Old 08-20-2004, 05:51 PM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias -- #33

Happy Friday, Flowers!
We spent the morning being read to by a DOE person; we had the copies in front of us and we could have saved her alot of time and energy! Then we had the meeting where the superintendent says, "we just couldn't do it without you!" *gag* Somebody sitting somewhere away from me said, "put it in our paychecks!" and everyone laughed. This afternoon we did get to work in our rooms for an hour and then had a practice evacuation drill in case there is ever a gunman in the school. We have to go across the highway to what used to be a discount store and is now classrooms for community ed. After taking roll call we walked another half block to the Dairy Queen and had ice cream cones to end the day! I guess I am as ready for Monday as I will ever be.

CRS has set in. . . I can't remember if I told you that I will most likely be MIA tomorrow. We have a 50th anniversary to go to that is a 2 hour drive away and then will stop by MIL's on the way home. Hopefully I will have Sunday at home to regroup for Monday.

Have a great weekend, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 11:35 PM   #2  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I am heading off to bed but wanted to see if there was any action in the flower patch since I was here yesterday. Nope, none, nada!

I feel like I spent most of the day in the car! It's a little over an hour to Beth's house where we delivered a couple of things forgotten from last weekend and played with Maddy for a few minutes. Then it was another hour and a half to the anniversary reception. A trip to the mall for a birthday gift and on to MIL's which was another hour and a half. Visited with her for a couple hours and then headed home for another hour plus ride.

Hope you all are enjoying a nice weekend.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 08-22-2004, 02:03 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!

Hope you are all having a nice day. Since we were gone yesterday, I am doing my usual Saturday routine of laundry and general picking up the living areas of the house.

Enjoy your day!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 08-23-2004, 07:56 AM   #4  

We needed to call this the Jean thread this weekend.

Jean: Hope you had a good time at your wedding reception and hope all is well starting school today. I am sure you will have another interesting year.

The car goes to the body shop this afternoon so I hope all goes well with that. I talked to my son on Saturday and his house caught fire and did $20,000 of damage. It is not the house they live in, which is my dil's but a house he bought before they were married. Two of his friends rented it from him. It was some wiring issue I guess. No one got hurt, but the one guy, who is Jay's best friend, was doing a martial arts workout last Thursday and the guy broke his shoulder ball in 3 places. Jay and Alicia are taking care of him I guess as he is staying with them while the house is worked on. The boy doesn't tell us anything, though I never called him about my accident either!

This weekend was kind of boring and I wasn't feeling too spiffy. I fell asleep on the couch and had this horrible nightmare and woke up screaming for Jack. He was upstairs listening to the ballgame and didn't hear me and by the time he did I was hysterical. I had taken some pain meds the night before and wonder if that is what caused it all. It was very very real.

Well, I need to get going this morning.

faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 05:28 PM   #5  

Talking

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
One day down and 179 to go! It was a "ho hum" sort of day since we had shortened classes and got out at 1:30 because of the "heat." The heat wasn't so bad but the humidity is higher than it has been. The halls didn't seem as crowded so maybe there are some who did not show up today. Most likely we will have a few who wait until after Labor Day to show up. Our gang wannabe came with no paper, no pencil, and was po'd at the world in general. He doesn't want to be in school but the court is requiring that he be there.

We had thunderstorms roll through last night but I slept through the whole thing . . . I was tired! It's been a cloudy/gloomy day so I kind of feel out of sorts too.

"Gma" -- That is too bad about your son's house but the good thing is that no one was hurt. I sure don't envy his friend with the broken shoulder and then the fire on top of it. I hope your car repairs make it look bright and shiny again. I don't have nightmares very often but when I do I have a hard time going back to sleep. . .they are scary!

I hope you all have had a good day today. I need to go see what is available for supper.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 08-25-2004, 02:05 AM   #6  
Thin Within

Talking Wow

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

I am in shock! I try to get here every time I get on my computer and this time it worked. I just hope it continues to work for I was having with-drawals. It is bed time and I am one tired person but had to come and post something! Take care every one and I sure hope I can come back tomorrow.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-25-2004 at 02:08 AM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 05:05 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Talking Yipekio

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I couldn't open the site yesterday and here I am today. Guess no one could get here either for I am posting back to back. This is totally weird that this is the only site I am having trouble connecting with. Guess I am not the only one because I do hear an echo .

My system is getting back to exact now ~ rested up from that hectic last weekend of all those weddings and stuff. It is much easier to just go to a wedding but when you have to be envolved in its function it is more stress and meals after rehearsal and receptions and and and. Consequently I am reading my Coach Approach WW Book.

I am up 2.2 pounds this week and that is not a surprise at all. I am so happy ~ an old friend I haven't heard from in 3 years got on MSN this morning and we had a wonderful chat. So good to be back in touch with her.

Well folks I hope you all can get in here and post. Have a lovely evening ~ even if you can't get in here to post and read this ~ I am thinking of you. I'll be back when I can.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-26-2004 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:04 PM   #8  

Good Afternoon/Evening Flowers!
I couldn't get here or anywhere else last night! I was so bummed! I have been having trouble with the internet connection for almost 3 weeks and I've about had it! Today I called the local store where I signed up for the internet and the lady told me that the phone company was at fault! They have fixed part of what was broken but not all of it so consequently there are still problems logging on. Of course the company doesn't have cable modem so I would have to switch companies and I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle. Although having the computer on its own line would be nice. Do any of you have your computer on a separate line? I guess it is supposed to be faster too.

It is HOT and HUMID here today. By the end of the school day I had about had it with stinky restless kids!

MAGGIE -- IT IS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE!!!!!!! I hope whatever the problem was, it is gone or fixed so that you can get in any time you want! Do you ever hear from Cutie Gail?

DH is spending the suppertime with his mom and going over her medical paperwork. I'm so glad he understands insurance stuff because I would be lost!

Guess I will fix some popcorn for my supper -- simple to fix and easy to clean up! I hope you all have a nice evening and a fantastic Friday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 08-26-2004, 10:15 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Talking Amazing

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

I can't believe I got in again this day. I got my glass order today so I can start some projects. It is 82 as I type but has been cooler in the day time ~ maybe fall is on it's way. The nights have been cooler which makes sleeping much more pleasant.

JEAN yes I hear from Gail. It was Brenda that lives in Canada that I lost contact from for those years she posted on this site some way back. I don't think the problem is totally solved because I couldn't get on by clicking the site when I got the notice that you had posted. I didn't use the domain name this time and got through with the numbers for the site instead. That is how I got through earlier also but they don't always work either.

Stay cool Magnolias.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:26 PM   #10  

Happy Friday, Flowers!
I am doing a HAPPY and looking forward to the weekend! The bad news is that I left a pile of unfinished stuff sitting on my desk that will still be there on Monday.

I have a huge pile of laundry waiting for me so that is on my agenda to work on tonight. When I think I am caught up more seems to appear out of nowhere. On Sunday we are meeting MIL at her hometown church and will take her to visit each of the kids as she wants to see their houses. Then we'll visit the cemetery where FIL is buried and take her back up to her place on the lake. It will be a long day and lots of driving for DH . . . I'll go along for the ride and probably snooze along the way! At least I will get to see Ian and Maddy! (and their parents) MIL is going back to AZ on the 8th so all of a sudden she has these places that she wants to visit. DH mentioned that it almost like she thinks she won't be back next summer. . .weird.

Maggie -- I hope you can get in here again today! I don't think I remember Brenda. It has cooled down here too . . . it's 73 degrees as I type. We got some rain last night and there is a chance of more tonight. Our local police department is going to start trapping stray cats and have them destroyed. There is a trailer park where the Mexicans live and they move in and out without taking the cats with them. They are not spayed nor neutered so there are 100s of cats roaming the adjoining neighborhood. The newspaper said that if "you" feed stray cats "you" are responsible for them. If a neighbor complains "you" will be fined. We don't live anywhere near the trailer court but if I get a complaint I will know who did it.

I hope you all have a nice relaxing weekend!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 08-27-2004, 08:36 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Arrow Howdy

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

I was not able to get into this site earlier but won't complain because here I am now. I have been busy going through magazines and taking out the special recipes I wanted. I have 3 half sheet sized notebooks that I have made into cook books and paste the recipes in and have an index for each section. It is easy to save up a few recipes that I try then want to keep then paste in the books and make new indexes. I have gutted a few cookbooks this way also. I'll be glad when the temp does get cooler for then we can do some remodeling on the MH. Right now it has just been too hot to work in it.

JEAN that is good that your temp is lower. As I type at 5:30 pm it is 91 here. Good for the local Poliece to round up those strays. Lots of them get kitty AIDS and pass on bad diseases to other cats. Especially if you feed your cat outside and one of the diseased one eats out of the same dish then guess who gets the disease. Yep your darling pet. That is one great reason that Turn is a total instide cat.

Well folks I'll be back when I can get back. Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:36 PM   #12  

Talking

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It is trying hard to and it is gloomy outside. I have the washer and dryer going in hopes I can finish the weekly laundry today. I need to iron but maybe can just do enough to get through a couple of days.

Maggie -- "My" outside cats appear to be pretty healthy except for ear mites. This will be the 5th winter for "Grandma Cat" and the 3rd for her daughter "Funny Face." If I could catch them I would have them spayed, wormed, and shots but I don't know how they would react to being inside. . .probably not very good. FF does try to come in and I can pick her up but GC keeps a safe distance away from me. Your cookbook project sounds like a good one. I keep sticky notes in mine but then I have to hunt through them to find the sticky note.

I need to get movin' and vacuum up the fur. MIL wouldn't appreciate cat fur on her church outfit tomorrow! She is coming here and then we are going to visit her church together.

Have a good rest of the day!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 08-29-2004, 10:09 PM   #13  

Talking

Good Evening, Flowers!
I am tired tonight! MIL was here bright and early this morning and we traveled to her little hometown, where DH was raised, to attend church. There are still some people left that are MIL's age and a few that DH went to school with so we didn't feel like complete strangers. Then we had lunch with the lady that MIL stays with if she is ever in town overnight. Next on the itinerary was a visit to Jason and family's house, a trip to the cemetery where FIL is buried and we found the grave site of an uncle who was killed in WWII, then we finished by stopping my Beth's house. None of these stops are in the same town except the last two! I was so tired and catnapped most of the way home. I felt like I had spent the day in the car!

I tried to balance two checkbooks last night and couldn't get either one to come out right. So I sat down tonight and got one to balance . . . maybe I'll tackle the other one tomorrow when I get home from school.

Guess I will go find something to wear to school tomorrow and head for bed.

Have a marvelous Monday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 08-31-2004, 05:47 PM   #14  

Talking

Just bringing the SM thread back to the first page in case anyone wants to post. It has been way too quiet here!

Jean -- from Iowa!