Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 10:42 AM   #1  
Searching

Default Weekly Thread: Taking it ODAT Aug 31-Sept 6

Morning Girls

Yesterday was awesome for me. Surrendered days always are, if I follow the beat of the day, God's beat, then it just seems to happen. I feel that way about today.

I am reading the "Wolves of Calla" by Stephen King right now. I feel like I am reading program literature There is so much in there about spirituality and what addiction can do to you. Its touching me. The other thing is I watched "The Human Stain " last night. The movie itself was slow and artsy, but the message just touched me and rang so true. Sometimes we forge the chains of our pain, we rail against them, and can't remember how to break free.

Skippy- Men are incredibly simple creatures. He has some wiring that goes, I give her chocolate and she happy. My husband has that with me and ice cream The truth is we have to ask for what we want and put our own recovery first. My therapist has suggested that I write a list of things for my husband to say after I come home from meetings. (He is terribly intimdated by them and feels he is losing me) Maybe you need to write a script for DH coming home from work.

Vanessa- We didn't celebrate your anniversary of seeking help. CONGRATULATIONS! ance: Take your 5 day weekend and celebrate yourself girl!

CJ- What show do you want to see in Branson? I miss Mel, but I am not ready to go back to journaling on the web. I can't take the judgements and I would feel like I am holding back on those I love. Sometimes we just need to be loved where we are today

Tracy- Sorry that your missing that move, sometimes we really believe in the geographical cure, but you are making steps in healing. I see it in your messages here.

Michelle- How are you emotionally doing? I feel like we have gotten a little cut off from where you are today. Only if you want to share.

Jenelle- Keep listening for HP and all his sThe begiinning of the school year can be rough, and hey how was

Christy's Monday? Still gushing girl?

Kat- Did you start school?

Linoleum, Sandi, and anyone else check in we are taking it ODAT this week!

Chris
Old 08-31-2004, 05:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Chris--I'm not sure if I'm spelling this name correctly but it is Soji Kabushi. They say his theatre is spectacular, as is his performance--I've heard that in the men's bathroom there are billiard tables. I also agree that when one surrender's to God each morning you will have a better day.

All goes well at work. Tim came and talked to me this morning, and told me from now on that he want's me to talk to him in person. He' s put me on an 8 hour shift for the rest of the week and has given me Saturday, Sunday and Monday off. I do have to use some of my vacation day's but I guess I can't have everything. I am grateful for this much. I do have good bosses.

The chemist came today. We have been having good lab results now for a long time. Every time he comes he comments on how clean the plant is. He also stated that in every plant that he has been in that is operated by women that it is like this.

The statement that says "When it rains it pours" is true at the water treatment plant lately. We now have another operator that is out due to sickness. He was rushed to the hospital just before work time. He's been having problems with his blood pressure. So I'm kinda worried. I asked Brandon today if he thought it was something in the water???? he he

I haven't detoxed my body yet of sugar and I'm eating the above emotion. But food has been better.

Tracy--Sorry about you not getting to move. Maybe it's God's will that you stay.

Vanessa--You need to celebrate this mile stone. Take a five day week end,
and do something special just for yourself.

Hi to Janelle, Skippy, and Christy and kat

I'm not used to being home this early in the afternoon. I actually have time to fix something good to eat for dinner. How does a baked potato, baked chicken and a salad sound! yummmm
Old 08-31-2004, 08:12 PM   #3  

Hey girls! How is everyone? We're almost to hump day!! I"m sitting watching Romy and Michell's HS Reunion, a great Janeane Garfalo movie. Work was ok, got my tasks accomplished and saw all of my patients. Paid the rent and sent a job application out to the state. LOL I'm interested in being a correctional counselor at the local prison...I love criminals! j/k But I have my B.A. in criminal justice, so go figure. I'm still debating on my "5 day" weekend, but you guys are convincing me to!!
Chris-Hey gal!! Thanks for the shout out! Is Wolves of Calla new??? I have not heard of that one by King. I'm glad your day went great!
CJ-Hey, I'm glad you had a good meeting with your boss. What exactly do you do?
Tracy-How are you doing?
Skippy-Hey gal! I agree with Michelle and Chris, maybe you need to discuss with your DH about he should say or do when he comes home. It wasn't rainy today though, but still, there's a nip in the air!
Hey to Jenelle, Michelle,Linoleum, Christy, Sandy, Kat!! How are you guys? We're almost there girls, friday is only 2 more days away.
Peace and God Bless!
Vanessa
Old 08-31-2004, 08:22 PM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

MUgirl....LOVE that movie! It has one of my favorite conversations:

Michelle: "Oh my God, I've been working out for a week and I GAINED two pounds!"
Romy: "Did you subtract 15 pounds for your shoes?"
Old 08-31-2004, 09:02 PM   #5  

Jennelle!! Hey, great line! Here's one of my faves
Michelle: Romy, you looked like you've lost weight?
Romy: Actually I invented this new fat free diet, for the past 6 days all I've had is jelly beans, gum drops, and candy corns"
Michelle: God, I wish I had your dedication!
Cracks me up every time!!!
Vanessa
Old 08-31-2004, 09:44 PM   #6  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi Girls, kisses and hugs to you all. I've been catching up on the posts, and you are all so sweet!

Chris - send me some of that surrender. I feel really vulnerable today, and surrendering seems impossible. Feeling like if I get down on my knees, I won't be able to get up, but I know I have to. If DS doesn't wake up first, I'll get my rosary and get on the floor for a while before bed, and try to let it all out. I read everything you wrote on the "stepping-out" thing, and I agreed. But my heart still feels like it's somewhere else, even though things with DH are better. I yam where I yam and that's all that I yam. Damn.

Skippy - I agree with Jennelle, have a heart to heart with DH, make sure he understands your position. Then, if he doesn't quite get it (most men don't, right?), then thank him each night and throw the thing out while he's watching. Eventually, he's going to stop spending his money. Make a production of it. A Ritual!!! The Chocolate Sacrifice. Burn it!! Beat it with a tenderizer!! Pour ketchup on it! (edited to add: I can even hear the Hershey beast screaming, villagers cheering! Monty Python adaptations!!) It will be healing for you and it might get through to him, too. I agree, he thinks he's being sweet, caring for your immediate needs.

CeeJay - I'm glad things are going smoother at work. You certainly don't need that kind of stress right now. I'm sorry your regular doc appointment was rough. I hope your meds get adjusted to whatever works for you!

Vanessa - I wouldn't normally ask this, but I'm curious about how old you are. I'm picturing someone young, but you seem to have been through a lot! If you don't want to answer this, that's fine - it isn't really important. You've showed a lot of strength this year, definitely celebrate!

I'm sure Kat is out doing something I will envy (I'll get revenge when you become a mommy, LOL), and Christy is somewhere bragging on her kids. Jennelle, eat. I need to eat, too. My stomach is straightening out, but my intestines are a wreck. Skippy should be glad I'm NOT in Maryland - or anywhere that might be up-wind.

I'm going to find my rosary now. The Peace of the HP be always with you!!

Last edited by treasaigh; 08-31-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

OMG I lovvveeee Romy and Michelle

"If anyone needs to make a call I've got a phone"

Chris thanks for asking, actually yesterday was a difficult day for me today was better and tomorrow will be even better! How are you doing Chris? Unlike you I am not reading a touching book lol I've got one I bought at walmart called the nerd who loved me LOL. Looked funny I'm going to start it tonight after I finish "Me talk pretty some day"

How are things for everyone else? I tried my bowflex today and I love it already!!

Oh and here is my new baby boy his name is Yugi (Yoo-Gi) Like the cartoon Yu-gi-oh lol

Vanessa take the 5 day vacation lol do it do it do it!!

Ceejay- don't drink the water!! I hope you are well!! And your supper sounds scrumptious!!

Hi to everyone else!! Sorry to cut this short but I have to go take Yugi out to potty!
Love to you all!
michelle
Old 09-01-2004, 03:22 AM   #8  

Default Quick hello

My internet has been screwy the past 2 days - I think it is finally fixed (not our issue, cable company issue).

My mom is visiting in a couple of days so I'll be AWOL for a bit. Tuesday I start back to school.

Old 09-01-2004, 11:45 AM   #9  

Smile

Hi everyone!

Chris: I am so glad it was an awesome day for you! Woo Hoo!

CJ: I totally understand about the detoxing thing with sugar, that is something I am trying to work on each and everyday! It's so hard, I know!! I'm right there with you! oxo Hang in there and let's work on it together!

Vanessa: That would be cool if you were a Correctional Counselor!!

Tracy: Burning chocolate would just mean it was melted chocolate, lol The ketchup would probably work better, lol....

Michelle: Awwwwwwwww, what an adorable picture!!!!! oxo

Kat: Have a GREAT visit with your Mom!!

Hi Jennelle, Christy, Sandi, Linoleum! oxo

I'm going to drink some more coffee , cya guys later!
Old 09-01-2004, 05:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Default I'm all smiles

Why!!!! Yesterday I mentioned that the water treatment plant where I work will have 3 operators out next week. We only have 4 operators. My plant manager and Tim are pulling the water- sewer crew in for the time being. He He he he, Tim came in today and told me that he would be taking my shift Tuesday. That has made my day. The operator that got sick yesterday had a seizure just before work time at the light office. I'm really going to laugh if we have a major water leak out in the system. I'm really going to laugh if the plant manager has to go to work up there. Lisa wasn't feeling well this morning herself.

Is today Wednesday already?

Oh by the way--My niece had her baby today. I'm a great aunt again--She had a baby girl. Now my sister has a grandbaby of each sex. and just about a month apart. How's that for timing?

I haven't heard from the doctor's office today. I'll call them tomorrow to find out the results and see about getting a copy of my living will. The hospital wants one for my records. The doc told me that if I didn't get off the day's I requested that that he would write an excuse for those day's. so he may be waiting for me to come back.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:20 PM   #11  
Searching

Wink

I have been really busy today ya'll writing up a training program and crap I still have 3 hours of shift left and more to do! Breathing, all things get done in God's time

I have a fun October to look forward to. The OA conference, a business trip, alot of days off. 36 days untill I am off for 12 days in a row. I know its a ODAT program, but this helps me take my job ODAT

CJ- Congrats on becoming a great Aunt again. I hope they pay you hourly at the water treatment plant cause your working too hard.

skippy- we only have to not eat sugar this minute, just this single minute and they start to add up, I swear

Kat- Have a good visit girl. We will miss you as always!

Michelle- I swear you look just like my best friend from jr. high. It's amazing and Yugi is cute too

Tracy- we feel what we feel. Last night I talked to a friend, my mom, and then called another friend I had so much wanting to strangle DH. I had someone suggest to me to just take care of me, and what happens with us happens. Does that make sense?

I might have to check out Romy and Michelle's HS reunion again. Funny!

Vanessa- No the Wolves of Calla is the 5th book of the Dark Tower series, Song of Susannah is out which is the 6th and this month the 7th book comes out. So I kinda have been saving them up to read at once Friday is one more day away for me THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenelle and Christy-YOUR TOO QUIET! Makes me think your doing something.

I love ya'll
Chris
Old 09-01-2004, 08:54 PM   #12  

Hey girls! How is everyone? I'm feeling ok, I have the new Vanessa Carlton's song in my head... White Houses. I found out that one of my "good" patients faked a drug screen last week...Not cool at all!! I love confrontations!!! LOL But it wouldn't be the first time one of them have did that. Since this is Wednesday, it's really my thursday so tommorow will my Friday..hehehe, I think I made my decision
Tracy- How are you? I"m glad your stomach is feeling better..I know what you mean by your heart is in a different place. Mine is somewhere other than here. BTW, I'm 23 years old. But emotionally I think I'm at least 40! But i've always been really mature for my age...When I was 8yrs old, I was reading the newspaper every night and reading Ladies Home Journal. If you click my name, you can see a pic of me!
Michelle-Hey girl!! Love the picture, it's so cute! I have a goat at the farm and I named it "Goat".
Ceejay-Congrats on becoming a great aunt! I've been a first time auntie since June.
Skippy-Hey, how's it going? I hope I get the job, can't wait to be behind bars!! LOL
Kat-Have a great visit with your mom! I hope it goes great.
Chris-Wow, 12 days off?? what are you going to do?? Live it up sweetheart!
Well ladies, have a wonderful thursday. It's my bedtime and I have a warm blanket waiting for me!!
Peace and God Bless
Vanessa
Old 09-02-2004, 04:57 AM   #13  
Countess Walks-on-Water

It's 4:45 am and DS can't sleep, so here I am. Yikes. I've got a lot to do today, and I'll be in no shape to do it. I long for the weekends when I could sleep til noon.

Vanessa - so good to SEE you!! Knowing some details definitely helps to "flesh out" you guys in my head. Thanks for sharing. I hope you get the job, too!! By the way, my brother is a rehabilitation counselor. His experience has mostly been with at-risk youth, but he's worked with substance abuse and AIDS patients as well.

Hi Skippy - How are you today?

CeeJay - I DO NOT miss work drama, but I'll be back in it someday. Keep on your doc. And congrats on the babies!!

Chris - I can empathize with your strangling urges. Yesterday, after a long day of potty-training, toddler attitude, butt-wiping, tantrums, etc., I put both kids to bed myself (typical) and then settled down to watch The Passion with DH. He'd come home from work around 2pm, listened to his stereo for a few hours, came down for his dinner, and watched TV. He did watch one kid at a time while I got the other ready for bed, granted. So we're on the couch, watching a very intense movie, and he keeps nagging me to rub his feet. I was ready to cut them off. But I'm thinking the jail time wouldn't be worth it (unless Vanessa would let us sleep until noon!)

I'll check in again later when the sun comes up!
Old 09-02-2004, 06:02 AM   #14  

Default Drive by...

Sorry to just pop in and then leave! I wanted to let you all know that I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. This week is super busy and I can't find time to catch up. I'll come and be chatty this weekend...promise!

In the meantime, take care of yourselves!

Love and hugs,
Christy
Old 09-02-2004, 09:50 AM   #15  

A quickie for me too, just wanted to say g'morning and hope everyone has a great day! I'll try and come back later and reply more then....

Love you guys!
Closed Thread