Old 08-31-2004, 10:02 PM   #1  
yaya9577

Smile New and looking for 100lb. weight loss buddies

[FONT=Georgia]Hello,

I am new to starting South Beach (2 days) and I have a lot to lose. I am currently at 272! I think my long term goal is about 150, but I would be thrilled to be around 200. About 2 years ago I lost 120 pounds and I have gained most of it back. My highest then was 315 and I got down to 195 in about 6 months...needless to say I wasn't too smart or healthy about my weight loss. I feel overwhelmed as to how much I have to lose, but then again, I remember when I did lose and I loved the way it felt and that it's so much easier (for me) to lose than to maintain. I am just looking for anyone else in the same position to visit with, support, and cheer each other on. I hope to hear from ya!
[/FONT]undefined
yaya9577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 10:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome! Please jump right in. I think I can safely say that most, if not all, of us have been where you've been. Just take it one pound at a time and before you know it, you'll hit your goal. It may take a while, but, in my experience, it's worth waiting for.

We're here for you!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 02:44 PM   #3  

Hi and welcome!

I'm glad you joined us. Please post often. It doesn't matter how long it takes you to reach your goal, the point is to keep on trying!

Take care,
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 04:48 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi and welcome to the 100lb club!

I also feel overwhelmed by how much I have to lose - that's why it is so great here because everyone understands what it means to be very overweight, and what an incredible journey it is.

Losing 120lb in the past is amazing! Try to remember what you did that helped you to lose all that weight, and also look at what made you put it all back on again - then you should be able to come up with some sort of plan that will help you to get the weight off, and keep it off!

Good luck - stick around here for lots of support and great advice!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:00 PM   #5  
i see the stars in me

hey sweetie and welcome. We all have a common goal here so it is a good place for support and motivation. Hope you are doing well
faded_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:16 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Like Sheila has said. I think we have all been there. I myself had lost 190 only to put back on 120 of it. I to am on my way back down. I have managed to take 56 off so far. There is a lot of great support here and I know you can do it. Glad you decided to join us in our journey.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:03 PM   #7  
Live for the Moment!

What Howie and Sheila said ---> We've all been there!

The main thing is you're here... and all you'll find is infinite wisdom and support!

Don't get overwhelmed with how much you have to lose, it can be a huge de-motivator! Just stay focused on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, take it 1 day at a time and it will all fall into place!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 09:00 PM   #8  
Losin' it forever!

Default Hello!

Everyone here has so much to offer! We both seem to have about the same amount to lose and our goal weight is the same. I feel overwhelmed as well, but am already starting to feel better just after a week of changes to my eating and excersise habits!

Ask questions, ask for support or advice! You will definately find it here!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 02:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:20 PM   #10  
yaya9577

Thank you everyone so much for being so positive. I have done really good this week, so far. I just want to keep pushing ahead. I weighed in yesterday for a Dr. appt and had lost 7 1/2 pounds already and I havent starved myself or done anything stupid...and I feel really great! I know I wont lose that much every week, but it sure was nice to see!
yaya9577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:37 PM   #11  
Live for the Moment!

YaYa,

Good job on the loss and for sticking with your plan! Doesn't it feel great? Seeing the scale going down definetly helps keep you focused!

Keep up the great work,
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote