Old 09-18-2004, 05:03 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Chit Chat #78

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group of ladies that share the daily aspects of our lives with each other...not just weight loss. Won't you join us?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 05:13 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi ladies,

Jen - hope you had fun with your friend at lunch, and that you're having an easy weekend.

Cristi - yep, we include the corn stalks, too. I'm surrounded by them, lol. Which book are you beginning? I probably should hop over to the book thread for updates, lol. Btw, thanks for the info about Angie!

Mindee - determination is my "secret" to losing weight. It really does feel unreal to have lost it... and I still have about 40 to go. Something in that range, lol.

Susan - glad you're having fun with the girls this weekend. Hope Gaby's cold is better soon.

Hi to all the others.

I ended up hemming a top and sewing on some Disney patches on 2 other shirts, but didn't get the ironing done. I have some "lite" apple crisp in the oven, and also have potatoes peeled for tomorrow's dinner. Other than that, I've pretty much wasted the day!

BBL,
Old 09-18-2004, 07:03 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

It sounds like a lovely day Jana. I remember those days....lol.......- Puttering around taking care of a home and family. I miss that.
I just live in my car now- if I had an oven and sewing machine in there I would probably feel better (?????) - I could cook dinners and make my own chili beans .....lol
EVERYTHING smells like beans to me............think I need protein??

Anyway- blah-blah..........

Heading out to get the older kiddies. Gaby didn't last long at the party. We came homeand rested. I picked up a mystery book at the library.....a friend was telling me about it.
Bubbles is a hairdresser??? Anyone hear of these books?? Kind of funny so far...

Best get..... Is that your Tommy on your avatar Mindee?? Probably is what a cutie!! So do you visit Port Washington much?? 4 hours isn't that far.

ok- talk tomorrow!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:12 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies--

Katy--I am a big fan of Amazing Race. There is this couple who are always coming in first with a horrible attitude the whole way and I really hope they don't win. I'm always telling James that we need to sign up! It looks very physical but adventurous also! And all the places they travel would be so amazing to see!

Cristi--Going to Walmart here in town is just plain chaos! They look like they're puting in a super walmart...but I'm not sure. All I know right now is that going is a pain in the butt! I would like to get some mums myself to put on my front deck. Kind of spruce it up a little. Getting ready to put some kind of fall decorations in front sometime.

Susan--I'm not sure if that is where James was working.....I do know that he stayed in the Residance Hotel which is about five minutes away (I think)...the one near the Lloyds center. Are you anywhere near there? I forgot to mention that they finally put his home terminal in Eugene...so he's home every night now. Which is nice.

Jana--I remember having one of those rocking/bouncing horses when I was little! It was always so fun until you got a little to rambunctious and got caught on the springs. That happened once.....not sure how the heck I was playing on it...but it wasn't the correct way! Hope your DGD's enjoy it! Congratulations to losing two more pounds!! You're family must be awfully proud because I know we all are!!

Mindee--I've had James show me the correct way to doing some exercises also. And it really made a difference. I always used to use him as my personal trainer at the gym too. He would help me and push me to do my full set of reps. And it trully made a difference than trying to figure it all out on my own. And I saw a difference in the way my body looked. I really need to get a membership to the gym again!!

Jen--When you're doing house calls....what do you do in the mean time while you're waiting for the patient to need something? That would be long a boring, unless they can sit and tell you some history about themselves. I always loved sitting and listening to my grandma tell me about herself when she was little. She had some funny ones to tell too! Sure miss talking with her.

Shanna--I have to agree with...(can't remember who said it) that turning 30 is not that bad. You have to look at it as something to look forward to. Besides....you are as old as you make yourself to be. There are people who take life for granted and age so much more quickly and then there are those who enjoy life to the fullest and you would never guess their age. You'll be fine and you can make it a celebration!

Sue--I'm glad to hear that your mother still has her home!! The hurricanes there are just causing all kinds of destruction! I still haven't heard from my brother which is just driving me crazy. So I may just make some more phone calls in the morning.

Hello to everyone else....I hope I haven't missed anyone!

Went to Eugene today and did a little shopping. I must have FAT calves because I wanted to buy some boots.....and holy moly....I couldn't zip the suckers up! I tried on three different styles too.....very discouraging! So I went and bought myself a cheapy bookshelf. I don't trust it too much to put heavy books on it....so it's mostly has pictures and other knick knacks.

I heard that OML employees get to tour the Sony building next months so we can see where we're moving to. I told some of the people that I can give them the tour myself! But I would like to see it again while it's all empty. I was checking out my department and checking out the size.....our department area is the size of ONE of the machine area's at Sony! And in my department at Sony we had nine machines!! So I think there will be plently of room for all the departments at OML since they plan on using the entire upper floor....which consisted of three departments.

Ok...now that I probably confused everybody but Shanna since she knows the Sony building..I'm going to go make some dinner.

You all have a great night!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 10:29 PM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello Ladies
Im in Sylvan, at my mom's we are just visiting for the day...thought I would come in and say I miss you guys! I don't have the time to read all the posts so when I gt back I will have alot of questions...lol
big hugs to you alll
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 11:46 PM   #6  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jana~ I will have to remember that! I am very determined to get into a better body shape then the one I have now. So that will be key for me!

Susan~ Yup that is Tommy in my avatar. Brandon could pass for his twin! My sister Katy and her family just came over here and took Brandon's pictures for us. I am going to wait until I get the proof sheet and then I will more then likely post them on his webpage! I haven't been to Port Washington since I was a little tike....probably around 4 or 5. I lost my shoe to a lighthouse out there on a very windy high tide day. We have been toying with the idea of going out that way so my Aunt and Uncle can see Brandon. But I am sure that they will be here next month for my other Aunt's pig roast.

Marti~ I think with him showing me the right ways to do things, it will help get me in the mood to want to do more. After he showed me how to do them the right way, I did 30 yesterday. Then today I did 50 and I didn't even hurt after!

Angie~ How are you doing girl??
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 08:36 AM   #7  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good Sunday morning to you!

Susan - you could always trade your car in for a camper, since you're in it so much, lol. I can see it now... sewing machine, oven, hot tub, lol. Hope our little Gaby is feeling better today.

Marti - I didn't know James is home every night now!! How great!! The bookshelf sounds nice.... adds texture to a wall. So what's your shift going to be this week?

Angie - Glad to see your post! Maybe if you had time, you could stop by and use the computer in the library. But you probably won't even be reading this until yours is fixed, lol.

Mindee - my DH had to show me how to do crunches. I was only pulling my neck muscles until he helped me. Now I can really feel it in my abs. Wonder why guys are so much more knowledgeable in this area??

Hi also to Cristi, Shanna, Katy, Jen, Sue, Katiecat, Julie, and anybody else reading this.

It's is downright cold here in Indiana this morning! Good snuggling weather, though. We're having a weenie roast this evening - the first of the season. I'll be helping Neal place the blocks for it afterwhile. He already has lots of firewood cut, and also has the willow branches ready for hot dog sticks. I made a lite version of apple crisp, and have a new bag of big, fat marshmallows. I don't like them very well, but usually roast them for the dogs, lol. This year, I'll be helping the DGDs. Yay!!

Hope you have a blessed Sunday!
Old 09-19-2004, 01:27 PM   #8  

Katy, Rob, Roni and Nicholas came over last night and took Brandon’s pictures!!!! I can’t wait to get the proof sheet because they all turned out so cute!!!

Jana~ My hubby told me that he knows so much because he used to work out a lot when he was in high school. Now if only I could get him to get down and workout with me!
Old 09-19-2004, 02:09 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning ladies--

Angie--I hope your computer starts working for you soon! We miss ya! Glad you and the family are ok and that your enjoying your time visiting family.

Jana--I have NO idea why I didn't post that James was back home! This working really has me loopy and I'm forgetting things. Next week's schedule has me working 11:30-8 MTW and 6-2 TH,F.....then the week after it has me on a different one again! I guess I have to live with that until I'm trained. It's been cold here too. Lots of rain, although the sun is peeking out today. But I love snuggle weather. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year!! I got together with James in Oct. of '98 and my life has been wonderful ever since! Does your whole family get together for the weenie roast? How often do you do that? Sounds like so much fun! I may have to hop on a plane and visit ya for that occasion!

Mindee--I think having someone show interest in what you do while working out really makes a difference in WANTING to keep doing it. So I think it's great that your husband is helping you out. Have you been taking Brandon out on walks in the stroller? That would be a fantastic way to get in exercise and to let the little one explore the outdoors. I used to take Jhanai out to the fields when she was little and when I came upon a creek, we would search for tadpoles or anything else that struck her interest. She still likes to walk, but to me, it's different in town than it is in the country. But I love going for walks with her.

Morning to all the ladies!!

Not much on my agenda for the day. I've got some laundry to do, and I told James I want to buy some stuff. What that stuff is I have no idea! We'll see once we get somewhere. I better go get ready, so I will check in later.

Have a good Sunday!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 06:02 PM   #10  

Hiya! Just taking a break from my afternoon of football. It's not going so good today. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

Marti - What I do right now (for 2 more weeks anyway) is shift care. People hire us to come to there homes and help them out with things that would otherwise make it difficult to live by themselves, or just outside of a nursing home. The client I'm covering shifts for can't be alone, so she has someone in her home at all times. If she has to go to the bathroom, wants something to eat, or go sit on her deck, she needs help. So we just go and help her with the day to day things. I've been covering the 3-11pm shift. At least she has a dog for me to play with! And she naps after dinner, so I can watch some of my shows! I also have fat calves. I found a great pair of brown boots last year at Kohls. And I found some black ones at Payless Shoes. It's very hard for me to find some that zip up too.

Mindee - I've tried a few different things in nursing so far. That's the nice thing about it. I could try something new every year, and never run out of options. I've worked in nursing homes, cardiac nursing, surgical nursing, taught CNA's, flu shot clinics, currently supervise home care, and in October I'm starting in the home care coordination department. Still trying to find my niche. So far, I've decided anything to do with supervision/management is probably out. That's what I most disliked about teaching, and besides my NUTBALL boss, what I hate about this job.

Jana - We opted for TGIFriday's takeout yesterday, salads. They were really good. I'm hoping to get my yard cleaned up this week, so that soon I can drag out my fall decor. I usually do that around Oct 1. Gosh, a weenie roast sounds like fun!

Susan - I think Jana's on the right track, you need a camper! That would be your "home away from home"!

Does anyone else here watch The Apprentice? I've never really watched it before, thought it sounded stupid, but I watched it last night when I was working. I might be hooked! It was pretty good!

Well, I should go. Been sitting around too much today.

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 06:39 PM   #11  

Marti~ I have to agree on that. Having someone show interest in helping me work out to better myself makes it all the more worthwhile. yup we have been taking him for walks in strollers at least once a day. he is our little nature boy. he loves whenever we go under trees. he will stop and look and watch it.

Jen~ that is cool that you can jump around until you find what you love to do. I would love to go back to school to become a nurse.....but time and money are an issue for us now. my hubby would love to go back to school to become an electrician, I think, he has changed his mind so many times. I think this last time though it was to become a chef.
Old 09-19-2004, 06:57 PM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good Sunday afternoon JL's. I have done nothing but laundry today. Bedsheets and towels. So otherwise have been pretty lazy. I read the papers and drank coffee on the porch which was and is beautiful today. I am trying to get my mindset back to eating right. Tomorrow is going to be the day to START over. Wish me luck.

Jen - Your job sounds anything but dull with all the different aspects you have tried. I hope you like the new endeavor. Yes, I watch Apprentice and watched it all last year. This year has surprised me already with Bradford getting fired. Kinda funny really, but a surprise.

Mindee - Looking forward to seeing the new pictures of Brandon. Would you re-post the link to his web site? Good luck on the exercises. I need to know the proper way to do a crunch, do you loan out your hubby?

Marti - Hope you are enjoying your day of buying "stuff" with James. That is so cool that he is home at night now. I hope you don't have to work too many nights. Let us know if you found any good buys today. I am always up for reading about a good sale!

Jana - It was cool here this morning, wasn't it? Turned out to be a beautiful day here though. I am getting ready to walk with my neighbor and can really enjoy it when it is not too hot or too cold. Might even get in an extra lap. Hope your weenie roast goes well. Ummm, I can taste those fat roasted marshmallows.

Angie - Hope you get your computer fixed soon...hurry back.

Susan - Are you having a good day with your girls? I know how important the week-ends are when you can all get together. Have fun!

My Mom got back to FL safe and sound. Everything was fine there and she got to see her little dog, who she missed terribly. We had talked her into staying an extra week when we heard about Ivan coming. Thank goodness she doesn't live in the panhandle. She and my aunt might move back to IN in the Spring as we found a really nice 55 and older apartment complex that they liked. Hope it works out as I would like to have her near-by.

Hope everyone has a good evening and a Happy Monday tomorrow. Luckily for me, when you are retired and have no kids at home every day is Sat.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 07:58 PM   #13  

Default Hey Ladies

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!!!

Sorry I havent posted in a few days, I have had so much homework and errands going on that I havent been anywhere near the computer!!!

Its starting to get quite chilly here in Rhode Island, easy to tell that fall is here!!! Pretty soon it will be pumpkin picking time and we usually decorate a bit for Halloween!!!
I ended up losing 1 LB this week. so I back down to 190, hopefully next week I can get uder that mark, I feel like Ive been stuck for a few weeks just trying to get into the 180's!!! ahhhhhhh....oh well

Well sorry to make this short, but Im heading to bed soon...Hello to All,
Jana, Jen, Marti, Sue, Mindee, Cristi, Angie, Laura, Shanna and Katy!!!!
I'll check in later

Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 09:03 PM   #14  
RosieKate

Hi!

It has been a carb-infested weekend for me, I must say. I'm scared to get on the scale tomorrow... I baked some sourdough bread and I've been feeling really run down due to some sleep deprivation and that is just a bad combo for me. So I've been pigging out on the yummy bread - so NOT Core! Tomorrow is another day, and the points start over, so I am resolving to make next week a better one. I will try to be strong and post my weigh in regardless of what the outcome tomorrow.

Sue - glad your mom's house and doggie are OK in FL. My cousin in Clermont emerged ok as well. We were very worried, because they were right in the path of Frances, but they managed to escape major damage. Hopefully hurricane season is about over, right? Hope your mom moves to IN soon... we are all trying to get my cousin to move back to Oregon. They want to anyway, because they feel the school system is much better here and they have a 3 year old. She said something about speeding up that timeline right after Frances hit. I told her that Oregon is a much better place. We only have earthquakes and forest fires and the volcanoes hardly ever erupt

Julie - I also have been hovering 'round 190, managed to get below earlier this week, but I think my indulgences this weekend are going to put me up there again. This is a place I have plateaued at before, so I know to just hang in there. It's hard. I am so busy with the kids' school activities and my own classes.... I need to stop and pay more attention to what I am eating.

Susan - How was the church event yesterday? Hopefully it wasn't outside - I cannot believe how wet it is...It has to dry up this week as we are hosting a math department BBQ for DH's colleagues in a week. Gonna have a word with those meteorologists.....

Marti - So glad James is working closer to home; that will certainly make life easier while your new work schedule is unpredictable.

Jana - How was the weenie roast? That's tonight right? Sounds like so much fun.

Mindee - would love to see those baby pics when you get them. I remember the first time I had my son's portrait taken when he was 3 mos. old. I put the proofs on the fridge and could not stop staring at them - just so in love with that kid ( still am)

Jen- My dad's X/W used to do the kind of home care you do. She worked mostly with seniors, but some AIDS patients as well. Sounds like you get to meet some interesting people every now and again - and hopefully they don't sleep all the time, lol

Who was talking about the Apprentice? I'm newly addicted. Bradford was an arrogant putz - The Donald did the right thing, IMO. The only one more stupid than Bradford was Ivana for thinking she could arrange to gang up on Stacie and get her fired - don't think she'll last long. No one second-guesses the Donald. That show is a major addiction. I'm hanging on for the Amazing Race finale next week - it's just too exciting! Can't decide if I want Chip/Kim or the Moms to win.... The new Survivor is pretty good, too. I don't watch too much TV, but I am addicted to a few reality shows as you can tell.

Catch you tomorrow
Katy
Old 09-19-2004, 11:19 PM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Katy...I thought Bradford was arrogant, but I thought either of the girls would be the ones to go. Ivanna was naive about trying to get Stacie kicked off, but I think they will both be gone before long.

I am trying to get back on the dieting horse tomorrow. I wish you well with your weigh in tomorrow. I haven't had the nerve to weigh in for a week.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote