Old 09-22-2004, 07:30 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #254 Wednesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:39 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Happy Wednesday

Morning ladies. Sorry I didn't get back around last night, watched some tv and had to deal with the kids in bed. I'm sick and tired of them all being in one room. I don't mind the girls sharing and I don't mind them getting chatty at night if it wer only them in there but it bothers Andrew and he won't go to sleep until they are. Otherwise, he slept okay only woke up about 3 times or so.
I read through all the posts from the other thread, but can't remember much for the life of me. I'll start a new today. I'm staying home and getting some things done. My BIG CHALLENGE for today is cleaning and organizing my desk area. I've got personal finances, business info, watkins and avon stuff, cooking stuff which includes books and printed off recipes, school stuff, bible stuff, you name it, it's a mess. On top of my other duties that's the big one.
So I'm gonna get off for a bit and enjoy my coffee before preparing school.
TTYL
Old 09-22-2004, 08:05 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies...

Fixing to do the Firm Video.... Wish me luck.....lol

Michelle,
I have looked at your wedding pic in the hen's roost. It is sooooo beautiful! I absoutely love it!!!!!!

We don't have any real photos from our wedding..... but I will see what I have.

Jill,
I just loveeeeeee Bayley's pics....lol HEHE You did a great job on her little bangs.. She is tooo cute

Michelle, I know I am addressing you again..lol I am so glad Taylor liked her bag...... I have gotten obessed with them! I made Mel's kids each one as a Thank You gift for sending me a whole bunch of clothes and shoes for Andrew... But I love doing them..

I have made all kinds of different designs for each child's personality... Ps.... Teagan's is already done.... You are gonnna LOVEEEEEE it! HEHE

Crystal,
Have fun cleaning today Was dh disappointed you didn't find out the sex?

OH My QOTD:

What type of food is in your house? Ex..

Lowfat/ff
Low Carb
Low sugar... etc..
Healthy fruits and veggies.....

Just curious

We have almost everything from mayo, cheese, milk, crackers... all that stuff Lowfat/FF
Like my jelly and condiments are all sugar free
Breads and pasta's are brown or wheat
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:08 AM   #4  
SAHM of 3

QOTD: regular foods in my house, possibly low fat but that's it. Sorry to disappoint.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:26 AM   #5  
SAHM of 3

Smile My first photo to you

Okay, you all are getting me addicted to this photobucket thing. I have never shared a picture of myself simply because I hate my picture to be taken and I honestly don't have many of myself. One is our most recent family photo which was last Christmas, but I think I still look the same mostly and the other is when I was in High School so you all know I was thin once upon a time.

Okay there you have it.

I have GOT to figure out why they are so big. Any ideas?
Old 09-22-2004, 08:43 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Smile A few more

see I told you I was addicted. But please tell me how to make them smaller. Anyways, I lied, I forgot I never put on pictures from our trip to Arkansas this past summer.

I think this is Ally and Andrew sitting in the suitcase as I was trying to pack it.

This is a close up of me.

This is me and dh. I don't like this one, because you can see how fat I am and short, I hate that. But hay, only a little while longer, huh?

STILL TOO BIG, HOW DO I FIX THAT?
Old 09-22-2004, 08:56 AM   #7  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies.

Crystal: Those are nice pics. How tall is your dh? Mine is 6'2", I'm 5'5". Being short sux sometimes. My kids like to climb in suitcases too....must be a kid thing....lol.

Penny: Hope you're having a good morning.

To everyone else: HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Not alot planned here except for cleaning and dd has preschool this afternoon. Then dh has to go to work tonight.

WATER CHALLENGE DAY!!!!! 100 OZ.

Who's in?

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:03 AM   #8  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Oooops almost forgot.....

QOTD: Well since I'm such a demanding, selfish person....LOL...There is my food and their food. There are certain things I buy that I can have that they are told to stay out of. I almost went ballistic yesterday when I caught one of the boys sneaking some of my purified water from the fridge. They are learning how serious I am about losing all this fat.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:08 AM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Deana, I'm 5'3 1/2" and dh is 6'1". I hate hate hate being short. My kids are always saying they want to be as tall as me and I tell them NO YOU DON'T. Luckily, Alisa is already tall so she'll be taller than me which is good because she's built just like me and I know will have to watch her weight, but at least she'll have height. Ally is going to be thin and petite just like dh and his family. My son is going to be one stocky boy.

Alisa's birthday is in a few weeks and I'll get some updated pictures of all the kids and maybe me.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:49 AM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Crystal,
I am sooooo excited to see pics of YOU!!!!!! I have always wondered what you look like! You are sooo beautiful and your dh is nice looking also... He is thin

As far as the pics.. When you save them... there should be a place to do size where you can do a different percentage..... but this is a question for Michelle...

She is our computer mom

Deana,
Hope you are having a great day!! I used to separate our foods but I started sneaking in more and more of the healthy foods and less of theirs and now we all eat the same

Ok I got to drive to the capitol today.. about an hour away... I am buying the boys their lifetime hunting and fishing licenses and I have to get Hunters before tomorrow (his bday) or the price goes up much more....

Then Andrew has a dr. appt. His is running fever w/ no other problems.... I am worried he has a kidney infection.... my mom thinks it is a sinus infection b/c his eyes are so puffy... But anyhow..... His primary dr. will be in at 1:30 so I am seeing him b/c he knows andrew's condition..

So busy today! I will be back later.... Don't post too much without me
Old 09-22-2004, 09:59 AM   #11  
SAHM of 3

Thank you Penny for the compliments. Dh is thin, his whole family is. In fact we weighed the same when we got married, 145. Now he weighs around 165 or so, kind of fluctuates. Of course, he hasn't had almost 4 kids either, huh?
Okay, maybe Michelle will be around later. I think I know how to make them small, but all I did was scan and save them as is and didn't realized they were gonna be so big. I guess I need to know a percentage that fits these screens well. I think these were only like 50%.
Anyways, thanks.
Okay, breakfast is done, kitchen is cleaned, kids are dressed and ready with beds made. I'm dressed and ready with my bed stripped and Andrew's too. Our sheets are currently being washed. Livingroom is picked up. I'm gonna prepare school now and we'll start around 10. Dinner is going to be a new recipe...Slow cooked Steak and Gravy. My first real crockpot meal. I'm also gonna make a pot of beans. I'm gonna try to be around after lunch to do some cleaning challenges and get my big challenge of the day done.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

Great pictures crystal its so great to finally put a face to the name Ok now to make your images smaller you will need either an image editing program or if you have xp as your operating system you can go to microsoft.com and type in powertoys and it will bring up a list of a few "tweaked" features for xp that you can download these downloads are 100% safe as they are made by Microsoft. Anyway one of the power toys is an image resizer and it works great!

QOTD: We have (like deana) my food and their food but they don't have any junk food so it's not hard for me to be in the same house, they just don't have to eat whole grain or meatless "meat" LOL

Penny You are going to have to teach me how to be so crafty I'm working on sewing a shirt if my mom will ever get over here to help me lol.

Okay I'm off to start drinking my water and get this house clean. Oh Just wanted to mention that i'm updating our website hehe I'll have it up in a few days!!
Love to all!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:16 AM   #13  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Crystal,
No Problem! It is so nice to put a pic with a face The kids are soo cute also Hope you get to flylady later! We also have a good time

I won't be around for it but I hope you all have a great day
Old 09-22-2004, 10:20 AM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Good morning! Liam and I MUST go to the gorcery store today. There is very little left to eat in the house LOL. I don't really like going to the grocery store, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm waiting until after Liam's first nap, of course

Deana- thank you for the compliments I did get to see your picture now and I love it! Ya'll look in love :; and I like the cowboy wedding idea.

Chris- that's horrible about the puppy almost dying Sorry you had to go through that on your wedding night.

Cindi- how was Christian last night?

Julie- thanks for the kind words I'm not doing well with the diet, but think maybe I can use my thin wedding pic as motivation LOL.

Jill- I love those party pictures! What a cutie- does she have your eyes? You're doing so well with the water and work outs. I need you as my personal trainer!

Geri- you're glowing in your wedding pic How beautiful! My mother also walked me down the asile - my father passed away in 2000. That part-time job sounds like a good opportunity. Hmm . . . decisions, decisions!

Amy- sorry you had a bad experience at TOPS

Cheri- I love your wedding pic! What a beautiful couple. And I love your proposal story too. Looks like it was zoo day all around! Glad you had a good time.

Penny- Ohhhhh . . . that's so sweet about the ring! My wedding rings no longer fit - not because of weight gain, but my hands and feet got permanently bigger with pregnancy. Apparently this happens only to a very small percentage of women, which of course means me LOL. thanks for the compliments on my wedding pics Hope Andrew is okay!

Michelle- Oh, what an adorable wedding pic! You and DH look so sweet and happy!! And beautiful And I love that picture of Taylor. Thanks for the compliment on my pic

Crystal- I absolutely LOVE all your photos. You're beautiful! It's funny, though, you don't look like how I pictured you. I pictured you with lighter hair. Alisa looks just like you. As for the size- if you look at the pictures on photobucket- there is an "edit" button. If you click on that, you have the option of resizing the picture. I usually begin with 75% and then go down again if they're still too big. Hope that helps!

QOTD: We have whole grain pastas and rice. Frozen veggies. Usually just bananas for fruit (I don't really like fruit).
Now, during Liam's nap (right now) I should be doing a bunch of chores from my list, but does it look like I'm cleaning? TTYL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:20 AM   #15  

Good Morning everybody! I am not believing how beautiful the weather is today! I hope it continues throughout the weekend, I have a wedding to attend. WHich brings me to a delimna, I have nothing to wear! All my dresses are church type dressed and I want to find something cute, but dread shopping for clothes! I told myself I wasn't buying anything until I had lost atleast 15 lbs, but oh well. My birthday is Friday and my mom is trying to figure out what to get me. I told her I didn't care to surprise me. She says she's worried that if she gives me money I won't spend it on myself, and she's probably right... LOL

Penny: Sorry about Andrew, I hope the docs can tell you what's wrong so that they can start treating him. I thought my son had a bladder/kidney infection a couple weeks ago b/c he was going to the bathroon every five minutes, but our doctor checked him out and said he didn't find any indication that it would be an infection, that was good news.

Crystal: I love your pics, and you have such a beautiful family!

Deana: My hubby is 6'1 and I'm only 5'1! Sometimes I hate being so short, especially since my hubby's ex before we got together was so tall and thin, but he says he doesn't really like tall girls... LOL

Well ladies, I'm off here for now, I hope everyone has a wonderful Hump Day!!! I've got laundry to tackle! Talk to you guys later!

Amy

180/173/140
STG: 169 by Sept. 30th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alora1978 is offline   Reply With Quote