South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 06:46 AM   #1  

Default Tgif!!

Morning chicks!

Just starting us off for the day. Another week that I am so thankful it is Friday. This weekend I truly have to regroup with my eating and exercise. I am up a few pounds, but feel horrible. I feel bloated and ick. NOT what I want for myself!!

I will catch up on posts either tonight or tomorrow morning. In the meantime- be good!
Old 09-03-2004, 06:58 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for starting us up, Kiko.

I've been up since five this morning. My dogs howled like a pack of wolves at something then. Very strange. I even checked Harry to be sure he was still alive!

I have a meeting at 8:30 this morning so can't linger. Anyhow, it's so darn cold in here I can barely type. I'll be back later. It's supposed to warm up for the weekend.

Havea hot coffee for me, please.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:05 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Karen, being bloated is a horrible feeling... I feel the same right now. Come on, girl... let's get back on track!

Ruth, I shut all the windows in here last night, and it's a little cozier than it was yesterday morning. My house was freezing all day, despite the fact that it warmed up outside.

Last night Dad decided to stop eating and drinking to "hasten the process", so we'll see how long he lasts.

I'll be back later... sending love and hugs to all of you...
Old 09-03-2004, 07:19 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

(((Ellis))) Don't know what else to say at this point. Just know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Kiko, I'm with you. I hate that icky feeling that bloat gives.

Ruth, I sometimes suspect our furry babies do stuff like that for the sheer amusement of seeing us humans get all wigged out. Mine will get their hackles up, race to the door and bark like maniacs. We'll follow and the only thing moving are the leaves in the trees. Silly critters.

I'm so glad the weekend is upon us...and here in the States, it's a 3 day weekend. Woo-Hoo!

DD was supposed to make tamales with me this weekend, but now that school has started back up, she's busy with "her" kids. She volunteers as a counselor for the Pathfinder program at church. So, tamales are out. I guess I'll just hang out and relax this weekend.

Meeting with Mary after work. I'll be empty-handed. She's gonna kill me. I was just too busy this week at work and DH was a computer hog or I was just too freakin' tired to be creative. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hope all you Chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 09-03-2004, 08:21 AM   #5  

Smile

Hi all,
We're heading into a 3-day weekend here in Canada too. In my case it is like a 4-day weekend since my DH has managed a rare day off.

We're packing a lunch and heading to the Lion Safari - hoping my struggling car will make it through the 'wilderness' without stalling. I can imagine sitting there in the stalled car, watching a Lion debate whether these 4 humans would be legal on the SB plan lol!

I avoided media the rest of yesterday and just got the headlines this morning. My grandfather always told me that he didn't believe in worrying; if you can do something about it, then just do it, otherwise let it go. Good advice.

Ellis, I know that doesn't apply to situations close to your heart. I've been in your place and there is no letting go, just limbo. I hope your family's suffering is relieved soon.

Have the best day you can, everyone.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:23 AM   #6  

morning chickies,
TGIF is damn right!!! another long busy week behind me. thank goodness. lots planned for the long weekend going to the county fair tonight and we have tickets for the demolition derby should be fun, tomorrow is football practice for ds and then to the camper and then a football game at night. sunday i will veg like a jellyfish on the beach i am doing NOTHING i tell you JUST NOTHING. monday is no work and a cookout if the weather cooperates. i'll do my best to stay op but i really feel the urge to have some beer (actually i just want to totally loose and get drunk) but, i will limit myself.

(((((((((ellis))))))))))

ruth i was also up at 5 for no good reason, heres to a little cat nap later.

mama hope you have a good weekend even if it is tamaleless.

kiko hi!!!

to all you lovely ladies yet to post have a great day!!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 08:26 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning all.

Early day/long day today. I do NOT want to go. I want to go back to sleep. Had a hard time sleeping last night. Here's me, again: I am soooo ready to ditch a job.

Enough whining. Must shower. Love you all. Have a great day.

PS *HUGS* Ellis. My prayers are with you and your family.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:26 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks I never did get back here yesterday. The kids took over the computer for most of the day. Then I went shopping last night. DH finally got the last coat of paint on the floor and the walls are all done. He just has to do the trim and by Sunday we should be ready to move in to our new bedroom. So I bought a beautiful plaid like material that is a cream and two shades of blue a dark and a light. Then I bought a plain blue for the closet ( as it has no real door) and a new Blue bedspread. I can't wait to get it all together. Other than that nothing is new got another job call but I don't think that I am going to take that one either just not me. I am excited that the kids go to school on Tuesday ( monday is a holiday ) and I am only going to have one home with me during the day tue to friday this week. Oh what will I do with my spare time. I could even exercise during nap time,
Well I must go dh is home again today and I need to crack the whip.

Morning Ruth, Kiko and Ellis ( you are in my prayers and thoughts often. I hope you dad gets his wish)
Old 09-03-2004, 08:26 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning Little Chickie. Must have posted at the same time. Have a good day!
Old 09-03-2004, 08:28 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Wow Morning Mama, jodi,weezle,Hedi I guess everyone is on the puter at the same time. Hope ya all have a great day.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:56 AM   #11  

Mornin' everyone. TGIF for sure! I am all alone at work today and don't plan on doing much, so keep the posts coming to keep me occupied!

I have no big plans for the long weekend. Going to the pool tomorrow (only 2nd time this year). My stinky dogs are getting groomed tomorrow too and I am very excited about that, lol. And we are in the process of scraping the paint off the outside of our house (fun). So that is pretty much how my weekend is gonna go. Boring, but that's OK with me
Old 09-03-2004, 09:38 AM   #12  

Wow! Everyone is busy early today!

Karen - you can do it! Maybe you are retaining water? It looks like a good weekend to exercise.

Sorry, it's so cold in Canada. We're still in the 90's and still dealing with ozone alert days. Sometimes Fall is so short here that when we blink it is gone.

Ellis - I know what you are going through. With me it was my mom.

I couldn't believe it when I got on the scales this morning. I am now down to 169.5. But, do you know what is special about that? I am no longer obese!! It feels so good to be overweight! I just feel like I want to tell everyone.

Keep a prayer for those in the patch of hurricane Francis, please? Thank goodness it is weakening. My sisters did okay with Charley so maybe they will be fine this time too.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:01 AM   #13  
RNMOM

Default Good morning

Yep, it is Friday. Hooray!!!! I actually have the weekend off plus Monday. I am going to do some serious housecleaning. Everyone better stay out of my way!

Ellis, hugs your way. I worked in the ER yesterday and a 95 year old female came in, healthy and totally with it until a few hour prior. Her sons were all there and they decided to let her go. We gave them privacy and time, went in only to offer comfort to the family and give pain medication to the patient. It was really a beautiful experience for the family. My thoughts are with you.

Feeling like I'm back on track again after my 3 week hiatus.

Hope you all do what YOU want to do this weekend.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:07 AM   #14  

Default Long day

Buenos dias, ladies. I have been on the phone all morning trying to find old exchange rates for currencies which are now obselete. What a wild goose chase!

It sounds like everyone is having a nice day. Busy already. Ellis, we are thinking of you and your dad. Also, of the people in Russia and in Florida. Lots of angels to watch over them.

As for moi, I have a good weekend planned. Studying, relaxing, helping out my family. I am making a yummy dinner tonight, will post the recipe. Poached salmon with cucumber raita, from the Williams-Sonoma Fresh and Light cookbook. That is going to be the highlight of my day.

Have a great day at the beach!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:33 AM   #15  

Morning all, though it is soon to be good night for me! I'm exhausted but usually am after the first night of nights.

I will post a question thread when I'm done, advice needed and most welcome if you have the time.

Heidi -- have a blast for me at the Lion Safari, I have such good memories of going as a kid, may the monkeys not rip off the roof of your car or poop on the hood and may you escape the wrath of an obscenely long giraffe tongue should you make the mistake of trying to feed it through a cracked window. Learn from my errors

LC -- your new bedroom sounds heavenly, suffice it to say I'm jealous!

Ellis -- I'm unsure of how to read your post - is your Dad on a "hunger strike" (for lack of a better description) or has his appetite disappeared? I know my Dad ate when we asked him to even though he was not hungry and then just one day said "no more". If your Dad truly isn't hungry and stops eating, it's likely only going to be a few days. However, if your Dad is anything like mine (read stubborn) only God knows how long it will be. I pray that when it comes it will be swift, peaceful and painless.

Kristin
Closed Thread