South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 02:35 PM   #1  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Default Phase I over again

We had a family emergency and I have been at the hospital with my dad and mom, dad nearly died. He had an anuerysm rupture and survived (very rare.) Everything is going really well now and he should be fine but during the stress I did not eat well when I did eat and I gained 3.5 lbs (still down 21.5) but knew I would need to just do Phase I over again. So beginning that tomorrow, I need to buy groceries today but will just try to eat the best I can today and get my water down. My offical begin again day will be tomorrow though.

I am also planning on joining in the daily chat thread to give and get support and get to know some of you. I have a long ways to go and I am not quitting now because of a set back. Off to work, hope everyone has a really great day on the beach.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:42 PM   #2  

Bunna, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad but it sounds like he is doing better. You're doing the best thing to just start again.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Bunna-

So sorry to hear about your dad but glad everything is going to be OK.

There are several of us who restarted Phase 1 a couple days ago (see a couple threads down about restarting Phase 1). You've already done so well...just jump back on and get started again! You can do it!
Old 09-15-2004, 03:37 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I restarted Phase 1 myself because lately I've been kind of in a funk and even though I haven't eaten totally off plan, I've had a few items that were so not on plan. In the last 3 or 4 months, during TOM, I haven't had cravings or bad PMS or anything. This month is different, I've been having bad headaches, moodiness, bad cramps and unbelieveable cravings. I went to the store the other day and actually put a half gallon of low carb ice cream in my cart (I live alone so this isn't good), I then coerced myself to buy a pint of low carb ben and jerry's (ingredients looked fairly good, but still it was ice cream) instead. I'll admit it was good and I felt no guilt but the next day I realized it was my TOM that was causing these cravings and I need to just start phase 1 again to get myself back on track.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:56 PM   #5  

So sorry to hear about your dad and hope he continues to recover well. Sounds like he had at least one watching over him.

Climb back on P1, I started yesterday after a month of family ups and downs had gotten the best of me. Let's climb out together!!
Old 09-15-2004, 04:32 PM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

Bunna - Best wishes to dad and the family, but remember to take care of yourself, too. You can't be getting sick to add to the stress. Glad to hear that your dad is improving. You are right, it is rare to survive an aneurysm..you are all so fortunate.

AND I must send my congratulations to you for not letting the stress get the best of your eating plan. You are right, when you encounter set-backs like that, you must deal with the issue, then right back to the eating plan. WTG and we will be there to support. Take care.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:08 PM   #7  

hi bunna hop right back on!!! i did after several months, and i am totally committed again. sorry to hear about your dad, hope he continues to improve!!
Old 09-15-2004, 09:52 PM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie
I then coerced myself to buy a pint of low carb ben and jerry's (ingredients looked fairly good, but still it was ice cream) instead.
Hey, so is Carb Karma good? I know it's ice cream and I can't have it.....I'm just..... wondering.....
Old 09-15-2004, 11:05 PM   #9  
Believe it & Achieve it

((((((((((((((((Bunna)))))))))))))))))

Glad to hear your dad survived and is doing o.k. My thoughts are with you and your family right now.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:13 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Weezle, Carb Karma is good ice cream but oh so bad. 160 calories per 1/2 cup, way over the 75 calorie per day allotment
Old 09-16-2004, 01:13 AM   #11  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Thanx for the encouragement and good thoughts for my family.

All ready to get back on the beach in the a.m. Ice cream, so far they haven't come up with a good one for us darn it. I love ice cream.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:50 AM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Bunna... ... thank God your dear Dad is alright. You and your Mom must have been terribly frightened. I'll be saying prayers that he recovers quickly.

And you're on the right track with your attitude... you can do this, girl!
Old 09-16-2004, 04:52 PM   #13  

i'm very sorry about your father, i hope things get better <3
Closed Thread