Old 08-25-2004, 07:27 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Post SAHM's #225 Wednesday

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 23 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter almost 5, Nicholas almost 4 & Andrew 13 mo. Weight Watchers is my way of life

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Angel: SAHM of 4, Ages 8,8,7,&4.

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 5, Ally 3, & Andrew 20 months. Due Feb 1st. Married almost 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. Avon & Watkins Sales Rep. My plan when on it counting calories & exercise

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jaymi: 2 kids, 20 mo Girl & 6 yo boy. Been married to DH for 2 ½ years. I’m counting calories, eating lowfat foods & exercise. I have no idea what the name of that diet is!!!

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (<2). Currently counting calories with Tops NutriBase Software.

I am Mindee, and I will be 22 on 8/17. I am married to Tommy, who is 27, and we have been married for 2 years. We have a little boy, Brandon, who is almost 4 months
watkinsguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:38 AM   #2  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

I couldn't come up with a good QOTD so whoever posts next...you do it.
Thanks.

Good Morning Ladies.
I'm back on my schedule. I have been sleeping in until the kids get up with dh gone and it hasn't been that bad, but I so much enjoy more getting up early.

Spryng, yes dh found work, but we can't do it without a Florida license. In order to get that, we have to apply, then wait until the test is scheduled, which I read that it was scheduled for November, then take it and wait over a month for the results. See we, as a company I'm part owner, have laid off employees that are ready NOW to go and work. We felt that in this situation with Florida's hurricane mess, they could make some sort of Temporary law about reciprocating license, but they won't. Your dinner sounded good.

Michelle, Y'all will be among the first to know when I find out. I really feel it's a girl. And it really isn't a big deal to not know, my sister is expecting her 8th and has never ever had a sonogram to find out.

Geri, I think they could have found out, but I have to drive almost an hour for this doc and they wanted me to make a special appt. for the sono anytime now, and I would rather wait until my next appt. and do it all at once.

Jill, I hope you're feeling better today. Let us know.

Hello to Mel, Penny, Cindi, Jill, Jaymi and everyone else.

I'm staying home today and getting the house in tip top shape for dh to come home tomorrow. I'll check in later.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:44 AM   #3  

Height: 5 foot

Hello chicks! I have to get into a new schedule because my son has started school now and unfortunately I still haven’t figured it out yet. It would involve waking up extra early and going to sleep extra early. But with this PMS…. It’s sooo not happening! I really don‘t feel like complaining today! This is life… so deal with it.. Right! Ha, ha I haven’t exercised.. . Do I deserve to just lay down and give in to the PMS? I'm craving a little sugar... but not any chocolate for goodness sake! Just some candy. I haven't been over eating! Spryng- you can send me a copy of that list… or anything else that has to do with WW if you feel up to it! I need a change to help me get back on track! I think I may have just gotten bored with doing the same exact thing over and over for 5 months. Counting calories can be too hard sometimes. Like in the meal I cooked the other night. I have NO idea what they are… so I have no idea what I’m taking in.If my headache lingers off, I probably will do some exercising. Saturday is creeping up on me! Anyways I need to get going now. I have no idea what's going on now.. my mind has drew blank! Have a great day chicks... Leigh, sorry to hear about your accident, but I‘m so glad everything is ok! Yes I would have to say in the couple of states I‘ve been in.. Tx probably had the most “down to earth“ people. So nice is a good word! Of course nobody has perfect people in them… I wish! Although that might be very close to a horror movie! Like Cocoon or something.. Or the next Stephen King.. Ok, I‘m rambling now and my brain just went blank… again… I better go do some laundry before I lay down again! I hope everyone is having a great day today! I will try to come back later on and comment!

Ok, I’m hoping that no one has done this one.. Since sometimes I get so behind… but hopefully not.

Question of the Day~ If you could have plastic surgery for free, would you? And if so, what would you have done?

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 08-25-2004 at 07:48 AM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:52 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hey Ladies,

Crystal,
I am so sorry dh didn't get any work That is horrible. I guess things happen for a reason ....... Hang in there

Jaymi,
Sorry Tom is bothering you too! He is here with me also....... two timer...... We did have that qotd last week

Ok Ladies...... I hate to run but I gotta get the kids ready to bring Hunter to school!

Have a great day I'll check in later
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:14 AM   #5  
SAHM of 3

Jaymi, that question has been done, but that's okay. We can answer again.
I wouldn't have plastic surgery. I don't agree with having it done.

Penny, I just found out that not even Louisiana will accept a Texas license which is surprising. You're right everything happens for a reason. But I so totally want to move, anywhere, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:37 AM   #6  

Height: 5 foot

Ok. sorry! Ha, ha I told you I couldn't remember! I know that I hadnt answered that question. Well how about this one:

If you could trade places with anyone (famous or not) for one day, who would it be?

My answer: Jada Pinkett... so that I can sleep with Will Smith!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:02 AM   #7  

Good Morning all. I know I didn't post yesterday, but I was sooooo tired. I did read through posts. Leigh's story stuck out of course, so I will respond to that and move on to today...Sorry ladies. I hope you don't mind.

Leigh, OMG, I can't believe that happened to you! How is everyone now? I bet you were shook up for some time. I know what you mean about the "what could have's" I'm so glad no one was physically hurt. Someone hit my car when Abigail was only 10 days old. They hit me from behind. I was a nut when I got out of my car....do you know that the woman had the nerve to say "I thought you made a comittment to go"......YOU THOUGHT YOU THOUGHT. I couldn't believe she said that. You don't assume anything, you wait till someone goes then you go. Big dope! Thankfully we were ok too. Do you think your car is totaled? Let us know how you are.

Jill, hope you are feeling better

Anyway, Penny and I are going to try to do an exercise challenge at 11 EST if you're interested see us on Yahoo IM.

QOTD, I wouldn't really trade places with anyone. I love my life! I just want to be thinner...Ha ha, maybe I could just trade bodies with someone and keep my face and insides. lol. invasion of the body snatchers..
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!

QOTD I'm not sure that I would trade places with anyone either but man I would love to have a body like some of the stars lol.

Nothing planned today really except I have to work at 1pm til 8pm I 'm so worn out from working so much I can't wait to get a break! I got the cutest ralph lauren polo canvas shoes from costco they are white and blue so adorable. I also got a 115 dollar memory foam mattress pad and man does that feel awesome!! Tomorrow I'm getting the windows on my car tinted with mirror tint woo hoo. I know I know not that exciting really lol. Its been crappy weather here for the past few days oh well I guess I don't particularly care since I'm working lol. So I Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day!!

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:48 AM   #9  
SAHM of 3

Okay next QOTD: I don't know that I would trade places either. I would love to live as an actress just to see how easy life is, but not really trade places with someone.

I do have a question for everyone. It's for myself really. So many of you live in all places of the world and have moved to several areas in your lifetime.
WHERE IS YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO LIVE, CITY AND OR STATE AND WHY? OR IF YOU HAVEN'T EVER LIVED ANY WHERE ELSE, WHERE WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO LIVE AND WHY?

I'll discuss my reason for this question later when I have more time. And I don't have an answer, that's why I'm asking the question.
TTYL
Old 08-25-2004, 09:51 AM   #10  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hey Ladies

Jaymi,
Like the other girls..... I wouldn't want to change lives with anyone but their bodies is another thing.......lol I would like my stomach not to look like a saggy ole road map.....
Hope you have a good day

Mel,
I am so sorry Patrick is still not sleeping..... Have you tried giving him some motrin or tylenol when he goes to sleep? maybe his mouth is bothering him at night ? I am definetely not one to drug my child but it might help him

Michelle,
I didn't ever here your weigh in on Sunday. How did you do? Hope you have a great day at work.... How about the preggo virgin??? The window tint sounds exciting !!!! I used to have mine done in all my vehicles The suburban has them pretty dark already though. Glad you got a new mattress pad thingy! I need one sooo bad too!
Have you heard from your mil???

TTYL PENNY
Old 08-25-2004, 09:54 AM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

I have always lived in Louisiana my whole life. We do have a hunting camp set up in Mississippi though. I like where I live and don't think I would ever like to move.

My bil and sil move every two years in the Air Force... Turkey, Hawaii, Germany, etc. That is for them...... not for me
Old 08-25-2004, 09:56 AM   #12  

Oh penny I was up 1.5 lbs on sunday but TOM is here now so hopefully my cravings will subside ugghhh I feel like such a failure Well onward and upward I suppose. Those memory foam pads are soooo freakin awesome!! I love it!
How are the boys?

Michelle
Old 08-25-2004, 09:59 AM   #13  

Ummm ok lets see, I loved living in Boston when I was single and younger but I love Montana and I really don't want to move my family anywhere else I feel safe here.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:00 AM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Michelle!

Don't feel bad! I know how hard TOM is on us!

I actually gained 3 pounds myself As you can see I am up to 170

But We can do this! YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE! Nobody here is! Coming here and trying is half the battle!

We are gonna go down down down from here on out!!!!!

I am movitated once again...... can you tell?
Old 08-25-2004, 10:03 AM   #15  

Yayyyyy Penny!!! I love you girl!! Well my bowflex is due to arrive next tuesday I'm so stoked!! so I'm planning on rowing 5 days a week 20-30 minutes a day and then doing weights 3-4 days a week 30 minutes a day.