Old 09-15-2004, 07:56 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms #247

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 14 mo. Weight Watchers and a bit of South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. WW Core Plan is my way of life.

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:08 AM   #2  

Well, good morning ladies! I hope you are all well this morning.

First off I would like to tell CINDI that my prayers are with your family today while Christian is having his surgery.

Secondly, I would like to says that additional prayers are with all of you in reach of this terrible hurricane. I hope this thing just disapates, or goes back to sea. I pray you are all safe and sound.

Today is going to be errands and getting the house in order. Abigail needs some stuff for school and I need to stop at shopRite for something, but right now I can't remember what. The brain isn't working yet! Bugga woke last night, but didn't. I heard him and when I went in, he was dreaming. Wouldn't let me pick him up or anything. When he did wake from the dream, he was of course "THIRSTY" . We will see what happens tonight. I have a feeling it's going to help. Otherwise, I will have to leave 3 cups of water in his room to drink. I'm tired of getting up and he doesn't understand enough yet tell him no drinking at night.

Crystal, I wanted to tell you that I found these flash cards at toys r us for Patrick. THe are feel and learn colors and shapes...made by scholastic. He loves them. They have different animals and other figures/objects in many different colors. In addition to that the rabbit feels fuzzy on one spot, the orange feels like an orange on one spot and the sail and the boat feels like canvas. Everything attracts the eye and the hand. Really neat. Just thought I'd let you know, you might find them useful at some point.

Hello to everyone I didn't get personal with. I will later on I promise.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:14 AM   #3  

just two of the pictures taken at JCP 2 weeks ago..They are not good quality, but it's from the photos by wire.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:14 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Morning Ladies....

I've been up since about 3 am glued to the tv. As for now, the hurricane is still directed straight at us... But the satelitte teams are saying that if the front keeps moving that it will turn Ivan at the last minute.... so only time will tell

We are already starting to feel some mild wind and rain but nothing much yet.

Sorry not to address anyone this morning but I am not sure how much longer we will have lights ..

I am thinking of you all!!!!

Have a great day,
Penny
Old 09-15-2004, 08:17 AM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Mel,
Those pics are just beautiful!!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!
Old 09-15-2004, 08:29 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

Smile Confusing Wednesday

Okay, you ladies just confused me like crazy. I came on and saw two new threads today, one by mel and one by penny. So I go to mel's, (it was first in line and had one post), and after I read the post I click go advanced to post and it says it's invalid, invalid, so I x out of that and come back and click on the first one not realizing it's penny's thread and now I see penny on it and not mel, but mel's post is there, the same one I read. I had to x out of it again and come back and then realized what had happened. Wow, it's too early for that kind of confusion.
Anyways, Good Morning.

Mel, thanks for the tip about those flash cards. I know that feel and learn things can be GREAT. I may have to try some for Ally. Hope you get your errands done today.

Spryng, sorry you were so pooped yesterday. I know it's the bc pills, but it sounds like you're pregnant. LOL

Kristin, glad you got to see your friend. I don't have any of those, I mean you gals, but no one to SEE.

Micehlle, sorry you had to work last night. Hope you got sleep afterwards.

Penny, are you evacuating yet? Are you going to have to? You're in my prayers.

Jill, hope you got some sleep.

Leigh, you too. Hope keeping Liam awake helped him sleep. That's what you've got to do sometimes. Andrew knows to tell me when he's sleepy and wants to go night night, but half the time it's not really night night time and I have to tell him no. Crazy, huh?

I'm doing better. Dh and I talked. He noticed something was wrong and asked and I told him that I really didn't want to tell him right now. And this went on for a bit. He said, I'm gonna take a shower and when I get out we can talk. Then he got out and asked to talk, but I wanted to soak in the bath, so he said okay, after your bath, we'll meet for our "lovers" meeting, LOL! So we met up in bed and I made him promise not to get mad and not to insult me that these were just my thoughts and opinions and I was going to say it all the way I wanted and he better not try to hurry me up.
SO................................I told him that I realized I was changing and I didn't want to build, or live here, or live in the country and I was thinking about putting Alisa in school.
He does NOT want to buy a home, or live in town, or move. He feels secure here and here we will have alot of equity in our home even right after it's built. He says he doesn't care if I put Alisa in school, but it will have to be this school district, which I refuse. He says, she'll grow out of this separation anxiety stage. And maybe she will, but WHEN. At home, she's not having to learn to. Now he doesn't want to build since I don't want to, but he won't move either. It's not that he was mad about it, but I want this and that and he wants that and this. Totally different. He said, so what, we don't build. And I said, NO that's not it. This has been the plan from the beginning and I say yes we build especially if he's not up to moving. So I feel better that he knows how I feel even though nothing is going to change. There is this small christian private school less than 5 minutes down the road, but it's like over $100 a month and we can't afford that at all. My mil offered to pay 1/2 if we could pay half and when she refinances her house she'd give me enough for a year, but I don't want her to do that. Dh has a problem paying such a high price when I can do it at home, but I'm going to check into anyways. Nonetheless, I do feel better literally. I feel like getting up and getting some things done around here. And if the bank says yes, we'll know by next week, then we'll build and I'll love it and enjoy it and be happy. I will get to alot of decorating, I don't think I'll be too sad about that.
So there you have it.
Now I've got to get school prepared and TTYL.
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:52 AM   #7  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good morning ladies.

Ok Michelle, here's the tuna patty recipe:

4 - 6.5 oz cans tuna, drained
2 - eggs
1 - sleeve saltine crackers, crushed
1 Tbs garlic salt
1 Tbs cracked pepper
8 Tbs any BBQ sauce

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Make patties with hands and fry in skillet with non-stick spray, on medium heat til browned on both sides. I sometimes also chop onion to put in them but didn't feel like it last night.
Makes 8 patties.

I think that's pretty clear. Any questions just ask.

Dh will be home in a few, then off to bed, dd has preschool today, need to run to the store and get stuff for company and supper tonight. Also need to finish my kitchen and work on laundry some more.

I will get personal later. Know that I am thinking about you all as you endure your day. Especially Cindi with Christian's suregery and Penny with the hurricane.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 09:44 AM   #8  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone I'm up because baby got up and needed her pacifier and I wanted to get online and check out the hurricane situation. Not going to make this too long yet but wanted to tell Penny that I hope the hurricane does turn at the last minute (of course I'm sure everyone hopes that!) and to say that Crystal I'm soooooooooooooooooooooo glad you talked to dh!!! Good for you!! You should check in on shcolarships for Alisa, I know around here there's not many places that you couldn't get a scholarship for ANYTHING. Check into it, it's always worth a try. With your current situation I'm sure you would qualify. Anyway that's it's for now, I'll be up later to chat more. Keep me posted on the hurricane Penny if you have power. TTYL
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:03 AM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Hi all. Trying to get the kitchen cleaned from breakfast and these kids are KILLING me. I'm going crazy in this small house. My desk and computer area is in the livingroom and when one kid comes over then the others think they get to and then everyone's getting into my stuff and messing with things and DRIVING me crazy. In a big house I could have this computer area AWAY from everywhere. The girls have no where to go to get away from Andrew and he messes up everything they are doing. They wanted to go outside and it had rained last night so the ground is soaking wet. I told them to stay on the porch and Alisa knows that whatever she does he does. And I said if anyone gets off the porch then EVERYbody comes in. And she only got off and stepped onto a chair, well Andrew gets off so I make all of them come back in and it's the end of the world. I've already screamed at the top of my lungs enough times to give me a headache.
Sorry to go on like that.
Jill, glad you got some sleep.
TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:05 AM   #10  
Walking away the weight

Good morning gals! Boy do I feel crappy I don't know if it's the weather fron coming in with Ivan or what, but I have a really bad sinus headache. What's weird is, I had one last week too, but I almost never get headaches, so it's weird.

Penny- oh, I've been thinking of you all the time, wondering if you're going to evacuate. DH is still in Mobile, but 7 or more miles inland, in a hotel he swears is sturdy and has withstood previous hurricanes. I'm still nervous. My Avon has not arrived yet, but I can't wait. I bought a bunch of ANEW stuff. The main thing I'm curious about is the retinol treatment I got. I've heard that it works well at clearing up minor blemishes as well as smoothing fine lines

Cindi- my prayers are with Christian and your family today!

Geri- I also thought it was incredible how Lori's mother is still close with Mark's family. That takes so much maturity of spirit or something.

Spryng- hope you got good sleep.

Kristin- I know what you mean- when I first read the Allie web page, I cried and cried

Jill- hope you made it out of the bathroom long enough to get some sleep

Michelle- are you still enjoying your job?

Melissa- thanks for your hurricane prayers I'll be so happy when this crazy season is over and DH is home safely. Glad the Maloxx/Mylanta (which is it?) seems to be working. Love those photos!!

Crystal- I'm so glad you talked to DH and feel better. At least you said how you feel and got it off your chest. Now he knows how you feel and can maybe take some of it into consideration. I wonder if a nearby church even has like an activity or something Alisa can go to once a week or more, just to have her interact with others her age and practice being away from you.

Deana- I may need to try that recipe!

Hey, have you guys seen that Sheraton commercial where they have that man singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"? He signs it in sort of a folk-rock type style. I just love that song and was wondering if he's one of those children's singers. I thought if he has a CD out maybe I'd get it for me and Liam to listyen to.

Anyway, TTYL.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:09 AM   #11  

Just so you all know, Penny and I did start a post at the same time this morning. I deleted mine so that it wouldn't be too confusing. Sorry, Crystal.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:45 AM   #12  
2BoysMom

Good morning ladies

Michelle, I missed you too!! Why the heck are you working so much? I thought it was only going to be parttime? I'm only working Friday this week. I saw that story about the idiot too. Thank God the baby was OK!

Mel... glad you got some sleep last night! The pictures are wonderful.

Leigh and Penny...hope you and yours are all safe! They're saying the hurricane force winds can be felt over 100 miles from the eye and now there's another tropical storm Jeanne out there! When will it end?? Penny... what are you still doing there?? How far away from the coast are you?
Leigh..hope the headache goes away soon. I don't get them much either...always the sinus ones though.

Crystal..and I thought I was the only one who screamed and screamed at her kids . Dr Phil has a new series about family relationships this season...he showed lots of parents just screaming at their kids and I felt bad...but then Will and I were arguing again this morning . Whatcha gonna do?? Glad you talked to dh..but I'm confused...now you'll be happy building again??

Jill... have you stopped peeing yet?? Between my coffee and water in the am I have the same problem.

Spryng... are you feeling well rested this morning? I never got sick or tired from bc pills. Never even heard of it. Maybe you need something else or is this just a phase in the beginning?

OK, gotta run..both boys need a diaper change . I'll be back sometime later today.

Hi to all.....love ya!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:46 AM   #13  
2BoysMom

Ooops...boys will have to wait a sec... Cindi...thinking of you and Christian today and wanted to congratulate you on your exercise!!!
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!

Well Tanner didn't wake up until 8:15 this morning so I got a good nights sleep but yet I'm still dragging, lol. Crystal you are right, I DO feel pregnant even though I know I'm not. I always hate the beginning of BC pills... makes me feel so out of it.
So after I eat breakfast today I plan on getting some housework done (hopefully by then I have some energy) Dinner tonight will be Garlic Lime Chicken, what do you all have planned?

Leigh, isn't Ivan suppose to hit GA too? Are you going to be safe also? This hurricane is really scaring me. DH should be in Florida (orlando) tonight so he should be safe. I hope so.

Crystal, I'm so glad you got to talk to your dh. Even though not much will change because of it it's always important they hear your thoughts, you know? And what exactly is wrong with the public schools there??

Jill, enjoy the rest of the your morning sleep! Wish it was me!! Glad you enjoyed that recipe, it's one of my favorites. Can you post some of those pics on your digital camcorder on the net? I would love to see some! I need to get some of mine uploaded today.

Deana, hope you have a great dinner tonight!

Penny I truly hope you and your family is safe! Are you thinking about evacuating?? I think you should!

Melissa, cute pictures!!! Your little boy is a doll!

Michelle, I hope to get a call from you when you are on one of your days off!

Kristin, sounds like you had a nice visit with your friend. That is always nice.

Well I better get some food in me. TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Geri, you snuck in on me! Yes BC pills can give you all the early symptoms of pregnancy when you first start taking them... and boy do I have them, LOL. And I've been watching that new series on Dr. Phil too and it makes me want to buy his new book because I yell alot too and I hate it because it doesn't work. But I know Dr. Phil doesn't believe in spankings and I do so I wonder how that would fit in with his plan for families. Hmmm....

Well I'm starving so I'll TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote