South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 04:57 PM   #1  

Default Question about scales

I need to get a weight scale. I used to have one but it never weighed me properly. I can't afford to go out and spend $40-$50 on one. Are there any certain ones you all recommend and if so should I get the dial or digital? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kelly
Old 08-28-2004, 05:05 PM   #2  

The cheaper ones don't measure you accurately but as long as the scales are going down that is the main thing. I bought a cheap set of scales for home and weight myself each morning (then add or subtract according to how far out they are) and then weight myself at the YMCA once in awhile to check that I am still accurate. Digital is easier to interprete but more expensive to buy.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:25 PM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

I decided recently that I needed a digital scale on which to weight myself...also my mechanical one weighs about 2.5 pounds heavier than it really is. Soooo, I bought a digital and spent about $80 on it.

Although I like the idea of having the numbers in front of me, I have noticed that the scale can weigh up to 2 pounds different if I get on, get off, get on, get off, etc. Sooo, then I weigh myself on the mechanical scale to find out what my 'real' weight is. This is just my experience.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:00 AM   #4  

I prefer digital.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:54 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I prefer the dial...it is more accurate, IMHO. I had a digital forever, and found exactly what Peggy said...the numbers would flip around. I wanted something that I knew I could trust. There are some good ones at Wal*Mart for pretty cheap...ours was a nice one and I spent $35.

Kelly, if you belong to any kind of gym, you can use their scale. Otherwise, see if there is a doctor's office near you that might let you use their scale...if you have a friend who works in one, etc, you might be able to do that.

Good luck!
Closed Thread