Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-22-2004, 05:40 PM   #1  
Back fat Be Gone!

Default South Beach Day 1 is almost over HELP

Today I started the South Beach diet. Boy you don't realize how many carbs you eat a day until you cut them out. I'm really against the whole eliminating carbs thing since they are brain food, however I know that this is just a detoxing phase for the first two weeks, which I've come to realize that I need really bad. I was told that I have multiple ulcers and had to change my diet, which turned into loading up on carbs, since then I look like crap and I CONSTANTLY crave sugar. I've never appreciated a diet pop as much as I have today, as a matter of a fact I've never liked a diet pop until today. I don't want to quit, but could use a few Phase 1 snack ideas to get me through the day.

SW 143.5
CW 143.5
GW 120
sugarholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:19 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You should try posting in the SBD forum as well as looking at the recipes there. There are a lot of things that you can snack on, mostly veggies of course which are filling and nutritious. You could also try some ricotta cheese or string cheese.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:55 AM   #3  
Back fat Be Gone!

Default So much cooking

Thanks for your reply, I like this diet more today since I dropped 2 lbs today, however I did look in the SB forum and it there is pretty much NOTHING that I like recipe wise. I hate onions, I hate tomatoes, I hate eggs...............I like carrots but can't have them, I like corn but can't have it. And it seems like in the snack section you have to cook everything. I guess I just need to suck it up and stop whining, it is a diet, nobody said that they were fun.

SW 144
CW 142
GW 120
sugarholic is offline   Reply With Quote