South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 07:09 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Tuesday 08/24 Beach Chat

Good morning, Chicks~~

It's one of those mornings that I'd love to just be lazy and not do anything at all. But, one must be grown up about these things, mustn't one?

There's absolutely NOTHING going on around here. Even the dogs are still snoring. Hubby and BIL have long since gone to work.

So, now that the thread is started, I'm going to go get my shower done, face slapped on and uniform donned.

If I don't make it back, all you lovely chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 08-24-2004, 08:18 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Mamacita, and chickies to come.

The Girls barked at 5 but I went back to sleep until nearly 6 - it was wonderful. We did the coffee on the deck thing and it was darned cold. You couldn't see your breath but a jacket over the robe felt great! I was glad of the extra sleep as i didn't get to Dreamland very fast last night. I was thinking of Ellis and her family. You see, I do know Ellis in real life too and know how worried and sad she must be.

It's a sunny day here and I have nothing much planned except to go to an audition tonight. Nope, not Vagina Monolgues Part II! Actually I've no idea what the play is but the rehearsals would be 15 minutes away, not a half hour drive, and the performance would be in the fall, not in the middle of a February ice storm! That has to count for something, even if it is a crappy play. I'll do anything - a stage/scale ho!

I may take The Girls to the vet for a weigh-in this morning. They are delighfully mellow these days, just loafing around on the couch or in sun puddles, thinking preggie doggie thoughts and dreaming of puppies. I cannot believe how much crazy Lucy has calmed down. Gail was here yesterday and was just astonished to be greeted with tail wagging instead of leaps into the air. Portuguese Water Dogs have big springs in their legs and can jump straight into the air!

I hope everyone has a great OP day and that the new folks pop into this thread to say howdy or hi or lah-dee-dah!

Old 08-24-2004, 08:45 AM   #3  

morning chickies!!!
well the first day of school went off with out a hitch. dd is officially a high schooler. now just 2 more to get ready and we will all be done. i took the time this morning to take care of myself and pack a good lunch and snacks for work. i am determined to do this really i am i just keep stumbling along the way. i also changed my weight on my siggy to reflect the gain i can't seem to loose for more than a day. i am officially on p1 today!!!

mama have a good day at work. i also could of laid in my warm bed till noon today!! but since i already have so much going on at work i hopped up and got ready.

ruth i know you will keep us posted about ellis please send her our good wishes if you get the chance to speak to her again. hope the doggies are feeling good. good luck with your audition!! stage ho lol

to everyone else yet to post have a good one!!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 08:57 AM   #4  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Default Good morning

Good morning Mamacita and Ruth-

It's another beautiful day here in NoVA andman do I wish I didn'thave to go to work. It's almost like a fall day with clear skies and it's coil with no humidity. It's nice to leave the windows open and smell the fresh air every now and then. I've got another headache again today.....it's a mild one so I will go into work.

It was nice to be off yesterday and be as lazy as I wanted to. I did get to polish my silver tea set, and go through my clothes. I've got 2 bags that I've got ready for Salvation Army and I am sure the my BF will have at least another bag as well. I'm starting way ahead of time in preparation for moving. I can't stand for it to not be organized, so I've already started my paring down mode and getting rid of anything that I havent' worn or used in the last 6 months. I probably have 20 bins in storage down stairs that we're going to have to start going through as well. I know as soon as we find a house to buy, I'll probably start to pack right away.

Well it was a great day back on Phase 1. I forgot how much I hated it. Eggs, eggs, Eggs. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!

Good luck on your audition Ruth. I'll keep you in my prayers you'll get the part you want! Eveyone else have a fabulous day on the beach! don't forget your sunscreen.

Sheila
Old 08-24-2004, 08:59 AM   #5  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Hi Jodi-We posted at the same time. Welcome back to Phase 1 with the rest of us. Hopefully it won't be as painfully as it was the first round. Have a great day!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:03 AM   #6  
cac

Good morning everyone,

It is a beautiful day today. Not much traffic, I think the desertion of the city for the convention has already started.

Last night I went out to dinner to the "best" pizza in Brooklyn. I was gogint to allow my self pizza for the first tiem in 4 months. Somehting interesting happened. I had a roasted vegitable antipasta first and then only a slice of pizza. what a difference I am making better chioces even on days I say do what you want.

cac
Old 08-24-2004, 09:16 AM   #7  

Morning. gals! I wish it could be a lazy morning but I looked at my calendar yesterday and realized I had a 7 AM meeting this morning. I can get to work at 7:30 if I have to but there is no way to make 7 since Brian's before school program doesn't open until 6:30. So I am working from home today. I dropped Brian off early with his breakfast and took the meeting here. At least we did have one person from Asia Pacific who made it on the call as well as people from Europe, Brazil and the US so I guess I can handle this time once a month.

Actually, I like working from home since I don't have the 30-40 minute drive back that way. I wish they would let us work at home all the time but I get to do it when it is necessary.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:29 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I tell ya, this chair.....I can't even read 1 page of posts and I gotta go, gotta go, gotta go.

Ruth, please do keep us posted on the status of Ellis and her family.

I don't work until noon today, so I sort of slept in (8:15.) I have to make decadent brownies for DMIL as her birthday is tomorrow. Don't think she deserves it, nor will she probably eat them (she's on Ph1 and anything you try to feed her and tell her it's SB-friendly, "I can't eat that. It has ______ in it. I can't have that, it has _____ in it." Yes, I'm trying to sabotage your diet by feeding you things that I SAY are OP, but really aren't.

Well enough griping about it, I suppose. Off to make some brownies and decorate them with ff cool whip. Hurrah.

Talk to you all later.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:38 AM   #9  
RNMOM

Default Mornin'

I am certainly not a morning person.............ugh.

Was up late last night finishing up our apartment for renters to move into today. I don't love painting and cleaning.

Did OK yesterday with eating, did splurge on grapes. I have a hard time with the phase one thingy because of that. Summer fruit is so good. Bread is no big deal for me. Today is another day and I will behave!

Sounds like everyone's weather is cooling off, I'm not ready for summer to be over. Can I whine about that? My daughter starts school tomorrow. That always makes me sad. I love having the kids home. I'm also not ready for her to be 13 and all the fluff that goes with that. You know, so and so not liking me and so and so is sooo cute and can I wear eyeshadow. I'm definitely too old to be a parent.

Well, you all have a great day. I'll be thinking of you and I overcome temptation from the cupboards or the fridge. I am going to run today, maybe that will give me some energy.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:33 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies---

I actually made it to the gym last night! I am feeling the "not going for 2 weeks" though this morning. I can't go tonight but will be hauling laundry up and down 3 flights of stairs -- may even walk between washer and dryer loads.

Hope all are well. I need to get some work done!
Old 08-24-2004, 11:19 AM   #11  
Conquering with SBD

Good mornin' everyone,

Just a quick check-in this morning. It is crazy at work today. The first day of registration and all (well a lot anyway) come first thing in the morning. So, I came in early to get everything settled and it will be busy from now until the end of September.

Nothing much going on in my personal life, though, but work makes up for it, I guess.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:26 AM   #12  

Good Morning all-

Well the evening lastnight started good went to a meeting and we were putting on a bake sale. I DID NOT EAT A THING!!!:: And so many people came up and told me how great I looked. If that does not make you stick with it nothing will.!!! Great motivation

: As you all know I would not get on the scale last week (TOM) But I got on this AM and I am down 3 lbs. I am sooo excited
As for my exciting day i have planned beds, laundry ,floors and getting someone to come fix my closet before the whole thing falls!! Started to fall last night! DH and I have to move alot of stuff off it lastnight so the master bed and bath will not get cleaned today until I can get someone in here for repairs.:crossed.

Talk to you all later.

Ruth- Have a nice day with your preggers! Good luck Today
Jodi- Good for you planning ahead always helps
Shelia- Enjoy your nice weather it is in th 90s today Yuck!
Wez Enjoy your brownies ALITTLE!
RnMom Thats what I find hard about phase1 too. Good luck and you can di it!!
Jenne- Thats what is on my plate too!
Old 08-24-2004, 11:45 AM   #13  
Believe it & Achieve it

I am bummed, how is it that you can follow SBD to a tee and still manage to gain some weight?!?!?! I hopped on the scale and am up 2 pds! Please tell me this is muscle gain. My clothes fit better and I feel better....but the freakin scale is so discouraging. Even my co-workers say it looks like I've lost weight this summer, but sadly ..... no

I have only slipped up 2x's on this diet in the last 2.5 weeks, which is really good for me. Once with pizza and once the other night with chinese food. In both instances I tried to make it at least a more healthy way of eating.

Yesterday I was OP all day. I crawled the walls last night for something sweet but we ran out of ricotta and then the stupid jell-o would not set up right and finally at 8:00 last night I made legal no-bake cookies. And after all that I ate 1.5 cookies and my tummy hurt. You know how bad I wanted that butter cake I made for the kids? Really bad! I deserve at the very least a loss or a medal for abstaining from the cake.

*sigh* sorry to be such a gripe. Just bummed out but I will continue on.

Today I have to go to work and drive my route again and then I have to attend a class on putting out fires. We actually get to play with matches hehe and then play with a fire extinguisher and put it out. Should be fun, then I am going tanning (part of the benefits of working in a day spa, but a very nice treat for myself)

After that, I am going to continue to work on cleaning my house! chat later, I have to go get ready for work.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:03 PM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning, Chicklets!

Mama, I feel you...I would love to be lazy today...or be industrious, but at home, working on my quilt!

Ruth, you are such a caring sweet person! I know Ellis feels your kind thoughts even from far away. So glad that Lucy is better and both pups are happily nesting and nurturing those puplets! What a wonderful time! Don't you just want to curl up with the dogs when they are all warm and comfy looking like that? DH was curled up on the couch with our pup a couple days ago. I took a picture of them because they were so darn cute...I'll have to post it some time. Hope you have a great day--break a leg at that audition!

Jodi, so glad things went off well...lots of luck with the other two!

Sheila, it is great that you are so organized! I'm a terrible pack rat and have boxes of things that were packed for my first move when I was 13...I have no idea what's in them! Don't eat the darn eggs if you don't want to, hon...I hate them and never eat them. Lots of other great things to eat for breakfast...check around in the threads. I love cottage cheese with cucumber or tomato or both. Also yogurt with flaxseed, splenda, and cinnamon. Yum!

cac, good for you! I didn't realize you lived in the city...how much fun is that?

Barb, I'm glad they let you work from home sometimes, especially with meetings that early! My co-worker's husband works with people in China...he often has to go to work at 11:00 p.m. to do conference calls with people there.

Weezle, glad you got to sleep in! Maybe you should write the recipe on top of the brownies in FF cool whip?

Wow, RNMom, you are busy! I hear you about fruit, but if you just do your Phase 1 completely, you can get back to it. If you keep sabotaging Phase 1, you have to start over. I'm just giving you a little kick in the fanny... I know you can do this, girl! Oh man, dealing with teenagers...they are a whole 'nother species.

Jenn, good for you!!! Laudry. Blech! All that stair climbing should be very good for you!

Me:

So, part of the way through my baby quilt. Have the top done and have to get to the actual quilting now. I am frustrated with the batting and have to recut and repin, but at least I'm working on it.

Not too much going on at the homefront. Had a tearful meeting with my therapist last night. I'm just still trying to get over the meeting with that awful nutritionist. I don't know why things like that hit me so hard! I just feel that she must be right in some way...that I'm messed up and unable to complete this journey to health...but I know that I can, and I'm sure determined to proove her wrong! If I could only feel that determined all the time!

I keep forgetting the things I need to do my daily routines...yesterday and today I forgot to bring water to work...yesterday I forgot one sheet I needed to do the workout from my trainer. I faked it and it wasn't as hard a workout as she had planned. I hope that doesn't mess me up for the next one!

Seems like a lot of people I know are dealing with sick and hurting loved ones. I just feel so sad for all of them and am trying to spend a lot of time in prayer and give these worries over to the One who can truly handle them.

I'm going to lunch with a friend today which should be fun. Last night we had a squash soup with chicken. Okay, nothing spectacular. Tonight is marinated chicken and vegetables a' la' greque...it means that you simmer them in tomatoes and lemon juice, then leave them in the fridge to marinate. Of course, I forgot to get them going last night, and I have the lunch date today, so who knows when I'll get home to get them going...

Have a great afternoon, Chicks!
Old 08-24-2004, 12:16 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Weezle, glad you got to sleep in! Maybe you should write the recipe on top of the brownies in FF cool whip?
Oh my gosh, wouldn't that be funny!?!? Laurie, I'm half-tempted to do it.

So, looks like I'm going to have to make them tonight. I made a double batch for her, but used a pan that's too small, so they turned out crappy. SO, I'll have to make a single batch tonight when I get home, as I don't have enough time to do it now.

Sniffling and sneezling all the way to work.....
Closed Thread