Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-21-2004, 01:54 PM   #1  
mom2_5

Cool Does anyone else have bad days?

I have been eating healthy for the last 6 weeks with no problems but yesterday was horrible. It took everything I had in me to not eat everything I saw. I had plenty to eat but it was all low in fat . I don't know what was wrong with me! I have been feeling a little low and I know I'm an emotional eater.
Has anyone else experienced this or am I just an emotional train wreck??

I don't want to fall back into my old habits!!

[
SW/230 CW/207 GW/140

wildblue_yonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:24 PM   #2  
i wanna be sedated.

I have bad days EVERYDAY practically. I get up thinking it's gonna be a great day and that I'll eat healthy and then I end up eating fatty.

Although, I've been drinking unsweetened tea for the last two days. It's the first time I've ever had it...not too bad.

But to answer your question, we ALL have bad days. But hang in there girl, it'll all get better!
katibug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:30 PM   #3  
Tons of fun!!!!

I think everyone has those days....and i mean everyone... you just gotta stay strong and even if you slip and eat something off plan, dont beat yourself up over it, it took a long time to gain all the extra weight so it will take a long time to get rid of it and one day will not make you or break you, just keep going ......
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:13 PM   #4  
Mel

Pick yourself up, have a spoonful of natural peanut butter to get some good fat that tastes good, dust yourself off, and give yourself a big pat on the back that you got through 6 great weeks! You had a bad day...it happens. You're only 1 meal away from being back on track

Mel (who has lots of bad days, too)
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 05:43 PM   #5  

We ALL have bad days ... the trick is to dust yourself off and move on to the next day! If you wallow in your failure, you'll think "ah well, I'll just eat some more junk now," and "hmmm I just can't be stuffed exercising" and then things just get worse! Keep your chin up!
goeatanapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 05:47 PM   #6  
Meg

Yep.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 06:38 PM   #7  

Oh no.. none of us EVER have bad days where we eat mindlessly..

And if you believe that, I have a great deal for you on a bridge in a major metropolis...

In a more serious vein. Everyone has these lapses. Sometimes they're emotional eating, sometimes stress, sometimes other things. I think that success comes not from never having lapses, but from learning over time how to deal with them and minimize the damage.

Something that helps me sometimes is to try to figure out what I am really craving and have some of that. If I try to eat from my normal healthy choices, often I eat more than I would of the craved food, because the healthy options aren't really satisfying me, if that makes sense.

You're doing a wonderful job. You've got six weeks of healthy eating under your belt, and now that you've had a lapse you're looking at it, figuring out the cause, getting advice to deal with it. You go girl!

Linda C.
lj_cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:32 PM   #8  

Don't worry about having a bad day!! As the saying goes, "This too shall pass". Everyone of us has those days whereby we move away from our healthy lifestyle, and just want to eat everything in sight. Trust me, this is soooo normal!! You have done well for 6 weeks, so I know you will continue to do well. Good Luck to you!
CAROL
Carolfromfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:48 AM   #9  
mom2_5

Thanks all!!! It sure does feel good to know I have others in my corner.
Yesterday was much better for me. I'm so impressed with everyone here on 3fc. This community is awesome when you need a pick me up and believe me, I need plenty.

WOW~Meg! You have lost a person.

Carol~ you are so right about "this to shall pass" .....I tell my teenagers that all the time when they are frustrated. I need to practice what I preach.

Thanks to all of you, I needed some encouragment. I guess I'm not the only one on this train
wildblue_yonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 06:55 PM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

You're absolutely right we're all in this train together... Hang in there, and come back every time you need a pick-me-up .... Someone is always here...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:23 PM   #11  

I weight myself daily (I throw it in a spreadsheet to track trends) and I swear everyday that I hit a new low, I find myself eating the most!! I have to agree with what everyone says, we all have bad days, but just enjoy them and enjoy that they are over and tomorrow is another day to try again. I use them as motivation to keep active, walk a little more, and add a few minutes to the work out routine. As easy as it is to have bad days, it's as easy to have a good one.
markgm is offline   Reply With Quote