Without it feeling like a heavy chore

Our "need vs want", we battle each day
Cheering eachother on, along the way
Friends by fate walking hand in hand
Acceptance for all is the law of our land

Join us anytime you feel like being apart
Stay for a while and share your inner heart
We dont judge and we dont squabble
So come on in, we wont mind if you wabble.

Last edited by LauraLynn; 09-24-2004 at 07:21 PM.

Old 09-13-2004, 06:23 PM   #2  
Samantha

Love the poem, LauraLynn, very creative! Today is alright, am having problems with people at work tempting me...why do they do that????? Asking me if I want to order out, etc. GRRRR....
Old 09-13-2004, 06:44 PM   #3  

Hi Everyone Glad that you are finding the room.And yes Laura thank you.I have done good today so far.I got up at 4am and did 20 minute of biking and rowing.Taht felt good.I also wore my pedometer today and have done 8288 steps as we speak.Yesterday I thought I would be smart and cook a zuccini and walnut loaf and stupid me left pans in the oven as it was preheating and when I took them out after the smoke was all over the kitchen I turned the oven off as a reflex thing and lol the loaf was still raw 20 minutes later.It tastes really good but isn't very high.I planned my menu out on saturday and my meals and it is going good so far.I have statyed within my points and have been drinking my water.My snack at night which is my downfall has been ice cream bars that I made myself from ww and are they good.So that keeps me going for now.I hope everyone is staying on track and Samantha when they order out at work what I do is if you know ahead of time I make my lunch the same thing but it looks so much better and you feel better for it.The girls at work know that I am trying to lose weight so they offer but no pressure.I hope this helps
Old 09-13-2004, 07:07 PM   #4  
Samantha

Thanks for the support. One girl in particular is one of those people that you hate because she eats all day long and is super skinny. I don't know why but she is the one who is constantly like "Hey Sam, do you want the rest of my Chicken Express? Hey Sam, do you want the rest of my french fries? Hey Sam, do you want the rest of my potato chips?" GRRRR Maybe she is nervous that one day I will look better than her!!!! HA that would be great!
Anyways, I have been known to do some pretty stupid things with the oven myself, never have prided myself on being a good cook, maybe after this journey I will be, you never know!!!
So far today I have been pretty good:
I had one ounce of Cuban Coffee this morning, then went walking with my friend. She insisted on having coffee afterwards, so I got a nonfat decaf latte. Wasn't very good, but oh well Then for work I brought a mango, cut up, and mixed with grapes that I had frozen the other night. I also had half of a low fat turkey sandwich from schlotskys (sp?) deli. Tonight I will probably have a sandwich, because I did not make anything ahead of time, and I don't have time to cook when I get home at 9p!!!
Last night I had a chicken teriaki (sp?) lean cuisine, I had never had one of those before and didn't know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised!!! I think next time I will try their three cheese ravioli mmmmmmmmmm.
Hey guys I have some unofficial good news! This morning I weighed myself and I have lost another 5 pounds!! The reason I say that it is unofficial is because I am trying not to weigh myself but once a week, and it only counts when my husband gets the final number! That way it is official, and I am not cheating myself!!!! I will let you know tommorrow morning whether it is official or not!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:14 PM   #5  
Samantha

By the way guys, if anyone wants to visit my fitday journal, here is the website -
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...r=Samantha2002
I love that website, because I can track all of the food that I eat daily, and it tells me how many calories I have eaten, then I put in what exersizes I did and it tells me how many calories I have burned. It produces charts to tell me whether I am eating too many, to few vitamins, etc. Also, it allows me to keep a personal journal! Feel free to visit!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:21 PM   #6  
Samantha

Well I am currently trying to use my crocpot alot because it is so convenient for me - I work from 1p to 9p everyday, and do not have time to cook when I get home. So, if I can have something waiting for me in the crocpot, it is less likely that I will run next door to McDonalds (yes...McDonald and Burger King are visible through my front window...temptation at it's worst!!!!) and get something to eat.
So, if anyone here has any good low fat/calorie crocpot recipes, please let me know!!!!
I also noticed how high in sodium the lean cuisines were. That's crazy!!! But, with my work schedule, it is very convenient!!!
Okay, so today when I went walking with my friend I started to feel horrible cramps in the front of my calves...does anyone know why this is happening? I have been walking for 2 weeks straight, and it has never been this painful!!! They felt like charlie horses on the front of my calves!!! It was terrible! Any advice for that would be very helpful.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:10 PM   #7  

Hi LauraLynn, Samantha, Angie and Trisha,

How's everyone doing tonight?

Laura Lynn,
Loved your little welcome poem. Sorry it took so long to jump in. I just got on the pc for the first time today. Work, chiropractor, cook dinner, pick up my son. Phew!

Trish,
I had to laugh also, but I'm also was laughing at myself. I was married at 17 and had 3 boys by the time I was 23. Not much time for learning to cook and clean. Everytime I made chicken the smoke alarm would go off and my son would yell " dinners ready" LOL ... 4:00 AM!!!!!!! How do you do it. I find 5:45am tough.

Samantha,
Work is a tough place to stay on plan. We have this one woman. In her 60's, high blood pressure and just had her gall bladder out and she brings in junk everyday to put out in our department. Cakes, chips and now one of my favorites, candy corn. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Everyone keeps asking her to stop because they end up picking all day, but she just laughs and says she can't keep it at home... grrrrrr.......

Anyway, nice chatting with everyone. Oh yeah, food today, let's see....
eggs, bacon and 1/2 sl veggie cheese
salad w/lite ceasar dressing and chicken
chicken and sf jello for snack
peanuts(too many)
sm serving shrimp salad.

trying to kill carbs.

ttyl
Old 09-14-2004, 07:51 AM   #8  
Samantha

Hey guys!

I think that the chat idea is great. I don't know how often I will be able to join, though, because I work evenings. I can get away with posting in the forums, but I don't know how my boss would look at chatting while I am supposed to be working lol!!!
Well the good news from yesterday is official. I think I need to change my signature now to 280/270/150
I am getting a little concerned, actually....does anyone know if losing 5 lbs a week is unhealthy? I would think that it is, but then again, I have completely changed my lifestyle, too. I know I shouldn't expect to lose that much every week. Does it go fast for the first few weeks?? LOL I don't want to get disapointed if it slows down after a while.
Well last night my husband made me a hotdog. WHY does he do that????? He is the one who really inspired me to do something, and now it seems like he is trying to sabatoge me. I seriously felt sick at my stomach after I ate it, then looked at the nutrition thingy on the package. OMG. 16 grams of fat in one hotdog.
Laura - thank you for the advice regarding my cramps in my legs. I don't wear the weights on my ankles or wrists, because, the way I see it, I am already carrying about 150 lbs of weights. I think that is probably plenty! LOL. My next paycheck I am going to invest in a pair of better walking shoes. The ones that I have been wearing were pretty old. I have a sneaking suspicion it is because my friend walks so fast, and I have to keep up with her. I thought that was a good thing, but maybe not. I will speak to my dr.
Anyways, guys, thanks again for all of your support! It truly is motivating to see everyone else on the same journey as myself, and doing so well!
Love, Sam
Old 09-14-2004, 12:03 PM   #9  
Samantha

Angie - funny you mentioned pizza, because I went to Walmart today and bought lots of the healthy choice/lean cuisine meals. I purchased Healthy Choice Pepperoni French Bread Pizza. It has 340 calories, 5 grams of fat, 52 carbs, and 600 mg of sodium. I don't know much about your personal dietary needs, but I had it for lunch and it was delicious!!! And, it was about $2. Laura said she can't eat those often because they have too much sodium, but I don't know about you???
Today a purchased a pilates video, mat, and weights. I will let you know how I like it after I try it.
Also, here is another topic of discussion: I read on the internet that you should take your body weight and divide it by two (for me: 270/2=135) and that is how many ounces of water you should drink daily. However, I have also heard that it is possibly (though not likely) for you to drink TOO much water, and have seizures and die. 135 oz of water seems like an AWFUL LOT of water for one to drink. It sounds uncomfortable. Please tell me what you guys think.
Today when I went walking, my legs did not hurt. I definitely think it is because my friend is walking too fast. (I went by myself today) Should I have her slow down? Or do you think that it will get better over time? Please let me know what you think!
Hope you guys have a very healthy day!!!
Sam
Old 09-14-2004, 12:51 PM   #10  
Samantha

Well I just finished trying out the pilates video. Oh my. That is alot of work. I did it for the first 20 minutes of standing pilates. Then the lady got down on the mat, and I found myself sticking to the mat!!! So, I figure I will cool off for a little while and then work on the last 15 minutes of the workout. The lady doesn't even seem to be out of breath!!! One day I will be like her!
Old 09-14-2004, 04:36 PM   #11  

Talking I found the thread

Thank you all for inviting me. I just wanted you'll to konw that I am looking forward to this thread. I would love to do a chat some night. I am also on the east coast. I do have to run, my son has football, I wish they had sports drivers license I will definatley get back to you all tonight. I can't wait. thanks
Old 09-14-2004, 07:24 PM   #12  
Fran

Hello everyone I just joined the site. I am really shy so you might not get much out of me lol. I need to loose 100+ lbs. I have been obese my entire life (all of 24 years). I don't really know how much I weight right now. I stopped weighing after about 340lbs. I am 5'11 so I guess I could look worse. I don't know what diet I am going to try but, I do know that I have got to loose the weight b/c my health is a major risk issue right now. I am a severe hypoglycemic..going into the pre diabetic stages. I have back problems, knee problems, blood pressure stays high, irregular/fast heart rate, major water retention especially in my ankles, migraines (daily), fatigue......etc...... My excersize abilities are limited b/c of the back. For instance: I can't lie flat on my back very well. Anyways my name is Frances and I hail from Arkansas.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:31 PM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Everyone

This will "indeed" be a quick reply Too much to do, too little time, too slow #&^# computer.....

Anyways just checking in .... I've had 2 good days in a row

I'll be working on my goal sheet and incentive program and post it this weekend....

This is a great group we have here and I've enjoyed reading your entries. So sorry I've so little to offer back but know I appreciate all your efforts.

I think I'm the only one from the west coast.

gotta go.....
Old 09-15-2004, 04:31 AM   #14  

Morning Ladies
SO sorry that I didn't post yesterday.I had a crappy day and wasn't in the mood for talking.I had a friend pass away.I have know her for 20 years and she had bone cancer.SHe went from 300lbs to 150lbs in 4 months so sad it is a blessing that she went because the suffering is over but it is still hard.The vistitation is tonight and the funeral is tommorow.The truck also went to the garage and we were told could cost up to 1500.00 to fix.So I decided to go to bed at 7:30 and believe it or not I slept throught the whole night.My eating was good though.I have my first weigh in with ww tonight and aunt martha is paying a visit so we will see how it goes.but I have been up at 4 mon and tues exercising for 20 minutes so I think that I will be ok.I won't be on until tommorow again as as soon as I get home tongiht I have to go to ww and then to the visitaion so I hope everyone has a great eating day and keep smiling.Trisha
Old 09-15-2004, 07:53 AM   #15  
Samantha

frances, thank you for joining our thread. I have just recently joined this site also but have found it very motivational and very supportive. I truly believe that you have already made the first step in looking outward for help. I have seen people do it, and I know that you can too! I personally would suggest walking at first. I read somewhere that you should walk if you are trying to lose fat because fat is very slow burning and needs lots of oxygen to burn. Whereas if you run, you get out of breath, therefore your body is not getting enough oxygen to burn fat, instead you would burn carbs. I have been on my diet for only two weeks, have given up cokes and fast food, and walked everyday, and have lost 10lbs. I know you can do it too. Please don't feel shy in this forum, because I know that everyone in here is very supportive and encouraging. I promise that as soon as you start to lose you will feel so much better. I wish you the best of luck.

trisha, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I too know the sting of losing a loved one - for me it was my baby boy. He would have been 2yrs old on October 26th. The only thing that comforts me is knowing that Jesus holds him in his lap. I will tell you guys a very interesting story - since I do not know what any of your beliefs are, I hope this does not offend anyone.
About 2 months after my baby passed away, I was talking to God, and I asked him to give me some sort of sign that my baby was OK, that He was taking care of him. Later on that day (I had forgotten all about asking for a sign) I went to do laundry. When I went to get my clothes out of the dryer, a tiny baby sock fell from my load. I immediately began to cry. I know that was not in my dryer before I put my clothes in there, and, obviously it was not in my clothes. It may be a coincidence, but I took it as a sign from God that he was taking care of my tiny baby boy.
Losing a loved one is one of the worst things in the world. And funny, there is nothing that anyone can say to you to make it better. I just hope that you are able to mourn in the way that works for you. And know that anytime you wish to talk to any of us, please know we are here for you.

laura, I have been trying to keep up with the goal list that you set out for us...for some reason I have a hard time meditating!!! If I stay to still like that, I will fall asleep!!! LOL! Does meditation help you? and if so in what ways?

everyone else - I hope you all are having a very healthy day, and stay motivated towards your goals!!!

Love, Sam
Closed Thread