck. What size is he in now?

Penny: Glad Hunter had a great birthday. I'm with Michelle on the women's yeast infection ointment for the rash. I had to use that with one of mine too, just can't remember which one now. I didn't even remember it until I read Michelle's post from last night. With him on the antibiotic for a month you may have to use a little at each diaper change. Hope you get it cleared up okay.

Spryng: Glad dh got home safe. Hope you enjoy his vacation as much as he will. We may be in Olathe this weekend. They were showing on the news this morning about the Mcafee Stagecoach Stop and dh might be interested in going. Depends on what we're going to do about the leaking faucet in the tub. We need to rip out the entire wall over the pipes and replace all the plumbing. Not sure if I'm up for all that this weekend. I'll let you know if we're coming that way. Maybe we can meet up.

Ok I have 2 dilemnas this weekend. I need some input on what to do. #1: My sil in throwing a 6th birthday party for her dd tomorrow at 2. She has spent around $150 on this party and invited her entire Kindergarten class, yet didn't have any rsvp's as of yesterday afternoon. I don't want to go for several reasons. But can't come out and tell her that I don't want to. She is kinda shallow and it will cause big rifts in the family. One reason I don't want to go is that it is 45 miles from me. Another is that I don't want to be around her kids plus no telling how many others. Her kids get on my nerves, partly because they are soooooo spoiled and her middle son (9) and dd are hard to understand when they talk and my kids even have to run to me and ask me what they said. I don't want to sound like I don't like kids, it's just hers. I think alot of it stems from keeping them for a month the year before last, a week at a time, weekends off, cuz they didn't have a sitter. They were so destructive at my house and she acted like it was no big deal. Her ds even killed some baby birds on purpose. Dh won't go to their house, so that would leave me taking mine by myself. And I feel she spends so much to try to show me up because I can't afford to throw expensive parties for my kids. I invite family for cake and ice cream and I make the cake and punch myself. Not to mention she over does it. She bought a pinata and filled it with 15 pounds of candy bars and candy. She doesn't even know how many are showing up. Last count was about 6 kids plus her 3. I haven't told mine about it so they can't throw a fit about not going. And I haven't told her yes or no because I didn't know about dh maybe working OT this weekend.

Dilemna #2: I found last night that a friend, term used loosely, is coming to town tonight until Wednesday. I have tried to distance myself from this one because she is one of the worst about asking for advice and not taking it. Her ex boyfriend, also my bil, treated her like crap and even though he is my bil, I told her to leave it alone. Well she keeps going back to it and getting dogged on and treated bad. He is a 16 sober recovering alcoholic and she still is an alcoholic. It's just not a good realationship and she has even moved across state with another man whom she claims is just a friend. I have also caught her in lies or changing what she tells me about things and even though I haven't confronted her about it, I can't forget it. She wants to hang out with me some this weekend but I just don't feel comfortable around her most of the time. And if we get in deep conversation about her life, I can't not offer advice, she expects it, yet NEVER listens. She lost her license to a DUI, just got it back, told me she was working yet the guy she is living with told me she isn't. I don't know what to believe from her anymore. She just can't seem to stop drinking and get her life in order and I don't really want to be a part of it. Too much drama for this country girl.

Any advice will be considered completely. I don't want to hang out with her but I don't want to hurt her feelings either. That's just not my style.

Thank you all for being here. I don't usually ask things like this but I am so up in the air over both things.

Hope everyone has a great day. Mine will get better. WATER CHALLENGE!!!!!
TTYL

Last edited by Deana1113; 09-24-2004 at 10:58 AM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 10:50 AM   #12  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

WTG !!!!!! Spryng. I can't wait to join you at that point!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY.....you young chick you!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GERI.......ahhh the old one......LOL.

Love ya both......HAVE A GREAT DAY.....you deserve it. Today is YOUR day.

QOTD: Have you ever worked? And if you did, what kind of work did you do in the past....or now?

Answer: I have done alot of different things as far as work. My first job was at Sonic Drive-In. I have worked as a clerical temp, secretary, broker's assistant, waitress, grill cook, owned a bar and grill and even worked on a hog farm for a few months. There are probably other things I have done too just can't think of them all right now.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 10:54 AM   #13  

Spryng - Way to go! It gives me new inspiration.

Happy Birthday, Geri and Amy!

Crystal - Good to put a picture with a face! I always pictured you with blonde hair. How is the pregnancy?

I have been out of the loop. I do not know where the time goes.

Well, I joined WW on Tues. They have a mommy and me class, so I can bring JW. I am going to try to Core plan for the first three weeks and see how it goes. My official weigh in will be on Tuesday, so I will post then.

We have agreed to hold off on the 2nd one until I lose some more of this weight. Dh cousin is getting married in June, so we want to be at the wedding. I so want to be pregnant again, but we are in agreement that it will be better for my health to lose the weight.

I am excited about the core plan. Spryng, you posted some really good recipes.

Melinda
meltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 11:03 AM   #14  
I'm a homeschool mama

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GERI AND AMY!!!

Deana, you know a thrift shop just opened a couple of weeks ago and I've never been. I will definitely give them a try. Andrew will be in 2T, Ally is in 2T and Alisa is in 7/8. My sister has 5 girls so I get lots of hand me downs from her, but her son and mine are in the same size so we can't really help each other out. I can't understand the people that spend lots of $ on kids clothes either. Andrew's new shoes I just got him at Payless were $15 bucks and I didn't even want to spend that. But that's all they had, I like the $7.99 and such, but oh well.

Melinda, how are you? Good to hear from you. Everyone pictured me as a blonde. How funny. The pregnancy is okay. Physically I'm feeling fine, emotionally has been another story. Dh is losing his job, our medical insurance, his work truck we're still stuck in a 2 bedroom house with all three kids in one room sooooooooooooooooo, as you can see, I've been stressed lately.

QOTD: yes, I worked since I was 16 years old and always in an office environment. As a junior in hs, I worked at the bank, my senior year I worked in the municipal court for the City, then went to nail school and only did that briefly then had misc. office jobs until I had Alisa and worked in the office for my dh's grandparents family and took the kids with me until I was half way through my pregnancy with Andrew, then started staying home full time.

I'm getting school prepared then gonna work on laundry until lunch. AFter lunch, Andrew will nap and I'll school. Alisa is staying the night with my mom and dh is going out camping with some buddies, so me and Ally and Andrew will rent some movies and eat some popcorn. Gotta go. Hope all is well for everyone.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:24 AM   #15  

Hello ladies! I am so excited about today. I am going to go and try to find me an outfit at the mall and dh is taking me out for dinner tonight! I woke up this morning feeling much better than yesterday even though I am in a little pain. Oh well. I'm not even letting that .5 # gain get me down b/c I expected it and there's nothing I can do about it except try harder next week! I went to dottisweightlosszone and looked at the menu for Applebees so I will know ahead of time what to order.

Geri: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!! ( i was singing it )

Deana: Those are some pretty tough calls, but I would say to heck with causing a rift, If you don't want to go to that party don't go! I always feel obligated to go to friends/families b-day parties if I invite them to my sons, but I just tell them that something came up at the last minute and send a card. It sounds mean, but it works! As far as the friend, I don't really know what to tell you except to go with your gut. I would just be honest and tell her how your feeling. She may get upset but atleast you won't have to pretend that everything is fine and dandy and it may give her a wake-up call. Alcoholics can be so difficult to talk with, my grandma has been one all her life and she still refuses to accept reality.

Penny: I hope you have fun today with the whole Johnny Appleseed B-day celebration at Hunter's school. I remember doing that when I was younger and we had a blast! I can't wait until next year when I can do fun things like that at little Chad's school.

Sprng: I'm glad you and dh are getting to spend some quality time together. My hubby was out of work for three months and as much as I love him, I was glad when he went back. i guess we had too much alone time... LOL! WTG on the weight loss you skinny thing you.

Crystal: Sorry Andrew woke up so many times last night. Hopefully he will sleep better tonight. I agree with you about the kids wanting to spend time with their grandparents. Mine rarely sleeps at home anymore b/c we live right next door to my in-laws. I love them dearly, but sometimes I do wish he'd stay home once in a while.

Melinda: Hello my fellow Carolinian! WTG on joining WW!! I swear if this TOPS thing doesn't work out I'm going to give WW one last chance. I should say, I'll let WW give me one more chance since it wasn't really the program that didn't work in the past but my refusal to stick to the plan. So many people have been successful at it, look at Sprng!!!!

QOTD: I have worked many jobs before. I use to work at a place called Party City (first job) with my best friend. We were only 16 and didn't really take it seriously, so we were fired. Then I worked as a cashier at K-Mart, but again hated it and was fired for not showing up. I've worked in music stores, waitressed, baby sit kids, worked in a day care, but my true calling is nursing. I started out as a CNA 7 years ago and have loved it ever since. Now that I am elgible to get my license I can really do more bedside care and also make great money! I will never, ever, ever, devalue the role of a CNA as an RN b/c I realize their importance even if they don't get the appreciation they deserve.

Amy
180/174/140
STG: 169 by Sept. 30th!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote