Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 12:15 PM   #1  

Talking Salad dressings

Anyone have any great fat free salad dressings to recommend? I just tried Ken's ff raspberry pecan and it was AWESOME!
Old 08-28-2004, 07:51 PM   #2  

Smile Thanks!

I will look for that dressing!
I used to just sprinkle a little wine vinegar or balsamic on my salads because I could never find anything totally fat free.
Do we have to have the 2 teas. of fat a day on CORE??
Is that a must or just something that is allowed if we want it?
Old 08-28-2004, 10:10 PM   #3  
Janette

Healthy oils are limited to 2 tsp. a day.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:46 PM   #4  

Default Oils and skim milk?

Thanks!!!
I meant--do we HAVE TO have the oils if we don't want them? and do we have to drink 5 cups of skim milk if we don't want to??
I thought it was optional the way the group leader described it,but people on another board said we HAVE to have the oil and milk whether we want it or not.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:00 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Ashley, under the 8 Steps to Healthy Eating (and this is for both Core and Flex) you need should be getting 2 tsp of fats in your diet (and of course healthy oils are better for you than butter or margarine). Fat aids your body in many ways...fat soluable vitamins need it, your digestive system needs it are 2 of the major reasons. Same with dairy you should be getting a minimum of 2 servings a day while we know that some people for reasons do not drink or eat dairy (allergies, vegetarians) it has been research proven to increase weight loss.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

nothing is mandatory on ww... they recommend getting the 2 tsp of oil a day, just like they recommend the fruits and veggies and milk.. you can follow that or not. I know with me when I was on flex I never counted my vegetable servings and I never ate fruit or drank milk... it didn't hinder my weight loss or my health, but every person has to tailor this to their lifestyle. Now I am probably getting in more of recommended servings just because they are now free and I don't have to spend pts on them so I'm enjoying them for the first time in a year!! But if you don't want that 2 tsp of oil then don't worry about it, I'm sure you are getting healthy fats in with other things, like avocados or in meats and such... so just do what works for you, ok?
Old 08-29-2004, 03:51 PM   #7  

Default Thank You So Much!

Thanks!!
I DO get enough healthy fat in my foods and I couldn't see adding 2 teas extra and I cannot tolerate milk of any kind,so I take Viactiv.
I am allergic to any dairy or beef products.
I love cheese,but it makes me so sick.
I eat tons of veggies and several servings of fruit a day-
When I was on the Points I was eating 1TBS of natural peanut butter in a whole wheat pita for lunch every day and considered that my healthy fat
I do eat tuna,also and chicken and sometimes eggs and they all have fat..
I never drink milk,either.
I am in perfect health ---I do worry about my bones when I get older,but my doctor swears by the Viactiv.
Now,on the new program,I would have to count the pitas,pb and the viactiv every day,but CORE still sounds great to me
I do love fruits and veggies!!!
Old 08-29-2004, 04:24 PM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryng
...But if you don't want that 2 tsp of oil then don't worry about it, I'm sure you are getting healthy fats in with other things, like avocados or in meats and such...
Actually these 2 tsp of oil is supposed to be on top of the fats in our foods. It is one of the 8 healthy steps W/W puts out and based on research.

Last edited by Kelly_S; 08-30-2004 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:59 PM   #9  

It isn't clear in the book, but it states "Be sure to includes 2T a day of healthy oils, such as flax oil, olive oil......"..............I was wondering if that quote meant you HAD to have it or like others have said, just be sure to include a healthy fat.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:05 PM   #10  
Janette

Kelly, it is NOT required! "Don't forget: healthy oils such as olive, canola, safflower, sunflower, and flaxseed are Core Foods only in a quantity of two teaspoons a day."
Spryng is right, if she doesn't want it she doesn't have to eat it. Healthy guidlelines are just that, guidelines. We can follow them to the letter or take what we want and leave the rest. It is a personal choice.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:59 AM   #11  
Cowboy Up Chick

I realize that it isn't a hard set fact but healthy eating because there are fat soluable vitamins that our body needs as well as the fact our skin and hair and digestive system needs it (this is weight loss proven research) these 2 tsp are very beneficial. Many people stall or plateau because they ARE NOT getting these 2 tsp that they feel they don't need.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:08 PM   #12  

Very true Kelly, but I'm sure we all get plenty of healthy fats with our normal every day foods and especially if we use our weekly pts. I've been on ww a year now and never stalled because of not getting in enough fats, healthy or not... but we each have to tailor this program to our own individual needs and it sounds like you need those 2 tsp and that is great! I use it most days too but not everyday. Your stats are amazing so what you have been doing is obviously working for you!
Old 08-30-2004, 01:06 PM   #13  
Cowboy Up Chick

I have been in many nutrition classes and unless you eat a lot of fish or peanut butter or nuts or avocados there really isn't a lot of HEALTHY fats in a diet. That is one of the reasons for using 2 real and healthy fats that not only W/W but RDs and Nutritionists 'suggest' (for lack of a better term).

I am not saying you HAVE to but you should. You said yourself most days you do get them so that is probably reason you haven't ever had a stall from it. Look at the people who have cut out most or all fats in their diets...those are the ones I am referring to.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:27 PM   #14  

oh I get the healthy fats now because it's on core, lol.. on flex I never used my pts for oil or fruit or milk (unless I cooked with milk) I was so stingy with my pts before and now I enjoy eating much more healthy!
Old 08-30-2004, 02:45 PM   #15  
Cowboy Up Chick

spryng, I am glad you are eating healthier with Core but why where you not doing that on Flex? I found after the first few weeks (way back in 1998) that if I went to "EatingByTheNumbers" which evolved into the "PointsPies." I was never hungry, never deprived and I could get in all my F/V, Dairy, Protein, Complex Carbs, Fats and Sweets.
Closed Thread