Old 09-12-2004, 11:40 PM   #1  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up Weekly Weigh-in September 13 - 19

Hey everybody! It's a new week, so here's hoping for the best, and setting ourselves up for better! Time to weigh in.....line up, ladies and gents!

Here's me: As you may or may not know, I tend to go with a mid-week "official" weigh-in, so I'm not writing this in pen yet, but you can pencil me in today for a loss of ZIPPO, NADA, the BIG ZILCH! Now I'm speaking here of POUNDS lost, for those of you for whom this remains unclear; in terms of energy, confidence, and a feeling of satisfaction -- well there I'm doing gangbusters. I'd sure as heck like to see a loss (this would be my first week without one,) but (1) I have until Wednesday before I call it a wash, and (2) I've been exercising so much that I'm sure all kinds of good things are happening inside me! I've been walking and/or biking every day, as well as working out with weights a lot more than I was. And I'm doing great with my eats, so I'm chalking up the scale's reluctance to move to fluid -- either from my muscles retaining water from all the increased activity, or leftover TOM water (I had it for a week and a half -- it just ended Saturday!) -- or both. Who knows? Maybe I'm not eating enough. Regardless, I'm on track, my chin is up, and I'm sticking with what I'm doing because I know it's all for good. Oh yeah, and now my size 18 pants are way too big!! The 18 top is fine, but my butt and legs -- and, dare I say it? my STOMACH -- are just lost in all my pants now!

I'm hoping to have better poundage news to report mid-week -- and in the meantime, I can't wait to hear how everyone's doing!!!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 12:07 AM   #2  

hey all,

i'll weigh in tomorrow but if i haven't lost anything (which i doubt i have) i tend to just keep really quiet about it. same goes for a gain.
today i did measure though, last time was may11. and inches are gone here there and everywhere! however the pictures i had taken really tell the story and contrary to the opinion of some (one maybe it's just one?) i'm not feeling too svelte maybe just a little svelter. i am less puffy though. i will not be posting those pictures because really no-one needs to see me in a thong now do you? no i thought not.
ok here's keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow, hope against hope is all i got right now.
hope to hear of all your progress big and small, mind or body, it's all good as the kids say.
have a good week
gen
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:35 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Gen & Sarah - well I'd rather be in your boat and maintain. It was bound to happen. - the big gain. 7 lbs. I admit - I have not been eating well the past month. I've been only working on water. I had a few bad "charlie horses" that just about killed me. I understand that it can be from not drinking enough water.. so I want to work on that.

Have a great week all!!
I'm so excited for fall to be here - and the temps to finally drop!

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:14 AM   #4  
I climb mountains!

Gen, my dear -- and I maintain that you are ABSOLUTELY svelte, mon petite -- I am VERY excited (but not at all surprised) to hear that you have lost inches!! Gotta say, I'd be ok with seeing the thong pic -- but maybe that's just me. I'll send positive vibes your way for kindness from the Scale Angel.

Dana, water is your friend!! I understand that it's particularly important to drink a lot of H2O when you're preggers -- not just when you're working on weight loss! So chug a lug, but really, I think you're doing just great!!
Old 09-13-2004, 10:09 AM   #5  
Abby's Mommy

Well Good morning all!
---I've been away from my computer for about a week
and a half now, and away from my diet as well. I looked in on you all a few times, but didn't have time to post. My DH and I started painting in our bedroom LAST Friday (9days ago), and decided to just keep going all around the house while we had all the mess there anyway! Anyhoo...we ended up redoing 3 rooms totally (including painting, and any wallpaper or border they needed!), and just changing the border in my bathroom. I've never been so glad to complete a project before in my life!
---Sarah, I know the the scale will drop for you soon deary! You're about to surpass me size wise!! What an accomplishment it is to drop SIZES-- I think I perfer that to pounds anyway!
---Congrats Gen on the inches loss!!
---Dana, drink that water,and eat bannas (if you can stand them). You're doing SSOOO great!!
---As for me, well, I was off pretty much all week, and didn't "formally" exercise, (but I did do all that painting), so I'm up 1 pound this week. But, my jeans and shorts are all getting loose, and thats a great feeling. So, my plan for this week, is to start counting those durn points religiously everyday, drinking my water and to ease back into my workouts.
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

SARAH!!! OUT OF SIZE 18 PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a big deal. Congratulations, girl.

Gen, I know what you mean about staying mum when you haven't lost. Not that it's anything to be ashamed of, but it's frustrating! Good luck with your weigh-in.

Dana, c'mon! you have the best excuse there is. And I'll get broken-record style and tell you to get that h2o.

Amy Jo, I know you'll get back on track, and so do you! Good luck.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:34 AM   #7  
Getting back on track!

Wow I can't wait til I drop sizes! Well done to you wasting away ladies with your too big clothes!!! Well I am so happy because I have lost 4 pounds....YES FOUR BIG FAT POUNDS!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO so I'm now 210 and I've lost a total of 12. I can't believe it!
You can't see me but I'm dancing a jig!!!!!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm still at 245 Last week was really bad...My dear daugher had to have stitches in her foot (8!!) bad news from my sons school on his behavior ..and I was pmsing LOL. what else could go wrong LOL. at least i didnt gain any weight... I will stick to plan this week, I will stick to plan this week..lol

Dana- I had a lot of charlie horses when i was preggers...its wierd though, I always lost weight when i was pregnant...hmmmm..of course i was never hungry either..morning sickness

Last edited by Jldsgirl; 09-13-2004 at 11:55 AM.
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 05:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I'm sure you're all going to be shocked to learn that I again had a 4 pound gain from my .5 pound loss last week. I'm sitting at 267.5 this week. I'm not going to change my siggy this time and see if it will help.

WTG for all the rest of the losers and even maintainers.

Dana--You might also eat some bananas or something else with potassium to help with leg cramps. And if you will sleep with a pillow between your knees that can help as well. they even sell specialty pillows for that reason.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 06:37 PM   #10  
Jennifer

Default Back in the Game

After an extremely busy month, things are starting to calm down a little for me, so I'm going to try to start posting again. I must confess that I was also a little bit ashamed, because I went up and down like a balloon for a while there (too many cocktails with co-workers!), but I'm finally back in the game. I'm down 3 pounds this week to 226.

The upside to all this is that I did manage to keep many of my good habits even when my routine got all messed up -- I have hit the gym at least 6 days a week, even when I've been on the road, and despite some indiscretions, I'm *still* eating far more healthily than I would have in the past.

So, anyway... Can I get credit somehow for the five pounds I've gained and lost and gained and lost since the beginning of August? Nah. Didn't think so .
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:21 PM   #11  
I climb mountains!

Thumbs up Welcome back, Jennifer!

Jennifer is back!!!! I'm so excited!! Welcome back, Jennifer -- it's SOOOOOO good to see you back!! I know, I know, I'm exclamation point happy, but truly I'm really glad to see you! And bigtime congrat's on the 6 days at the gym thing -- very impressive, girlfriend! Don't you worry about those cocktails; it's a new day and you're back on track.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:29 PM   #12  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Well I like several here have been so so this week. I am back on plan now but don't know if I will see a loss this week. There is always hope. Anywho back at and will agian be on the losing side next week. Good for you Sarah on the pants. That's always a nice feeling.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I weighed today, I shouldn't have, after the past week of insane eating out, and non-stop shopping. I ended up at 243, which is up 1 pound from 2 weeks ago (last official weigh-in). It's good considering..

Dana - try a cal/mag suppliment, they always help with my muscle cramps, also, see if you can get one with zinc in it too.. I take it for those pesky monthly cramps ( no period for 9 months? if it didn't end up costing so much, I'd sign right up!). Check with your doctor first.. but it might help out.. it also helps with my darn cyatic (sp?) nerve when it bothers me..
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:18 PM   #14  

i get cramps too sometimes when i run. but the are getting less frequent and less evere. i find a banana or potassium supplemnt helps (but the supplements are only 50mg which is not much so you have to take a handfull to get the amount of a banana, no cals though ) but blood flow (through increased training) and water also play a role. when you get the cramps stop. next time go a little easier. don't do the same execise that causes the cramps two days in a row.
maintaining is not as bad as it seems. that's what i tell myself. i weighed in at 167 so i've been pretty stable for quite a while. meanwhile my strength and fitness are increasing, progressing nicely. this week we are going to up the cardio to see if that helps.
good job to all those who lost and maintained. to those that gained: don't sweat it, just sweat! chin up, knees up and all will be fine.

have a good night
gen
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:43 AM   #15  
and Cody too!

S/C/G: 265/245/165

Height: 5'6"

I am up 2 lbs since August 29.
Not too bad for being off plan for that long... now I have to work to lose it again.
JennasMom is offline   Reply With Quote