Old 09-17-2004, 07:23 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #249 Friday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 07:35 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Good Friday Morning Ladies. Hope everyone had a great night. I sort of did, but Andrew woke up like 4 times and Ally once. They go right back to sleep, but they still disturb me. I overall, haven't been sleeping well this pregnancy. Even when I do sleep, I sleep light and feel like I'm half in and half out, I think because I know the kids will be getting up and I hate being disturbed so I stay half way on this side, I don't know if that makes since.

Let's see...

Chrily, glad to know more about you. Sorry about RA. My mom suffers from that. She got it when she was in her mid 30's and she's now 51. It is in remission and has been but it still flares up occasionally and she has to take meds for it.

Penny's QOTD from Wednesday: we don't really like animals. I used to but dh doesn't and he's worn off on me. We have two labs, Avery and Rocker. Brother and sister. They are annoying and I wouldn't mind getting rid of them. I prefer cats, we usually keep a couple outside but allow them to come in sometimes. They ran away when we got the dogs, lol.

Welcome Amy, glad to meet you. I'm Crystal, 27 yo sahm of 3; almost 4. Alisa will be 6 in a couple of weeks, Ally is 3, Andrew is 21 months and I'm due Feb. 1st with #4. Having a sono next week to find out what it is. This is the last one, dh gets his vasectomy TODAY!!! I live in Texas and homeschool Alisa. Hope you stick around and you WILL find the support you need and want and a few friends along the way.

Penny, I can't take dh, I don't have a sitter. I was hoping his mom would offer to watch them, but she has to watch them next Tuesday so I can go to the doc so she never offered. But that's okay, she's taking him and driving him home. I know, I know, weird to have your mom take you to get a vasectomy, but not for his family. So glad you are okay from Ivan and hope you had a good night.

Cindi, hope Christian is doing better today. Hope those storms are gone.

Leigh, so glad dh will be home. It looks like next week he'll be headed out again because of Jeanne, but we'll hope and pray not.

Hello to Mel, Michelle, Jill, Spryng, Jaymi, Angel, Cheri, Deana, Ricci, Geri and everyone else out there. Wish everyone a great day.

We are gonna clean mom's and do school but the time we do it ALL depends on Andrew and when he wakes up this morning. So I'm sure I'll be back around in a little while. Mil will be here around 8 to pick up dh and I'm gonna try to have breakfast ready so she can eat if she wants. I'll talk to you all later.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:06 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Crystal,
Hope all goes well with dh. Is he a big baby when he gets sick? I am worried about my dh having his done and crying for me to wait on him hand and foot.....lol

AMY WELCOME!!!! I'm so happy you joined us! The only problem is that these beautiful ladies are chatty chatty.....lol So check in often today.....lol We are glad to have you!

Well I log out and ya'll chat a few minutes after that.....lol I could not keep my eyes opened any longer.....lol

Have a great morning! I definetely need a flylady challenge today and I am gonna challenge myself to another
100oz of water today!!!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:25 AM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Penny, dh can be and said he's going to be, but we'll see about that. I'll have to do all I can to keep kids away from him. They are always climbing in his chair and jumping on him wanting him to play and he's gonna lay around and watch boring movies and expect the kids to stay quiet, so I'll have my hands full.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!

Ok, first of all, my WI... I'm only up 1/2 lb from what my siggy says!!!!! I'm psyked about that because I was up to 127.5 the other day after all my terrible eating when dh was home. So most of that is gone and that 1/2 lbs will be gone this week, I know it!!
Today I will be gone most of the morning. My usual friday grocery day and I also get to buy the Sims 2!!!! I'm so excited about it! So if I am MIA, lol... it's because I'm addicted. So just call me and tell me to get off the computer!!
I guess I missed Penny's questions yesterday: we only have one animal... a fish (siamese fighting fish, or beta as they are called) a bright deep red one named Flame that my dh drives me crazy about because he calls him fire, lol. Just to tease me of course.

Penny, what are you up today? besides flylady stuff, lol.

Crystal, if I remember right you didn't sleep great before your pregnancy but I'm sure now that you are expecting it's even harder to get comfortable and all that. Are you a belly sleeper? I am and when I'm pregnant I'm miserable at night because I couldn't roll onto my stomach. I don't think it is weird your MIL is driving your dh today Michelle had a party when her dh went in! LOL.. invited family from out of town and everything! LOL! It was a family event, lol. I hope they got lots of great footage on film, lol.

Welcome Amy!!! I am Spryng, mother of 3 (4,3,1) been married 6 years now and I'm 24 so we are close in age I look forward to getting to know you better and post often ok?

Geri, so glad you got to chat with me last night (lol ) it was great fun!! Along with the rest of you that talked about me when I left, LOL!!

Deana, so was spring hill fun? I've always drove past it and never stopped in. That restuarant sounds delicious though!!! But I'll pass on the sour kraut, lol.

Leigh, every year I tell myself I need a storm supply box that has flashlights, a heater, blankets, etc for winter but I never get around to actually doing it and then we get hit by a winter storm and I'm forced to go to my MIL because they are prepared, lol. So I know how you feel. So glad your lights came back on and your dh will be home today!!! My dh will be home this upcoming thursday!

Ok, I think I am caught up, lol. Guess I'll get off here and get around so I can leave. Have a great friday all!!! Let's make a commitment to stay OP this weekend ok? how about a challenge?? I'm there if you are! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:32 AM   #6  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Good early morning guys! Damn dogs are barking outside my window and I can't stand it so I got up to check here and see if they will stop! That has to bet the most annoying thing ever!! So to answer your question Penny LOL I have to Rotties named Banks and Jayde. Before we had the baby we spent time with them but now with Bayley I feel bad cuz all they do is hang out by themselves and destroy the backyard. I think we might take them to the humane society so they can get some owner that will give them some attention. We also have a cat names Mulan and I have two freshwater tropical fish tanks. One tank is 30 gallons and has all my big fish and the other is 20 gallons and I had to set it up cuz one of my fish had babies and the other were eating them!! YUCK anyone want some cichlids? I have tons and need to get rid of them!! Anyway those are my animals! LOL

Ok so I'm tired again and I think I will go to bed. I'll get personal when I get up again! LOL TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:41 AM   #7  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Default Tgif......not!!!!!

It's Friday but that isn't good here. This is dh's weekend to work all 3 nights. Tomorrow is our Country Fair Day and tonight is the Youth Parade. Andrew, Matthew and I are in the Youth Parade for Color Guard (carrying the flags and leading the parade), then Erik, my oldest is in Color Guard tomorrow and has other things he has to do for scouts in the morning. Tomorrow morning is the games for kids so we'll be going in for that. Thank goodness it's only 3 miles from home.

Welcome Amy. I'm Deana, sahm to Erik 16, Andrew 8, Matthew 7 and Abby 4. I'm 36, almost 37 so I'm like the second oldest here, behind Geri of course.....no offense Geri, love ya girly. Definitely check in several times a day or you will be totally lost....these girls can really talk. .

Well I have to take Abby to get her chicken pox shot this morning. Dh gets to go with us, so she will be braver since he will be there. She is good about them anyway, but she is such a Daddy's girl it will help. Then she has school today....YEAH!!!

Spryng: Spring Hill was ok, we just went to where we needed to then stopped in a Casey's to use the bathroom....water you know. We didn't really look around much. The restaurant at Cabela's was ok. I think the burgers that dd and dh had were probably better than what I had. They were fresh off the grill and flame broiled. They looked good, but I didn't dare. I ate bad enough as it was. And who said we talked about you after you left? Were you spying on us?

Crystal: Hope dh's vas goes good and he's not too much to take care of.

Michelle: what can I say? Timing is everything......

Jill and Kristin: Thanks for the chat last night, even though I stayed up wayyyyyyy too late.....it was a blast.

Well I better get ready to go, dh is in changing out of his hunting clothes so we can go in about half an hour. I'll be back later.

QOTD: I ahd a really good one and now I can't remember it (old age creeping up on me....and mom brain ) So this will have to do.....Coffee? yes or no and how....black, with cream, with sugar or both? With flavored creamer, usually hazelnut, and Splenda. I have a theory about people who can drink black ocffee, like my dh, they burnt their tongue when it was too hot and they can't really taste it.....

See you all later.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:43 AM   #8  
SAHM, HSM

Morning, Ladies! I hope all's well with everyone today - and it's Friday!

Crystal - good luck with you dh, and I hope today goes as well as yesterday did. When dh has his procedure done, we're shipping the kids off to my Mom's (which will actually be across the street by then!) for the Saturday after - but when they're here, I've already told him that he'll have to lock himself in the bedroom. I won't be able to keep all these kids and animals under control, so he'll need to go hide out. He has this heavy brass bell that he can ring if he needs me!

Penny - We have too many pets (all inside)...it's always just crazy around here, kids everywhere screaming and yelling, neighborhood kids in and out at all times, dogs chasing cats, cat chasing cat, it's just a zoo!
Oscar - Peke Mix - 3yo
Angel - black cat - 4yo
Duke - large terrier mix - 6yo
??? - 4 month old kitten - still no name, youngest son bought her for $4
without permission - she and Oscar are best buds

Deana - Hi! I saw the post about you having a naked picture of Erik to use against him, now I know his age! Lol! I love antique malls, hope you enjoyed yourself! Do you collect anything?

Geri - When we went to the consultation the nurse gave us the typical info to read before the doc comes in. While he was reading his, I glanced at him - his eyes were so big, and I asked "What are you protecting yourself for? You're just reading a brochure!" Lol - subconciously his hand went down to cover himself while he was reading, he didn't even realize he did it! When he asked if I'd do it if I were him, I told him "3 childbirths and yours is a 15 min. procedure?? At least you get to take pain medicine, and don't even get me started about the hemmoroids!" He got mad at me too!

Cheri - Oh, Jones House!! Yes maam, delicious!! Is your family still in this area?

Leigh - yes, power was out from about 2-6. We were expecting power loss again last night, but the alarm went off this morning so we were spared. Our dogs were on edge all day yesterday too, so they spent a good bit of time in their crates. It took me forever to round up batteries and the flashlights - the kids take the flashlights and use them as microphones even though we have 2 real ones (???).

Amy - welcome! I'm new here too. I'm Emily, SAM/HS mom to Brad, Mike, and Grace. Everyone's been so great, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself!

Jill - what have you got planned for Bayley's 1st birthday?!

Today after the kids get their schoolwork done, we're going to my parent's house to take pictures for flyers, then help pack some more boxes. We've been packing up stuff for the last 2 months so there really isn't much to do, but knowing there's only 2 weeks left, we feel crunch-time coming!! I still have to call and arrange movers, change utilities, and make sure the builder gets the house finished before appraisal (all that's really left is carpet, painting, change some lighting, and some minor repair work).

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! You are all such a great group of ladies, thank you for welcoming me into your group!

-Emily
AuntieEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:43 AM   #9  

BTW I posted pics on the website if anyone cares to look. Just never mind the one of my fat body, it's embarrassing, that's why I'm dieting.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:44 AM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Spryng, I am very much a belly sleeper. That's usually the ONLY way I can sleep and at times I can still lay on my belly but not for long, it's like I'm laying on a giant grapefruit. I honestly thought about having a vasectomy party too. Isn't that funny. I am sooooooo excited about it today. Dh said he was alittle nervous this morning but I can imagine. So in the next hour it will be done.
Andrew slept until 815, can't believe that, so we're gonna head out shortly to clean mom's house. Then we'll be back to take care of the big baby, lol.
Okay, going to clean the kitchen quickly. TTYL
Old 09-17-2004, 09:48 AM   #11  

Emily: The antique mall was ok. I ended up sitting with dd to let her have some ice cream while we waited for daddy. I collect anything with wolves on it. They are such beautiful creatures and sooooo misunderstood. Way too funny about your dh's reaction to literature. I never got the joy of that, I was the one who ended the chances of having another, after 4 kids.
Hope you have a great day as well.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:50 AM   #12  

QOTD--- no coffee for me please... it can smell so good but why does it taste so bad!? lol.. never liked it at all, can't even stand a cappucino because I can taste the coffee in it. Of course whiskey is like that for me too... too strong I guess unless it's a mixed drink and I can't really taste it. Well, you weren't asking that, lol

Deana, yes I was spying on you!! LOL! No, Kristin pm'ed me and told me about those lovely movies you all wanted me to star in, lol. So obviously I was on your mind after I left, lol.

Emily, are you moving far away?

Crystal, I hope everything goes great today! I would be excited about it too if I were expecting my 4th, lol. Good luck! and I hope he heals fast.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:52 AM   #13  

Deana it's so nice to put a face to your name now!!! I think that picture is going to be a wonderful before picture, you have a great looking family!! thanks for sharing them!

Ok, I've got to get dressed now, my favorite jeans are in the dryer so I've been waiting on them. TTYL!
Old 09-17-2004, 09:53 AM   #14  
SAHM, HSM

Default Spryng

Morning to you too, Spryng! You slipped in as I was posting!
Have you played any of the Tycoon games? They're fun and addictive as well. Gracie especially loves Zoo Tycoon with the dinosaurs when they escape and go after the guests (Lol, should I be worried about her?!?!)

I'm actually moving my parents - they've both had many health problems this past year, so we all decided that it would be a good idea to have them move closer. When looking in the area, my parents decided on the house across the street!! Which is good, because I love them dearly, as does my dh. Dad's doing OK now, Mom's been through a bit more. She had cancer (praise God she's clear), but many complications due to it - surgery, 6 blood transfusions, 1 platelet transfusion, kidney failure. Our goal was to get her moved before she starts dialysis, which is probably going to start in November.

-Emily

Last edited by AuntieEm; 09-17-2004 at 10:01 AM. Reason: addition
AuntieEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:56 AM   #15  
SAHM of 3

QOTD: coffee, coffee, coffee YES, YES, YES. About 3 cups and I usually take the first and sometimes second with flavored French Vanilla creamer and the last I take black. It's not my favorite to take it black and I usually don't finish that cup but I enjoy it.
Okay, gotta go.