South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 08:09 PM   #1  
Canada

Default I just HAD to have sweets today

I have been on p1 for 2 weeks and I just totally had to have sweets today.

I had a full jug of Crystal light Lemonade
1 5 carb brownie
1 donair with sweetsauce
1 chicken breast with carb options Sweet Teriaki sauce
2 sips of Booster Juice fruit and yogurt smoothie
1 sm Orange Julius Strawberry banana smoothie
and to top it all off
low carb choclate ice cream and a low carb vanilla icecream dipped in chocolate stick.

I need help..... I have totally no self control today. I think the womans thing is coming up or something. Brutal!!!

Then after all I went out and bought all rye and pumpernickel and hummas and I totally want to hog out on that tonight. toasted with butter.
Anyone know what is going on with me?

Sandra
Old 08-25-2004, 09:04 PM   #2  

Oh honey!! that was me last week. If you have the SB cookbook try the custard made with decaffe coffee and I had a little sf syrup and a little chocolate. It helps me satisfy that urge to splurge.
All i can say is drink ALOT of water to help with hunger bloating and PMS.
I get this way but I have noticed I seem to burn more that week so that if I am good I have a nice loss. Also DO NOT WEIGHT DURING THAT TIME!!!!! I speak from experience just skip it that week and be super surprised the next. Good Luck!!!::
Old 08-25-2004, 09:19 PM   #3  
Believe it & Achieve it

Try tea with some splenda if you love sweets. this has helped me to overcome the urge to splurge.

I've been indulging in a lot of "perfectly pear" tea by celestial seasonings. They carry lots of wonderful flavors. I add 1 packet splenda per cup. This satisfies the sweet cravings and I stay on track.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:55 AM   #4  

Ya know, I always weigh less during that TOM. That is the time that I weigh my least all month. Strange, huh?
Old 08-26-2004, 10:41 AM   #5  
Canada

Thanks gals ... I need a HUG!! I got on the scales and gained... that is gained.... 4 lbs!!!!! It gotta be water right???? or smoothie...

Does anyone know if we are limited in the whole grain rye breads?? I still want more!!!!

Sandra
Old 08-26-2004, 10:47 AM   #6  

I'm assuming you just started Phase 2, right? I have to watch how much bread, pasta, rice and tortillas I eat or I stall. I did gain one week. Just drink lots of water to help if you are retaining water and then work on staying OP. I've found that if I don't eat the fudgesicles, then I don't want them but once I eat them I want more. So for me, I watch the amount of allowed sweets. I still eat them if I really want them but I make sure it is worth it.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:50 AM   #7  

By the way, GFGC does show rye bread as limited.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:53 AM   #8  
Canada

yes I did, but I'm all a-hog-o on the bread. I love toasted dark rye. Should I just stick with 2-3 slices
per day??

How are you loosing your weight. You are doing an awsome job. Are you still on P1

Sandra
Old 08-26-2004, 10:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Well, you really are supposed to gradually add back the carbs and fruit like one serving a day of one or the other. Until you get to the point you aren't losing. It's different for different people. Some can eat several servings, others can only eat 1 or 2 a day.

It seems like you have sort of shocked your system by adding everything back at the same time. Plus with it being TOM, you're messed up for a week or so. At least I am during the week. Water retention and such, so take it easy.

Run away from the smoothies for awhile. Go for a run, walk, roll around the neighborhood. We all have days where everything looks good and we eat everything in site. or we need lots of sweet things.

The sugarfree popsicles and fudgesicles are pretty good, the ricotta cream desserts are interesting-but after phase 1, I sort of got sick of them and only have them occasionally now.

Question: What's a donair? I'm too interested in food. It's my hobby. How sad.

Last edited by sarahyu; 08-26-2004 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:01 AM   #10  
Canada

It is huge here in Canada. You can usually get them at any Pizza place. They are wrapped up in a pita or you can bake them flat in the oven like pizza.
Here is a great link on them.. I think I may even post it to the recipie section motified to SB. The one I had yesterday was not SB friendly, though,,, lol.

http://www.astro.umd.edu/~petitpas/Links/Donair.html

The meat on the post turns and it browns again the heat and makes it crispy. Iususally just buy it sliced in the deli of Safeway though. And if they don't have it, they can get it in.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:25 AM   #11  

Truly everyone is different as to how much they can add back in. I may have a starch at lunch and again at dinner but I make sure to keep my portions of pasta, rice etc small. On the weekends, I often make an egg/mushroom/onion/cheese mixture and eat it on one whole wheat tortilla but then I usually don't have a starch for lunch. If I do eat bread (which I love), I eat only one slice a day. I don't eat fruit every day. I had added it in every day and I plateau'd.

I really don't miss the starches as much. I make sure that my meal centers around vegetables with some protein and some starch. Last night was a tomato based soup with carrots and kidney beans and zucchini and WW elbow macaroni. The vegetables really were the main focus of the soup. AND I got everyone to eat it - even my 7 year old.

Your donair recipe sounds good but sounds like it could be very high in sugars and fats.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:28 AM   #12  

OK, if you are going to pig out on the bread then throw it away and don't buy it anymore. If you can't control it, avoid it.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:39 AM   #13  
Canada

oh Wendy!!! Don't say that!!!! I truly love bread... There has to be a way!!!!

I know, though,... I wouldn't be here if I didn't have a carb problem.... sigh......no control...no control....

Last edited by Totally Neck-ed; 08-26-2004 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:40 AM   #14  
Canada

That soup sounds good. Can you post it for me??
Old 08-26-2004, 11:57 AM   #15  

Sure. It's there under Phase 2 Soups and Stews http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...508#post658508
Closed Thread