South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 07:23 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Wednesday 09/01 Beach Chat

Good morning, Chickies~~

Woke up to a new month and RAIN. Lots and lots of rain. We need it, too. It's been so muggy and the air has just felt like lead. This will brighten things up nicely.

DH booted the girls out of our room at 2:15 this morning and they didn't scratch at the door to be let back in, so tonight, I'm going to boot them out when we turn out the lights and see what happens. I really do desperately need a full nights sleep. I walk around looking like this all day. And it's beginning to affect my memory.

Not much else going on here...except BIL brought home one of those oven rising pizzas and wants it for dinner tonight. Wonder how I can extricate myself out of eating it? Maybe if I just scrape off the toppings and don't eat any other fats today?

Here's hoping you all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 09-01-2004, 08:19 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi girls!

Mamacita, glad you finally got some rain!
Listen, those oven rising pizzas are highly over-rated. Once you've eaten about four dozen of them as I have, you soon become bored with the things.

Yes, I'm heading back to the hospital, and no, I haven't read as many posts as I'd like, but I do love all of you.
Have a wonderful day... hope to get back in here later...
Old 09-01-2004, 08:31 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just missed you, ellis, but big hugs back. I am glad you find the time and inclination to pop in.

Mamacita, I'm glad you are enjoying the rain. Too bad some parts of the States are getting way too much - Richmond, for example. I hope keeping your Girls out of the bedroom gives you better sleep.

It's a shiny September morning out there. The Girls are loafing on the deck thinking preggy doggie thoughts. There is a frog in their wading pool which is driving them nuts. Lucy just woofs at it but Hersh is determined to catch it. Extra protein needed here? I may scoop him out and find him another home down at the Lake. I can't figure out how he got up here unless he was dropped by a heron.

Sarah's job situation sounds good! She had another interview/test yesterday but will come for garden work tomorrow. I hope to keep her for a little while as I've ordered lots of spring bulbs and want to put the garden to bed properly this year so spring cleanup is not such a horrorshow.

September 1st always feels like the start of a new year! I guess I went to school too long as both student and teacher. I love crisp fall weather but feel we were sort of cheated out of a proper summer this year. I didn't miss the AC one bit!

I'm going to bash out a script this morning as Hersh has her clinic job this afternoon. Enough procrastinating! I'll reward myself with lunch on the deck before we go. Right now Harry needs his breakfast and meds.

Happy Hump Day, everyone!
Old 09-01-2004, 08:33 AM   #4  
Faith in me

Good Morning Ladies!

I'm up early and getting ready for the interview....I'm kinda nervous...I hate interviews...ugh....but I really need a job so.... I swear Tom must be on the way....I just feel blah...I hate feeling blah....it's not fun at all...I have to go around Robinhood's Barn in order to make it to this place....should be interesting....Ellis, I hope you have a wonderful day! Mama, you can have all the rain you want....I don't wanna see rain for a while....but it looks like we might get hammered again this weekend, which would cause a bigger mess downtown My aunt called us from Florida today at 7am...I was the only one up lol....saying she saw Richmond on the news and couldn't believe it....she's preparing for Hurricane Francis Everyone I hope you all have a wonderful day on the beach!
Old 09-01-2004, 08:35 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

HistoryChick, I have my boobs crossed for you and the interview. I hope you don't get hammered again this weekend. Richmond is even in the Canadian News!
Old 09-01-2004, 08:38 AM   #6  
Faith in me

WOW...we made Canadian News! That is crazy! lol Ruth you crack me up.."boobs crossed" I hope you have a wonderful day today!
Old 09-01-2004, 09:36 AM   #7  

Good morning, ladies.

Mamacita, sorry abt the rain. It is pretty here in Boston, but my job is freezing with A/C, and Ruth, I wish we could go without ours too!

Hi, Ellis! Glad you could check in with us. A big hug!

HistoryChick, good luck with your interview, I am sure that you are going to be amazing! And stay dry! and safe!

As for moi, I made a yummy breakfast, lunch and snacks, and heading outside for lunch to squeeze in some more LSAT studying. At least it is pretty outside. The construction going on right outside my window has me feeling like this: Maybe I can sleep well tonight.

Enjoy the beach today, chicklets!
Old 09-01-2004, 09:46 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies-

Feeling better today. Never did eat the ramens though Nor did I weigh in -- TOM came this morning and I was preoccupied with that. Can I weigh in on Friday for an August total Ruth??? Or is that totally cheating

Have a good one all. And Happy September!
Old 09-01-2004, 09:51 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Running late! Gotta cover another store today again! Slept too long! Spent too much time on the "How We Met" post! Terry and I are fine, no more arguing, had a very pleasant night last night. Talk to you all later!
Old 09-01-2004, 09:52 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Sure, Jen. Just PM me as I've closed the weight report thread.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:20 AM   #11  

Hi All,
It's a beautiful, sunny day here and I was looking forward to getting out into the garden to renovate some beds for fall planting, but the neighbour is sanding hardwood floors and the noise deafening. Oh well, the weather is supposed to hold for the rest of the week.

Good luck with your interview Historychick. Nerve wracking, huh?

Ruth, did you take care of the frog? Our dog's enemy is one black squirrel. I swear she'll break through the patio glass one day to get that thing. She isn't very fond of doves either. Yet she is afraid of the garden hose. Go figure!

Jenn, I'm glad you're feeling better this morning.

Take care, everyone.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:30 AM   #12  

It's a beautiful day today (and I'm stuck here at work ) Oh, well, at least we are halfway to a long weekend. I can't believe I actually won the exercise challenge! Most of the month I was behind Nelie and LaurieX! I put extra time in this weekend though since I knew I had so many events this week and wouldn't be able to work out. I miss it when I can't work out.

Tonight is the orientation for this year's Talented and Gifted program. Hopefully it won't run too late but I've got to get dinner and supervise homework first. Last night's Cub Scouts pack meeting took until it was time to Brian to get ready for bed. It was a fun meeting but very busy with signups for all sorts of activities (overnight on a battleship, Fall Campout, etc.). Thank goodness I only have one kid!
Old 09-01-2004, 11:18 AM   #13  

good morning

I'm still trying to switch over to nights and having a hard time. Worst case scenario I'll take some gravol tomorrow to sleep during the day. I'm not feeling the greatest today, unsure why but I'll keep plugging along. My goals for today are to be OP and make it to the gym. Gym attendance has been pathetic so I need to work on getting that up to snuff.

Hope you guys have a great day!

Kristin
Old 09-01-2004, 11:32 AM   #14  
RNMOM

Default I'm scared guys!

Here it is the first of September and for the past 3 weeks I've been totally out of control. I'm angry because I'm wondering what I haven't learned from SB. It works! What in my head didn't I get figured out??????? I had a heart to heart with my hubby last night, I needed his shoulder to cry on. I don't want to go back to the way I was, but have proven to be doing just that this last 3 weeks. I've tried to go to phase 1, but lose it with fruit then other sweets.

Where's my motivation and anger against unhealthy behavior that I had before??????

I don't want to be that other person, I don't want to be a person that got within 1 1/2 pounds of goal weight and then lost it!!!!!

I'm too chicken to eat anything today because I don't want to blow it! I need my head screwed on right, get right thinking and calm down.

Whew, they say confession is good for the soul. Thanks for being my religious leaders!

I'm with you all on this "fight" for survival!

I will win with phase one, I will not be a phattie! I will phight and win! I will phollow the plan
Old 09-01-2004, 11:37 AM   #15  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Hi ladies! I am new here...and I just thought I'd jump right in!

DH and I are planning to start the South Beach Diet on Tuesday (after the holiday weekend) and so I am getting all prepared now. I have 100 pounds to lose (haven't done my starting weight yet, though) and I have PCOS. Sooo, I think the low carbing will be good.

Here's a question: Did you all toss all of the "bad" foods before you started?

Lauren
Closed Thread