Old 08-30-2004, 06:21 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #231 Monday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:41 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning Ladies

I'm up and about alittle earlier this morning, couldn't sleep. Let's start with a question of the day.

QOTD: AS A MOTHER, DO YOU EVER FEEL GUILTY FOR WANTING SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF? IT CAN MEAN ANYTHING; PHYSICAL LIKE FOOD, OR MENTALLY LIKE A JOB OR ANYTHING THAT YOU FEEL MAY BE UNFAIR TO YOUR KIDS? AND SHOULD YOU FEEL GUILTY?

ANSWER:yes, like wanting to start a business. I'm afraid it would take time away from my kids, but it would be something for me and for my family. As my kids get older, they could even learn from the thing. But I feel guilty and I don't think I should, but I do.

Well, Jaymi, hope all is well. Let us know.

Melinda, what about you? Are you near this storm?

Penny, I haven't paid much attention to the weather, is the storm headed for you? Are you close to the gulf?

Spryng, hope you had a good night. Yes dh and I talked.

Jill, glad dh made it home? Hope you have a good day. Hope you slept well.

Hello to Geri, Ricci, Angel, Deana, Cheri and everyone else out there. Hope everyone had a great night and has a great day.

Today will be back to normal. School, laundry and napping. I've been awake since around 4 or so.
Okay, so I was going to bed really, really upset last night. I realized that even after I spoke my opinion yesterday about all of this situation of ours, he at least was thinking about it. But I found out his plan was still on as if I hadn't said anything at all. It made me feel so unimportant. I mean, he doesn't have to agree with me, but at least make an effort to explain why and try to make me see it his way. Make it seem like a fair partnership here. And he realized something was wrong so he told me to spit it out and I did. We won't be going to Florida, he said he can't just pick up and move, I can, but I understand some people can't especially men. He still wants to build and I told him we shouldn't. He wants to start a small business with a friend. I think it's great, but I know it won't work. I know what the bank will ask for and neither of them have any of it. And he said you're probably right, but he still wants to talk to them. So they are going to the bank this week. I told him, either build the house or do this business but he shouldn't do both, it's too much. So, the bank could still come back and not approve us, which I sort of hope that happens and I'm almost positive the bank is going to tell them he's crazy. If all that happens, then he will get a job, and be miserable, and we'll probably try for the home equity loan. So we'll be in this house I know another 6 months or so which neither of us are happy with that. I'm tempted to find a house or an apt. to rent if that happens. This house is so drafty and I know for a fact that is one reason Andrew gets so sick in the winter and now I'll be having the new baby while it's still winter. So by the end of this week, I'll know alittle more of what direction we're headed. I'm not too upset about the Florida thing now that we talked about it. I was at first because it was like it didn't matter what I said or thought. I mean it would be a dream for me and I would hope that because he's about out of a job, that he would say, you know, if this is your dream then yes, let's go I'll help you and do whatever I can to make this happen, but instead it's more like, it's not what I want so it's not going to happen. So maybe I'm alittle upset about it, but not too bad. I'll get over it. In fact, I'm still going to look towards starting a small coffee house maybe in the next year. I can research it, learn about it, find a location and get our credit restored. So I still have a dream and a goal and that makes it better.
I guess I need to get school prepared. TTYL
Old 08-30-2004, 08:09 AM   #3  

Morning Crystal. How come you have been up since 4am? Was Andrew up again? Bugga was up all night ....Again. What is on the plan for school today? Are you always going to home school? or stop once they are in grammer school? just curious.

QOTD: I don't usually feel guilty, but I don't usually do anything for me either. Right now my guilt falls in my wanting sleep and having to let bugga cry the other night. I shouldn't we all need sleep right?

Anyway, I'm not sure what i'm doing during the day today..Today is dh's birthday, so MIL is coming for dinner. Pork loin with garlic and rosemary, sting beans and salad. No carbs. I am making jello shaped like a cake with strawberries on it and I'm going to top it with lite cool whip and fresh berries.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 08:13 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies,

Geri,
I am sure that storm will hit Florida. They are usually the target, I tell you But my mom was just watching the "predicted" paths... and one of them said to bump down the coast to La. But you don't ever know until they hit and even then they are unpredicitable. I am so sorry it is coming right when you planned vacation....ggggrrrrr. Congrats again on the ride!

Spryng,
I'm glad you don't feel bad about not accomplishing anything. You did do something! You got all your kids up, dressed, fed, cleaned up and back to sleep, right? For someone who doesn't have kids, that would be alot! We just take it in stride Have a good day I gotta get some groceries today since mom went w/out me yesterday.

Crystal,
Hope everything works out with dh! You are almost 18 weeks! Yah! Reupdate your dr appts so we can keep track

Deana,
Isn't it great to get healthy and have your house clean?! I know it is hard with your hubby working alot. My hubby used to work his main job and his side a/c job. Now he quit his main job and all he does is his business. He said we would have more time to spend together but we don't. We works more now than ever b/c he is scared we will not have enough money! I think he is addicted! How is the gunsmithing going? I know that is complicated work figuring out the problem. Then people want it fixed NOW usually

Jill,
Anything planned for today? Are you going to the gym?

Ricci,
Do the kids start school today?

Well I need to get Hunter up and out the door. Thursday and Friday he decided he wants to ride the bus from now on So he rides only in the am. Only b/c my hubby's uncle is the bus driver. But now he wants to ride in the pm too He don't need mommy anymore lol..... But I told him I am gonna pick him up a little while longer

I guess we have decided to go ahead with Andrew's surgery. Hubby and I have been actually sitting there listening to his breathing now. We never knew exactly how bad it was until we listened to it all the time. So I am gonna call today and make the appt.

Ok I really need to get off here

Have a wonderful morning!
I will be back on after groceries this morning if anybody wants to do some challenges My house needs cleaning again
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 08:16 AM   #5  
SAHM of 3

Yummy Mel, dinner sounds great. Happy birthday to your dh!!! How old is he?
Andrew woke up at 345 and went back to sleep,but I couldn't. I think I had too much on my mind. I don't ever intend on my kids going to school. I hope to always homeschool them. Today we are learning our new spelling words, reviewing Uu, reviewing consonants/vowels, learning story problems, and I think in Bible, it's the fall of Adam and Eve. She learned it last year, but this year it's put on alittle higher level for her. I'm prepared for school, now I've got to get prepared for breakfast.
TTYL
Old 08-30-2004, 08:34 AM   #6  

dh is 38 today! HOpe you have a great day!
Old 08-30-2004, 09:24 AM   #7  
Walking away the weight

Good morning everyone I missed you!

We're finally home LOL! We had a great time (minus the accident), but it's very nice to be back home. There's no way I can respond to every unread post, but I'll attempt to read through them when I get the chance I'll begin with yesterday's thread and then continue with today's . . .

Hi, Jill! Hope all is well with you.What are your plans for Bayley's party?

Geri- thanks for the card- it was unexpected and definitely made me smile We may postpone our FL trip a week because of the storm and also DH having to go to Tallahassee or something - or to cover the hurricane. If you postpone your trip, will you return to WI a few days later?

Crystal- I'll keep you and your family in my prayers- I know you and DH will make the decision that's best for you about the move.

Mel- so sorry it's been a bad week I wish for more sleep for you.

Spryng- just reading about your pet peeves made me get frustrated LOL! I can see why the in-law behavior would bug you . . . guess it's immaturity. Your BK lunch sounded good, though I think I'm fast-fooded out from all the time on the road.

Michelle- on the loss!!! Awesome!!! Your list of pet peeves makes me laugh.

Penny- Are you nervous about Andrew's surgery? My thoughts and prayers are with you. So sorry we didn't get to meet up. My big plan was for us to see you on our return trip, but because of the car accident, our schedule got messed up a bit. We had to spend a lot more time in Houston then we thought. Anyway. we must reschedule It's wonderful that you're enjoying teaching soooo much!

Jaymi- did Gaston get to your power?

Crystal- I'm so sorry the FL dream probably won't work out. I send my hugs your way I know it's hard when you begin to envision the possibilities and then things suddenly change. Well, if DH changes his mind, Ft. Meyers is nice- I don't know a huge amount about it, but it's a couple hours (maybe less) south of Tampa Bay - I used to live in Tampa. All the Gulf beaches are absolutely beautiful. Best beaches in the world, IMO. I'm glad you still may do the coffee house thing!

Deana- your motivation sounds awesome Sorry about DH and work I hope that all straightens itself out . . .

Mel- Happy B-day to DH Fill us in on how the party goes!

QOTHD Sunday: I hate when people don't change the toilet paper roll in the bathroom when it runs out. It's like: "you just used it! You have to know it's out. How hard is it to put a new one on?????" Second, I hate the thought of people looking in my windows at night and being able to see what I'm doing . . . even in hotel rooms, when it's dark enough for me to turn on the lights, those curtains are closed.

QOTD today: this is an excellent question, and it will be interesting to hear everyone's replies. I feel most guilty about time issues. Like if I want to be online here, or read a book, or even go out while DH is with Liam, or the sitter on Thursdays. Logically, I know I need a break now and then, and it refreshes me, but I still feel guilty about it.

Well, we had a wonderful time in San Anotonio - we just loved the River Walk area and wanted to hang out there forever. We were also in a beautiful hotel, which helps LOL. It was wonderful to not have to do anything - I actually read a whole book while I was there and just hung out. I did not stay OP, but we did walk a lot, so maybe I maintained. I'm not sure, but today I'm back OP Our car is still in Houston being repaired . . . do you want to know the estimated cost of damages??? $9,000 some odd dollars! Hooray for insurance, though.

One cute story- in our hotel room, I was using the mini bar frig to keep Liam's bottles cold. I didn't realize that every time an item was moved/removed in the frig, we were charged for it. During checkout, the woman looked at Liam and asked if I had been using the frig for his stuff because there were tons of charges for lite beers - I said yes and then she removed the charges. Well, DH was teasing Liam and asked him, "Did you drink all the lite beer?" Liam promptly pointed up at the light on the ceiling! LOL. He always points at the lights when I ask him, "Where's the light?" so he understood the "lite/light" part of what DH said . . .

Anyway, I better get my day started! TTYL!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:42 AM   #8  

Leigh, WELCOME HOME! WE MISSED YOU! I'm glad you all made it home safe and sound and that story about the beer was just too funny., lol How funny the refriderater works that way. Also, you qotd answer made me frustrated too. I hate when people do that, they know its empty or even better, they leave one stuck on piece just so they don't feel like they have too. Same thing with the iced tea in the fridge. My brother is famous for that. He leave 2 ounces in the bottom and says, I didn't finish the iced tea....grrrr Laziness at it's best! or worst depending on what side of the coin your on. Wow too on the amount of cost to fix the car...yuk
Old 08-30-2004, 09:48 AM   #9  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Oh my Leigh,
That is just too funny about the frig! ........ lol I think that made my day....lol I just loved the riverwalk! Did you go in all those gift shops? and the alamo thing? Congrats on catching up so well!

Mel,
Sorry our posts got crossed. What is up with Bugga? I feel sooooo bad for you. I am not sure what to tell you Hang in there and do your best considering That cake sounds soooo cute!!! I love that idea!! Hope dh has a wonderful bday

Crystal,
I forgot to answer the qotd...

I feel guilty when I leave the kids somewhere to do something for me.. like the dr. or to go somewhere with dh. I run to get them as soon as I can.

As for getting something for myself, I don't feel guilty at all. I have needs too and as long as they are not hurting, neglected, or being endangered in any way, then there is no need for me to feel guilty.

Ok Now WHO SENT THIS RAIN HERE???? Didn't I tell you to keep it with you? I am now stuck inside cleaning......lol Which is what my house needed anyways.....lol But I will run to get groceries after I am finished

Ok I will catch you a bit later
Old 08-30-2004, 09:50 AM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Ok MEL!

You snuck in AGAIN......lol

Hope you are having a better day
Old 08-30-2004, 09:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girls!!

Leigh Welcome home!!! That story about Liam and the Lights is sooo cute!!!! I'm glad you had fun inspite of the accident!!

Mel I hope you have a wonderful day girly!!

Penny Taylor needs her tonsils/adnoids removed as well but I'm so hesitant to do it for a few reasons, one being how young she is, and how frightened she will be, I want to do it when she'll understand what will be happening but mostly its me being a paranoid mommy. I would have the same doctor do hers that did mine 2.5 years ago he was great. Good Luck, and I hope it goes well but you'll have to let me know!

QOTD: No I don't ever feel guilty, I realize that I also need to take care of myself and realize that I need things too and I'm talking about both tangible and intangible. I think of it like this, If I'm not happy how am I going to be a productive mother and wife? So I'll do stuff for myself as well as the children and hubby.

Did I mention that I suprised hubby with a new pair of Doc Martens the other day? I also got the girls some new clothes even though they don't need them, I couldnt resist! But I also got myself some earrings from clairs so they weren't expensive.

Anyway both girls have doctor appts today teagan is behind with her shots and taylor needs her 3 year checkup I'm not sure if she'll need any shots or not. I'm going to have the doctor listen to teagans breathing because its raspy but I suspect its loose vocal chords. Our Bowflex will be here today around 10 am and after hubby puts it together I'm going to work out! I'm sooo stoked!!

Ok I need to feed my lil monsters I'll be back soon.
Love to all!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 10:14 AM   #12  
soontobethin

Good morning.
Penny, Eric started school two weeks ago, and I start school tonight. It was Spryng who sent the rain. She's been sending it to me too. Anyway, not much planned for today.
QOTD: Yes, I always feel guilty. it's like, I could be using this money for something the boys need instead of me.
QOTD from Sunday: Where should I start? People who say they want to do something, and then don't, people who say they don't know why their broke, and then go out and spend money on junk they don't need, bad drivers,and my biggest one is people who don't dress their kids properly in the winter. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 10:22 AM   #13  
Walking away the weight

Hi again I was attempting to be productive . . . got 1 load of laundry folded, washed some of Liam's toys . . . but then Liam got mad and demanded attention. So now I'm trying to get him to take a nap while I type with one hand

Mel- I hope somehow you get more rest soon I totally know what you mean about leaving stuff in the frig essentially empty. I guess that's the same gene LOL.

Penny- yes, we went to the Alamo, which is interesting - the part that remains is much smaller than I envisioned. And I shopped way too much of course. I spent entirely too much on an evening bag I fell in love with. I almost talked myself out of it, but DH is an evil enabler. You sound a bit like me with the time-guilt

Michelle- I know what you mean about being freaked out over Taylor having surgery. It's hard to know what might scare her more- being able to understand she needs surgery, or doing it while she's too young to completely understand. How sweet of you to surprise DH and the girls with some gifts Definitely let us know what Bowflex is like!

Hmm- Liam's wide awake . . .
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 10:26 AM   #14  
SAHM of 3

Ricci, I agree with the not dressing kids right. I hate that. And then the kids are sick and they don't know why...grrrrrr!!!!

Welcome home Leigh. Glad you're back and enjoyed Texas. San Antonio is great.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!
At 10 am (central) Michelle and I will do a flylady challenge so if anyone wants to join it will be on our yahoo messengers! All are welcome!

Ok, slept good last night, and feel good today! I peeked at the scale and it is moving down stil!!! And today is only monday so I'm hoping for a great loss this week, but I won't tell until friday!
Planned for today.... housework ONLY! I know I'll probably do alot of catching up during that challenge today, but I also want to mop sometime today too, so that will be later, and exercise during nap time today.

Leigh, welcome home!!! Don't worry about being off plan while gone... it happens and you know you'll get right back OP now and continue where you left off. Your trip sounded like fun and I laughed when you spoke about Liam and the light... so cute! How about when people get out a new roll of toilet paper and instead of putting it on the roll dispenser they set it on TOP of it????! lol.. I'm sure that will do it for you too, lol

Ricci, sorry about the rain! LOL.. it was bad here for a couple days, KC really got flooded... but clear here today!!

Oh I forgot the QOTD--- I dont really feel guilty anymore about things... I know I deserve stuff too and time to myself. I felt guilty leaving the kids for a week when I went with DH out on the road, but you know what? They enjoyed it and I enjoyed it so it was a win win situation and we were all ready to get home when it was over.

Michelle, so exciting about bowflex!!! Which one did you get? Does your dh want to use it too? Did you by chance copy those games for me?? Don't worry if you haven't, I know you are super busy!

Mel, my dh b-day was yesterday! He turned 28.

Crystal, hope today is a good one for you! What I would do, if I were in your situation, is sit down with your dh and have him write out a list of pros and cons of moving to Fl verses staying there, building a new house and starting another business there... he may have to see it in writing before he would decide one way or another. Just a suggestion.

Jill, I know you will love harvest moon! It's alot of fun. I bought mine at full price because I too saw what they were going for on ebay and with the shipping and all that is was cheaper for me to buy it here. You could rent it though and see how you like it! That is what I did and I got addicted the first night.

Deana, so sorry your dh's job is stressing you out. My dh only gets 4 days a month off so I know how you want them home more. I'm sure it will work itself out.

OK, gotta get dressed real quick before the challenge starts... TYYL!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote