South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 05:21 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat - September 8

Hey Hump Day seems really early this week!

Just starting us up as the Girls are hollering for potty and breakfast. I may take a pillow downstairs, feed them and nap on the couch until the sun comes up.

Back in a bit.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:42 AM   #2  

Smile

Hi Ruth, 'morning everyone to come,

The week does seem to be flying past. Love a short week.

I'm awake early with allergies. Slept with the windows open and must be allergic to something out there. Waiting for the tablet to kick in - sniff! -

I had trouble keeping my plan focus yesterday with the kids back in school. I have lots to do, but just didn't feel like doing any of it yesterday. Hopefully today will be more productive and with fewer temptations to go off plan.

DD managed her first day of high school and loves it. DS had some positive things to say, although actually liking school would be considered uncool lol!

Ruth, how much longer until your puppies arrive? Somebody in our neighbourhood has 2 Portuguese Water Dogs. They're beautiful and full of personality. We have a collie who also has charm - when she is happy it's as if every piece of fur on her body stands perky and happy, but when she is sad (yesterday with kids away) her whole demeanour changes, even her fur droops.

Well, I'm going to put the coffee on and wake DH up. Be back later.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:01 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

So much for a nap on the couch. Unfortunately it was a poop and barf cleanup morning. I guess I should have gone down sooner. No problem though as I am quite expert at cleanup.

Heidi, your collie sounds like a charmer. My girls are due Sept 24 for Lucy and Thanksgiving weekend for Hershey. It's going to be an exciting Fall! They will be at the kennel to deliver and stay there until the pups are weaned (about 5 weeks). I will be there every day (and some nights!) to work on weighing and socializing the little darlings. We like them to be calm and happy and friendly when they meet their new owners. Morna and I interview and screen prospective owners so I'm going to be busy.

Well, I did a village walking tour for my visitor, William, and his friends yesterday and am paying for it today. This damned knee just won't quit although I did wear the knee support. It was worse yesterday because there was going to be rain. I should have twigged when the broken bone in my hand started aching too! Stock Market Tip - buy Advil futures!

Sarah starts her new job this morning. I am glad for her but now have to be realistic about the fall garden cleanup. She says she will work for me on weekends but I can't imagine her wanting to take the time away from her darling Trisha. Right now I am loaded with tomatoes. The beans are finally done and can be pulled out but I need to get cracking on herb jellies. September is list time!

I am going to haul the dump stuff out to the road and walk down for the paper with Lucy. Hersh and I go to her nursing home job at 10 and that should be enough walking for today.

Have a Happy Hump Day, Chickies.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:03 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Well, yesterday was not what it should have been. Arrived at the lab only to find the power was out. Ended up going home and waiting for the phone to ring. It did...at 5:30 just when we were sitting down to dinner! Since DH doesn't like me driving down to this particular area alone, "we" drove down to a nursing home where I supposedly had 5 draws. Talk about confusion. Apparently the regular phlebo had come early in the morning, but the samples were lost or something b/c there was no record of the lab receiving them. The doctor at the home told me to only draw one patient who needed a critical test run. We'll find out what went wrong later today. I'm really curious about this.

We're still wet and warm. Like living inside a shower dripping warm water. Ugh! The remnants of Frances have moved northward but we're still on for rain most of today.

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 09-08-2004, 07:47 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks Happy Hump Day, my day started out with over sleeping.grrrr. DH was up at 6 but went to have coffee with the "boys" ( being the other school bus drivers) and neglected to wake me up. The girls had 25 minutes to get up and get out the door to catch the bus. Thank goodness they did it without being nasty. I did have to hem dd pants while she was getting ready as I had forgot to do them last night. It is not a nice looking day here we are susposed to get lots of rain. I guess we will be having an indoor day. I took some pictures of my bedroom this morning I will post them when I get them downloaded. Well I must go get a cup of tea and wait for my wee ones to get here. I only have 1 right now and it is so nice and peaceful well that won't last Be back soon.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:44 AM   #6  

good morning everyone!!
i am sorry i haven't been around much lately but i just haven't been able to find the time. we had a really nice long weekend not really OP though. yesterday was back to busy work then ds's first football game (they won 28-7) and then open house at ds's school. by the time i made it home last night 9:30pm i was too pooped to type!! the scale is creeping up again on me and so i have to get my self together and plan. this seems to be my biggest problem just taking the few minutes for myself and planning out my meals. that is my goal for today!!

little chick- sorry to hear you didn't get the job. when the right one comes along you'll be ready. your scenario at home sounds much like mine hemming pants, covering books and ironing shirts while the kiddos are waiting in the morning. not enough hours in the day!!! i'm sure we will get back into the swing real soon !!! did you see the race this weekend? our boy has had nothing but problems i hope he can pull it together for the final 10.

mama hope the power is back on at work today, frances is on the way up sposed to rain the next 2 days here ugggggg.

ruth & heidi good morning.
to all the rest of you beach beauties have a great day!!!
Old 09-08-2004, 08:58 AM   #7  
cac

Good morning all,

Everyone with kids going to school I hope you enjoy a cup of coffee to celebrate!

It is raining here and the roads are flooded and it look like more rain for the next couple of days.

The scal e has not moved in a while. I am eating OP and exersizing both running and weight lifting. I am loosing inches so I figure it is just time before the scale moves.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

cac
Old 09-08-2004, 09:17 AM   #8  

Morning, gals! This morning went pretty smooth for me. Brian woke up before his alarm and got ready for school without any problems. We have nothing extra planned tonight so I WILL get in some exercise. Last night we were pushing just to get homework done and get to cub scouts on time but we made it. Broccoli cheese soup for dinner tonight! Yum!!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:32 AM   #9  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Morning everyone! We have some early risers here! I was up late today, but still made time to fix the day two eggs this morning (a huge feat for me!) and now I'm at the office. Busy day ahead. Luckily, I am sending DH to the store this morning for reinforcements. We didn't really like the ricotta dessert last night, need to try for plan B. Went to yoga last night and got super sick and nauseous in the middle. Don't know if it was this new eating plan, the fact it's my time of the month, my new prenata vitamins, or a mix of everything. Will try again next week.

Hopefully DH and I will get to walk tonight -- it's GORGEOUS! A chill was in the air this morning.

Lauren
Old 09-08-2004, 09:32 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Gotta love those "poop and barf" mornings, eh Ruth?

I'm awfully groggy, but for some reason I seem to be that way daily. I think I'll get over it.

Can't believe it's Wednesday already. I just have to work today and tomorrow! If I can get through those days, I will make it!

Volleyball tonight! Wahoo! I have been HORRIBLE about exercising. I did fine for uh, 2 days straight, and then had my dizzy spells and have forgotten about it since. Back on track starting tonight! We're gonna win!!!!! 6-0 right now, so I'm hoping we do well.

Well anyway, gotta shower. Time to start the day! Everyone have a good Wednesday!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:33 AM   #11  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Barb -- Is brocolli cheese soup on phase one? What's the recipe? It DOES sound YUMMY!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:35 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning gals.

Things are going swimmingly this morning -- forgot my umbrella and it's raining!!! Plus work wants to send me away for 4 weeks on a campaign and I am worried about staying OP for an entire month. Not to mention what to do with my cat!!!

So stressing to say the least.

Stayed OP yesterday and plan to today!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:58 AM   #13  

Default Ugly day

It is ugly and rainy here in Boston, and I can't believe that the rest of you beach chickies have been up and getting kids ready for school and everything.

I am a total zombie, so not happy to be awake! I was very OP yesterday. Hopefully that will stick for the rest of the week. Though I am much in need of comfort food. I am gonna have some SBD hot chocolate. Maybe that will make me feel better.

Anyway, sorry to be such a downer! Hope you all have a gret day at the beach!
Old 09-08-2004, 10:38 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieFun
Barb -- Is brocolli cheese soup on phase one? What's the recipe? It DOES sound YUMMY!
Here is the link from the Phase 2 soups. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42365
Can one of you experts tell me if she could use it for Phase 1 just by leaving out the whole wheat flour? You could use some arrowroot to thicken it or just have it be soupier. Sorry, I didn't find it until I was on phase 2 so I don't know if it can be converted.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:47 AM   #15  

Default Re the brocolli cheese soup

I think chick peas are on Ph1, so you could put in half a can, pureed either with the soup or before adding. That's a good thickener for soup.

Think I'll make the same thing for dinner. Barb, thanks for solving that issue for me!

Have great days everyone .
Closed Thread