Old 09-22-2004, 11:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Default I'm scare please help me!!!

I've decided not to weight myself this week. My main reason is I'm so scared I've gained. I did weight myself lastweek and had maintained. But I'm really scared I gained this week. (with everything that went on) I tried to watch my points. I'm very weak right now and I hate it cos I was going so strong! I was so motivated now I just have the blues... I want to shake them.... I feel if I weight myself if I gain even an ounce it will make me sad. I don't think I will go off my plan I just can't face it if I do. Can someone please help me by working out with me. You know the kind where you tell what your did that day. I really need to get my mind set. I know if I know someone else is working their bottom off then I will get off mine and do it. I'm sitting around thinking to much... I need something to snap me out of it. Thanks for taking time out to read this.
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 11:25 PM   #2  

hi there,

you know what? you don't have to weigh yourself this week! really, it's ok. everyone gets down sometimes especially if other stuff is going on. you're going to stay on plan,that's great. can you get out and go for a walk? being outside and moving makes people feel better. is there an activity, even if it's not exercise, that enjoy, makes you happy. maybe rent a favorite funny movie.
tomorrow i'll be sweating it out at the gym, lifting weights, 30 minutes of cardio. if you go (or do whatever your usual workout is) we can compare notes tomorrow.
sometimes it takes a little effort to get back into the routine, and pouf it's like you never left off. a little extra force to break through the enertia.

so i'll see you here tomorrow ok? chin up and stay away from that scale!

gen
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 01:34 AM   #3  

THANK YOU !!THANK YOU !! Gen!! I just finished watching a movie. Urban Cowboy I haven't watched that in a long long time. It's on VHS and very well worn. (I think I'll look into a DVD version) Between that and your offer I feel so much better! I'm going to do my walk away the pounds in the morning and abs and arms of steel in the evening. I'm writing them down so I don't just do one and not the other. My husband hurt his leg at work yesterday and has to stay off it and is on some powerful meds. I don't want to leave him alone. I'm going to borrow my sisters baby monitor so I can at least go outside and read.

Sounds like you have a great workout planned. I'm looking into the whole lifting thing. Sarah talks about it all the time. She is doing great on her plan. I don't belong to a gym but I'm hoping that will be my xmas present. We'll see how soon my husband can get back to work. Til then I can try my son's free weights but don't I need a spotter? I want to do my own thing. You know and not rely on others to be there for my workout.
Well I'm very excited about working out and getting back in the "game'. Thanks once again.
Mez
Old 09-23-2004, 01:54 AM   #4  
beautiful

i'll help as much as i can but i have found that if i go without weighing myself it just makes me slack more. if i see that i have gained its more incentive to get my butt back on track for the next weigh in.
i only did 5 miles today.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:21 AM   #5  
Abby's Mommy

Mez...Hi hon! You don't have to feel so down on yourself for gaining a few ounces. It happens. It's life. We go up and down. Our bodies fluctuate DAILY! So, don't weigh this week if you don't feel up to it! Just try to keep up the great work you've been doing, and weigh next week, on your regular day.
--BTW...Yesterday, I did 35 mins HIIT on the elliptical, and a circut of the weight machines. Came home to do ab work. Today, I'll be walking with dd in stroller, for approx 3 miles, and abs when we ge home.

Good Luck sweety!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I've gone many times without weigh-in. You'll be ok. Work extra hard this week and you'll see the scale move! Keep going.. don't let something like this get you down. Things happen. You've got to pick yourself up an go now!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:12 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone for your advice and support. I did the 3 mile walk away the pounds followed by 15 mins. of stretching. I hear that is suppose to help with weight loss and muscels flexing. Not sure but giving it a try. I'm going to do the abs workout tonight.

jkfla - I understand what your saying and under normal conditions I'd agree. I just feel that with everything that has happen it would make me feel that what's the use. I'm at a make or break point in this. (you know what I mean) I don't want to quit and but I don't know if I see a setback if it would throw me over. I'm not really sure how to explain myself. It's like I'm on a very thin tight rope right now. I'm so unsure of myself. Thanks for writing your view turns lemons to lemonade!! I have to get my mind set that way! Your 5 miles has given me something to shoot for. Do you power walk or is it a tape? I'm at 3 right now.

Ivanna - Sounds like you had a great workout. Wore me out just reading everything you did!!! How AWESOME!!! Thanks You made me smile.

Gretchen - Thanks so much for the encouraging words. I really have alot of respect you. I've seen you write of your stuggles. They have given me strength many times. Now is another one. It means alot that you took time to write. Thank you.

I honestly don't think I would be able to go on with out you guys. Thanks for the shoulders... HUGZ
Mez
Old 09-23-2004, 09:04 PM   #8  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Mez -- Mezster -- what the heck are you talking about, quit??? You want this so badly, and you deserve to succeed, so why would you give up????? I KNOW you can do this. What obstacles stand in your way? Name them here, and we'll help you figure out how to knock them all down. There's absolutely no reason why you can't make progress right away. No, you're not going to all of a sudden drop 50 pounds overnight and wake up tomorrow morning hating chocolate and craving soybeans and tofu....but progress? As in, lose a couple of pounds and be able to say, "Last week I walked 15 miles and drank 5 gallons of water and ate healthy foods almost all week.......and thath's how I lost the weight. And I'm proud of myself because I earned it." now, THAT is completely achievable.

I can't think of any reason why you can't succeed in taking the first steps to being fully, 110% back on plan. Why don't you start with 2 goals? You pick. We'll help. I'm here for you Mezsterlicious -- and yes, I said "licious," as in BOOTYlicious, which is what you're going to be just as soon as you recognize that you are completely and utterly capable of succeeding. One day at a time, one minute at a time, girlfriend.

Now let's start with those obstacles.........
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:36 PM   #9  

i think you're doing great mez. you exercised today right? so you just have to do it once again. one foot in front of the other. if the wight loss aspect id freaking you out than maybe you should for get about it for a while (i know that is so hard) and just focus on other goals. like that was great idea to have a goal to walk 5 miles. if you make that your focus then the weight will come off as by-product.
once you get back into the routine of exercising and have that goal in your mind you set up another goal, maybe around your diet, like "i will not drink any soft drinks today" (just an example, i don't know if your drink soft drinks).

so i kept up my end of the bargain and worked my legs with the weights today and then did 30 minutes on the exercise bike. i'm glad you did the walking and i don't know how much stretching helps with weight loss but it's good for you and feels great, so don't stop that!

move your body, eat healthily and stay away from that scale!

gen
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 09:38 PM   #10  

Sarah you are so funny!!! Mezerlicious!!! My side my side... hehe My obstacle was my mind set. I almost lost the I can do it feeling there was only a small sliver ... but you guys have helpped it to come back!! Which is scary for me to write because I'm afraid it will go away again. Right now it's here and I'm holding tight. Sarah your another person I look up to. You have worked very hard you have such great sucess. I'm so proud of you! Your sucess like others have given me strength. 15 miles and 5 gal of water!! Your very wise and have such a wonderful outlook. (when I growup I want to be like you!!) O.k I'll stop trying to be funny...some of us have it some don't.
Here's my goals.
1. My mind set I think I need to give my self a pep talk. On things like yes you need to get your bum up and do your workout. So you can be Mezsterlicious! hehe

2. Work out- That goes with my mind set.

LMAO Sarah you have no ideal how great I feel right now! Thanks..
Mez