Old 09-21-2004, 09:44 PM   #1  

Unhappy Help starving want to eat i don't think i can make it

I'm starving wrote in my journal what i ate today but i'm still hungry. i been trying to do good, on my first day.
So far: zi feel sad,mad,i just want to eat like a sandwich, i hope i can make it through the night. ok talk tomorrow. i'll try to get through the night. goodnight.

10.00am: bologna (1), cheese(1), reg bread (2)slices, diet coke
10:30-11:00 am (3) rice cakes carmel
12:00 italan sausage,peppers mix,diet coke
3:00 drinking one liter of lemonaid.

walked: 3.01 mile

7pm starving: two serving veg soup add more broccoli,carrots, l liter lemonaid.
apple.

9:34pm still starving: ate two peanutbutter chocolate granola bar, diet coke. i’m so hungry it’s getting hard for me i just want to eat. help.
majestical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:10 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Try some fruit. Oranges and apples are really good for staving the pangs.

Are you sure you're physically hungry, or are you psychologically hungry?
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

I find that times like that I get gum and chew. I've found that sometime I think I'm starving and all I really just want isto chew... I don't know what kind of weight loss plan your on but I keep all kinds of fruit and veggies. Tonight I wasn't able to fill up myself. So I ate my dinner. Then made a HUGE Salad. I also had some bottled water with a cold brew tea bag. (Raspberry) I tried to eat slow... I didn't finish the salad but I know if I get the muchies I can go back to that. I fill full right now. You may also want to look if there is any reason you feel stressed, sad et... I know that when I'm feeling a certain way I eat more. I need to find my triggers. I hope I'm not boring you going on and on. It's just recently I had alot of stress in my life and found myself wanting to eat. I think it's great you posted here. That was a huge step in the right direction. Stay strong do whatever you can put on some music believe me as the seconds turn to minutes and so on so does the hunger. Make sure your eating healthy and not starving yourself. Keep Drinking.
Mez
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Or drink water. Sometimes apparently we think we are hungry when it is actually thirst.

Livi
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:16 PM   #5  

I'm not on any kind of diet i just started today to eat less and exercise. part of me feel hungry and part of me is always thinking about it.
majestical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 10:55 PM   #6  
Samantha

I agree with Livi - many times when I feel like I am about to starve I drink as much water as I can - and I am no longer hungry. Try that. And if it doesn't work, try to eat something that you won't feel guilty about later, like fruit or veggies.
Samantha2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

What I would do is try to mix the carbs and protein more evenly, and you'll probably be less hungry. I get really hungry if I have a meal that's mostly carbs. It also may be your body adjusting. You shouldn't let yourself be very hungry though- it'll ultimately make you just eat more. Eating an extra 200 calories isn't going to kill your day, but if you wait until your "breaking point" you're more likely to binge.

water and fruit are important, too, as others have mentioned.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:29 PM   #8  

you may be starving because
1- you're not eating enough from the looks of it
2- you're eating food that's high in sugar and very high glycemic
3- you're not eating enough filling food that's low glycemic, high protein, high in nutrients.

gen
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:37 PM   #9  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Go Gen! You beat me to it! As I was reading this I was thinking EXACTLY the same things and thought I'd post them.......and lo and behold you did it!

Sooo......yeah, what Gen said!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Congrats on walking 3 miles--that's wonderful!

Personally, when I was drinking a lot of diet Coke, I felt hungrier. Don't know why, but I stopped the diet Coke habit and picked up the water habit. If you like lemonade, flavor your water with lemon.

I agree with the others about the sugar and lack of quality protein/carbs. Try eating less processed meats, and start snacking on fruits and string cheese (part skim mozzarella). Add some brown rice to your veggie soup. Sara Lee makes a great low fat, low carb bread (Delightful Wheat) that I use when I eat bread. I don't see any dairy in your menu either so, unless you're lactose intolerant, add some lowfat or nonfat dairy products, too. You'll be glad you did when you get that first bone scan at age 50! And be sure to take a multiple vitamin daily, okay?

Eating small, frequent meals using good quality foods will help because you're eating every couple of hours. Eating frequently helps with that panicky feeling (does everyone know what I'm talking about?) that starting a "diet" can trigger. I don't like being hungry or letting myself get hungry so I eat often, but I eat good stuff and not much of it at one sitting.

Good for you for posting here and getting support instead of just sitting with your hunger. You done good!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote