South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 06:14 PM   #1  

Unhappy Tums?

I have a horrible stomach ache, I reached for Tums ( I only took one ) But this makes me curious, can I have Tums? Or Pepto? I'm sure there's some sort of sweetener to give it the fruit taste. What about cough medicines like Dimetap or Nyquil?
Old 09-01-2004, 05:12 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Read the small print. What are the ingredients? Most cough syrups come in a sugar-free version.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:16 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Sugar free but hideously expensive. I just looked at the ingredient list on my bottle. First ingredient Sucrose, third ingredient Starch Bah! Glad I only take these once in a while, but you chicks who take them to supplement your calcium, might want to reconsider.

Mamacita
Old 09-01-2004, 05:35 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I have wondered about this too (and then worried that I'm getting compulsive or obsessive or some psychi term...). I've decided that as long as it's a medical thing, and small dosages (which hopefully all are!) I'm taking them.

I have a pill I take every night that dissolves on my tongue. It definitely has sugar, I can taste it, and I get a tiny buzz off it. But I need to keep taking it for my health, so I'm doing it.

Here's another weird one...what about communion wafers? They are definitely not WW. Can you just see me asking Father if they come in a WW version? I think not! I just assume that the Lord doesn't contain calories.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:09 PM   #5  
Working for the Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
I have wondered about this too (and then worried that I'm getting compulsive or obsessive or some psychi term...). I've decided that as long as it's a medical thing, and small dosages (which hopefully all are!) I'm taking them.

I have a pill I take every night that dissolves on my tongue. It definitely has sugar, I can taste it, and I get a tiny buzz off it. But I need to keep taking it for my health, so I'm doing it.

Here's another weird one...what about communion wafers? They are definitely not WW. Can you just see me asking Father if they come in a WW version? I think not! I just assume that the Lord doesn't contain calories.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:19 PM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I have totally broken Ph1 then, I didn't even THINK of it! Well, the Body and Blood of our Lord, if you believe as Lutherans do, is only that: the Body and Blood of our Lord. So, technically....since you can have meat on the diet.....and I'm sure some people like it rare.....it's okay?
Old 09-01-2004, 07:31 PM   #7  

OMG Laurie! I don't think I've laughed out loud like that in ages! I would never have even given a second thought to Communion. I don't drink alcohol for religious reasons but when I'm in a church that uses wine for Communion I don't refuse it either.

I can just see me tonight before bed, "Umm Jesus? Are you SBD friendly?"

Kristin
Old 09-02-2004, 07:31 AM   #8  
I vant to draw your blood

Well, now that we've digressed on this subject...did you hear about the little girl with celiac disease who was told her first communion was invalid b/c the priest gave her a wafer made from rice flour instead of wheat?

Apparently some entity higher up the Catholic food chain declared that since the wafer was not the standard issue made from unleavened wheat flour that it was invalid. Can you believe this??? This little girl could die if she ate anything with wheat in it. I know there's an issue of faith at work here, but I can't imagine Jesus saying "sorry, it doesn't count if it's not wheat."

Mamacita
Old 09-02-2004, 07:57 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We certainly are off topic! That case of the young girl is absolutely ridiculous, IMHO!

I do think we get kind of crazy over things sometimes. We have used real whole what bread for some of our communions and it sure as heck wasn't unleavened. Bread is bread whether made from wheat or rice or soy! How the heck does anyone know what the women who baked for the Last Supper used! Anyhow, if you believe in Transubstantiation, it doesn't matter at all because it's Body and Blood!

Well, we won't turn this into a religious debate when it started out as a Tums question. I doubt that anyone is going to ruin their Phase with overdosing on Tums or Communion wafers.

I wonder how they'd taste with jam?
Old 09-02-2004, 09:08 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezle

I have totally broken Ph1 then, I didn't even THINK of it! Well, the Body and Blood of our Lord, if you believe as Lutherans do, is only that: the Body and Blood of our Lord. So, technically....since you can have meat on the diet.....and I'm sure some people like it rare.....it's okay?

Weezle, you are killing me! <gasp! wiping eyes>

Amen, girl...I'm a Lutheran attending a Catholic church (DH is Catholic)...so either way, I think I'm safe...even if the wine is more like cough syrup than dry red and the wafers are definitely white flour.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:13 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
I wonder how they'd taste with jam?
Tums or wafers?

Yup, Ruth, I agree...if we believe in transubstantiation, which the Catholic Church does, why does it matter what we use? Those wafers are pretty different from any matzoh I've ever had...and as you said, who knows what the woman used to bake for Passover? Mama, that's so sad!

My Lutheran church in college used pita bread. One Sunday our pastor found out that we were out of bread, so he ran to the nearest store to pick some up before services. The nearest store happened to be a Whole Foods Market, so he got some pitas that were called something like "Bible Bread" (maybe like the Ezekiel bread we eat now?). They had a bunch of grains from the Bible, so he figured it would be appropriate.

Anyways, we went through Communion, and boy did the bread taste disgusting!!! I didn't think it was right to consider the body of our Lord disgusting in taste, so I tried not to think of it, but the taste just grew worse and worse after I swallowed. After service, we were all around talking, and someone said, "Pastor Mark, what did you use for communion bread? It was AWFUL!" and everyone started laughing! Pastor Mark even said he thought it was horrible too. We never used that brand again!
Closed Thread