Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-16-2004, 03:32 PM   #1  
Nathalie

S/C/G: 200/197/170

Default Help!!!!

I am a 27 year old mother of 2. I have in the past 3 years gained 35 pounds! While in that time I had both of my beautiful daughters. I didn't really mean to aquire the extra weight as well. I have noticed that I have been binging a lot lately and it scares me. I have always fought with my weight for as long as I can remember but now it is getting to a point where I feel like I can't fight any more or just don't know how. I am currently finishing nursing my daughter. I have about a month or 2 left. I need some advice or something. I just can't continue on this path or I will never beable to stop. Can anybody help????????? Please Any advice would be greatly appreciated.......
cameronnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:10 PM   #2  

I know exactly how you feel. I also have always fought with my weight and in fact have serious binging problems as well. I am still struggling actually, but some things that sometimes help, or at least postpone my binges are 1)I go for a 10 minute walk first, that takes your mind off it and gets your endorphines up a little so that maybe you wont want to binge when you finish 2) do anything to take your mind off food, write a letter, read a book, play a game 3) keep pictures of yourself the way you want to look around and lastly and most important dont beat yourself up...we all have moments of weakness, dont dwell on it, move on and try harder next time. I know for me, the worst thing for me is too still be feeling guilty about a binge 3 days after the fact. Good luck and hang in there, you can do it!
Cindy219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 08:51 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

I've binged in the past. I mostly did it when I was depressed. After I worked out the emotional issues, I still had problems with overeating, but not like before. I've done ok since then, and developed better eating habits when I started to exercise regularly. The urge is much less now.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote