South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 06:24 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Thurs chit chat

Morning chicks sorry about yesterday the day just got away from me. I was here for a few minutes and never did get back to post. Can't believe I missed my fav day. Why is it when I get here this early in the morning the wee ones start coming in.... work always gets in the way of fun be right back.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:12 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Little Chick. I always love it when the daily is already started!

My "wee ones" got me up at five with urgent barking for potty breaks. Lucy didn't even make it off the deck so is in minor disgrace. Minor disgrace lasts until she looks at me with those lovely eyes and gives a small wag! Darn dogs rule the world around here!

It's a tad nippy this morning again so coffee on the deck meant a jacket over the robe. However, the sunrise was gorgeous again and today promises a nice day.

Sarah comes at eight and Jane comes at eleven so it'll be a zippy morning around here. We have plants to move and I hope to have her clean my car after that. It's dirty work hauling plants! I won't leave for town as soon as Jane arrives - just a bit more work on that script needs doing. She will be in charge of Harry's lunch and I will have a Caesar salad (sans croutons) en route to my 1:30 haircut in town. I'll do a quick shop for groceries and be home by four. Five hours makes my afternoon off a lot more relaxing!

Tonight I have a read through of the November play and will know who else has been cast. I know the names but have not attached them to the people who were at the casting call. It should be interesting.

So another busy day here in Dog World/Mayberry. What's happening at your house?
Old 09-02-2004, 07:17 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

It rained off and on all day yesterday. But the storm should be moving out so today will be more dry than wet. The plants look all revived..everything except my poor parsley, that is. It still hasn't recovered from getting eaten by some maurauding critter.

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a bunch of parsley at the farmers market tomorrow. I've been wanting to make some pesto. There's some new low carb pasta on the market that I want to try. I'm hoping my tummy won't object to it.

As for the pizza yesterday; BIL brought home a very, very thin crust pizza and I only had one slice. Yesterday was a very, very OP day for me. The only thing was, that ham is so danged salty that even having a few small pieces was enough to make me retain water. I'm going to try very hard to lower my sodium intake this week and see what happens.

Little Chick and all you chicks still snoozing...hope you have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 09-02-2004, 07:57 AM   #4  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Smile Happy Thursday

GOOOOOOOD MOOOOORNING!
2 bad days but now I am back. I feel off the wagon and was dragged underneath on Tuesday.......rice kripie treats and cc cookies. My fault for making them for my guests...the rest of dinner was all on...tomato, basil and mozz. salad, fruit salad, and a garden salad with balsamic chicken. Yestday wasn't much better....I didn't eat 6 meals. In fact I only ate 2 lunch and flax/soy chips and hummus for dinner. I need to get back today and stay op this weekend. Will certainly be a challenge with company here.

was a short day yesterday. The electricity went out so we got to leave early.....securing at 1 tomorrow too...I love short weeks! Gonna run in the shower and get to work early today.....by 9 . hope everyone has a wonderful day on the beach!
Sheila
Old 09-02-2004, 08:20 AM   #5  

morning chicks,
sorry i wasn't able to make it in here yesterday, i did get to read some posts but did not have time to post. so a big hug and hello for today!!! well i am on day 3 of p1. i AM doing it!! feeling ok the headache is gone and so are my nasty night binges (for now anyway) had a busy day at work yesterday but i did make the time to go to lunch with dh, we used to meet at least 1 time a week but things are so hectic lately we haven't had time. home and school meeting last night for dd she has some very nice classes and a fairly light schedule this semester so she is adjusting to high school very nicely. they had a beautiful buffett set up in the cafeteria but really nothing op so i skipped the refreshments and wandered around the halls for a bit. i went to the same high school and so it brought back lots of good memories for me.

today is work and then house cleaning and laundry, not gonna get much done with the holiday weekend at home so i better get my butt moving tonight. hope you all have a great weekend!!!!
Old 09-02-2004, 08:58 AM   #6  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Good morning everyone!

Ruth -- I love it that you watch the sunrise in the morning! I will have to live vicariously. I think I must have been in the shower for sunrise, getting ready to get to the office early.

Which is where I am now. I re-read some of South Beach last night and DH and I talked through it some more. I typically jusmp into things before really fully considering them, and then more often than not it doesn't last long. So, I think this "preparation" time will be very helpful. Collecting recipes, etc.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Lauren
Old 09-02-2004, 09:01 AM   #7  

'Morning everyone,

What a beautiful day it is here. Cool, but sunny. Perfect for coffee on the swing (if the hardwood floor installers aren't working next door today!)

Mamacita, I can sympathize - we've had maaurauding rabbits in the garden. Anything not in a raised bed has been subject to their appetites. The snails haven't helped either.

I can't get my ear away from the radio today, hoping for a peaceful solution to the kidnapping in Russia. I can't believe any cause justifies terrorizing any people, let alone little kids. It's really disturbing and I find it hard not to let it colour my view of the world. Perhaps it's time to turn off the media and just check back at the end of the day.

Sorry for the downer. On the upside, I'm down 2 pounds this morning. Yahooo! I realized that the most I had ever lost at Weight Watchers was just a little more than this, and it involved a much greater effort. Nobody has yet noticed my loss, but I guess they get used to seeing a fat woman, so the degrees of fat don't come into it for them.

Justjodi, glad your dd is adjusting to high school. It's a big change.

Shequila, it's difficult to stay op with guests around. Good luck!

Ruth, sounds like a really interesting project you're working on. Hope the read-through goes well for everyone.

Littlechick, it's hard to type with children in your lap, isn't it?

Hope everybody has a great day.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:03 AM   #8  

GoldieFun, we must have hit "enter" at the same time! Have a great day!
Old 09-02-2004, 09:10 AM   #9  

Good morning, gals! I'm working from home today since I have to go in for a blood pressure check in a few minutes. I've been watching at home and my BP has been great now that I am off the diuretic. I'm hoping to convince her that I can get rid of some more blood pressure meds. I'm down 8.5 pounds since I saw her last month so hopefully she will be happy. I'll be back later today to update everyone.

Oh, I am proud of something I did last night. We had some old leftovers in the freezer. It was chicken bake roma which is on plan (chicken, zucchini, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes) except that it was on top of regular pasta. I separated the pasta from the meat and veggies and gave my son the pasta and then put the meat and veggies on a WW tortilla and had that. It was really good and I didn't waste the food. I hate wasting food but didn't want to eat off plan either.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:05 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

LC, glad to see you...those wee ones can really take all your time! But just think...soon you'll have one day off a week!

Ruth: those puppies have you wrapped around their paws, huh? That's okay...mine does too. Did you get the hours upped for Harry after all? That's great! Enjoy your afternoon off!

Mama, at least the critter has good breath! Do you make pesto with parsley? I usually make mine with basil...which reminds me...the farmer's market is this afternoon...wonder if I could convince my lunch dates to stop for a minute so I can pick some up? Enjoy your market...aren't they fun?

Sheila, stay on the OP wagon today and stay away from those chips! Hope it's a great day!

Lauren, glad you've joined the daily! I loved my prep time, too. Helps you get ready. Check out the PB cup, Stuffed Chicken, Taco Bake, and Almond Dijon Chicken in the forums. They are all Phase 1 safe and very yummy!

Heidi, I know how you feel. I went on a no-media diet two years ago and it has helped me immensely. I don't watch the news, read the newspaper, or listen to the news on the radio. My mother is appalled and thinks it's awful to be uninformed. The thing is...so many horrible things are happening in the world and there is little I can do to change it, so I really get upset and that does nothing for anyone. If the event is really important, someone mentions it to me and I know. Otherwise, I don't, and that's great. In the meantime, I signed up for alerts and other e-mails from political groups I believe in, and so I'm able to do little things for change, like write e-mails, send faxes, etc. I'll be praying for the Russians and hope things turn out well.

Barb, I'm so proud of you for your OP actions last night and your success with your health! I know your doctor will be, too! YGG!

Me:

I'm sure there will be ten posts by the time this gets on the board...I am sorry for everyone I missed!

I have been dealing with great fatigue for about 2 years now. I'm talking bone weariness. I have a bunch of other health issues (oy!), and I wasn't sure if it was related to those or to my high weight. About four months ago, my doctor ran bloodwork and found I was anemic. I've been on iron since, and I'm back to normal, but I still am very tired. The doctor then ran tests for Lyme and Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV, causes Mono) and the EBV came back positive. It shows that I was not exposed recently. Rather, I have a raging case of the antigens in my blood and my body is producing antibodies to deal with it. EBV is common, with 95% of the population getting it in their lifetime. 1 out of 4 gets Mono without knowing, and I'm obviously one of those, as I never knew. Anyways, one of the tests that came back convinced my doctor that I have Chronic EBV a.k.a. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. <groan>

I am so bummed! There is not only no cure for this, but the disease gets little to no respect from others. It's not like I can say, "I have ___" and people will understand. I'm heading for an extremely full year with over full time work, full time school, DH and home, three pets, trying to exercise and making SBD meals. It's going to be tough! I guess I'm just going to have to take it easy when I get really exhausted and deal with it. I hate feeling so weary that I'm afraid I can't finish the day. And I want to keep exercising as hard as I am and even harder...but I'm going to have to accept that some days that's not going to happen. I'm determined not to let this be an excuse to get off plan or change this WOE...I know this is the best thing I could do for my health, for now and for the future. :

I finished the baby quilt last night and it looks really nice! I did a great cardio workout on the elliptical yesterday...longer than I've ever done before, and even harder! I found that I was instinctively squeezing my abs while on the elliptical and today they actually hurt! A friend of mine mentioned that she read an article saying those that do cardio workouts, like cycling, actually have good abs as a result of them. Interesting!

Yesterday was a good OP day, though I tried the lemon basil bean bowl and was unimpressed. I don't think I like the consistency of lima beans. They are just a bit odd. We had the "Souffle" Stuffed Chicken for dinner, and though they are a bit of work, and I forgot the sauce, they were really good and worth it! We had the Nutty Summer Squash with Asiago Cheese too, and it was okay, but lacking in flavor. I think next time I would use blue cheese for the cheese and maybe more seasonings while they are cooking. But you really can't spoil zucchini and summer squash...it's soooo good!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-02-2004, 10:19 AM   #11  

I'm back! My BP was up a bit in the office compared to my readings at home. Of course, I do get nervous about my BP which raises it. Then she checked my pulse and it was only 43. She said that my pulse being so low will raise the blood pressure since it has to beat harder. So I did get my dose of beta blocker cut in half (that's the medicine that lowers my pulse). She thinks I can probably go off the beta blocker eventually and maybe the ace inhibitor too.

She checked my weight on her scales and I am 8 less than last month. I go back in 3-4 weeks for another BP check so I'll be motivated to see how much I can lose by then.

Laurie, I'm sorry to hear about the chronic EBV. I had mono when I was 16 and it seemed like I was exhausted for 2 years! Good luck with keeping OP. I think you have a great attitude! Exercise when you can and rest when you need to.

Last edited by Barb0522; 09-02-2004 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:30 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. I don't know why I'm so groggy today. Fortunately I don't have to work until 2. Have to stop somewhere and pick up my PartyLite kit first, but that shouldn't be so bad.

Gonna go watch some TV. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:56 AM   #13  
Working for the Cruise!

Morning to all ladies!

Always get off to a late start compared to you ladies as we don't open here until 10, but today I thought I'd chat anyway.

Laurie- Great job on the eliptical girl! Actually, squeezing your abs during any exercise is really a great workout for them. Since they are the only muscle you should really push every day it's really good for you to remember them! Confession: Because I spend about 3 hours a day in the car I actually turn up the radio and squeeze and release to the beat! Or when I make a sharp turn I pull in my abs and lean with my body. It's kind of stupid, and believe me I get some looks, but it makes the time go by faster and gives my abs a little burn. As for the fatigue, I'm in the same boat with a different disease. I'm actually hypoglycemic. If I don't eat enough during the day my sugar drops dramatically and fatigue as well as some shaking sets in big time. Also, if I spike my sugar too much it drops and the same happens. On top of that to keep under control, there is work, work-outs, family, keeping the house clean, making dinner, desserts, planning menus, etc. I know how you feel! Just make sure you get in some down time, though I'm not sure if that helps your disease or not...Oh an Lima Beans..... BLEH!

Barb - Great job chick! It makes it easier when you have someone you can give the other stuff to. Something to be proud of!

justjodi Nice job avoiding the table! The business mixers I attend always have that same issue!

Shequila Good luck with your company!

Still no scale at the house, mom refused to bring one home last night. Looks like I'll have to wait for the weekend when I can get out and get one. I didn't find the time to do any measurements last night except for my wrists! Just for Laurie, they are 6 1/2".

Busy busy last night, got home around 7:30 pm, ate dinner of Chicken Veggie Soup and busted my butt with my yoga and stability ball workouts. Only took 35 minutes, but I defintely worked myself into a nice healthy sweat. Got up a little late this morning, but still manage the Gorge Trail on the Treadmill. 20 minutes, better than nothing right?

Gonna have to reschedule tennis for tomorrow. Gotta run home and clean out my bro's old bedroom as he just took off for college. Gotta make dinner tonight as mom will be out shopping....it's going to be tight as there is NOTHING in the house....Also have to clean up the kitchen and hopefully get some down time to read.

Since tennis is now tomorrow night, the puppy is here at work today rather than her usual Friday visit. She's such a doll.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:04 AM   #14  
yaya9577

Hello ladies,

I had a very interesting day yesterday. I had a Dr. appt and have lost 7 1/2 pounds since Monday...I was shocked. Since I am going to a new Dr. she is not happy about my weight and wants to see me in 3 months for a weight follow-up and she even said that if I haven't lost more, she may prescribe Meridia...but I know I can do it without pills. The worst part of my day was at the Dr.s and she found a mass in my left breast. So, next Friday I go for an ultrasound, and I believe the week after that a biopsy. I'm only 27, there is no breast cancer in my family, but she said none of that matters anymore... so now I just wait...

On a good note... DH and I went to the Metallica/Godsmack concert last night and it was really good! Well, everyone have a good day
Old 09-02-2004, 11:30 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barb, thanks!

I'm glad the stats were good! Your doctor must be so proud of you! Next thing you know, you're gonna be in some journal article on patient motivation!

Weezle, enjoy the free day!
Closed Thread