Old 09-23-2004, 04:41 PM   #1  

Default Another New Loser Here!

I've already posted on another thread so I thought I should go ahead and introduce myself. I'm 29, female and I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. I was chubby as a kid and teen. In jr. high and high school I thought I was the biggest person on the planet (it didn't help that I was six feet tall by fourteen) but looking back at pictures now I see a beautiful girl who had maybe 15-20 pounds to lose. If only I knew than what I know now...lol.
eel a lot better physically and emotionally although I still have bad days.

I've been lurking here for a bit and think you all seem like a great bunch! I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all better!

Last edited by PlushLife; 07-19-2005 at 07:44 AM.
PlushLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218.8/198/135

Height: 5'4

Default Congrats Loser

Plushlife,

That is so great that you have lost almost fifty pounds. I am 210 pounds and can't lose. That is wonderful. My best friend and I are trying to lose weight together (for the hundreth time) and sometimes we get discouraged. My friend is around your size i think. But she could use some encouragement. I will send you a PM. Well anyway are you going to tell us what you did, what worked for you.
e.mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Congratulations on your weight loss and new lifestyle, Plush. And welcome! can't wait to get to know you.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey there! Welcome to you! This is a great place to check in for motivation, encouragement and a butt kickin if needed! lol

Welcome and congratulations on getting started! We're here for you
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi There:

I am also new and looks like we are the same age. I ahve been overweight my entire life. I kind of got a little upset with myself when I realized that not only will I be 30 next year but that I was going to be fat and 30. I started this weekend on a mission to change that. About 2 years ago I did the low carb thing and lost 5lbs in 2 months. Let just say that was the end of my low carb days. I know from past experience that Id o best on a low cal. diet.

I am pretty active through that week and weekends, I know I need to make some diet changes. I spend most of my weekends travling with my dogs. I show Pugs. I have 3 Pugs and 2 Boston Terriers. 2 of the pugs I am currently in the ring with and spend 3 nights a week in training classes. I love every minute of it. I try to get an additonal walk 1-2 times a week, sometimes that is just impossible! It is hared when we travel as that requires ALOT of eating out! I know that when I eat out that there are healthier options, but yummm that fried chicken sandwich and fries always looks better. Not know I must say no!

I am getting married Nov. 30th, we are doing the Las Vegas thing and I am excited about it. I have a dress and of course I need to lose some weight to get into it, story of my life. Thank goodness that 15lbs is about all I need to lose and I think that at my weight that is doable!

I am looking forward to meeting you all and becoming support for anyone who needs it! Plush if you need a buddy let me know I think that we have alot in common!

Looking forward to talking to you all...

SW/CW/1st Goal/End Goal
305/280/265/175
Luvbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:05 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvbean
I know that when I eat out that there are healthier options, but yummm that fried chicken sandwich and fries always looks better. Not know I must say no!
I had to give up fast food altogether in the beginning because I knew I couldn't resist my faves. I don't travel a lot though so it's easy for me to avoid. I do go out to eat occasionally and have finally learned to order and eat sensibly while I'm there but I haven't had fast food in months.

Quote:
I am getting married Nov. 30th, we are doing the Las Vegas thing and I am excited about it. I have a dress and of course I need to lose some weight to get into it, story of my life. Thank goodness that 15lbs is about all I need to lose and I think that at my weight that is doable!
Congratulations! I love the idea of a Vegas wedding!

Quote:
I am looking forward to meeting you all and becoming support for anyone who needs it! Plush if you need a buddy let me know I think that we have alot in common!
Sure! I can use all the buddies I can get.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Welcome PlushLife it's really great you've lost 50 lbs with your weight loss plan. Your losing in a very healthy way. Your doing great and you have such a wonderful outlook. I look forward to reading more post.
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 06:29 PM   #8  
Getting back on track!

Hi PlushLife welcome!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Luvbean and welcome to you too!!!!!!!!!!

PlushLife I love your avatar what is it? Is it a mole?
Looking forward to getting to know you both.
Love Annie
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:26 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Rose
PlushLife I love your avatar what is it? Is it a mole?
It's a baby wombat.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:54 PM   #10  

Welcome from another newbie! Congrats on your loss so far!
Mommyofone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 08:31 AM   #11  
2006 - Panda Remix

Oh my, so many newbies!

Welcome Plushlife, Luvbean and Mommyofone!

Thanks for sharing your success with us Plush - we to hear about how people have succeeded!

I am 31 and can well relate to not wanting to be fat in your thirties - I spent my 20's fat and depressed, and i want my 30's to be the best years of my life! I haven't succeeded yet, but there's still time (there is ALWAYS time! )

Good luck to you all - stick around and i hope to get to know you better.

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 05:23 PM   #12  
Getting back on track!

I love your Anais Nin quote Amanda. I've got it on my pin board now. Is it from a book?
Love Annie
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 04:40 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Welcome Plushlife!!! And congrats on the loss so far. Your plan sounds very sensible!! keep up the good work.

Welcome to Luvbean and Mommyofone too!!!!

I love seeing all the newbies here!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote