South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 02:25 PM   #1  

Default OK, speaking of clothing swaps......

I need some size 12 pants! I just bought a pair, and my old 14's will still last me for a bit, but I am trying to get to a size 10 and don't want to buy a ton of size 12's and have then not fit in a month. I could also use some large tops. So if anyone has any please let me know.

I'm afraid I have nothing to swap though, so basically I guess I am just asking for a handout, lol. All my size 18's & 16's went to my sister and I've already promised my 14's to someone else once I can't wear them anymore. Of course I would pay shipping costs.

Well, if ya have any size 12's let me know. If not, thanks anyhow.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:43 PM   #2  

I have some size 12 khakis and probably some other pants in the stash. Let me know.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:51 PM   #3  

Khakis would be good, and any type of office stuff. I'm pretty set on jeans cause I still have some from a long time ago that I couldn't part with.

Are you wearing a 10 now?
Old 09-03-2004, 03:57 PM   #4  
Conquering with SBD

What about dresses/skirts?
Old 09-03-2004, 04:25 PM   #5  

Nope, never wear them.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:21 PM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjo
Well, if ya have any size 12's let me know. If not, thanks anyhow.
Let me see what I can do!
Old 09-07-2004, 10:12 AM   #7  

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-13-2004, 04:31 PM   #8  

Bump
Old 09-13-2004, 09:05 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Gesundheit.

I think I have size 12 pants, they just need some hemming as I am a midget, long as I haven't already gotten rid of them. I can't remember. I have a bad habit of wearing pants that are too long, and eventually the hem comes out from me stomping on them. They look fine, otherwise, just need hemmed. What do you think?
Old 09-14-2004, 11:11 AM   #10  

Sure, I'll try them - I have nothing to lose, right?

Do you have a PayPal account? If so I could send the the postage, etc. right away. Anyhow, you can PM if you want to. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:43 PM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

I didn't want to invest much into 12's either so I went to the thrift store. I got 2 pair of Calvin Klein's a pair of Gap and a pair of Liz Claiborne for about 15 bucks. They are all very nice and look new. Ours has days when certain tags are 30% off and that is when I went. Now if I can just shrink out of them! lol Also if you have a church thrift store around they are usually very reasonable on their prices. Hope this helps.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:43 PM   #12  

I've checked the only thrift store in my area, and most of their stuff is not something I'd wear to the office. Plus, they don't have a fitting room!!! I did pick up a pair of sweats there though.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:39 AM   #13  
Conquering with SBD

I have to admit that most of my clothes come from thrift shops, or consignment stores and are second hand. I didn't mention going before because they generally do not have a very good selection of larger clothes. The smaller sizes are better.

However, don't give up. I make it a habit to scrounge through the racks about once a week, and often come up empty handed. But being persistent is the key to shopping at second hand stores. I also have great finds...this week I have worn thrift shop finds every day to work - London Fog, Dior, etc. The clothing is expensive but the price I paid is not and noone else is any the wiser. I think the most I paid for a suit was about 15.00 (and that's Canadian ).

Also, try to find out what day/time they usually put new stock out and try to be there when it is placed or shortly thereafter. That way, the good buys won't be snapped up before you get there. I have been shopping at one of the thrift stores so long that the staff phone me when they get good stuff that they think I might like. You can always develop those kinds of relationships as well.

Also, about the fitting rooms...I don't try clothes on in those places because I just find them on the too grubby side overall. I have an agreement with all the stores that, if they don't fit, or I don't like on, I can return. When there is no fitting room, you would think that returns would be a standard practice. Also, the clothes tend to unwashed, so I try them on at home wearing a skin tight leotard and stockings - just makes me feel better.

Be persistent - it will pay huge dividends in the long run.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:19 PM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I can't shop at the Salvation Army (it's a principle thing in that they discriminate against employees based on sexual orientation) and the Goodwill by me is, um, how do I put it?

Dirty?

But I plan on going Saturday anyway. I have no work clothes other than one suit. I just need some work pants and shirts!
Old 09-16-2004, 03:39 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017
But I plan on going Saturday anyway. I have no work clothes other than one suit. I just need some work pants and shirts!
What size are you now?
Closed Thread