South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 06:02 PM   #1  
tigerlily29

Question Anyone have a weight loss anthem?

Mine is Pat Benetar's "Invincible". It's a great song to get motivated and lose the weight I so desperately need to lose. My favorite qoute is "Get busy living or get busy dying." That is why I want to lose weight. It's not so much about wanting to be skinny as it is wanting to be happy. When I lost 40lbs before I got pregnant with my little Maya Grace I felt so good for losing it. I want to have that feeling back. It truly does make you feel invincible.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:13 PM   #2  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Victory Theme from Top Gun. You know, the electric guitar at the end of the movie when Tom makes everything better?

Neerr....neer neeeer...neerneerneerneerneeeerr...neerrrr....neer neer neeeerrr... neer neer neeeerrrr...neerrr neer neer neerrr....... (music notes floating)

Also what Terry and I are going to walk into our wedding reception to.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:43 PM   #3  
Peanut's Mom

Okay, mine is the Ecstacy of Gold performed by Metallica on their S&M album. Originally, it is from the Clint Eastwood movie The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. It's a pretty cool instrumental piece. DH and I used it for our entrance to our wedding reception. It was a toss up between that and the Imperial March from Star Wars.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:39 AM   #4  

I always get psyched by "Wild Women" sung by Natalie Cole on the Pretty Woman soundtrack.

Wild women do -
and they don't regret it!

Old 08-30-2004, 12:48 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Heidi, that's a great song! I love that whole soundtrack! <happy sigh>

Welcome, Tigerlily, great topic! :

Oh wow...I've never thought about this before...if I was going for lyrics, it'd probably be something like Amy Grant's "Baby Baby", since I'm losing this weight to make my body healthy enough to have children. As for the type of song that makes my workouts more enjoyable and me more pumped...there are so many good ones! I'm not really sure...I really like the beat on Outkast's "I like the way you move", and it makes me feel sexy.

Looking forward to reading other's posts!
Old 08-30-2004, 01:18 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The Theme from Chariots of Fire. Also the Triumphal March from Aida.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:53 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Ooh! Chariots of Fire! That's awesome!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:56 AM   #8  
yaya9577

Smile

My weight-loss anthem...ever since I heard the song was Christina Aguilera's "Fighter". I think it's a pretty positive song and I love the beat... as for workout songs... I switch so much---punk, Shania Twain, and Korn (Got the Life)...kinda weird mix, huh?!?!
Old 08-31-2004, 08:27 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Yaya, that's a great one!!! I like that a lot!
Old 08-31-2004, 11:10 AM   #10  

My ultimate favorite work out song is It's Raining Men. It just makes me laugh. I envision gorgeous men falling from the sky, with a very satisifed Mother Nature looking on from above. This is especially fun at the gym when I can put faces to the gorgeous men. ;-)
Old 09-02-2004, 07:51 PM   #11  
Faith in me

My favorite work out song is "I need a hero" (i think that's the name) it's fast and has a great beat....I also like it's raining men....lol I have a whole cd i made with a bunch of great songs that just motivate me...and I end it with "One moment in time"
Old 09-02-2004, 08:03 PM   #12  
Working for the Cruise!

Mine is a bit strange for me as I'm the usual Jazz Frank or Celine kinda gal, but mine is "Lose Yourself" by Eminem. It makes me forget about everything except the reasons I'm doing this and it helps me concentrate on my goal. The only rap song I know!
Old 09-02-2004, 09:46 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiaFaith
...but mine is "Lose Yourself" by Eminem. It makes me forget about everything except the reasons I'm doing this and it helps me concentrate on my goal.
OMG, I have been hesitating responding to this because seriously this and Eminem's "Controversy" are the two songs I like working out to the most. In kickboxing class, I swear I work 2x as hard when Eminem in on. And I don't listen to his music.

Another song for me is "Runaway" by Bon Jovi.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:11 PM   #14  

Jess, "I need a hero" is my fav. workout song too!
Old 09-03-2004, 02:20 PM   #15  
Working for the Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilintwins
OMG, I have been hesitating responding to this because seriously this and Eminem's "Controversy" are the two songs I like working out to the most. In kickboxing class, I swear I work 2x as hard when Eminem in on. And I don't listen to his music.

Another song for me is "Runaway" by Bon Jovi.
I know, I was hesitant to post as well. I'm NOT the rap type, but he gets a beat going and I can feel it. That's when I hit 6.5 or 7 mph on the treadmill, that's when I do 300 crunches rather than my usual 150. It works for me. Glad to hear there is someone else out there too!
Closed Thread