View Poll Results: Do you like having a poll every day?
Yes 15 75.00%
No 1 5.00%
I really couldn't care 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2001, 07:42 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default Friday's Daily Thread

Thought i'd start an official daily thread.
How's everyone doing? I have just painted my nails (fingers and toes) a delightful shade of pale metallic blue...
So I better do some work now. I'll be back to annoy you all later.

kirsty
Old 06-08-2001, 08:39 AM   #2  
Proud Mama

Thumbs down

Good morning!

Well, I'm trying, trying, trying to keep my head above water, both with weight watchers and with work and life in general. Sometimes I just feel so terribly overwhelmed with it all... Wish I could win the lottery! That'd help!

Last night I raked up some MORE leaves in my yard... If I do 3 bags a night I just MIGHT finish by next fall!!! We've already raked at least 40 bags... Next year I think I'll pay someone to do it, cause this is ridiculous! Believe it or not though, raking leaves made me feel better. I felt as if I was making some progress on something, and that helped.

Two nights ago I played softball for our company team. We won! Yippee! And I even got a hit, which is unusual for me. I'm sooooo sore! It hurts to cough. I always thought softball was one of those "non-active" sports, but every time I play I ache all over so I'm beginning to reform my opinion.

Hope everyone is doing good! Have a great weight watchers day.
Old 06-08-2001, 08:43 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey Ladies!!!!! I didn't check in yesterday due to the fact that I had piles of paperwork to do before I leave Saturday and AF arrived. I swear I hate being a girl at this time of the month. I literally skipped my lunch and took a nap in my office. Oh So Comfy

Regardless, I am SOOOOOOOOOOO excited! I leave tomorrow and I couldn't even sleep last night. I have been up since 4am. The anticipation for vacation is keeping me awake I am also excited for tonight. My friend pitches for Milwaukee Brewers and they are playing Detroit tonight so his wife (my friend) and I and some friends are going to the game. I was in there wedding and his wife was my college roomie. I haven't seen her since Dec. I am really looking forward to it. I love baseball.

Well I just had to gush about my weekend. My life is rarely so
full I will check all of yesterdays posts and get back to you!
Becky
Old 06-08-2001, 08:48 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

OOH I almost forgot. I love the polls. I think voting about something makes you feel as if your opinion is being heard. Silly, but true for me

Janet- I know how you feel with being overwhelmed. I had a total breakdown a couple of months ago. For me I had to start knowing my limits and saying no to things. It was hard b/c some of the things I had to say no to doing, I love to do. Anyways yours is work though, mine was work and ministries at church and friends etc., so maybe this doens't apply. Just thought I would let you know that I could relate and you will be in my prayers. Also in the WW dept. maybe you should just concentrate on maintaining during this stressful time. Just a thought.

BTW Kirsty the nail polish color sounds great

Becky
Old 06-08-2001, 08:58 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

thanks becky. it's got little sparkly/glittery bits in it too. ooh, where is your vacation? have a fab time.
oh, for those who don't know, labour won the election in the uk. yawn.
janet - keep doing those leaves - good exercise! maybe give yourself a bonus point for every bag you fill (only if you sweep up all the leaves!).
Old 06-08-2001, 09:20 AM   #6  
Running Babe

Default I'm still alive

Howdy Everyone!

I have been getting more shifts at work which is making me a happy camper Anyhoo, I went to Lola's meetings on Wednesday which was a lot of fun... If anyone ever goes to Montreal or Ottawa tell me, I'd love to meet more of you! As it is, I think I can squeeze a trip to the UK for next May, since it will be my nana's bday and such.

The important news, I MADE LIFETIME!!! Yuppers, little ole me is now a lifetime member. Maintanence is a hard phase and I am still trying to find my groove at keeping at this weight (it takes much more than 6 weeks IMHO, it does take a lifetime). I have started weight training again and I love the results. My mom has just started weight training as well and she's already seeing results as well.

Becky: Welcome back!!!!!!! Ah, I'm still single, but am quickly learning about the Ottawa dating scene

Kirtsy: I have sparkly blue nail polish as well, I like it, but right now my nails are au natural.

Janet: well at least the lawn clearing is fabulous exercise Being busy can be a good thing though, I tend to eat when I am bored.

Howdy to everyone! I hope all is going well.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 06-08-2001, 09:34 AM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Ali- Glad to be back and have no fear I am still singel too!! I went on a couple of dates but Blah. Why is it the nice ones bore me Anyways I still have my guy "friend" I wish he wasn't so cute Oh well life goes on.

Kirsty- Grand Cayman. I have never been. I am excited although the 4am wake up is kind of getting to me now It is 9:30 now. yikes I have a long day ahead.

Belle- I am glad to see that bf is being sweet. I love the story about the butterflies. I miss those I've never heard a guy admit that he gets those. Well on movies I guess but I am sure that we have all figured out by now how unrealistic those are
ANyways that is precious AWWWWWWWW!

Everyone Else Come and Post. I am obviously in the postin' mood. LOOK OUT
Old 06-08-2001, 10:37 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Default WOO HOO ITS FRIDAY AT LONG LAST

Ah, friday!!

Well, I WI today and......EXACTLY THE SAME. Not even .1 of a change. Nothing. I was POed. I mean, I have been SO GOOD!!!!! I must have plateaued or something. I guess I am like 45 down, and maybe my body is in hybernation mode. Must do somethign to kick start body....

SIGH....

I voted didnt' care b/c I like them, but if we don't have a poll one day I don't get upset about it.....they are fun though.

Kirsty - I love the blue nails, I did it in the80's and I was so happy when they brought it back. but I rarely paint my nails! I stuck my hand in a lawn mower and one of my nails is spilt now so I hate them....

Janet - I get overwhelmed too - don't worry, it will all pan out, and all you can do is your best!! Adn you ARE!!

Becky - have fun!!! Taht's cool about your baseball friend! Yeah, it was super sweet. He has become quite the sweetie. I was whining about maintaining and he said - well if you stay the weight you are forever, you'll be healthy and sexy to me. I was happy, that was sweet

Ali - WAY TO GO ON YOUR LIFETIME GIRL!!! You are sucha model success story - are you sending your story into magasines? Fit or Shape or WW? You should!!! You are a total success story. Wehn I get to goal (when, not if) I am sending inmy story to all the magasines!!

Well, I better mosy - I have a mild, nagging headache today that I can't seem to shake, so I am going to remedy it with a cup of joe....! Hope it goes away - have a presentation to the VP today....yikes.

Will try to write later!

Old 06-08-2001, 10:38 AM   #9  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Back Again!!!!

Ok you know how drugstores have that whole return policy if you don't like the color etc. Well I just exchanged a lipstick for the 3rd time and cannot find a good color for me. I like the policy but wouldn't it be easier if we could just try on the lipstick at the store. I think next time I am just going to try it on at the register. That would be amusing. Anyways the lipstick was recommended in Lucky Magazine. Have you guys heard of it. IT is a shopping mag. I LOVE IT! The lipstick is Maybeline Wet Shine (I know, pretty ritzy) I really like how shiny it looks but finding my color has been crazy. I don't like when it looks to brown b/c whose natural lip color is Brown? I mean come on! But, I also don't like to go to pinky. This makes lipstick shopping a royal pain in my arse! (For all of the irish gals )
OK Where is everyone?
You know what is sad......I know the anticipation is killing you.....The fact that I have a lot to get done but no desire to do it. I mean I just spent 5 minutes venting over lipstick
BBL
Becky
Old 06-08-2001, 11:37 AM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Finally Friday!

Hey Kirsty: Our nails are fraternal twins! Mine are pale pink.
My boss isn't coming in until later so I'm putting off my mountain of work. Maybe I should write some Thank You notes. hee hee
Well, I'd best get something done before I get into trouble.
Talk to everyone later!!!
Old 06-08-2001, 12:01 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

OK so I'm trying to figure this webforum thing out and feeling really good to hear about how other people are doing too, so I thought I'd just jump on. I've just committed myself to getting healthier and it's nice to have somewhere to chat with others. So I guess that's all for now but I'll be around.
Old 06-08-2001, 12:04 PM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Default Horsey Girl

Tell us a little more about yourself - I see you are from BC - I live in Alberta!

Belle
Old 06-08-2001, 12:19 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Default about me

Well, I'm 26. Not married but in longterm relationship. I'm in training to be a paramedic but before that I work in the theatre for a few years. I've never been much for diets or dieting and lots of my "theatre" friends have bizzare eating disorders and I always thought I was better for not falling into that trap then I started noticing what I looked like in pictures and that the clothes I was buying were bigger and bigger and thanks to a very good friend, I started weight watchers and I've never felt better!!!
First time I was weighed in a couple of years I was at 256 (I'm 5'8) and after a couple weeks on WW I'm down to 241. I'm really excited about getting healthy - I'm spending a lot of time outdoors, with my horse, and we'll see where it leads. Thanks for having me in the group!!
Old 06-08-2001, 12:26 PM   #14  

okay, I should stop lurking and start posting. Again!

Went to weigh in this morning and I lost 1.0# on the nose. I was hoping for more because I've been so good this week. But it is TOM and I am happy of the downward trend of the scale. I only have .8 to go for my second 10%, so I'm looking forward to that next week.

Ali-Congrats on lifetime! It must feel so good!

Janet- I though soft ball was a low activity sport too. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Maybe I should be sore too.

Have a great friday everyone!

Amy
182/147.6/???
Old 06-08-2001, 12:26 PM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Horsey girl - my high was 252 adn I was at 244 when I started WW in late August. Good for you for focusing on getting healthy. You'll find great support at this site.

Belle
Closed Thread