Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2001, 11:28 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week Of June 10th!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well..it is raining again and everyone is being reallly wiped out from Allison...The rivers are rising but we are ok where we are but just have to limit travels because of the road closed!!!

Lauren--Yep..d/t is "due to" and it is a nursing abbreviation..I try to catch myself cuz I type them everyday and it is a habit...Like s with a line over it is "without" and c with a line over it is "with". we also use the triangle for "change" and pc for :"after meals"and ac for "before meals" Refman laughs cuz the "honey do" list is sometimes written in the nurse code and he has an excuse for not obeying!!!*L*
Yeah on making the lunch with the new knife and avoiding BK!!!!!
Wow==tomorrow will be a month since I got married!!!Have U posted any pics??????

BIG LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy-3 lbs
Rabbit-2.6lbs
Jennelle-1.5lbs
Elisa-2.5lbs and Congrats for being back to the original weight!!!!

Also Congrats to the ones I missed and the ones who followed the diet and excercise this week!!!!!!!

Karen--Glad U R back on track!!!!Good to see U again online!!!!

Legal-Good to hear from U again!!!!!Happy Anniversary!!!!!! Trust me--NEver try the paprika pringles!!!!

Well off to check on my cats and the rabbit and dogs we are babysitting
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 06-10-2001 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-10-2001, 03:34 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Man, I'm sleepy! Got up at 6:00 both yesterday and today because daughter had a swim meet and had to be at the pool at 7:00. I volunteered at the meet today, and the sun wore me out. Daughter is sound asleep on the sofa. She swam well, though, so she's got a right to be tuckered out! I was proud of her; she took 13 seconds off her best breaststroke time! (Don't ask me where she gets it. Her dad and I both swim like boulders! )

I have also been PMS-ing big time. So far, I've been pretty good about it as far as eating goes, but BOY it's hard to feel satisified with a veggie plate when your hormones are screaming for a can of Pillsbury biscuits with about six gallons of melted butter on them! I have found myself retreating to the computer or picking up a book to avoid the uncontrollable PMS munchies. Sitting in front of the TV makes it worse.

This will be a busy week...I have two volunteer shifts to pull, plus I have to pack for my trip to the Teach for America Institute in Houston. (Apparently, I may have to get there by boat!) I also need to go to the thrift store and see if I can find a pair of black slacks and maybe a dress or two. I need to have a pair of black slacks to go with all the blouses in my closet. I'm an odd duck. When I gain weight, I gain a little bit in my upper half, but most of it goes to my butt, hips, stomach, and thighs. So, all my blouses still fit fine but I only have one pair of slacks that still fit. Thing is, I 'd hate to spend a bunch of money on a new pair of pants that will be too big in a month.

Jennelle
Old 06-10-2001, 03:58 PM   #3  
Pink Thingy

Talking

OK - so who else out there has discovered the paprika pringles - they will lead you onto the road of self destruction (I know it, been there, got the t-shirt and had the weigh in!) Nothing much to report, for now, but missed my weigh in last week because of work, but have to weigh in this week otherwise I will have no idea what I have to work with for my July 4th goal.

Spent a lovely Sunday afternoon ironing, had to, so much ironing, so did not want to do it, so not relying on hubby to do it either. He is a selfish ironer, he will iron as and when and for him only, whereas I do both of our stuff. However what was nice was that for the first time since we were married, we sat and watched our wedding video together, I mean it has only taken me three years to get round to watching it. I have skimmed it before, but skimmed the embarrassing bits, but today I watched the whole thing through and it was nice reliving it all. Just a shame I don't weigh now what I did then

Anyway hope everyone has a wonderful start to this week. Congrats to all the losers and here's hoping I can join you.

Have you noticed that I have got round to discovering colour, I was feeling left out as everyone else was posting in colour

I just noticed the sticky out tongue smiley is working, gotta put a couple in just because
Old 06-10-2001, 08:53 PM   #4  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! How are you all? I just skimmed the posts... can't believe so many posts since I've been here. But I had to just jump on for a minute to say~

Rabbit Congratulations on getting back to the 160's! You are so close!!!! Yippee!

I have weigh in tomorrow. I know I did really well this week and I feel like I will have a loss. I can't wait to find out what it turns out to be!

Tech, good to know I am not alone. It is a crazy sounding story but I know it is better for me to be going than not. I have been on a good roll for about 3 weeks and especially this last week and I feel no desire to jump ship so far.

Lauren, even though I'm in NJ there're noooooo a&p's as far as the eye can see... and further! When I was little there was one near my grandmother's house. None down here. Anyway, you can get back on track when the hormones settle down. Good luck with the new position.

I only have 6 more days with the kids and 8 more days of work all together. There's so much to do and I'd better get back to it.

goodnight! Good luck!

dani
Old 06-11-2001, 10:47 AM   #5  

Oh, I had a tough weekend! I made lemon squares - my sd's favorite since she would be here. I allowed myself one/day after I figured out the points (4.7!!). But last night I really really overdid it on the homemade egg rolls - and then lemon squares (notice there was an "s" at the end there). So I must be very very good from now on. I sure don't want to gain. I reread my post and rembered how thrilled I am to be in that lower range again.

Jennelle - congrats on your loss and good luck on your birthday goal!

elisa - I know it is so easy to put it back on. One time when I got really thin in my twenties (in the 120's and I'm 5'8") I remember saying - I am NEVER going to gain that weight again. . .

RR - Hope that rain has stopped! Can't believe it has been a month already!

happy - good luck at your weigh in!

Rabbit (the egg roll bandit)
Old 06-11-2001, 10:53 AM   #6  

I forgot to post my mileage. I'm at 381 miles. The race for the cure Saturday was great and yesterday I played golf.

Rabbit
Old 06-11-2001, 12:33 PM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Well, it's a new week and I'm still feeling really motivated, but I'm also feeling a sense of will power!! Either that, or it's the fact that I have my lunch all planned and packed with me! Dinner is planned also, I have leftover turkey from the weekend, so I will have that with leftover stuffing and some veggies. I will be OP today!!

Rabbit - Those lemon squares sound great. My aunt makes these lemon squares that are really good too. Not sure what's in them, but they're from a 9x13 and they have a crust (graham cracker I think) and a dusting of powdered sugar on top.

Dani - Hope WI went well for you!! What stores do you have down there, GU's?

BFB - I have not seen the Paprika Pringles around here, but I probably wouldn't like them anyway, so that's good! I bought FF Pringles yesterday. Did not have my pts. finder with me unfortunately, but guessing, I thought they'd be low enough pts. to justify...will have to see when I get home, forgot to look when I first got them home! I can't wait til we get our video, I love watching wedding videos!! I have watched my brother's a few times, especially right before my wedding!! People think I'm nuts...especially my husband!!

Jenelle - I was there last week!! Hang in there, and don't go near the biscuits and butter!! Pretend everything is nailed down!!

Vicki - I have posted pics, thought you saw them though. The link is: Lauren's Wedding Pics Hopefully that'll work. DH tried to install Photoshop this weekend, so that we could scan some of the actual professional proofs in, but he's having computer issues. Hopefully that'll be resolved soon.

Time to go have my lunch! Have a great afternoon all!!
Old 06-11-2001, 01:44 PM   #8  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Default Another Monday.....

okay, first of all I've discovered how I gain weight!!! I do really well from Monday to Thursday and then Friday to Sunday I eat like a pig!!!! So once again this Monday finds me up 1.5 lbs and now I have to spend the rest of the week losing it. But, there are two ways to look at it - one is if I wasn't careful during the week and didn't take off the pound or two that was gained on the weekend, I could easily gain weight in no time (this is the lighbulb going off). While I don't think I'm that bad every weekend, these last two weeks have taught me something. The other way to look at it is, if I was just better on the weekends then I would be losing weight!!!!! (ding ding ding, we have a winner). Well, do you think this revelation will help me??? I hope so and I'll keep you posted. I'm off to a better start, had some fruit for breakfast, soup for lunch and went to a Pilates class. Not a bad start to the week.

Rabbit - I so understand. Sometimes I'm just dumb enough to decide to make some "baked goods" and convince myself that they're not for me but I CAN'T RESIST and I know that but I fool myself. This weekend I made coconut cream pie (I was pretty good with the pie) but decided that I couldn't let the egg whites I didn't need for the recipe go to waste, so I made meringues. I then I ate meringues! Now I know they're just egg whites and sugar but still what was I thinking. Next time I'll make an egg white omlette and be safer.

BFB - you know if I ever see Paprika Pringles I'm going to have to try them and then I'll probably blame you when I eat the whole thing!! It's just that I've heard so much about them.

Lauren - I'm glad you're still motivated, it's sounds like you're organized and that's a good part of it -good luck!!

Elisa
Old 06-11-2001, 03:22 PM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

Hope everyone is having a good day! I'm doing pretty good soo far! I had some snack wells, and I'm about to eat my apple. I'm half way through my last bottle of water (that I have with me - I bring 3 - 1 liter bottles with me everyday). Usually I'm just starting the last one about now, but they were having some issues with the A/C over the weekend, and it was pretty warm in here this AM. I wouldn't have minded it, because I'm usually cold, but I didn't dress for warm!!

I paid my rent, that I forgot to pay by the first, at lunch! Also paid for our pool passes!! The pool does not open daily until June 18th, but at least it's open on the weekends now! I can't wait to go swimming! Of course this weekend will probably be a bust, because Saturday DH's parents are coming over, for Father's Day. Sunday we're going to my mom's house, becasue the whole family is coming. My brother and I honor my Gramps on Father's Day, since my dad died when I was almost 3 and my brother was 6. This year everyone's getting together because they want to plan a combination 90th birthday/65th anniversary party for Gramps' b-day and Gran & Gramps' anniversary, which is 9/5. My Aunt, Uncle and Mom are planning it. It won't be a surprise though...could you imagine trying to surprise an 86 y/o and 90 y/o??

Oh well, gotta get back to work!!
Old 06-11-2001, 04:36 PM   #10  
LBH

Hey Rabbit - You would probably know the answer to this:

Can you use whole wheat flour in place of regular white flour for everything? Like, is there any reason you would have to use white flour?

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2001, 05:05 PM   #11  
Pink Thingy

Hiya everyone

elisa822 yeild not to temptation. Paprika pringles are on the road of self destruction

LBH - hope your Gran and Gramps have a wonderful anniversary/Father's Day. 65th anniversary - that's a blessing in this day and age, gives you something to aim for!

Hope everyone is doing really well. Hubby found a piece of freesoftware which is a talking reminder - if anyone is interested the website is www.GoAce.com
Old 06-11-2001, 05:35 PM   #12  
IALAC

weigh in ... 2 hours and counting.....

Lauren, GU's???...OOOOOHHHHH I just got it Grand Union.. well not in this area.. but even the ones by my parents' I think are out of business... we have Acme, Shop Rite, and my favorite, local in the new place Marazzo's Thriftway. It is a home town store which is always clean, well stocked and has very nice, polite, people that work there. It's very personal. Mr. Marazzo himself often walks around and greets the customers, they have a great little restaurant with $.50 burgers on Saturdays that they cook on the grill outside on the patio.. they have a piano player at Christmas time.. it's just a very pleasant experience all around. But mostly we have a lot of Acme's and Shop Rite's out here. Wow, Go gran and gramps!! Have fun!

Elisa, sounds very common what you are experiencing.. great during the week and crazy on the weekend. I have a close friend experiencing the same exact thing... good luck dealing with that.. it sounds like you know what to do!

Rabbit, great idea to reread your happy post. You can do it.. you can get back on track because you know how great it feels to be in the 160's and how much you want to get those last 10 or so pounds off!! You are stronger than lemon squares!!!!

Well, I will check in later tonight after weigh in. I feel a little bloated today ... I really hope it doesn't interfere with weigh in. . I felt so good.. maybe it is just nerves.

dani
Old 06-11-2001, 08:10 PM   #13  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hey everyone!!!!!What's happening??????I got all the pics(27 rolls) from the honey moon!!!!WOW..do I miss Europe!!!!! It was the adventure of a lifetime!!!!

I went to the healthclub then lost it on Cheetos...Don't ask me why I guess the devil got into me..I will have to skip supper tonight....I am soo tired of getting to sleep late..and waking up early that I am soon to crash out early.!!!!
Have a great evening all!!!
Vicki
Old 06-11-2001, 08:11 PM   #14  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Lauren : Hope you don't mind...I peeked at your wedding photos. You look lovely! All that red hair! We could pass for sisters. (Your brother sure is a cutie pie!)

Elisa : Don't you just love those "ah-ha!" moments where everything in the universe just seems to click into place? Me too!

Rabbit : I will have a baking dilemma of my own tomorrow. Our next door neighbor got some free passes to a local amusement park but they were only good for today and both he and his wife had to work. They gave them to us (and we had a good time!), so I thought I would make them a homemade cheesecake. The best thing about that is I won't be able to steal a piece without them noticing. I have a plan for the utensils: fill the sink up with hot, soapy water and put everything in there as soon as I'm done using it. As long as I can resist "tasting" the batter to the point of absurdity, I'll be okay. I'll probably buy some bubble gum when I go to the store for the ingredients tomorrow and chew a big ol' wad of it while I'm mixing the cheesecake.

Jennelle
Old 06-12-2001, 07:06 AM   #15  
IALAC

Smile

Hi everyone,
I lost 4 pounds! I just wanted to post that. More later!

dani
Closed Thread