Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 11:51 AM   #1  
Nathalie

S/C/G: 200/197/170

Question Splenda Recipes

I have recently started using splenda and I really like it but my problem is this. I am looking for recipes using it and I need the nutritional information for them. I record all of the fat and calories that I eat each day to make sure I do not eat to much. Specifically I am looking for Banana Bread but any other recipes I could get would be great
Old 09-23-2004, 09:56 PM   #2  
Nathalie

S/C/G: 200/197/170

Thank-you for that tobaccygirl but I have already been there. I am just looking for any other recipes!
Old 09-25-2004, 08:24 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Check out the low carb / atkins boards, they have tons of recipes there, some I'm sure would have splenda.

My cheese cake recipe is there
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36535
Old 09-26-2004, 02:56 PM   #4  

If you read the info on the Splenda website (besides the recipes), they describe how to convert any "regular" recipe to use Splenda instead. There are some tricks you need to know to make it come out right, especially with baked goods.

As a side note, you might want to look into buying the MasterCook software -- you can type in or import any recipe, and it does a nutritional analysis for you. You can also do sort of the same thing on the fitday.com website -- just enter the ingredients as your "menu" and you'll get the totals.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:38 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobaccygirl
Thank you, Leenie! That's a good suggestion. I presume that is small packets of powdered Splenda, not the granular type in your cheesecake? It's very similar to my "regular" cheesecake, which has 1 - 1/2 cups of sour cream, several tablespoons of melted butter, and a cinnamon-graham cracker crust. I've been thinking of "slenderizing" it by using granular Splenda, etc. Your's sounds good!
Yes its packets
Old 09-30-2004, 01:03 PM   #6  

HI, My friends just take there regular receipes and had same amt of splenda as the sugar it says. they fix anything they normal have. works for them.. i am going to start doing it for the holidays... good luck. LaDean
Old 09-30-2004, 08:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

be sure to post some of those recipes!!!!! I , for one, am looking for healthier versions of holiday foods. I am going to have a hard time with all the yummy goodies, im afraid,..mmmmm i wish i had some pumpkin pie right now,..LOL
Old 09-30-2004, 08:41 PM   #8  

I found some recipes, I'll post a few here:-)

Splenda Pumpkin Cheesecake
Crust:
1-cup ginger or graham cookie crumbs
2 tablespoons light margarine, melted

Combine crumbs and melted margarine. Press into bottom of 9 inch springform pan. Place in freezer while preparing filling.

Filling:
2 pkgs. (8 oz each) light cream cheese
1-can (14 oz) pumpkin
4 eggs
1 can evaporated partly skimmed milk
3/4 cup Splenda granular sweetener
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cloves

For filling: In large mixing bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese until soft and creamy. Add remaining ingredients; beat at low speed until blended and smooth, about 1 minute. Pour filling into chilled crust. Bake at 350F for 55 minute or until sides begin to pull away from pan and filling is set. Cool 15 minutes, then run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cool on rack to room temperature. Cover; refrigerate for 2 hours or until serving time. Per Serving: 217 calories and 13.6g fat
Old 09-30-2004, 08:47 PM   #9  

Recipe Splenda #3: Tropical Fruit in Chocolate Cups

1 tbsp unsweetened orange juice
1 tbsp honey
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 ¼ cups sliced strawberries
1 kiwi, peeled and thinly sliced
1 banana, thinly sliced Chocolate Crepe Cups (recipe follows)
2 tbsp flaked, toasted coconut for garnish

Combine orange juice, honey, and ginger. In separate bowl, combine fruits and toss. Pour honey mixture over fruit and toss again.

Chocolate Crepe Cups
1 egg white
¼ cup flour
¼ cup plus 1 tbsp skim millk
¼ cup Splenda
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp flaked coconut
1 tbsp plus 1 ½ tsp unsweetened cocoa
1 tbsp dark rum
dash of salt

Combine all ingredients in food processor. (The Cooking.com:: Cuisinart 14-c. Power Prep Plus Food Processor, White (Food Processors) is the one that serious cooks call their "dream machine." ) Process for 30 secs, then scrape sides. Process for 30 secs again. Refrigerate for 2 hours to allow flour particles to swell and soften.

Place a 6 inch non-stick skillet over medium heat, or better yet, use a Tabletools.com:: Villaware Crepe Maker (Electric Skillets) . Heat until hot but not smoking. Pour 2 tbsp batter onto pan. Tilt pan in all directions so batter covers bottom. Cook until lightly browned. Lift edge of crepe to test for doneness. Crepe is ready to turn when it can be shaken loose from pan. Flip and cook for 30 secs. Do not over brown. Repeat until all recipe Splenda batter is used. Place crepes in six 6-ounce custard cups. Place a large ball of aluminum foil in center of each cup, shaping crepe into cups. Bake at 400 F for 2 minutes. Remove from oven. Remove foil. Bake ups an additional 2 minutes or until crisp. Cool.

Assembly
Spon 1/3 cup fruit mixture into each crepe cup. Top each recipe Splenda chocolae crepe with 1 tsp coconut. Serve promptly and enjoy this nutrtious and delicious recipe Splenda!
Closed Thread