Old 09-04-2004, 08:01 AM   #1  

Default STAY AT HOME MOMS # 236 Saturday !!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 08:06 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone has a pleasant Labor day weekend planned!

JUSt want to say to SPRYNG!! YAHOOO on DH coming home on suprise...Good thing you bought that nighty!! lol. But seriously have a wonderful time. It's so nice to be surprised.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 08:48 AM   #3  
Walking away the weight

Morning . . . I'm STILL tired. Now Liam decided to stay up realllllyyyyy late (11pm), but wake up at 7:30am anyway. Of course he's already tired and might take a nap as I type.

Here are the stats on my friend's new baby:Nina Mireille
born Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2004, 9:23 p.m.
8 lbs., 9 oz., 20-1/4" long

I really like her first and middle name a lot

Kristin- sorry yesterday was so bad for you Hope today is far better. What kind of test did you get? If it's one of those ones that you can test early, and if it comes with more than one test stick . . . test away! I took 4 tests LOL.

Cheri- yes, that's exactly my dilemma with Flylady- much of the stuff doesn't "apply" to my home for some odd reason LOL. I hadn't heard of Motivated Moms, but will check it out. Do you do the whole index card thing? No, I've never done the Christmas Notebook, but will look at it.

Michelle- can't wait to see the pic of Yugi

Good morning, Mel Hope you have some fun things planned today.

Not sure what's on my agenda for today yet. I have some stuff I need to mail, but that would entail installing Liam's carseat in the car I'm using until ours returns from TX! I hate installing carseats.

Last edited by Loveliam; 09-04-2004 at 11:36 AM.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 09:01 AM   #4  
SAHM of 3

Hi all. I slept in this morning. Now I've got to get kids some breakfast. My night was only okay. Andrew woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep after only having one nap yesterday. I'll tell you that I can't wait until we have 3 bedrooms. He is still having such a hard time with this room thing.
Not much to do today. We've got a birhtday party to go to for Crispen, a little one year old boy. He's related through marriage. But that's not until dinner time. So I'm gonna hang around the house today.
Sorry I can't get personal yet, Andrew is cranky and pulling at my keyboard. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 10:22 AM   #5  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default hello girls

I think my headache is gone, but I will wait til I have been up longer to say for sure.

I didn't really weigh first thing yesterday, so I thought I was up, but today I am down half a pound from last week.

Hey Leigh...take a look at www.mymessyhouse.com too! They do a room a day throughout the week and although the Flylady stuff is my motivator, I use the Lucky Room of the day to clean by. With 7 kids, hitting a room once a month is not good enough, once a week works better. I still do the room in 15 minute challenges and use alot of the Flylady stuff with it. Maybe that will help you. You can combine several programs that work for you like me!! LOL!!
You can also check out www.declutterdivas.com, it's like OH, but on a smaller scale and the people there are great! They post their daily lists and come back and check off what is done. Let me know what you think.

YAY Spryng!! What a nice surprise!

Need to eat, be back later...nothing special planned for the day or the weekend. I'd be happy to just feel better.

Love ya!
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 10:55 AM   #6  
SAHM of 3

I'm back for a few but still in my pj's. Hoping to dress in a bit. Got one load of laundry that I need to do. Sink is shining and kitchen is swept. I don't do alot on weekends though unless I have to.
Cindi, so glad your headache is gone. I'm gonna check out those sites. I didn't stick with flylady once I got pregnant but I'm getting back in the groove of things.
Leigh, I hate installing car seats too. I do like that name but how exactly do you pronounce the middle name? And what is the name of the older sister? Just wondering if there was any connection between the two.

Okay, gotta get off and get dressed and got some research to do online. TTYL
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 01:09 PM   #7  
Walking away the weight

Okay, obviously it's just a weird/bad news WEEK. Now there are 2 security "incidents" at LAX and the airport is partially shut down!

Cindi- thanks for the links. I will check them out and come up with some system that works for me LOL.

Crystal- she says it's prnounced mee-RAY and is the French form of Mary or Miriam. I'm not sure why none of the L's are pronounced since it's French. Not that I speak French or anything LOL.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:21 PM   #8  

Hi everyone, I hope you all are having a good holiday weekend.

Leigh, I love that name. Sounds so pretty, and that is a pretty good size baby! My ds was 8 pounds 8 oz. and I thought he was like a watermelon coming out ! About all the bad news doesn't it just seem like there is so much lately? I can't stand all the heartbreaking stories, it makes me appreciate what I have. Maybe you can sneek a nap in too while Liam goes down for his. The late nights and early am's are so hard.

Spryng happy to hear dh made a surprise visit. I bet it will make the week fly by now until he is home next weekend. Have fun and can't wait to hear from ya tonight. Did you use any flex while he was at home? I was thinking about you and I think it would be easier to diet when hubby's are gone. Because they always want the bad or should I say good stuff !

Well my mom just popped in gotta run and visit I guess! Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 04:52 PM   #9  
Walking away the weight

Ya'll are so quiet today LOL.

Cheri- OMG! I love that organized Christmas stuff. Wow, wow, wow. I'll be implementing that this year

Julie- Hi! No nap for me so far But I'm okay. I had an awful headach this morning - which I very rarely get - but I took some pain killers and its gone. Hope you have fun with your mother today.

Crystal- I forgot- their first daughter is named Susannah.

Okay, I'm in the middle of putting together my organizational system. I'm hoping to begin tomorrow . . .
Old 09-04-2004, 05:28 PM   #10  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Afternoon!

I really am feeling better, maybe I just needed to get sick to slow down my eating binge!! Sad to say, but it's working! I have been so sick, the last thing I want to do is pig out on anything...wish me luck that I can use this opportunity to start back on some kinda plan.

Leigh...I hope you will share your organization system with us. Mine uses the morning/evening routine with 5 items on each, Lucky Room of the day in 15 minute segments, if I get all of that done, everything else is just an added bonus, but I do try to do some of Kelly's missions if needed. What I am working on now is forming an evening routine for the kids that will stick...even in my absence. Not an easy task. But I am trying to find what works. I need to put my stuff on paper so I remember it all. My head isn't very clear these days, LOL!

I have done well with my eating and my drinking today, might even do some weight lifting before day's end. What about the rest of you? What's for dinner?

Back in a bit
Old 09-04-2004, 06:35 PM   #11  
Walking away the weight

Default Evening

I'm so excited! I came up with an organizational system for my home. Using various sources like shesorganized.com and Motivated Moms, etc. I came up with a system very specific to my needs that I really think just may work LOL. Since Cindi expressed interest, I'm going to attempt to attach it so ya'll can see it if you want (or not if you have no interest )

It's one page that I can use every day, so I think I'll either put it in a page protector or laminate it and then get a write on/wipe off pen to check items off or add things to the lists for certain days/months. I think I'll keep it on the frig

Cindi- I hope you feel better soon! I know you say it's helping the diet, but that's no way to lose weight . . .

Anyway, I'll TTYL. I need a break from all this computer work!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Homeorg.doc (23.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 09-04-2004, 09:08 PM   #12  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Default Hello!

Leigh,

Looks like you have a great plan that works for you(we hope anyway!)!! That's really what it's all about...using the info that's out there to adapt to your life. You have inspired me to type mine up and see how that works. I have been reading testimonials to Flylady about the importance of writing things out.

I hate that I have to get sick to see the light, too. But I needed this eye opening experience not to lose weight, but to gain a fresh start. It was like my bad eating habits take on a "snowball" effect and had no stopping point. Does that make sense? Now that I feel better, I am really trying to THINK about what I put in my body and make it count, in the best way possible. Yes, I know I am a little on the crazy side, so just keep that in mind as you read my posts and love me anyway

I can't believe how slow this thread is today!! When I have time to chat, no one is around!!! I'll be back soon!
Old 09-04-2004, 09:42 PM   #13  
soontobethin

Hi, all,
First, congrats to all the losers this week. Second, the QOTD: I would like to be able to find a cure for AIDS. I don't know anyone who has it, but it would be nice not to worry about it.
Now, what I am about to say is my own personal opinion, and don't think I am mean and cold hearted. But yesterday when I was watching tv, and they broke in with a special news report on Clinton's heart surgery, I could care less. I mean, people have that kind of surgery every day, and they break in for that? Come on. It's kind of like when Dale Earnhardt died at Daytona, and four years later, who cares?
Anyway, school is going good. This week I learned manicures, pedicures, facials, eyebrow waxing and tinting. I took my first test yesterday, and passed. There are only 4 people in my class. Next week we get to learn to cut hair.
I did my exercise every other day this week. I didn't lose any, but didn't gain. Anyway, Have a good weekend. Anyone near the hurricane, I hope it doesn't affect you too much.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 11:00 PM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

I just got in a couple hours ago but I just went through all the posts.

I am just beat and will check in in the am Hope everyone has a great night.

We were suppose to stay through the weekend but Andrew started yesterday with a running nose, congested, and coughing really bad. He had a bad night and today he didn't seem any better. So we decided to get to the house. I just put him to bed and he vomitted all over me three times Poor baby!

But mother's instict was right and I am glad I came home with him.

TTYL
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 11:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello all!

Sorry I didn't get on until now... dh ended up staying until almost 8 pm.... poor guy, now he has to drive until 5 am with no sleep. But he does really good so I'm not too worried about it. But we had a great day together! We got up this morning and went out to breakfast with his parents, which was actually alot of fun, and then went yard saling all morning. That was a blast! I got lots of cute things for the kids and myself 4 pairs of size 8 jeans that were name brand. I tried them all on when I got home and they are a perfect fit, even a little loose!! Yipee!!! Then we came home and just enjoyed spending time with the kids and then out again for dinner (chinese... I have no weekly pts left which won't be too bad if I exercise like I'm suppose to this week. I may have to exercise everyday instead of just 3 x's.) but we had a nice time. He really didn't want to leave, lol... but only 6 more days and he'll be home for the weekend. We are also making some big decisions... we had decided when he started driving a truck that he would only do other the road for one year... well, this month makes one year. Then he wanted to find a local driving job where he can be home every night and on the weekends... so now we are in the process of looking for one. I hope we can find something. I think it's time we have him home more often. Oh and that job position at his company was filled the other day so he wasn't even considered for it. But transam (his company) does have day cabs that just drive 7am-4pm and that is something we are talking about, it would be 1 1/2 hr drive one way each day though just to get to work, so I don't know if that will be a good idea since gas prices are what they are right now, and we only have one vehicle so if he gets a regular job I will not have a car here to do anything. Which isn't that big a deal unless there is an emergency. But anyway... just thinking out loud, lol.

Oh I got an email from Geri!!! Here is what she said: "We made it to TX at about 3am this morning. Only got about 4 hours of sleep so I'm feeling kind of hung over. Please let everyone know that we're safe and in Austin. Will head to the gulf coast probably Tuesday." So now we know where she is and how she is... I hope she is having a great trip!

OK, who had the QOTD today? Oh... it was Geri... oops. Well I guess it's too late to have one so Crystal is tomorrow and I'll look forward to that one!

OK, I'm a little behind but I did skim today's thread and I copied all those cleaning sites! I am excited to go check them out!

Kristin... no TOM still?? did you take another test or still waiting a few more days? I'm sure the suspense is killing you because I know it's killing me!! LOL!

I wish I could get more personal but I am beat! Tomorrow I will be cleaning house like a mad woman, lol... it is terrible. So hello and good night to everyone! Sleep well! TTYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote