South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 06:23 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Mutterings - August 23

Well, not really mutterings. Just shouting it out.

Good Morning!

Darn! Lucy just started her morning Spoiled Princess yipping so I'll do my dog slave duties, get a coffee and be back shortly.

Mutter away!
Old 08-23-2004, 06:27 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning to you Ruth. I am offically done phase 1 and I lost 5 pounds. I am thinking now that it may because of TOM. I am thinking it is going to happen this week, I have a sore back which is ususally a sign. So we will see.
I must go the first of the wee ones are coming in the door. I will check in later. Good morning to all of you yet to come.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:05 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Well, the burnt hand is doing much better. I'm fairly sure that my relatively pain-free state is due to my quick thinking about immediately dunking it in cold water and keeping it there for a few hours. The tips of my middle two fingers are still a wee bit sensitive, but other than that, nothing! Yay!

Went to my guild meeting yesterday...ended up with 2 replacement bobbins for my wheel, 2 packets of dye and some mohair fiber. ...don't tell DH. I'm going to have to have a stash reduction sale at some point. E Bay here I come.

Didn't eat a danged thing until dinner last night (because of the hand). Then I sort of blew it. I ended up making chicken and dumplings. But only ate one small dumpling, so it wasn't a total waste.

Ruth, those dogs seem to have you very well trained! I can't talk though, DH says I spoiled Pester Ann from Day one. But what was I supposed to do? She was a puppy, suddenly yanked away from all that was familiar, she had mange and she was naked. The mange treatment traumatized her, so I HAD to spoil her, right???

Little Chick, Way to Go, girl! I'll keep fingers that once TOM has gone, you'll step on the scale and be down ANOTHER 5 pounds.

I don't weigh until tomorrow, so, we'll see.

Hope you Chicks have a great day on the Beach. Hello to all the sleepyhead Chicks who haven't gotten in here yet.

Mamacita
Old 08-23-2004, 07:24 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup! My Girls are spoiled, Lucy in particular! (Her name really does mean Spoiled Princess!) However, they are loyal, loving, protective and think I am a Goddess so I think I'll keep them.

Little Chick, TOM is coming and you are down in weight? Good sign! It must mean you are really losing that extra.

Mamacita, I felt so badly about your poor hand. Good thinking about the cold water, especially for a long time. It really does reduce the trauma. I understand milk is even better.

This is going to be a busy week with a yard/bake/plant sale on Saturday followed by an adult scavenger hunt and a barbecue! I'm really hoping to get back to some walking as The Preggie Girls and I really need it. I have decided to wear the knee support more to see if that will help healing. The darn knee still bites me and wakens me in the night! I guess Advil at bedtime might help.

Sara is due at 8 (if it doesn't rain) and Gail will be here shortly after so I'd better get off my fluffy butt.

What's happening where you are? Come and chat.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:48 AM   #5  
cac

Hi everyone,

Mamacita - sorry to hear about your burn. Hope it heals fast

I got up today at 5:00 and did my yoga tape. Not much else to say except i have been doing reall well until last night when i went to a freinds for dinner. Ugh. well ther are 7 days until the end off the month.

cac
Old 08-23-2004, 08:14 AM   #6  

good morning all,
well i made it through another weekend, not that i did well with my eating or anything but i kept the plan in mind most of the time. the power shopping went well i still have to take dd out today to get shoes but other than that we are all done. her hair appt went well she ended up getting an straight shoulder length cut and some very subtle highlights she was very happy with the whole thing. we went out to the camper on saturday and spent the day there yesterday as well. the camping weekends will soon be over at the end of sept so we take advantage as much as we can for the last month. today is work, shopping, dinner and laundry. nothing exciting.

mama sorry to hear about your bad hand. hope it heals quick.

ruth hope you have a great day. thats why we get doggies to spoil them.

hi cac have a great day!!1

lc great job on getting through p1 good job loosing the big 5!!!

to all the rest of you chicks have a great day i'll check back later!!
Old 08-23-2004, 08:20 AM   #7  

This is my last week of summer vacation before I return to work ( teacher).
I am going to try not to let the stress of preparing to return make me eat any junk ( although all summer I have been craving a jelly donut that i have yet to eat). I loaded up with kealthy snacks like light string cheese ( also got lactaid pills) , hummus, and sugar free jello. The weather looks nice this week so I am going to grill meat and veggies on the BBQ with big fresh salads. Kinda doing a phase one week, but having a few servings of grains if the urge strikes. The only thing that I have been eating is special K low carb a few mornings a week.I probably should start incorporating them back into my diet more than I am.

I am trying some of the recipes from the book ( I finally got it from the library). I am making the ginger chicken and the balsamic chicken this week.
I find the book helpful because he talks about eating and cheating and that it is okay to have a "special" dinner and do not feel guilty just go on phase one for a few days. So hopefully I will be better educated about SBD.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:05 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, everyone!

Ruth, I'd wear that knee brace as much as I could, if I were you. But you're stubborn, so you do whatever the **** you want, darling.
Hugs for you and Harry...

Little Chick... 5 pounds!! That's great, girl!!!

Mamacita, I'm so glad your burn is healing quickly...
Yes...Michael Phelps! Amazing swimmer, and what a charming thing to do... stepping down for the relay to allow his teammate to get the gold. Very nice.
Hey, we got a gold in gymnastics! That's the first gold we've EVER had in gymnastics! We're such a very small, humbled country.

Karen, how was DH's birthday?
The movie was fun, thanks. I do enjoy a good scary movie, and it was fun going with my daughter and her friend. They're both such sweeties.

Kristin, don't apologise for venting. This is the place to do it... you're a very supportive person, and we're here for you, too!
I hope the funeral goes okay today. I'll be thinking about you. I'm glad you've got new meds. I know it's frustrating having to take them, but they're life-savers. I'll say prayers that you find a good psychiatrist soon. Hang in there, sweetie.

Cac, good for you doing the yoga!

Jodi, we're OP today, darling. Please see sticky at top of forum.
Isn't it funny how our young daughters simply must have dyed hair. It's such a sign of the times. (I guess.) My DD frequently dyes her hair. Her natural colour is almost black, which I love, but she likes the "red look".

Chilichick, you're smart to get on track before the start of the school year. I hope this is a good year for you.

I'm just getting ready to go and see my psychiatrist. I haven't seen him for almost a month. Sometimes I think, "What the heck am I going to say TODAY!?!?" But there's always something, and that hour just flies by!

Have a great day, girls... back later...
Old 08-23-2004, 09:32 AM   #9  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Smile I'm back......

Hello ladies,

Good morning to all. After a nice relaxing weekend away at the beach, I am back with a little guilt. I didn't quite stay on plan as I had hoped. I indulged in some garlic mashed potatoes, a really yummy dessert (don't remember what was in it, but is was sooooo good!) little bruschetta, fried clams..oih and I might have had a couple pieces of bread (not necessarily ww either). I feel bad, but it was all sooooo good. I did walk probably about a total of 10 miles on Saturday between my 5 miles if power walking and 3.5 hours of shopping. I think I will start Phase 1 again and get my body back in check again...just in time for visitors for Labor Day weekend. But any way, I need to do it. This happens every time I start a diet. I am so good and focused for about 2 months, but then lose interest and fall of the wagon.

I am home today with another sinus headache, but am thinking of trying my yoga for dummies....I've had it since Valentine's day last year.....My BF isn't too happy.

I hope everyone has a good day on the beach.
Sheila
Old 08-23-2004, 09:36 AM   #10  

Good Morning, gals! TOM should start today but I was down another pound this morning. I may just make my August goal yet. I did a LOT of walking this weekend. I took a 2 hour walk yesterday and then DS begged for me to join him on a 1 hour walk in the afternoon. He rides his scooter while I walk. I don't expect to do as much exercise this week since I have evening plans but I'll do what I can.

This is going to be a busy week. I'm covering for my team leader at work today and Friday. I had a cub scout planning meeting last night and have a committee meeting on Tuesday night. Thursday, I'm taking some time off in the afternoon to help out at the scouting rally at the school and then that night we have the Scouting for Scouts night where we talk to the parents. Oh, well, next week will be easier. We only have a pack meeting then. Oh, I forgot about the pizza party next Monday. I plan to eat ahead of time if I can.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:40 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I have just been BAD. I ate some of the non SBD appetizers I made for last night. Only 4 bloody people showed up, when 13 RSVP'd. So I made all that food, and nobody would take it home. So I ate it.

You gotta be kiddin' me. I PIGGED OUT yesterday....ate all kinds of non-OP things. I'm still 140. I was curious so in the middle of my post I weighed myself.

So Terry's mom is mad at us because last September we bumped our wedding date up (originally was Sept 11, now is April 16 since we wanted more time to save money) and I thought Terry told her....apparently he didn't tell her until last weekend. Sigh. So now she's not talking to him, won't go to dinner with him tonight for her birthday, nothing. He swears he told her a long time ago. Wouldn't you think if the wedding was in 3 weeks you would have heard SOMETHING about it?? I feel guilty, but how the **** was I supposed to know he didn't tell her? When I asked him if he told her (a year ago) he said he did! Aaggghhhh drama.

Here's another thing.....(I'm venting too...) Terry's mom still converses with Terry's ex. Apparently Heather (the ex) knew all about the date, time, etc of our wedding because some girl at the grocery store told me. Said she recognized me from pictures Heather had (why does she have pictures of me???) Thought we were getting married in September, etc. Apparently the girl from the grocery store was Heather's ex-roomie. I do NOT want this woman sabotaging my wedding. It was a bad break between the two of them, and Terry immediately went to me. I've only met the woman once, and it was under baaaaad circumstances. (PM me if you're that curious, but I can't post it here.) I wish Terry's mom would just stop talking to her. She didn't like Heather the whole 7 years they were together. Now, as soon as he starts dating me, they're best friends. Ugh.

Oh dang. It's time to get ready for work. It's a 2-jobber again. All I have to type is "2-jobber" and I yawn. Gotta hit the shower. Talk to you all later!

Old 08-23-2004, 09:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello and Good Morning Beachgals!
I need you more than ever now, after this past week! I discovered Maple Cream Cookies and Maple Walnut Ice Cream, and we also went to the Ben & Jerry's Factory in Vermont, and on top of that, a very dear woman made us a scrumptious Bumbleberry Pie. Well, vacation time is over now, and I won't be going away til December, so it's back to Phase 1 for me. THANK YOU for starting the PHASE 1 STICKY!!! It will help a lot just knowing that many of the rest of you are starting back at the beginning,too!
I had to drag myself to Curves this morning, but I really feel good now that I've done it. It's hard to get back on track again. For today, I need to clean the house and finish the laundry. I did my grocery shopping yesterday, so I have plenty of OP food in the house. I have to babysit later this afternoon, so I'm going to take the rest of the box of Maple Cream Cookies along to give to the little ones. They are soooo good that I know if I have them here I won't be able to keep myself from devouring them! Breakfast so far has been a cup of coffee and string cheese. I may have a peach midmorning, I know they're not Phase 1, but I have to use them up. For lunch I'm having a Chicken Caesar Salad, and probably the same for supper tonight with a ricotta whip.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:45 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies!

Little Chick -- GOOD for you! I fell like I gained your 5 though! I've heard that iof you hang around with or live with other women long enough, you get to be on the same TOM cycle. Wonder if this is true for online, because I think it's happening here too!

Mama -- yikes! Glad your hand is better!

Ruth -- I have the same issue with my knee at night - and my shoulders. it could be how I sleep on top of the health issues. Anywho, every so often I take 2 Alleve before I go to bed and wake up a lot happier, not to mention mobile.

Cac -- 5A??? I nevy a person who can wake up that early!

Jodi -- your "tonight" sound like mine -- I have to go to the gym though. 1.5 weeks of no excersise and I wake up all crabby and sore! Dinner is salmon though, yum! And I have to go return a suit but forgot to take it with me this AM with my gym clothes (must bring the clothes as it's harder to drive BY the gym with them in the car than to go home to change and sit there instead of going!). The suit was too big btw!!!

Chili -- good job in planning. You'll get into the groove of things soon I am sure!

Ellis -- have a good day...

Sheila -- no use in feeling bad -- we can't change the past and at least it was worth it for you, you know? Now back on track

Barb -- I can sympathize with the busy week. Hope you can stay as close to OP as possible!

Weezle -- that is totally odd that she still talks to her. And this girl -- stalker much???

Cottage -- a bunch of us are starting phase 1 again. I am starting, FOR REAL, tomorrow until I leave. Join the bandwagon!

As for me:

I started the day out with an everything bagel with salmon and cream cheese. I don't know why I do these things (i.e.-forgetting breakfast and lunch at home and being "stuck"). I am no where near where I wanted to be for Puerto Rico and I leave Thursday. TOM is next week too. Ugh. I did manage to lose a pound and I am going to work off that bagel at the gym tonight. Lunch is the only thing I have to think about now -- perhaps a nice big salad. I took salmon out for dinner (I had every intention of being OP today!) so I am set there.

Think I can lose 4 pounds in 3 days???

I am going to try to update often this week before I leave and *gulp* have to wear a bathing suit!
Old 08-23-2004, 11:16 AM   #14  
Faith in me

Good Morning Ladies!

Well I woke up at 7:30 today because my little brother's alarm clock was going off and he wouldn't turn it off , he slept through it....leaving me to turn it off....i heard it in my room...ugh....but anyways....I didn't go out last night...I was kinda tired...There's not much really going on today.....I'm in the office answering phones for now...little brother came out here and is annoying me.....ugh.....maybe i'll go out later just to get out of the house...It's another beautiful day here...sun is shining it's supposed to be 88 degrees....so I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-23-2004, 12:06 PM   #15  

Good morning/afternoon, ladies. I trust everyone had a good weekend.

First of all, CONGRATS to you exercisers out there! I spend $40 a month on a gym and yet, somehow haven't gone in almost two months. No time!! So I super commend all of you that get out there!

Secondly, Jenne, I lost 4 lbs last week, and I caved and had whole wheat pizza and white wine on Saturday night. I weighed myself Sunday a.m., so anything is possible. Have a blast in Pr! My best friends (twins!) from college live there year round, and they are constantly gushing about it.

History Chick, it is gorgeous out here too. I am heading out to eat lunch outside, on the gorgeous waterfront in Boston. I brought a bathing suit and a blanket so I can catch some sun. I got so pale!

Weezle, congrats on a wedding date! Weddings are so special, I am not even close to getting ready to be married, but I still flip thru the Martha Stewart Wedding magazine. I sure hope things improve with the MIL. How abt chatting with her, sharing a cup of tea and explaining that it makes you uncomfortable that she is sharing details of yours and your financees personal life with a former flame? Although I realize that that is a stretch in a lot of MIL/DIL relationships, perhaps some of the other ladies in the forum who are MILs can offer some advice.

Well, off to do a little work. They do pay me after all!
Closed Thread