Old 09-20-2004, 08:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/228/155

Height: 5'5"

Default Exercise

Well I made a decision to take my exercising seriously and on Friday, Saturday and Sunday I worked out on the bike for 30 minutes and I did 30 minutes of Cardio Salsa. I felt good after doing it. Usually I feel like I want to die. I really think this time I will be able to lose my weight. As long as I stay FOCUSED!

What are some of your exercise routines? Share.....I want to know!
Have a WONDERFUL DAY everyone!!!
skylark826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:38 AM   #2  
Abby's Mommy

I don't have a set in stone exercise routine. I walk with my dd in the stroller when I can ( about 3-4 nights per week). I go to the gym for a "real" workout when I can (about 2-3 times per week). If I have had a week that has been low in exercise, I pop in a pilates dvd and do that. I should probably facus more on my exercise, but I really don't have alot of free time now that my dd is on the go CONSTANTLY. ( Shes 16 months old, love her little heart!)
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Congratulations, Skylark! it's a big step and it can be hard getting used to, but my gut says that once you get into it, you'll feel incomplete without it!

My workout is usually about 45 minutes on the crosstrainer and upper or lower body weight training (i switch on and off). I've yet to get back into the groove, though!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:27 AM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I just started back at the gym in the past month and have been walking on the treadmill 3-5 times a week for about 35 minutes each time. Also I have a weight training routine but I've only done it a couple of times. Right now I have a bad chest cold and no desire to even look in the direction of the gym!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 11:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Skylark that is awesome!! Congrats on your commitment to exercise. It's very important!

My routine consists of walking away the pounds from 3-5 miles per day. I normally do the 2 mile in the am before work and the 3 mile in the pm after work. I have also incorporated a high intensity aerobic workout by GILAD--right now only once a week as it totally kicks my rear. I hope to get more of that incorporated.

Looking forward to CURVES opening right down the street in a few weeks...
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:34 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations Skylark.

My exercise routine is the following:
1 day of weight lifting(60-90 minutes) - chest/triceps, abs optional, cardio afterwards if I can (15-20 minutes)
1 day of weight lifting(60 minutes) - shoulders, abs, cardio aftewards if I can (15-20 minutes)
1 day of weight lifting(60-90 minutes) - legs
1 day of belly dancing(60 minutes) then cardio if I have time (15-20 minutes)
2 days of something else - exercise class, swimming, cardio machines, pilates(15-60 minutes)
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 01:07 PM   #7  
and Cody too!

S/C/G: 265/245/165

I don't have a exercise routine at all, I really need one.

Yesterday I did my tae-bo tape and made it 15 minutes into the workout. Hopefully someday I can make it through the whole thing.

Today I did bodies in motion with Gilad and made it through everything except the last few crunches. It felt like someone put lava or something in my abs, lol. Hurts.

I feel so good now. I wish I could remember how good I feel afterwards all of the time. I would get off my butt more often.

Last edited by JennasMom; 09-20-2004 at 01:07 PM. Reason: can't spell
JennasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 01:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 286/228/155

Height: 5'5"

Wow! You guys getting me even more motivated! I think exercise is the KEY to this losing weight thing!

I do the bike, even though I have a treadmill, I don't like it for some reason. I think its because I think I'm gonna fall off. The funny thing is that I like to walk just not on a treadmill!!
skylark826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 01:18 PM   #9  

You've hit the nail on the head.. Exercise is the KEY to this losing weight thing! I am lost without exercise now. To me, it's just as important as eating right! I feel the best I have ever felt..
Old 09-20-2004, 02:53 PM   #10  
Jennifer

I agree with Gretchen, exercise is *the* thing that has made me able to lose weight this time. I started out just exercising, with no changes in diet, then slowly added in dietary changes. For me, exercise is not only good of itself, but it also inspires me to eat better throughout the day because I'm more mindful of my body.

Since May, I've been working out 6-7 days a week. I always do at least 45 minutes of cardio on an elliptical cross-trainer, Precor crossramp, and/or the stairmaster. (My first day, I could do only 6 minutes on the elliptical, so I definitely had to work up to this!) I try to mix it up by doing high-intensity interval training, varying the resistance, or combining different machines in a single session session. I also started jogging on the treadmill, and I'm up to 15 minute intervals (never thought I'd be doing that!).

I also lift weights, which I think are a lot more *fun* than the cardio. I do a mix of machines and free weights. I wish I knew more free weight exercises, but I'm learning.

I can't say enough good about exercise. I can't believe the differences I've seen in what I can do. Three years ago, I could barely walk from one side of the mall to the other, and now I'm RUNNING! I too really miss it if I can't make it to the gym.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 04:00 PM   #11  
Taking care of me.

My exercise routine is really simple right now - on MWF I walk at least 30 min on the treadmill at the gym. Next month, I might start going everyday. Wow - I just realized I'm into my fourth week of this. The farthest I've walked so far has been 1.5 miles, but since I used to do absolutely nothing, I feel great about that.

I have my first meeting with my trainer Thursday. First thing I'm going to ask her about is getting rid of these blasted shin splints. Probably I need to get the better shoes. I know I've go to step up my workouts 'cause I'm barely getting my heart rate up to the minimum for my target range. At least that's what the machine says - my body/lungs screams enough already . Friday, I got my rate up to 146 before I turned the down a notch. During my stress test, the doctor took me up to 171 (95% of my target) for one minute but I think I'd pass out if I tried to do that much yet.
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:34 PM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Marcia,
Have you tried the elliptical? I have problems on the treadmill because I have balance issues and I tend to feel like i'm about to fall or I end up walking off the sides. I've built up quite an endurance on the elliptical but what I do is do the elliptical for as long as I can, then I switch to the recumbant bike. The elliptical really gets your heart rate up.

I do think exercise is key and in fact I get anxious when I think I'm not going to get a chance to exercise. I sometimes will exercise twice a day but I haven't been to the gym twice a day, yet. I kind of think that is almost the crazy step so I just keep my routine to going to the gym once a day. I love the gym. I have been going 6-7 times a week for almost 4 months and it is awesome. I have increased my strength tremendously and I have fun. I have lost over 40 inches all over my body with little to no cardio. I sometimes slack off on the cardio but I have been trying recently to increase my cardio. I have built some cardio endurance but not a lot. That is what I need to work on now.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:31 PM   #13  
beautiful

right now since i just started out i'm using the walk away the pounds express 1 and 2 mile dvd. it just depends how many miles i do a day though. sometimes i only do 2 and some days i will be able to do 7 miles total. i plan on getting my exercise bike back out sometime too but it hurts my butt!
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 10:01 PM   #14  

I think no matter what you are doing, as long as your moving your tushie, you doing something right! Congratulations to all of you who have committed to adding exercise, no matter the length or type to your daily routine!