South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 07:04 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat - Wednesday, August 25

Good morning, Beach Babes.

It's frosty again this morning but bring your furry robes and slipper and we'll brave the deck for coffee. I have lots of Canadian bacon and will do scrambled eggs with mushrooms and onions - whole wheat toast for the Phase II chicks. Wouldn't it be lovely!

I stayed OP again all day yesterday and have maintained my tiny half pound loss. Now I'm chipping away at the other ones - a fat molecule imploding at a time. Right now I have made my August goal. For the first time in history, I've met a goal. Drumroll, please!

Last night I auditioned for a play with a local theatre group - not for me! Next time I will be sure they tell me what play is planned, none of this "We'll see how many show up"! They are doing Last of the Red Hot Lovers, a pretty good play, but I can't see myself being seduced by a 50 year old Lothario when I'm supposed to be his wife's best friend. I certainly hope the Director doesn't call me.

I have to get The Girls up, pottied and fed because they have appointments this morning: Lucy for a bath and fur styling and Hershey for her job at the Nursing Home.

What's happening chez vous?
Old 08-25-2004, 07:34 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Went to my Stitch N ***** group (knitting) last night for the first time in months. It was only me and one other gal who's a newbie to the group. ~~sigh~~ We had a nice chat, but are thinking we may join a group we've heard rumored meets across the way at the bookstore cafe...so, we'll see. The only thing is, I think I drank the wrong tea b/c I laid awake til after midnight, staring at the ceiling, waiting for sleep to come. Ugh!

Remember yesterday when I thought it would be a good idea to stay in bed? Turns out I was right. I SHOULD have! @#%$ing doctor was 2-3 hours behind schedule b/c he's too freakin' cheap to have hired a new assistant while the previous one was still there to help train! GGRRR Patients came in hungry and pissed off b/c they had to wait at the docs and that put ME behind, so they were pissed at me, too. The cherry on top of the sundae was having a woman with absolutely NO viable veins for me to stick. Fooling with her put me even further behind and I finally sent her to the hospital and let them deal with her.

Yesterday was 99% on program. Came home and BIL had steaks (again) marinating. Ended up eating one of those (small) about 1 T of red beans and rice and a tablespoon or so of mushroom gravy.

Ruth, even having to bundle up, coffee on the deck sounds heavenly. I can't wait til we get a couple of freezes under our belt to kill the mosquitoes, then I'll be back out there myself. Nothing like a good cup of hot coffee on a cold morning.

Well, gotta run. You Beach Chicks have a great OP day.

Mamacita
Old 08-25-2004, 07:38 AM   #3  
RNMOM

Default PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPp

Ruth, that's as close I can get to a drumroll but you certainly deserve it! Yeh, for making August goal....early even. You are such an overacheiver!
Hope the girls have fun with their spa day. I like the visual you gave of fat cells imploding

Having an episode of insomnia. Been up since 0330, grrrr. I don't like being at work when I'm sleep deprived. Don't have to be there early today so that's good. It's been cold here (50's and 60's) Hopefully will warm up a lot because I've got a garden full of green tomatoes. I need more hot summer days.

Back OP for the last couple of days, whew! Made cream peas and potatoes, chicken breast (grilled) and corn on the cob last night. I love the garden....except I had chicken breast and steamed veggies. I only lusted after cream peas and potatoes and corn on the cob dripping with butter. Determined to NOT have the Idaho spud-butt!

Need to amp up the exercise again and enjoy the fall weather before it starts blizzarding around here. I'll miss those outside runs.

Hope everyone has a great day. I look forward to reading the updates on ya'll.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:42 AM   #4  
RNMOM

Default Hiya momma

What are you doing up so early??????????? Go back to bed, sounds like that's better than working. Doctors.....don't ya wanna just slap 'em? They can be real twits.

I too love being on the angry end of frustrated patients. Nurses are pretty low on the totem pole and it seems that the patients that are unhappy think that nurses should be yelled at, but when the almighty doc walks in the room "everything is just fine".

Hope your day is better! Sounds like dinner was yummy and not too bad.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:47 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good going, RNMOM. I thought they kicked you out of Idaho if you didn't eat spuds? I will have tons of geeen tomatoes when the killer frost finally hits. I make dilled tomatoes out of the green cherry ones - cute and yummy!

Mamacita, that woman with the disappearing veins was probably one of my relations! I still have the bruises from the last bloodletting and it's been three weeks. I'm sorry you and RNMOM didn't sleep well. I have been taking St John's Wort and it seems to help me stay asleep. I'm sure St J. doesn't miss his warts.

Gotta go chauffeur Madame Lucy to the fur stylist. We could walk but I don't trust that knee of mine yet - although it is getting better.

Catch y'all later.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:07 AM   #6  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Smile

Morning ladies,
Ruth-Congratulations on making your goal and early too I think I may actually make my exercise goal and that's alot for me. Keep of the good work. Glad the audition went well. Even if they call you back and don't want it, it's a good feeling that they did call you.

Mamacita-sorry about your delays yesterday. Nothing like being behind on someone else account. Hopefully today will be a better day for you. Don't be mad at us with disappearing veins....it's not our fault

RNMOM-sorry you aren't able to sleep. I am just the opposite...I sleep all night and am still tired in the am....Can't get out of bed. I hope you are able to stay awake during the day.

Me...Day 3 back on P1 and I am actually losing. It's exactly what I need to get back into this diet thing. For the first day in a week, I woke up without a headache. WOOHOO. It appears to be an overcast cool day here, but think it's supposed to be sunny and warm later. It's a short day for me...i am meeting a girlfriend who is back in the area from Germany with her little one. It will be good to get caught up with her.

OH! Good news....what they thought they had spotted on my dads lung during routine xrays to observe his aneurysm, was actually scar tissue from the radiation he had for his lung cancer. It's nothing to be worried about. WOOHOO. It's such a relief. He has been though so much in the last 9 years. It's nice that he can enjoy being well for a little while.

Off to get my coffee and jump in the shower then I will be out on the deck with my coffee. Have a great day on the beach ladies.

Sheila

Last edited by Shequila; 08-25-2004 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Happy hump day
Old 08-25-2004, 09:38 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning everybody.

Well, I've used the restroom for the morning, and I'm still 140. Looks like I'm going to have to go back to Ph1 on Monday. Never know, though.....volleyball starts tonight. I have a double-header, so maybe 6 games will make me drop some pounds. I haven't played since May, so it's going to be interesting!!! I guess our team isn't going to be so great this season....Molly, Jay, and I are pretty good, Eric's alright, Jenn is so-so, and then there's this guy Patrick that I haven't met yet, who doesn't sound too good at all. Everyone replies with "Well, he tries hard" when I ask if he's any good. Oh boy.

Better get going. Need to eat breakfast and pack for tonight....off work at 6:15 and my first game starts at 6:30....will probably be a few minutes late, but that's what happens when Jenn makes the schedule. Four games at 6:30, when she knows I work until 6:15. grrrrr.

Everyone have a fabulous day!
Old 08-25-2004, 10:50 AM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

Where is everyone this morning? Are you all still in bed? What sleepyheads this mornining. Good morning to all of you who are early starters.

I thought this week would be busier for me at work than it has turned out to be. I guess I was run off my feet last year because we had just changed Security contract suppliers and the security guard force were so new that they didn't know the site and had never experienced the nuances that are normal life for the rest of us. This year, they have really taken control and are very competent in handling the situation. It has substantially reduced my workload, for which I am very grateful.

Ruth - Good morning. You are up bright and early and on to the deck. I can smell the coffee and I'll be there in a while - more like a few days by car. WTG on the weight loss. I knew that you could do it. Keep on going, you have a head start on next month's goal...

Mama - Sorry to hear about your workday yesterday. It is crazy when it is so busy, you are hours behind, then come up with a problem. Should have sent that lady without the veins back as a reject. I can remember when my first DD was born, I had lost a lot of blood, so I had to get blood tests every day that I was in the hospital. One day dracula came to take blood and was have difficulty getting the blood sample. She put the needle in, took it out, put it in, took it out, put it in, took it out and announced she would need to try the other arm. Found a vein, put the needle in, took it out, put it in, took it out, put it in, took it out, then looked at the needle. My goodnes wasn't the end of the needle bent and she couldn't get the blood to flow. By the next day, I was black and blue up and down the arms something horrible. Now, I always get the lab tech to check the needles before they go in the first time...they think I'm nutso. Hope everything goes well today.

Last edited by sweet tooth; 08-25-2004 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:50 AM   #9  

Morning, everyone! I've just got time for a quick hello.
Ruth - congratulations on meeting your August goal! That feels so good, doesn't it?

I wish our cool weather was still here. It was 80 at 7 this morning but I promised Brian we would go out tonight so he could ride his scooter once his homework is done. I've had a sore muscle on my leg but it is better today.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:15 AM   #10  
Faith in me

Good Morning Ladies!

Well I'm bummed out....I didn't get the job with the insurance company...I really wanted it....The guy didn't even have the nerve to call me....I called him!!! UGH I'm still applying everywhere....something is BOUND to come up...or so I hope.......sigh...This is getting depressing....On a good note my new computer is coming today...or it should be here today....Ruth that sounds so nice to be able to go out on the deck all bundled up....We have a patio here...but it's just hazy and muggy in the mornings....I can't wait for the colder weather to come! Well ladies have a good day on the beach! Don't forget the sunscreen!!
Old 08-25-2004, 11:18 AM   #11  
Conquering with SBD

I'll finish the post now...I press some wrong buttons and poof, my post was gone.

RNMOM - WTG with staying OP. I knew that you could get back on track. You will lose that extra weight in no time. You are so very close now, so you can see the end in sight. Take care.

Sheila - Congrats on staying OP and the weight loss. Good to hear that you are over the headache. I hate the kinds of headaches that come form reducing sugar and coffee in the diet. It seems to be that the only solution is to suffer through or consume what you are trying to omit. Good to hear that DD is fine and that it was nothing with the X Rays. It is such a worry when you don't know.

Weezle - Have fun at volleyball. Wait for a couple of days before you make the assessment on going back to Phase 1. You may not need to do that if the exercise kicks in on some fat burning. I have ramped up my exercising, but the pounds are still coming off slowly. However, I have also increased the amount of starch that I am eating - I usually eat 1 serving every other day and have been having one serving every day. So that might be doing it to me, but I will monitor. And yes, it means with the scale.

Barb - Bite your tongue. 80 degrees sounds like heaven to me. I have been cold for the last week. It is coolish in the mornings here and when I get to work, the air is turned down so cold that I can't get the temp in my office about 15C. I have to run to the bathroom every few minutes to run my hands under cold water, it is so cold. Please, please , please send some of the heat my way. I could really use it. Have a great day today.

Me - I haven't done too much this past week. We finally got a new router at home, so I could hook my computer back up to the internet. It was working great last night, so hopefully it will continue to be OK.

I have also reached my August goal this month...plus an extra .4 pounds. I am hoping to lose a bit more, yet, so I am being very OP these days. I don't have any special events to attend in the next while with the exception of birthday month (September) in our family. It is my birthday, DS's birthday (he was born on my birthday), DH's birthday (plus his twin brother's birthday ), two of my cousins' birthdays and one of their kids. On top of that, DH and I have three gift certificates for dinner out that need to be used up quite quickly. I am hoping to have some additional weight lost before I take that kind of plunge. I will have some heavy duty planning to do to make sure that I manage my eating next month and still stay OP. I know I can do it, and I have every intention of being successful.

Hope everyone has a great day. Take care.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:26 AM   #12  
Conquering with SBD

Good monring Jess. We were posting at the same time. Sorry to hear about the job, but I always say, if you don't get it, it wasn't meant to be. DH and I have often been disappointed for the moment when we don't get jobs that are made for us. However, in the long run, there are things that come out of the woodwork that make you thankful that you weren't there. When we were young, raising our family and needing an income, DH applied for a job that couldn't have better suited him. He went to 2 interviews and didn't get the job. He was actually quite shocked. However, 2 years later, we read in the paper that the company had gone bankrupt. Even though we were disappointed at the time, we were so very thankful that someone was looking after us.

About 1.5 years ago DH applied for another job...he had been working in the same place for 26.5 years. From the time that he sent in his app. to the time that he had confirmed the job, it was just over a week. This was strange in itself because it is not unusual for that kind of job competition to take 2 - 3 months to complete. It was just sooooo easy. As it turned out, 2 weeks after he left his old job, the department in which he worked was restructured and he knew that he wouldn't have been able to work there. Also, he discovered that he is now able to collect to full pensions when he retires rather than one. The timing was perfect. Soooo, be patient. The right job will come along, and you will know when you get it. It is hard in the meantime, because you need an income, but you will get something better than the insurance job. Take care.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:55 AM   #13  

Good morning, sorry abt the late post, work is killer!

Barb- It is gorgeous here too and my only complaint is that I wish I was outside in the sun. My one little hour on Monday was NOT ENOUGH!

Ruth: Yay on reaching your goal! And I am rather jealous of your doggies. How come no one takes me to spa days?

RNMOM: Sorry, I am one of those people who *****es at the nurse, but at least I ***** at the doctor too. I am not a happy camper in the hospital. I do try to make up for it by bringing in a treat when I am better.

Shequila: Double yay for losing weight and for your dad's good health!

Weezle: Good luck with volleyball. Have a little pity on the guy who tries hard. That is usually me. Unfortunately, I suck at virtually anything that requires hand eye coordination. I walk into walls as a matter of course.

Mamacita: Stitch and *****?!?!? I want in! Are their chapters across the country? Do you know of any in Boston? I want to learn to knit, and alas, my only teacher is in RI. Any advice would be mightily appreciated!
Old 08-25-2004, 12:04 PM   #14  
Believe it & Achieve it

Morning chicks~

I shot up out of bed this morning, kids going at it early! I pumped em full of breakfast, sent them on their merry way and here I am sipping on my latte'.

I think I figured out what my 2 pd so-called gain was from. To much milk and as a result of no groceries overindulging on the PB. I don't have the updated book, and I was drinking 3 glasses of milk per day not 2 cups. So, yesterday I had 2 cups of milk, 2 tbsp of PB and Wala I am back down 2 pds today to my current weight of 165. Maybe that's what's been stalling me out to?!?!?

Having concerns about DBF. Lately he has had one migrain after another. His mother also developed this in her 30's which was the onset to epilepsy. His mom is also diabetic and so now he is ultra freaked out. lately he has been so run down he just wants to curl up in bed or on the couch. I'm encouraging him to stick with SBD and to go to a DR. He's willing to do the diet but he has a serious aversion to doctors because they have screwed up his mom so much ( long story). *sigh* So please send good vibes that he will feel better soon or at least have the courage to see a physician!

I was going to post individually but now DBF is up and wants the computer so that he can start work, he works from home. I will try and get on later but a big HI to everyone!

Last edited by 1busymomma; 08-25-2004 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:44 PM   #15  

Lots of good vibes for your DBF. Not all doctors are bad. Perhaps you can research a good one? I want him to feel better.
Closed Thread