Old 09-02-2004, 08:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default NSVs for September

I thought I'd try to make myself feel better (or possibly worse) by trying on some clothes I couldn't fit into at the beginning of the summer. I tried on a pair of Gap shorts in a size 10 that I bought while on vacation because they were cheap. They are my weight loss gauge shorts. Well, to my surprise, I got them up, buttoned and zipped, no problem. They're too tight in the butt, and too short for me to wear in public even when they become loose enough to wear, but I am so happy that I could fit into a size 10.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Shelia... That is totally AWESOME!! I am so sure that in just a few more weeks or even days, they will fit beautifully! You are a wonderful inspiration!!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:33 PM   #3  

Well, darn it, I posted and something happened and my post was lost in cyberspace somewhere. So, here I go again.

Sheila, you should be so proud of yourself. A size 10 is amazing! You are getting so slim. Gretchen too!! Last time I was in that size was 9th grade. I am so looking forward to being where you two are at. You give me hope. Thank you for that.

Here is mine. I noticed that my bras were starting to get a little big. To my surprise I have went from a 42D to a 40C. That pleases me since I really wanted to be a C cup. I hope I don't go down any further but if I do there is not a whole lot I can do about it. I've not been in this bra size since junior high. Also, I don't have any major sagging going on. I was a little worried that I might but so far so good. Who's to say that later on it will happen but for now I'm happy with how they are looking. Ok, enough about my boobs.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:07 AM   #4  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Well, Tammy, at least it's a non-scale victory! I'm very happy for your loss. And here's to no droopage! Very inspiring.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:19 AM   #5  

Yes, great boobies are inspiring if I do say so myself. Now, as for my inner thigh that's not very inspiring. Throw me some inspiration would ya Sarah.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

WTG Shelia. That is so awesome--I can't remember when I wore 10s ever. I agree that you are an inspiration to us all.

Tammy--I've gone down in that department as well just not sure how much.

As for me, I walked 2 miles last night.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 06:45 PM   #7  

Sheila - you must feel fantastic being in a size 10....congratulations, you've worked really hard, and you deserve it!

Tammy - LOL, you enjoy those non-saggy boobs, girl! Me, I've gone from a 40 JJ to a 32 G......I could not believe it when I got into a 32....as to the cup size, well, smaller would be better, but I don't think thats gonna happen.....the women in my family are large-chested, so I'lle just have to grin and bear it!

My NSV is really a late August one, but what the ****....I went to a party and saw friends I hadn't seen in six months or so....and some of them more than 18 months.....EVERYONE told me I looked fantastic.....I mean, it was embarassing, all those compliments flying about. Made me feel great, tho!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 02:45 AM   #8  
beautiful

my nsv for the last several months happened a few nights ago.
my mom took me shopping and i got this really cute pair of capri pants.
they are a size large (12/14) and they fit!!! they are stretchy but i dont care. they fit!!!! LOL normally i buy about an 18 or 20 and by the time
i wear them a few times they look like i'm wearing a balloon so i decided to go smaller
and that just happens to be the size that was there so i decided what the heck.

congrats on the shrinking boobs you guys!!! that's just awesome! i can't wait to get this weight back off so i can have normal sized boobs again. right now i'm a 42 DDD... but that's after i put those 24 pounds back on.

sheila a size 10 is wonderful!!!
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 05:31 AM   #9  

Well done girls! I love reading NSVs, and getting them too, as they take attention away from the blasted scale, and also they promote positive feelings and self-confidence.

My latest one is that I have found a class at my gym that I really love (tried yoga, it just wasn't for me). It's called 'sleek physique' and is a mix of step, aerobics with hand weights and abs work.

I'm always shattered by the end of it, but the instructor is great and really keeps the class working hard.

As I really hate exercise machines, (so far have just been swimming daily) I'm really pleased to have found a strength/cardio class I can go to twice a week - just off in a minute..on a Sunday!! (previously unheard of lol)
Katey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Sheila, congratulations! Size 10 must seem like a dream.

Tammy, LOL, you are a riot. But it IS a victory... big boobs are a sag (uh, i mean drag ).

Dawnyal, 2 miles, yay! These boots were made for walkin', right?

Shelley, congratulations! You should be proud.

Katey, great job on finding a fun class! And Sunday exercise in itself is a huuuge victory, isn't it? :-D
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:54 AM   #11  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi!

I don't know why but I usually seem to miss this thread - but it's really great to see all these small victories!

Tammy - I hear you on the boob thing! Wow, the weight is really dropping off you!

Claire - 32G ? wow, your back must be really slim! It must have felt GREAT to have all those compliments, you deserve them!

Dawnyal - 2 miles is great - well done!

Katey - good for you on finding an exercise that you enjoy - it will make such a difference to your weight loss!

Shelly - Congrats on the smaller pants! it's what it's all about isn't it!

Sheila - you have lost soooo much weight and are getting close to your target now! Size 10? That is amazing

I suppose my nsv is similar to Katey's - I've discovered an exercise that I REALLY enjoy and actually look forward to doing! It is swimming! I put off going for years because of the whole swimming costume thing - but i finally went about 6 weeks ago, and now there is no stopping me! With all other exercise there has been an element of forcing myself to go, knowing that i will feel great afterwards, but with swimming I can't wait to go, and I miss it on the days I don't go! So I'm really happy that I've finally got the exercise part sorted, and the calorie counting seems to be agreeing with me, so for the first time in my life, I'm actually thinking 'hey, I can really do this!' Now that really is a victory!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 02:00 PM   #12  

Hey Amanda

Just want to say I am totally with you on the swimming thing! I love it - and I really miss it if I don't go for a few days.....there's something about being in the water, and the rythym of the strokes which I find really stress-relieving. I often go first thing in the morning, and swim for half an hour, and use the time to think about the day ahead, plan for it etc......so Enjoy!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:55 PM   #13  

Amanda and Claire, I totally agree with you about swimming, I go before work and have a swim for half an hour, and it sets me up for the day.. it's so relaxing, doesn't feel like exercise at all!

Amanda, if you've discovered you love swimming I'd recommend doing an aqua aerobics class too if they offer them. I put off going to aerobics for ages, because I was self conscious about leaping around in a roomful of people, but with aqua aerobics, your body is mostly underwater, so I didn't find it embarrassing at all.

And it's so much fun, and gentle on the body too because the water gives support.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I love my water aerobics class, too. Don't you find that the resistance gives you a lot better workout than land aerobics? My instructor does HIIT, which I find a lot of fun, but I feel like a limp dishrag after I get out of the water. A good feeling, however.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:14 PM   #15  

I know, it's amazing really. I'm always surprised at how tired I am after a class, because when I'm actually in the water, it doesn't feel too hard.