Old 09-10-2004, 11:51 AM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 37

Dang, Week 37 already? I can't believ we are go far into this year.

So, I think we are all pretty much right on track with our goals. We all seem to be having great motivation and really enthused to be on this journey together!

Here is a refresher of my goals:

Short Term Goal: Be under 200 pounds by my birthday week weigh in, on November 3. That is a total of 8 weigh ins.

Mid Term Goal: Be at 190 by the end of the year, 16 weigh ins a week. Right along with my goal range.

Long Term Goal: Be at 170 at February 9 weigh in.

Goal Goal: Be at 150 by June 1

I feel great about being back 100% on program with WW. I had a great week last week, so I feel like I should have a wonderful one this week. I know I can do this, if I set my goals around 2 pounds a week. I think it's doable.

We have been saying nice things about ourselves, so this week lets turn the tables:

Lets say something nice/something we admire about our fellow posters on this thread. I'll start.

Jolly: I admire your determination. Since I've known you on this website, you've gone through a lot and been missing sometimes, but you have not let that fail you and you have struggled back through all of it! Your determination and will power to succeed inspires me.

Dan: I think your dedication to your family is incredible. When Eric was sick, you could just tell from what your wrote and said how much you cared about your family, and through it all you were a dad and husband first. And I love the way you talk about your wife!

Connie: It's amazing to me that even with a larger amount of pounds to lose, you are committed to it. You just keep plugging away at it, even through ups and downs you just keep going. You don't let the big number deter you from your goal. Most people would just be overwhelmed by it, but you just consider it something you have to do and do it.

Lucky: Even though we don't get to hear from you often, when you pop in, your attitude is always up and you don't seem to let a lot get you down. I know you have had a lot going on, with your accident and your daughter, but your attitude is so great about everything and you just seem to always see the positive.

Chequita: Okay, so we miss you! But, when you were posting with us, I loved how excited you were about seeing your family, who you hadn't seen since you had lost weight. That was one of my big goals too, as I haven't seen my family and friend in Oregon in about 1 1/2 years. And the fact that we had the same goal--to fit on the rollercoasters. I also admire how much you are involved with your church. Hard to find a lot of people who talk about that these days!

Okay, on with this week. I just know it's going to be a great one!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:52 PM   #2  

Hi all. Just a quick post. I am all excited, as I am making plans towards getting Lasik surgery in February. It is expensive, and I will have to get a part time job through next year to cover it, but it will hopefully be worth it.

My goals - to be at or below 225 by my birthday. To be under 200 by the end of January 2005. To reach goal weight by summer 2005. I hope to be able to really get ahead on my finances with this part time job as well. If it is easy to do it with everything else, I hope to continue it longer, to help with my house buying goal.

Chachee, I love your sense of humor, and your stability. Dan, I admire your dedication to your family and self. Connie, I love your enthusiasm. Lucky, I admire how you balance your family and everything else in your life. Chequita - we miss you.

Have a great weekend all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 09:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

I would add to all that has already been said how grateful I am that all of you welcomed me back with open arms after I had been away for so long. The progress that you made during my own period of personal failure is an inspiration to me and has helped put me back on track - and for that I will always be grateful.
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 07:06 AM   #4  

Danny, this is a journey. Some of us take more side trips than others. It is the eventual destination that matters. How fast you reach that destination is up to you. There is not one of us who hasn't stopped to check out the REALLY good tourist traps along the way. You are always welcome. I can say from experience, staying away from here when you feel like you would bring everyone down, or don't want to say how badly you are doing DOESN'T WORK. It just slows the process even more. Keep plugging away. You are thinking about it, and working at it, and that is something to applaud.

Have a great weekend all.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 05:55 PM   #5  

so, so true Jolly.

I had a rough weekend. I was feeling really lousy - just a bad cold, but it was keeping me from sleeping. I did manage to take a nice long walk with Linda and the dog late Saturday afternoon, but other than that, I really just layed around all weekend.

And, I ate things that I should not. Bad stuff. Like potato chips. And pizza. But, it wasn't nearly as bad as a typical bad day used to be for me. I shouldn't have had any chips, and I probably had about 400 calories worth. But, I am fully capable of eating a whole big bag at a sitting -- and I stopped way short of that. And I had probably less than 1/2 of the pizza that I ordinarily would have. In fact, I think I may even have still lost weight -- just not nearly as fast as I had been losing it. I still think I'll have a good weigh-in on Wednesday, and today I am completely back on track w/ WW Core. I'm just going to cut back on the flex points until weigh-in - - no more than 2-3/day.

I took Eric to the doctor's this morning. There was no protein in his urine (although he is still showing blood). The dr. doesn't want to see him again for 9 months. This confirms that his disease is either holding steady or, at worse, progressing extremely slowly. It was very reassuring. He still doesn't fully understand it, though - - he asked me if he was going to have kidney problems for his whole life. I explained that he would, but that the Dr. did not think that it was going to create any serious problems for him, but that he was going to have to keep seeing a Dr. for his whole life just to make sure. Sigh.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:35 PM   #6  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Everyone.

I've been really busy, but trying to stay OP.

It's TOM/PMS week, so the scale isn't moving. Not that I expected it to a lot with that huge loss last week. I'll be happy to maintain not only my food urges, but also my weight.

Dan, I'm glad Eric is doing well. I hate it's something lifelong for him, but at least he knows about it and can deal with it appropriately now.

Jolly, how did WI go? I loved your analogy of the weight loss journey!

Happy Tuesday

Chach
Old 09-15-2004, 11:57 AM   #7  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Good morning, all.

I am up 0.5 this morning, but you know what? I don't care because it's TOM and I have done amazingly well, considering all the cravings I haven't given into.

I probably used about 10 more points than is allowed on Core, but I'll do better next week.

Hope everyone is doing well and I'll let you all know how WI went tomorrow.

Chach
Old 09-16-2004, 12:11 PM   #8  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello All, if there is anyone out there.

I was up one pound from last week, but it’s TOM for me, so I don’t really care.

I wonder where everyone is and hope you are all doing okay.

Happy Thursday.

Chach
Old 09-16-2004, 03:01 PM   #9  

Hi, Chach.

My weigh-in was yesterday, and I was down 4.8, for a total loss of 10.4 in 2 weeks.

I provoked a small ruckus, though. I was the only man at the meeting (that is 3 for 3, BTW). I volunteered my weekly and total losses, and the woman sitting 3 seats to my right cajoles, "Well, of course he lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks - he's a guy!" So, the leader asks why men lose easier than women, and someone else yells, "Because he has a wife who does the cooking for him!" The leader says that they don't know if that's true, and asked me if I was married. So, I said that yes, I was married, but that I also did the shopping and the cooking.

Well, that tidbit earned me a platinum star for my bookmark!

I really think that one reason that there are so few men at WW is that they are singled out for so much attention. Not all of us can handle that!

Chach - Good for you for not despairing your small gain. In addition to it being TOM, you also should look at this week together with the last one - who wouldn't take an avg 5lb/week loss over 2 weeks? A little rebound after your magnificent prior week isn't surprising.

I leave early tomorrow for San Diego. I'm hoping to keep on track during the trip - and it won't be easy.

Be well,

Dan
Old 09-17-2004, 02:45 PM   #10  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Going to set up new thread now

Chach