Old 08-24-2004, 10:32 PM   #1  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default Which weight???

Which weight do you use? I weigh at home and then I get weighed at the dr. The dr's office scale always shows about 3 pounds more than the scale at home. So, I am never sure which one to post here.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:41 PM   #2  
i see the stars in me

i say use the one at home because u r using that one more often. It isnt so much as how much you weigh as much as how much you have lsot. As long as u start on one weight and keep using that one to go by you will be fine
faded_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

The one that weighs the least, of course.

Often my doctor's scale weighs me at 5+ pounds more than the WW scale. I say just pick one and be consistent.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I say for your sanity, use your home scale as your official weight. I'd go crazy "converting" every time I weighed in, but maybe that's just me.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 11:54 PM   #5  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila53
The one that weighs the least, of course.

Often my doctor's scale weighs me at 5+ pounds more than the WW scale. I say just pick one and be consistent.
Funny, I was thinking to go with the higher weight!! I wonder what that says about me? Your way sounds a lot healthier, Sheila!

I agree that the key is to remain consistent. I upped my weight by 7 pounds back in the beginning because I had a rude awakening.....and then I just stuck with that higher weight going forward, recalibrating my (old) home scale to match that of the doctor's. I did that because I wanted to really have an accurate awareness of how much I really weighed, since I was working so hard to lose weight! Now that I have a better quality scale, I don't have that discrepancy....and I just make a point of weighing myself at home right before going getting weighed at that office because after that experience I feel mildly paranoid and obsessive!

Anyway, I just took forever to say that I pretty much agree with the others.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:55 PM   #6  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Ok, the weight I have posted is the one from my home scale. I guess somehow I felt like I was cheating or something by using the lesser weight. I think partly because the weight I have to use for the goal ~ below 190 to be able to get that long term care insurance ~ the home weight doesn't count ~ it has to be the weight at the dr's office. I like the home weight better ~ with that one, I will get to onederland sooner. So, I will leave it as it is.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote