Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-01-2004, 07:34 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile SePtEmBeR WaLkErS, Just Walking Away the Pounds

Good Morning Gals!

Here are my SePtEmBeR GOALS:

WaLk ~ 2 Miles, 5 Days a week
Curves ~ at least 2x a week
Weight-loss ~ to lose at least 5 - 7 lbs. this month (I hope I hope!)

Hope you all Have a Great September Result

Be seeing ya
Luvs, SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:55 AM   #2  

*~*~*

Good Morning Michelle ~ I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that picture of you and your new family member at the end of the August Walkers thread What kind of puppy is he or she? What is his or her name??
Absolutely adorable --- both of you!

*~*~*

I sure do hope to see some of you gals return
I miss seeing you *KRISTI * CATHY * LYNNE* SHEILA * JANINE * WENDY * BRENDA * COURTNEY & MELISSA * Please forgive me if I have forgotten any of you, I sure didn't mean to...

Good Morning MEL & ABIRDEE!!!

*God Bless*
and Have an Awesome Day reaching your New Goals

SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-01-2004, 09:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

hi sunny!!! He is a a Shih Tzu and he is only 6 weeks old!! I named him Yugi I am just so in love with him!!

How are you feeling?

Gotta go start the day!
Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 11:09 AM   #4  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

I agree with Sunny, that picture of you and your puppy is absolutely adorable, Michelle! I bet the kids just love him, hey? Glad to hear you are enjoying your bowflex -- keep up the great work, girl!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been suffering from a headache, Sunny! I'm sending you my very best wishes for a speedy recovery! IBS since age of 9, hey? Yikes! Well, I really hope that your new book continues to come in handy... I'm sure it will. I really can't thank you enough for all your encouragement... I truly appreciate it! Good luck in achieving your Sept. goals, we'll all be here cheering you on!

Abirdee, best of luck in your Sept. goals! Keep up the great work and I'm sure you'll be seeing the results you are hoping for!

I ended August with another 4mi and strength-training and will start Sept. off the very same way. Tomorrow will only be morning strength-training since we have our trip to get ready for. I'm getting VERY excited... two more sleeps 'til we leave... three more sleeps 'til I turn 26! <--- Yes, I'm like a big kid when it comes to my birthday!

I really hope we hear from all the other ladies soon... been missin' them! I hope you're all keeping well!

Well girls, I have to get started on my exercise, but I hope you all have a happy and healthy day! Take care of yourselves!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 12:07 PM   #5  

Red face I am hangin' in there...

*~*~*

It's sooooo good to see you both more then you will ever know... ... ...

I am not feeling very well today ... the headache has left me (thank the Lord), but the spinach I had last night in one of the recipes did not agree with me. So I am nursing a flare-up as I speak. I have spent the morning sitting on a heating pad and one on my tummy and have just now took a very hot shower (causes the muscles to relax) and am now beginning to feel a little relief. While I was in the shower I had a real good cry... ... sometimes that does wonders in itself. So in this experimental stages of discovering *what* causes my flare-ups I am staying close to home!

So far here is my list of definitely !NO ! Foods for ME---> NO RED MEATS, NO DAIRY (none - I take calcium chews 3x a day), NO SOY, NO FRIED FOODS (very dangerous for me), NO SPINACH, VERY LITTLE FATS LIKE OILS, NO CALIFLOWER or CABBAGE (so far). I noticed that Heather (the writer of the book) can eat Soy, Cabbage & Spinach, so some react differently then others and she states that in her book. The first week to 10 days will be trial and error. That's why she said to keep plenty of cooked rice and fiber tablets on hand, so when you have a flare-up take the fiber and eat the rice to fill the intestine and stop the spasms that are causing the pain. It has really helped me. I am beginning to see now what I can have & what not to. I cannot wait till I can feel well all the time & get into a routine again.

I have gotten 1 mile in so far today, but have to take the 2nd mile later today - when the tummy feels better.

Thank you so much MEL & MICHELLE for taking the time to hear me... I feel so very alone (at home) when I am ill like this, but being able to come here and share with you all makes all the difference in the world! You gals are the best! All of you are

*~*~*

Michelle ~ What a cute name for your puppy... how did you choose it? I bet your children just love him to death! Are they use to pets? Or is Yugi your first one?

How are you doing with your Bow-flex? I have seen the commercial for it and think it's a great machine and if I had the space here I would have one too. *Luck* with your new routine... keep in touch and let us know how you are doing with it, okay. You are sooooo very close to *One*derland

Mel ~ Thank you so much!
You sound so good!!! I am so very, very happy for you Mel!!! You are going to have the BESTEST 26th Birthday!!!! You have worked so hard --- you go and enjoy yourself without a second thought. Have the best weekend! Take some pics for us... maybe? I know I sure would enjoy them. That's okay about being a big kid for your birthday I love birthday's too!!! Allot!!! And always have.
*ENJOY!!!!*

*~*~*

Well gals, I really must be going... I cannot sit for too long right now. I will check in later if I can.

(((Hugs))) *God Bless*
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-01-2004 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:37 PM   #6  

Sunny my thoughts and prayers are with you today sweetheart!!

I picked the name Yugi because hubby likes this cartoon called Yu-gi-oh and the dog is a shih tzu and I thought the name fit The kids just adore him as does our other dog jaxxie who is a malamute/springer spaniel mix and just a lover!! My poor yugi broke his leg last night though he was trying to get through the screen door and follow the "big" dog and the door shut before he could get out so he is at the vet getting a cast right now I was just bawling when I saw the broken bone I felt horrible even though it wasn't my fault and the vet explained that these things happen But he'll back to new in two weeks.

Sunny I hope you are feeling better really soon. Hugs and love and lots of big smiles coming your way

Love ya
Michelle
Old 09-01-2004, 01:38 PM   #7  
a whole new mel

Sunny... dear me, I'm really sorry that you are experiencing such awful pain! I will cross all my... hmmm... "crossables" that you feel better REAL soon! *Hugs* And look at how dedicated you are, still getting your miles in! Geez, you're amazing, girl! The advice on the fiber tablets and rice sounds very interesting... and I'll definitely have to try that. Thanks for the info! I only hope that it's smooth-sailing from here on out for you, hun! Perhaps curl up with a cozy blanket and get some rest... we'll all be thinking of you and wishing you all the very best!

Thanks for the birthday wishes... I'm sure it'll be a great time. I'm esp. looking forward to taking Meleigha to see a live "Little Bear" show on Sunday afternoon as well as the fireworks that same night... I imagine those two events will be the highlights of the weekend! I always thought that she'd be a Daddy's girl... and perhaps one day she will be, but for now, she's stuck like glue to me. And I so love that. Quite often she'll climb up on my lap and say "Momma, you're my best friend"... nothing could possibly warm my heart as much as that. I'm truly lucky to have Meleigha as my daughter... I count my blessings each and every day.

Anyways Sunny, very best wishes sent your way, girl! Take care of yourself!

~mel
Old 09-01-2004, 03:00 PM   #8  

Mel!!!!!! Happy Birthday Sweetheart!!!!! Woohooooo I will be 27 at the end of november!! I hope you have a wonderful Birthday!!! hugs to you!!

Michelle
Old 09-02-2004, 11:29 AM   #9  
a whole new mel

G'mornin' ladies! I hope you're all off to a great start today!

Thanks, Michelle for the birthday wishes! I hope you are having a good day today! How's Yugi doing? I hope his leg isn't too sore!

Sunny, I hope you're feeling much better today! I was certainly thinking about you all day yesterday... wishing you all the very best. Oh, before I forget, have you heard any news about Joe's sleep study? Did the find anything?

I managed to get three miles in yesterday evening but it was ridiculously windy out so we cut it a mile short. Ah well. Today will be strength-training only since we have so much to get ready before tomorrow morning and won't have time enough to head out for our nightly walk. Besides, we really should get to bed at a reasonable hour since we plan to be on the road by 5:30am.

I really hope all of you have a wonderful OP weekend! Take care of yourselves! Be back on Tuesday...!

~mel
Old 09-02-2004, 12:15 PM   #10  

Thumbs up

Good Morning Gals!

Mel ~ I thought I did mention it, but I think it was on another thread --- I am sorry Joe got an a-okay on his sleep study. His heart is healthy and his BP is real good. The people at the Hospital doing the study think that because Joe has been sleeping on his side and going to bed earlier weeks before the test it made a difference in the results. A good one He does snore quit loudly when he is on his back (therefore he sleeps on his side now) and all is well. We both were very happy to hear that he does not have sleep apnea.

As for me... I am feeling so much better today! Thank-you so much for asking about me I did curl up with a blankie and a hot cup of mint tea yesterday... it felt so good to do that. When I woke up this morning I was still achy, but it has lessened as the morning goes on & I am doing so much better. I got in only the 1 mile yesterday and 1.25 miles in this morning but I am hoping to get in another mile this afternoon. I think I am figuring out what makes me ill and doesn't and am hopefully well on my way to good health again Thank you so much for all your thoughts and your prayers it means so much to me.

So you'll be leaving soon for the big Birthday weekend... I know you will have a wonderful time! Cannot wait for you to go and then return telling us all about it

Michelle ~ Thank you so much too ~ I could feel the love and concern from you as well and am so very grateful for your friendship also. It feels so good to have a place to come too. Hopefully I will be my cheery self again real soon --- I don't like being in this painful, sad place. I am well on my way I think

I am so very sorry to hear of your Yugi I hope that he is doing better today. Things like that do happen unfortunately... I remember taking my kitten, Zeppe, to the vets just after only a few weeks of having them home because his brother, Guido, bit him in play and gave him a blood infection that needed to be treated with meds. You have to watch them allot when they are little... allot of work ! But ohhh so much *Joy* ~ give him a little *feel better hug* for me too would you

*~*~*

Well, I must be going --- I have given myself a brief amount of time sitting and my time is up for the moment. Be catching you both later...
(((Big Hugs))) for you both!

SunnyD <><

SePtEmBeR MiLeS: 2.25

SePtEmBeR CuRvEs: 0 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-02-2004, 12:23 PM   #11  

Smile ***Happy Birthday Mel !!!***

Mel ~ You have a Marvelous Birthday Celebration!
Thinking of you!!!!
Always, SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-02-2004, 12:50 PM   #12  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Default Can I join up?

I just stumbled across this thread today. Can I join up? I've just recently become a walking junkie. I've been doing aerobics and weights and treadmill and elliptical machine at the YMCA but when the weather started getting nicer I started going to the park. Now I'm hooked. I've really missed it this week. I injured my lower back somehow earlier this week and I've been out of comission. I'm hoping to take a leisurely walk tonight to work it out some. About 2 weeks ago I did 3.5 miles but I think my typical will be 2 miles. I'm doing a walk benefiting alzheimers on September 11th and its 3.8 miles. Do you set a certain mile goal for the month? I've been reading up on the posts. Ya'll sound like a lot of fun. How do you put a picture in your posts? I'll be checking back in with you all later - Amy
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 03:20 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey there gang!

Mel - Happy Happy Birthday! hope you have a special day!

I just thought I better check in and let you guys know what has been going on with me. I certainly didn't make my goal for last month, don't even know right now how many miles I walked, but it doesn't really matter, I did what I could.

My grandmother, who was 87, passed away on August 10, after being really ill for 17 months. My grandfather, who is 88, had been healthy as a horse until the past few months, but we thought he was just really run down from helping to take care of MawMaw. He found out on Monday, last week, that he had liver cancer, and passed away early Saturday morning, August 28. I was with him a lot last week and I have never seen anyone go so quickly! They were married for 68 years and apart for only 17 days.

In the middle of all of this a friend of mine's 25 year old sister was killed tragically in a car wreck. I have been at the funeral home so much these past few weeks that it seems to be that my car wants to head that direction when I head out in the mornings. *sigh*

I have been busy with all of that and trying to be there for my mother too, besides everything else I normally do.

Oh the other thing is - we had a really bad hail storm on Saturday and now none of our vcr/dvd players will turn on, so I have nothing that will play my walking tapes right now. I have one of them down at a repair shop to see if they can fix it for $20, if not I will have to replace them when I can afford to do that.

But I am gonna think realyl positive here, andl set the same goal that I have been having to walk 40 miles this month.

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 09-02-2004 at 03:23 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:09 PM   #14  
a whole new mel

Sunny, Glad to hear you're off to a better start today... I was certainly worried about you yesterday. Good for you for snugglin' up with a hot mug of tea and a warm cozy blanket... that's the best thing you could do for yourself is to take it easy and recoup! That's definitely good news about Joe's sleep study... and I'm glad that he's able to sleep better now. Thanks again for the birthday wishes... it certainly means a lot! I'll be sure to post pictures after we return Monday night.

Cathy, Thanks to you as well for the happy birthday wishes! But I'm definitely sorry to hear of all the loss you've suffered recently. You have my deepest sympathy. A marriage which lasts as long as your grandparent's did really helps to make the world go 'round, doesn't it? It's a truly beautiful thing to be witness to. My grandparents will be celebrating their 61st anniversary this year and while Nana is in a care facility now (she has dementia), the love they possess for each other is still so evident to everyone who comes in contact with them. I hope with all the recent events you are doing ok. I'm most definitely thinking of you and your family.

Amy, Let me be the first to welcome you to this thread... you've found a great bunch of ladies here! They're all so caring and supportive... and more than once, they've helped to pick me up, dust me off, and send me on my way again. I'm sorry to hear that you've hurt your lower back, I sure hope you feel better soon! Best of luck in your monthly goals... we'll all be here cheering you on... every step of the way!

Well this will be my last post until Tues morning as I still have a million things to do to prep for our weekend away. But I hope you all have a wonderful weekend... keep on smilin' girls! Take care of yourselves...!

~mel
Old 09-02-2004, 10:16 PM   #15  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
I just started walking as a form of excerise again. I got hooked on the Walk Away the Pounds videos last year. I had been doing them faithly until the spring. Then I just stopped and only got excerise on the days I went to Curves. But I started back to school last week and decided to walk 2 miles before going to school. So that way I would be nice and relaxed for my students. It has worked so far. Even on the weekends, I squeeze in a walk. Plus I go to Curves three days aweek.
I have been stuck at the same weight for the last month. So I am hoping to blast through and get below that weight this month. My goal is to walk 60 miles. Plus lose 5 pounds this month.
So far I have went to Curves once this month. Plus I have walked about 10 miles already. Done the WATP's 2 mile video each morning. Went for a 4 mile walk with my dh last night and a 2 mile walk this evening. So I am pumped and ready to walk away my fat.

You sound like a great bunch of ladies! I know that you will help me reach my goal of breaking past 206 pounds.
Well I need to be heading off to bed. Talk to you all later. Have a great weekend!
Your new walking buddy,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote