Old 09-06-2004, 03:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Default My Annoying States of mind

I don't know what is going on with me sometimes. Some days I feel like I am really getting somewhere and then there are times when I dont feel like I am getting anywhere..blah. This week I did as much of my Leslie dvd 6 days and last week 5 days, so I feel, "why cant I do all of this yet" And I don't feel like I am losing. Hubby says he can tell but i think he is just being nice. I am just taking baby steps, and I am saying to myself "you aren't doing enough" There were days last week when I didnt feel as fat, but not this week,..grr,... Sorry for the rant :-P

Anyone else go through these state of mind changes?
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:47 PM   #2  

i definitely feel this way sometimes.
sometimes i look in the mirror and think i look pretty good. then i sit down and things start to bulge and what not, then i feel fat.
sometimes i'm so psyched to go to the gym and feel great, other times i just want to go home and lay on the couch.
blah is right. we just soldier on i guess.

gen
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 04:13 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

One of my biggest fears is that I'll hit a huge plateau and I'll never lose the weight. I am worried that I'll lose motivation and stop trying. I don't feel skinny and I have a lot of weight to lose. There are a lot of obstacles in my way and it'll take a lot of hard work and dedication by myself to go all the way.

Well those are natural feelings, feeling that you aren't making progress or if you are, that the progress is to small or that the progress will stop, I think we all experience it. You have to talk to yourself and tell yourself that you are trying and making progress. The alternative would be to go back to your old habits and routines and have no chance of progress. Keep trying and know that you are improving, even if it seems small now. You can always add onto your routine and tweak it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 05:36 PM   #4  
Getting back on track!

I think you are doing really well Heather and I'm sorry you are feeling discouraged. Nelie is right, what's the alternative? - we eat and exercise like we used to and we'd definitely make no progress. You are eating healthier and exercising well THAT IS A SUCCESS IN ITSELF. When I'm feeling scared that I'm not doing well enough or can't see too much change I try to think about the good its doing my heart and the things I can't see. I managed to do more of Leslie but not all of it - lets have a party when we do!!!!!!!!!!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 05:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

you cant do that whole thing either? LOL The one im talking about is the one mile,.. good grief,..i feel like i *should* be able too,.. im hoping it wont take me too much longer,..then i will be so proud. Good luck to us!

thanks for all the kind words gals.

:-)
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 05:49 PM   #6  
Getting back on track!

Yeah good luck to us - we're gonna do it!!!!! WE ARE GOING TO DO IT!!!!!
Annie-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 06:07 PM   #7  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Heather,

I understand how you are feeling. I am kind of going through something like that myself right now. I have been trying (I guess probably not as hard as I need to be) and have just kind of been up and down the same few numbers, and not getting anywhere ~ feeling discouraged. I need to try to think about it like Annie has suggested ~ that even though I can't see the progress, doing the right things I feel better about myself and feel better in general.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 09:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Heather, I know exactly where you are coming from, I went on this weight loss kick one summer, I was running 4 miles a day, plus weights, and watching my diet. I was eating the right kind of carbs (this was 4.5 years ago, before Atkins came out onto the scene), I was doing the "right" kinds of things, but after 6 weeks I hadn't lost a pound or an inch, so I trucked off to the doctor who told me I was just eating too much.. so being a trusting person, I cut back even more. Unfortunately I ended up with a nasty eating disorder, stupid dumba** doctors thinking they know everything, pooheads!! Grr, anyways, I'm sure I started out with a point.. oh yes! What you are feeling is normal! Continue doing what feels right for you, and don't over do it! (I forgot to stretch after a work out 2 days ago and it hurts to walk, sit, stand, laydown, breath.. etc.. teehee). I'm SURE you've lost weight, there is no way you couldn't have, keep going, and soon you will have a "non-fat" day.
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 11:32 PM   #9  
Free the athlete within!

S/C/G: 327/305/180

Default Especially for SwimGrl

Hi there. LLS/Megan here. I usually post over in Alternachicks, but I happened to see your message here RE: poo-head doctors, and I just had to share a message (with my new avatar) with you....and the quick little story that goes with it.

My avatar is me, swim-team captain, age 14 or so. I weigh 154 lbs in this photo. And because I weighed SO MUCH I was put on diet pills and adult-dose diuretics (and ended up with a potassium deficiency and fainting). Now....does this photo look like a girl who needed to lose weight?

Anyhoo, from one fellow swimmer to another, keep it up, girl! I didn't, and now I have as much to lose as I used to weigh. Of course, I'm 30 years older, too! And much, much wiser.

Megan
LeanLongStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:03 AM   #10  

Megan - it continues to amaze me how dumb doctors can be, my old family doctor told me some incredibly insensitive things, and have given me some potentially damaging prescriptions (I don't take anything but the pill, I had bronchitis a few times, never took any drugs, just vitamins and sleep, it went away pretty quick, thats just one of billions of stories). I have a lot to lose.. about 80 pounds, which feels like a lot to me. I should start swimming again, but the thought of being in a pool in a bathingsuit.. eek!!
Old 09-07-2004, 12:42 AM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Swimgirl - wait a minute... but your name is swimgirl... I'm confused! Get in the pool!

I get frustrated all the time. Mostly because I say, "hey, I've been working like crazy for 5 days! I should be to my goal weight by now!!!" Of course, we all know this a crack dream. It's all about doing it whether you see the results or not. We go to school and we don't see the results after a couple of classes but we don't just quit (ok, some of us did but we learned after our mistakes!). Most of us don't get paid after each day of work, we believe that there will be a pay off and we just keep on working!

You'll be suprised. It will come out of nowhere and one day you'll say "oh! so that's how hard I've been working!"
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:52 AM   #12  

Hold on, you mean I've been dieting for almost 2 weeks now and I HAVEN'T lost 80 pounds?!? I love instant gratification.. love.. love.. LOVE it!
Old 09-07-2004, 09:15 AM   #13  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Ditto on the feelings. One day I look in the mirror and think hey my stomach is really shrinking. The next day I could look and think all 60 lbs came back overnight. I think my fat must use FedEx to come and go. LOL Anyway the important thing is to just keep on plan.

If we always went by our feelings we would be in a mess of trouble. It's kind of like marriage. I don't always feel like loving my wife. However I always chose too. The warm fuzzy feeling is not always going to be there. That is why we have to think through our actions and keep on doing the right thing.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:55 PM   #14  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I have the same feelings of frustration that the weight isn't coming off faster and why am I having so much trouble with something that should be so much simpler? It's easy to say what we should be doing to lose weight but so very, very hard to actually do it. What I try to take comfort in is the fact that I didn't gain all this weight at once and I"m not going to lose it all at once either. Also in the fact that any positive changes that I make will improve my health regardless of whether I lose weight immediately. It is hard though to stay motivated without immediate results but this is definately a long term project so we have to keep our noses to the grindstone!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote