Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-01-2004, 09:54 AM   #1  

Default I ATE PIZZA!! Feeling Guilty

Yesterday during the day I did really well. I went jogging in the morning for 30 minutes. Ate my usual breakfast (1 egg and 1 toast) and a Healthy Choice entree for lunch with fruit snacks in between. By 6:30 when I got off from work my calorie intake was at 700. Instead of keeping it up I went home and ate 4 slices of pizza!!!
Even though I went online (I love FITDAY) and calculated my calorie intake for the day to 1870 and my fat grams to 57... I still feel horrible about it. I know that it isn't THAT bad but I could have done much better.

How am I ever going to lose this weight if I have no will power? HELP!!
Shelle_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:51 AM   #2  
Princess In Training

Everyone has their moments of weakness... As long as it is simply that, a moment, then your diet is still safe. Every day is a new day and a fresh start.

You can do it!
IWantMyFairyTale2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 11:12 AM   #3  

Thank you for your reply... I think that my main problem might be that I don't plan my evening meal. By 6:30 I am starving and sometimes don't care about sticking to my diet.
I really just realized this a few days ago. So I think it would solve my problem if I KNOW what I will eat and exactly what time I will eat it!!

I have been thinking about having another frozen entree for dinner - but adding a side salad and a cup of fresh vegetables. Also some fruit for dessert.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:28 PM   #4  

Yup, you're right ... planning is very important, ESPECIALLY when you're really hungry. Planning my next day's menu the night before has been crucial to my ability to stay on my program. If I leave it up to the "what do I feel like" eating decision process, the answer is always something I shouldn't eat! And if I'm really hungry it's even worse.

And, there's nothing wrong with a frozen entree with added vegetables for dinner. I do it all the time.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 02:38 PM   #5  

When I first started out I was very strict with my diet so I could establish good eating habbits. With those habbits in place I feel as though if I eat right 90 to 95% of the time the other moments aren't going to matter becasue it's not the norm for me anymore. It's OK to have pizza sometimes, just make sure your normal eating is healthy.
kblahetka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:17 PM   #6  

If you are really hungry, while trying to determine what to fix for dinner, how about munching on some mini carrots or a piece of fruit, such as an apple, to hold you over until you can get something nutritious fixed for dinner? There is nothing wrong with going off plan once in a great while, just so you quickly go back to eating healthy the next day. Everyone blows their healthy eating every so often, so forgive yourself, pick yourself up, and start all over.
Good luck. I know you can do it!
CAROL
Carolfromfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:07 AM   #7  
singletrack chick

feeling guilty is a terrible way to be. yesterday i drank a couple of margaritas on my day that i am not supposed to drink. (i give myself one day a week to drink and eat whatever i want. i felt so bad until i went to fitday and calculated how much i had drank and then realized that the hour long mountain bike ride that i did burned all the calories off. you shouldnt feel guilty. pizza is good. try to keep things in your fridge to make your own though. i use whole wheat tortillas as the crust. i can make my own personal pan pizza for less that 300 cal. its better than any store bought and no guilt.

to keep myself from splurging at dinner, as i too am famished when i get home, i eat a snakc right before i leave work. usually a grapefruit. that gives me enough time to get home and figure out a good meal before i pig out on junk.

dont feel guilty. you ran and you got pizza as a reward. just be careful for the rest of the week. or excercise for an hour today instead of 30 minutes. feeling guilty will only crush your spirit and make it easier to give up.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:32 AM   #8  

I love that I joined this forum!! Thank you for all of your support!

Yesterday I did very well. I did not binge on anything. I stuck to my diet and was amazed that I was not hungry nor did I have the desire to snack on the unhealthy foods that I was surrounded by (I was at a sand volleyball game).

Thanks Again.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:03 PM   #9  

you sound JUST like me. Im great all day and then in the evening im done.I have learned that if i keep my own freezer meals in freezer that it works out well. I as well make my own pizzas with low carb tortillias and freeze 10 at a time, i make 2 noodles boxes worth of lasagna roll ups. I freeze lentil,navy bean,split pea & chicke pea soup in individual serving sizes. I also cook and premeasure pasta & rice and feeze that. i do my own taco,fajita & oriental meal kits where everything you need is in one bag and ready to go.... I make my own crockpot kits for the freezer as well, or i make up a crocpot meal spur of the moment and freeze leftovers as frozen dinners..your right you need to start planning ahead..after awhile you will get the hang of it & once you get your freezer full it will be smooth sailing replaceing only what you need as you go..hth
hugs
niccii
microminime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 11:31 PM   #10  

Default before dinner snack

V8, that's my magic bullet. while i'm cooking, when i get home, when i'm feeling peckish. it's very filling, full of nutrients and low cal.

gen
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 09:11 AM   #11  

Pizza isn't always evil ... if you can stick to the crispy based, vegitarian and keep it to two slices - no garlic bread - it certainly won't break the calorie bank by too much
goeatanapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:55 AM   #12  

Yes, think about your calorie intake as being over a week, or being over two days. Then you'll realize that you can have one bad day, and you can still be OP in the grand scheme of things. You aren't going to give up pizza forever, right?
Aquareggie is offline   Reply With Quote