Old 09-12-2004, 10:18 AM   #1  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Default Starting Induction Again

Hi Guys!

After losing alot of weight in 3 months, I've come to a stand still. I haven't gained, but I haven't lost either in about 2 weeks. This is not par for the couse I have taken. I had been losing about 4 pounds a week. I haven't changes my eating, although now that school is back in, I can't exercise as much as I was before. SOOOOO, back to Atkins Induction I go!

Just wondering if any else has suddenly come to a stop has I have? Expecially people doing Atkins or low carb? How did you deal with it? Im afraid if this continues, I will fall of the wagon. I didn't meet my revised Labor Day Goal, and it was very depressing. Even if I did only miss it by 5 pounds. Im trying not to let this get me down. I could use some advise and encouragement! I don't want this weight loss to end!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:38 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Plateaus are normal no matter what diet you are on, you just generally need to shake things up a little to break them. As you lose weight, you may hit quite a few of them. All you have to think is that you have lost a lot of weight which is good and just keeping weight off is an achievement in itself. Sometimes changing slightly the foods you have been eating and definitely exercise will help break the plateau. Just hang in there.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 12:11 PM   #3  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Hey Nelie!

Thanks for the info. It helps knowing this happens to everyone once in a while. This morning, the kids were with their dad, so I took the dogs for a long hike. We went for about 2 hours,walked for all of them but 20, while I sat and watched the river go by as the dogs swam. My Lab found a group of dump ducks (Seagulls for those of you who don't live near the beach) and gave them heck! They were nesting in the sea grass and she barked like there was no tomorrow. There was nothing I could do, because she was across the river and I wasn't about to swim across to get her. I stood on the opposite shore screaming like a nut. I wasn't worried about her hurting the birds, but boy, was that mommy mad! She finally got discusted when they wouldn't play with her and came back, wagging her tail. My shepard just sort of looked at me and rolled her eyes. She hates the water, and hates birds even more. LOL!
Anyway, the point of my long story? Im going to try to add more exercise to break out of this. I don't have time during the week to do more than the hour I do, but I will take advantage of the weekend. I am also going to try to fit in a 15 minute walk on my break at work. Won't do wonders, but it couldn't hurt, right? At least it will make me feel like I am working towards losing again!

Nelie, congrats on the weight loss. Your beautiful regardless of your weight! You've got the face of an angel!
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

You've got to just tough out the plateaus! I was on one for about 6 weeks.. After losing 60 lbs it was a total bummer. They do break.. Don't give up. Add more exercise to your routine, it helps to boost up your metabolism.

Plateaus are no fun but don't worry.. it too shall pass!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 12:39 PM   #5  

Whenever I hit a plateau I tell myself that going back to the way I was isn't an option, so the only option I have is to keep plugging away and hope that the weight loss will start again.

And it always does. So matter how discouraged you get (and we all get totally bummed out by plateaus) just keep going.

Good luck
Katey78 is offline   Reply With Quote